Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Smoothrich posted:

Well that would be a corrupt way of doing it, being all petty and mean. But I'm thinking like a legal challenge to force more concrete definitions to the problems, something civil rights advocacy groups like the ACLU always do. I could probably put on a wig and go down to my county office right now and ask for some women's only resources if something is barred to me by my presupposed male gender and get the ball roling haha!

sure, but again this would make you an rear end in a top hat and it would probably backfire real quick - if you have no medical or social history of identifying as trans your claims will fall apart pretty quick and you'll be labeled as a con artist

i still think there is a biological neurological basis for the cis/trans spectrum so at the very least we could scan your brain and that would prove it

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I like that this nightmare transgender scenario is basically just "gender walls slightly broken down, desperate man able to use a service meant for women." It pretty much belongs alongside Food Stamp Spent on Lobster and In-Person Voter Fraud in the bin of things that aren't really problems.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I like that this nightmare transgender scenario is basically just "gender walls slightly broken down, desperate man able to use a service meant for women." It pretty much belongs alongside Food Stamp Spent on Lobster and In-Person Voter Fraud in the bin of things that aren't really problems.

yeah

"what's stopping me from cheating on my taxes, underreporting my income, and going on welfare" uh nothing, except being on welfare isn't as great as you might imagine and if you get caught there will be penalties

i would actually encourage these men to present as women for a while and see how they're treated. they may actually get some perspective on how much better it is to be a cis male in our society than a cis or trans female. the only reason i dont is because the kind of people who would do this are the kind of people who haven't figured it out yet and would probably get an entirely wrong lesson

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

VitalSigns posted:

It's less efficient if on the way to the urinal you get your rear end kicked by bigots who feel their sexuality is threatened by the thought of a dress with a penis under it.
Men are scum and all, but I think it's weird to say it's unfair to assume a transgender woman is a danger to women in the lady's room one moment, but fair to assume that men are a danger to any transgender person in the men's room the next. And honestly, I had to think about this a while because I was operating under the same assumptions.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Madmarker posted:

I get the fact gyms are uncomfortable for people, and excessive grunting can be distracting, but....its like a natural thing. If I am lifting something heavy, I grunt, I don't try and grunt, I don't attempt to grunt, but I grunt. Like what are you supposed to do, be completely silent? I don't think it is physically possible for me to lift something over 100lbs without grunting.

Grunting is cool, yelling out a grunt is just being lovely. It is also annoying when people drop heavy rear end weights. If you have to drop it from 3 feet, chances are your form is poo poo because you're cheating it and need to go lower on weight with proper form. But yeah, stay away from PF.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

sure, but again this would make you an rear end in a top hat and it would probably backfire real quick - if you have no medical or social history of identifying as trans your claims will fall apart pretty quick and you'll be labeled as a con artist

How? I think anything denying my claim, no matter how hypocritical and blatantly self-serving it would be, would be a direct violation of my Fourteenth Amendment rights and the Civil Rights Act. Unless there is some authority that has the power to define gender against the will of a citizen? Which seems to invalidate the precedent set in those two cases that self-identified transgendered people being protected under these laws. If someone DARED to question anything, that would be like, violating decades of accumulated federal law hahahahaha and render it all or nothing unconstitutional. The only problem is, I'm sure a judge would throw out any of this poo poo, but I have the endless trolling mentality to argue for an appeal that seems fundamentally impossible to deny the logical foundation of.

I don't really want to desecrate my reputation before I even begin to build it by being a fake trans douchebag arguing in a petty county court over my imaginary civil right violations, especially after making these posts which would inevitably be used against me. But its certainly worrisome if people with malcontent start working angles like this, which wouldn't help any LGBT awareness or legal protections either. I should probably contact my local ACLU chapter about this! I'd love some way to volunteer for LGBT rights outside of marching with a bunch of pretty boys in NYC pride parades.

But I am working on a novel where I self-insert my personality as the main character, but as a lesbian woman to appeal to a broader demographic. Does that count as self-identified trans..?

And I will repudiate any neurological claims of being able to categorize people on a spectrum already. That sounds something at bare minimum many years away. They can't even decide on neurological diagnosis for basic mental illnesses everyone already accepts on a behavioral level, god only knows a complex, personal self-actualization like "I AM A WOMAN!" being reflected in neuroimaging.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Has RuPauls show had any straight Queens? I think I missed a season or two.

I wonder if there has ever been a straight Christian conservative drag queen, I'm suddenly reminded of that conservative brony cartoon.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MaxxBot posted:

I wonder if there has ever been a straight Christian conservative drag queen, I'm suddenly reminded of that conservative brony cartoon.

Obligatory j Edgar hoover snipe

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Smoothrich posted:

How? I think anything denying my claim, no matter how hypocritical and blatantly self-serving it would be, would be a direct violation of my Fourteenth Amendment rights and the Civil Rights Act.

well we currently don't have a framework for handling this kind of thing because we currently don't have an epidemic of cis men falsely identifying as trans to gain the superior benefits and social standing that being trans carries

Smoothrich posted:

Unless there is some authority that has the power to define gender against the will of a citizen? Which seems to invalidate the precedent set in those two cases that self-identified transgendered people being protected under these laws.

we have to rely on the "self-identified" qualifier for now because there is no way currently to validate that claim. however i think it's possible if not likely to find ways based in social standing, medical history, peer groups and interest, etc. to deliniate between sincere transpersons and the trolling fakers. at the very least screening from a psychologist should be able to identify someone's sincere belief in cases where it's necessary to ask someone to prove it

Smoothrich posted:

And I will repudiate any neurological claims of being able to categorize people on a spectrum already. That sounds something at bare minimum many years away. They can't even decide on neurological diagnosis for basic mental illnesses everyone already accepts on a behavioral level, god only knows a complex, personal self-actualization like "I AM A WOMAN!" being reflected in neuroimaging.

mental illness is harder to identify, and again - how can we tell when someone legitimately has a mental illness versus just faking it to claim disability or something?

but it's closer than you think. we can already identify many parts of the brain as gendered and, as it turns out, transgendered persons often have one or more brain structures that are non-conformant to the structures expected due to their body's sex

http://transascity.org/the-transgender-brain/

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

Rudy Giuliani. I'm too lazy to copy paste so just google "Rudy Giuliani in drag".

