Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fuzz posted:

Get it on 3DS.

The 3D is AWESOME.

It's subtle which I think is the best way to use it. It brings the parallax scrolling to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SRM posted:

It's subtle which I think is the best way to use it. It brings the parallax scrolling to the next level.

Plus you can carry the loving :krad: soundtrack with you anywhere.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The 3D is so insanely good. Every game should be 3D.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I like streetpass more to see how other people are playing a game than using it as a means of getting "stuff", since by the time enough people playing the game are out in the wild you've probably beaten the game and are at a point where a random streetpass isn't that much of a help.

Stuff like how far people have gotten in games, who they've married in-game or what their Animal Crossing house looks like. This can lead to getting lot of chaff though in which a fair number of players you pass never got past the first few levels or are really low level and you realize just how common it must be for someone to buy a new game, load it up, play it for a bit and then seemingly never return to it. Or they sold the game early on and just never deleted the streetpass data on their machines...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

404GoonNotFound posted:

Playing chapter 1 again but I'm having the same problem as in the demo: Is there any way to start the first round of 1-3 that doesn't end with you getting swarmed? Between Henry & John there's just not enough shots to set off enough TNT to get any breathing room.

I had them under control for the most part. I cleared everything from the front with Henry, then had Henry go into the garden on the left while John went on the right while slowly moving in. The aliens that kept respawning near the start would get overwatched for the most part from Henry but was mostly fine. It wasn't till the end of the stage that John got overwhelmed but by that time I had all 3 cogs and was able to dive into the exit.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I should just trade-in all my 3ds games because I don't think there is an end to Monster Hunter and I'm never going to stop playing it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I should just trade-in all my 3ds games because I don't think there is an end to Monster Hunter and I'm never going to stop playing it.

The end only comes when they release a new MH game and you stop playing the old one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zaphod42 posted:

The end only comes when they release a new MH game and you stop playing the old one.

pretty much. i was still dropping into 3u a couple weeks before 4u

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got email notification from UPS that my charger cradle was delivered. :woop:

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

I have huge hands.

Can anyone recommend hand grips for the N3DS? I'm about to take the plunge on Monster Hunter, but I'm afraid that my body is not ready.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I have huge hands.

Can anyone recommend hand grips for the N3DS? I'm about to take the plunge on Monster Hunter, but I'm afraid that my body is not ready.

Cyber grip. have fun spending $40 on a grip!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Got my N3DSXL Cyber grip in the mail today, took 17 days to get here from Japan. It's not as comfy as the circle pad pro was on the regular 3DSXL, but it will do.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had them under control for the most part. I cleared everything from the front with Henry, then had Henry go into the garden on the left while John went on the right while slowly moving in. The aliens that kept respawning near the start would get overwatched for the most part from Henry but was mostly fine. It wasn't till the end of the stage that John got overwhelmed but by that time I had all 3 cogs and was able to dive into the exit.

The dumbest thing to me about that game is that your first two chars are Henry and John Henry. Kept confusing me when switching between.

Also, gently caress hole 18 in Rock Candy Mines up its stupid rear end.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

MH4u is a seachange level of difference from the rest of the series. As in Resident Evil 4 is revolutionary vs re1-3. I still can't understand how Capcom hasn't ruined the series or DLC murdered it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Just sold the Zelda Codename Steam pre-order bonus on ebay for $22...when I trade the game in after I beat it I basically got it for free :woop:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fryhtaning posted:

Also, gently caress hole 18 in Rock Candy Mines up its stupid rear end.

I see you haven't played Mario's Star yet. Mario's Star is hosed up.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I see you haven't played Mario's Star yet. Mario's Star is hosed up.

:ohdear:

I'm sure Mav still finds a way to get -27 in that one, too :rolleyes:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So Mecha Abe is basically Impact from Goemon in how it plays

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Finished Risky's Revenge, which is cool cause Pirate's Curse is on sale so I grabbed that and have been playing it for a couple hours today. So far there have been two cases of casual manslaughter that were played for comedy. I do like how all three games have very seemless plotlines, like, finish one and the next game picks up at the exact same point, it makes the series feel like one really big game, very is pretty cool.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Should I call Nintendo? I got a shipment notification for my dock almost two days, but there's no shipping number or visible change in info on the site.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hey goons. I'm on the other side of the generational divide from when I followed this stuff like a hawk as a kid, but my daughter is turning 5 and is crazy in to Mario. I got her a 2ds with mario kart, and a copy of new super mario 2.

What about the "new 3ds" would make it worth returning the other one before her party amd shelling out another 50 bucks for her to have before her party tomorrow? I want her to have the good Nintendos like my dad did for me but I'm not sure what the distinctions all are and if it's worth it.

From what I can tell it plays the same games, the screen is bigger, it won't include a game, and it scans those doll things?

