Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Psp.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm still listening to this week's Cornette show but holy poo poo he's angry. So far I've learned that he hates rap, republicans, Muslims/Iran and of course Vince Russo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm still listening to this week's Cornette show but holy poo poo he's angry. So far I've learned that he hates rap, republicans, Muslims/Iran and of course Vince Russo.

Cornette's racism was a little too much this week.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Cornette's racism was a little too much this week.

He's internet_leftist.txt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I asked Dave who Beau James was but I don't think he ever answered that.

I asked Cornette about that Russo WWF Livewire video from '96 (he remembered that and said it was someone's idea to work the internet) and the WWF Wrestle Vessel after we saw the commercial (he had no idea what I was talking about).

Karl Stern has never heard of him either.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cornette wanted to literally murder noted fun guy Kenny Omega because he wrestled a little girl

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i believe he said "slit his throat from ear to ear" but hyperbole is cornette's gimmick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Cornette wanted to literally murder noted fun guy Kenny Omega because he wrestled a little girl
You know I've only ever seen Omega wrestle little girls and inanimate objects. Is he actually good at working serious matches?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Was he mad because of violence against children or that Omega doing comedy matches is exposing the business?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Was he mad because of violence against children or that Omega doing comedy matches is exposing the business?

i think you know the answer

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

And his weekly podcasts don't expose the business?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

And his weekly podcasts don't expose the business?

He got over exposing the business, now he's mad about making things that to him make what's left of it look like a joke

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Corny should check out his matches with YOSHIHIKO.

Actually, I'd love to see his reactions to watching all of DDT.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

St Evan Echoes posted:

You know I've only ever seen Omega wrestle little girls and inanimate objects. Is he actually good at working serious matches?

He is a fun wrestler, and wrestling is all about fun, in my opinion.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He got over exposing the business, now he's mad about making things that to him make what's left of it look like a joke

Cornette being a weird, insecure man-baby will always be one of my favorite things about wrestling.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

OctoberCountry posted:

Cornette being a weird, insecure man-baby will always be one of my favorite things about wrestling.

The best is when he rants about how much he hates cartoon wrestling and how much he hates things that make it look fake and then there's video of him wrestling a Ninja Turtle in SMW on Youtube.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I like listening to Cornette because he tells good stories but it doesn't take very long to understand why he got fired so often.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

The best is when he rants about how much he hates cartoon wrestling and how much he hates things that make it look fake and then there's video of him wrestling a Ninja Turtle in SMW on Youtube.
Cornette would probably say it's okay because he's not a wrestler so cartoon wrestling is okay for non-wrestlers and I'd agree

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was something beautiful about Bryan's misunderstanding of Todd's Post Office story in their latest show. I'm gonna go ahead and pretend from now on that sometime during the mid-80s, Dave Meltzer was going to the post office and screaming at the staff there to tell him who King Tonga was.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jerusalem posted:

There was something beautiful about Bryan's misunderstanding of Todd's Post Office story in their latest show. I'm gonna go ahead and pretend from now on that sometime during the mid-80s, Dave Meltzer was going to the post office and screaming at the staff there to tell him who King Tonga was.

I imagined he was trying to track where fan mail was being sent to or something

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I can't even imagine Meltz getting truly angry.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't even imagine Meltz getting truly angry.

He'd go from his usual partial word salad to full-on word salad, uhs and y'knows everywhere, much like the breakdown of Ned Flanders.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Delsaber posted:

He'd go from his usual partial word salad to full-on word salad, uhs and y'knows everywhere, much like the breakdown of Ned Flanders.

"CAN'T YOU MORONS BOOK ANYTHING RIGHT??"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan mentioned on the new B&V show that the Tuesday show was the 5 year aniversary of the Gold Boat promo, so I went back to find it (March 10th 2010) and it gave me some new appreciation for all the improvements Bryan's made regarding audio quality.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 13, 2015

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Austin's podcast with Danny Davis was the best one in a long time. I really would pay money for a podcast where they rounded up old timers from the 70s/80s territorial days to tell all the best stories they knew.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Danny's story about the time he shot on Ole Anderson and then left his tag partner to deal with the aftermath was hilarious.

"He didn't pay me for the night, but it was all right :)"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dunbar posted:

Austin's podcast with Danny Davis was the best one in a long time. I really would pay money for a podcast where they rounded up old timers from the 70s/80s territorial days to tell all the best stories they knew.

May I interest you in The Jim Cornette Experience by James E. E. Cornette?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

njsykora posted:

Bryan mentioned on the new B&V show that the Tuesday show was the 5 year aniversary of the Gold Boat promo, so I went back to find it (March 10th 2010) and it gave me some new appreciation for all the improvements Bryan's made regarding audio quality.

This reminds me of the ROH video that spoofs that, which in turn reminds me of Mike Hogewood and how awesome a catchphrase "Slap the Porpoise" was.
Link

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I am enjoying the Giant Bombcast working insider wrestling terms into their podcast haha

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I am listening to post-PPV Brian and Vinny shows from the past few years to see how they react to things as they unfolded. One of my favorites has been listening to their reviews of World of Hurt, which I had never heard of and still have never seen. I immediately realized they were talking about Emma when they mentioned someone named "Tenille Tayla." It was only today, while looking at the website for the long-dead show, that I realized that the French Stallion was in fact Sylvester LeFort. Two NXT TV placements including one poorly utilized Raw graduate is pretty good for a Z-League wrestling TV Show. Was the show actually worth watching at all, or did Bryan mostly watch it out of loyalty to Lance?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dunbar posted:

You should watch the Old School DVD series that Highspots puts out, it's exactly that, except not a podcast.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I am listening to post-PPV Brian and Vinny shows from the past few years to see how they react to things as they unfolded. One of my favorites has been listening to their reviews of World of Hurt, which I had never heard of and still have never seen. I immediately realized they were talking about Emma when they mentioned someone named "Tenille Tayla." It was only today, while looking at the website for the long-dead show, that I realized that the French Stallion was in fact Sylvester LeFort. Two NXT TV placements including one poorly utilized Raw graduate is pretty good for a Z-League wrestling TV Show. Was the show actually worth watching at all, or did Bryan mostly watch it out of loyalty to Lance?

We had a WOH marathon on PSP.tv ("It's Pissssssssssssssss") and it was pretty good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have it on good authority that the French Stallion episode may be the greatest thing of anything thing in the history of things.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
What is the Gold Boat promo

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

duyarvish posted:

What is the Gold Boat promo

Bryan said that if wrestling got hot like it did during the 90s again he would have the money to buy a gold boat. "I would have a boat of gold!.....a boat of gold!". It was part of a rant about how people thinks he wanted TNA to fail.

Listen from here onwards.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 13, 2015

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
My Flash player seems to crash at least once a day when listening to shows on the F4W site. Like I'll click play to listen to an old show, it'll play for about 5-10 seconds, and then the Flash Player will crash.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jim Cornette, the wrestling historian is 100x better than Jim Cornette, racist old uncle posing as political analyst. Though I did enjoy the him calling Sarah Palin white trash.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think Granny is using those chocolate bars in the rehab center like cigarettes in prison.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
In the Steve Austin podcast Eric Young mentioned at one point he got up to like 257 pounds. Does anyone know when this was?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

CVagts posted:

My Flash player seems to crash at least once a day when listening to shows on the F4W site. Like I'll click play to listen to an old show, it'll play for about 5-10 seconds, and then the Flash Player will crash.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CVagts posted:

Are you using Chrome? I used to have issues in general with Flash/Shockwave

• Locked thread