E: oh I also heard somewhere you gotra buy a charger seperate with the new one? Really?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Otisburg posted:

Hey goons. I'm on the other side of the generational divide from when I followed this stuff like a hawk as a kid, but my daughter is turning 5 and is crazy in to Mario. I got her a 2ds with mario kart, and a copy of new super mario 2.

What about the "new 3ds" would make it worth returning the other one before her party amd shelling out another 50 bucks for her to have before her party tomorrow? I want her to have the good Nintendos like my dad did for me but I'm not sure what the distinctions all are and if it's worth it.

From what I can tell it plays the same games, the screen is bigger, it won't include a game, and it scans those doll things?

E: oh I also heard somewhere you gotra buy a charger seperate with the new one? Really?

If she is 5 the 2ds is much better. The fact the 3ds is hinged makes it much more breakable. Also, at her age the 3d is probably a bad idea for developing eyes. And the games she can't play are way out of her age range, anyway.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Otisburg posted:

There's no reason for any 5 year old (or any person, really) to own a new 3DS. However, it's possible Nintendo announces a Wii game for the new 3DS as an exclusive, so who knows.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Otisburg posted:

Yes, that's true, it doesn't come with a charger.

The New 3DS has a bigger screen, a much better 3D viewing angle (though kids under 6 aren't supposed to use 3D anyway, supposedly), a second analog nub, L2 and R2 buttons, and a faster processor. So far only one game has been announced that *requires* the New 3DS (it's not out yet), and that game is not for small kids.

Really for a child that young a 2DS probably is your best option.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
A 2DS should be fine for her. That thing was actually designed for children.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Otisburg posted:

A 2DS is perfect for a small child, there's nothing exclusive for the n3DS in her age range anyway. And don't worry too much about the amiibo interaction - there's (supposed to be) an accessory portal like the Skylanders/Infinity ones coming for the regular 2/3DS models to use.

Otisburg posted:

It's kinda dumb but not really, because they've been using the same charger since the DSi's and it's a pretty good bet that a vast chunk of their userbase already has one of the same charger already by now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Thanks for the info, dudes. I don't want to be the out of touch dad who thinks he got the good cool thing but he got the bad wrong old thing.

She didn't really ask for anything like this but she loves the mario games on her original wii and always wants to play games on my Samsung smart phone telephone so I think it will be a cool surprise.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 14, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Otisburg posted:

Thanks for the info. I don't want to be the out of touch dad who thinks he got the good cool thing but he got the bad wrong old thing.

She didn't really ask for anything like this but she loves the mario games on her original wii and always wants to play games on my Samsung smart phone telephone so I think it will be a cool surprise.

All the NES Mario games are on the eShop, so she can play them on the 2DS too if you buy them through it :ssh:.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the 2ds doesnt come with a charger either?

nvm didnt see you said the new one

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All the NES Mario games are on the eShop, so she can play them on the 2DS too :ssh:.

Maybe I'll have to spend some time with her seeing if the old man can replicate his 1988 feat of beating SMB... without losing a single guy

You scoff but just ask my cousin he was p2 and didn't get a turn till after I cleared world 8-4.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 14, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Otisburg posted:

Maybe I'll have to spend some time with her seeing if the old man can replicate his 1988 feat of beating SMB... without loosing a single guy

You scoff but just ask my cousin he was p2 and didn't get a turn till after I cleared world 8-4.

what a troop

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Man the stable 3D works really well and the better framerate/textures look great in MH4U but I desperately need some grips. The most comfortable way to hold it is to rest the bottom of the 3DS against my pinkies but I keep accidentally hitting the power button while pressing R.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo support says I never sent in my 3ds but I have two UPS receipts that say otherwise. :|

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mega Gengar is an rear end in a top hat.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liquid Penguins posted:

Nintendo support says I never sent in my 3ds but I have two UPS receipts that say otherwise. :|

Holy poo poo what? My UPS Tracking shows delivered but my Repair Status page hasn't showed received yet. I gave it a few days just to be sure. What else did they tell you? "Tough poo poo?"

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Maybe the status page is broke since, for the third time, I have yet to get shipping info for a package although I got an email saying it shipped.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo what? My UPS Tracking shows delivered but my Repair Status page hasn't showed received yet. I gave it a few days just to be sure. What else did they tell you? "Tough poo poo?"

I got an email back and I'm calling in the morning. The actual repair center will be closed though so who knows what the phone man/lady will be able to do. At this point I'm tempted to get a used system and have them transfer licenses. When I get the new 3ds back in a year I'll just sell it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

precision posted:

Mega Gengar is an rear end in a top hat.

At this point I've resigned to my fate of checking in every day for the next few weeks until I have the coins to buy all the upgrades and destroy that piece of poo poo.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Ugh, yet another reason to despise Nintendo for not releasing the non-XL model stateside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dreyvas posted:

Ugh, yet another reason to despise Nintendo for not releasing the non-XL model stateside.

Okay now that is just loving cruel.