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Yes let's force people into the bathroom of the sex they were assigned at birth, there's nothing weird that could come of that no sir

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201503121908-0024623

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

radical meme posted:

Rudy Giuliani. I'm too lazy to copy paste so just google "Rudy Giuliani in drag".

I think there's an important (but to me, unknown) distinction between dressing in drag and being a drag queen. You probably have to have at least one bangin lip synch routine.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think there's an important (but to me, unknown) distinction between dressing in drag and being a drag queen. You probably have to have at least one bangin lip synch routine.

drag queen is like a hobby, you do it because you enjoy it. dressing in drag for a laugh or for charity doesn't have the same weight of conviction

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The Rokstar posted:

Yes let's force people into the bathroom of the sex they were assigned at birth, there's nothing weird that could come of that no sir

I think the whole concept of separate but equal bathrooms begins to collapse with scrutiny. I realized this months ago staring at those gender signs posted on bathrooms thinking about a trans pov or black and white water fountains. But trans people are such a minority only now becoming aware to our public conscious, are they left out by the equal protection clause with countless examples of gender delineation in our institutional framework? We barely can discuss or make policy on gay rights, racism, or feminism as a nation as it is lol.

Glad to see as always Twitter is leading us into hilarious uncharted territory with trollbait activism. But I hope Minnesota passes those laws defining gender by birth I live here. I'll be the first to challenge them!

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 13, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

But if we let gays marry what will stop straight men from getting married for tax benefits?!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Rokstar posted:

This guy clearly never went to any of the old ECW shows, I see. :spergin:

I recognize the reference and I like your joke. I couldn't let this get no love.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Rokstar posted:

Wouldn't a good compromise be to segregate on genitals? Penis with penis, vagina with vagina and everyone's happy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't think I've laughed out loud at something like this in a long time but this one got me:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/mitt-romney-iran-deal-op-ed-116055.html#ixzz3UI0QPnPV

quote:

Mitt Romney says President Barack Obama could silence critics like him by walking away from a nuclear agreement with Iran

Hey, Mr. "made me return 500 lb's worth of fireworks" if you want me to stop talking poo poo...what?...no I definitely was talking poo poo.......well surely you must've heard...no? Well just trust me I was talking poo poo....if you want me to stop you could simply do exactly what I want you to do and scuttle years of international work. Have you ever considered that?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
It still bothers me that newspapers don't use "Failed President Mitt Romney" whenever one of these articles shows up.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It wouldn't silence anyone - they'd simply shift their criticism to that scuttling of years of international work. They hate Obama, not what he does.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
They hate what he does, too.

What we should take away from this is that the Republican party -- and by extension Libertarians, who are just Republicans minus religion -- is a seething ball of pulsing, throbbing hatred and greed.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I just can't get over the idea that anyone would publish any GOP guy, let alone Mitt Romney, saying "You knowwwww....if you just fulfilled our parties wildest fantasies we might stop criticizing yooooou. Just saaaaayin" as if it has any value beyond comedy. No poo poo? I wonder what we might get in trade if Obama just straight up quits and hands the keys to Ted Cruz?? Lets get to the negotiating table, this has potential!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Screaming Idiot posted:

They hate what he does, too.

What we should take away from this is that the Republican party -- and by extension Libertarians, who are just Republicans minus religion -- is a seething ball of pulsing, throbbing hatred and greed.

Never not correct http://www.theonion.com/video/after-obama-victory-shrieking-whitehot-sphere-of-p,30284/

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hahahahhahaaahahaha

quote:

After Beck Threatens To Cancel His Membership, NRA Launches Ethics Investigation Into Grover Norquist

Earlier this week, Glenn Beck announced on his radio program that if anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist was re-elected to the board of the National Rifle Association, Beck would cancel his lifetime membership with the organization.

Beck's threat was rooted in a right-wing conspiracy theory that Norquist is some sort of nefarious front man for the Muslim Brotherhood and consequently is, in Beck's words, "a very bad man."

On his radio program today, Beck announced that he had an hour-long conversation yesterday with the NRA's Wayne LaPierre, who told him that the organization had been receiving hundreds of calls from Beck followers threatening to cancel their memberships if Beck does so, prompting LaPierre to promise Beck that the organization will launch an ethics investigation into Norquist that would "get to the bottom of this once and for all."

"Many of the reasons why we are off on the wrong track now in the Middle East," Beck said, "is because of the influence of Grover Norquist ... This guy is on the wrong side. Whether he knows it or not, I don't believe he's out trying to destroy America, but his efforts and his work will lead to the destruction of America."

Beck said that LaPierre vowed to him that the NRA would conduct a totally "transparent" investigation into Norquist and his work, the results of which will be published on the NRA website for all to see.

The fact that Norquist hasn't voluntarily resigned from the NRA or dropped his bid for re-election amid the allegations, Beck said, "speaks volumes."

"I think that says a lot about his personal character, myself," Beck said

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/after-beck-threatens-cancel-his-membership-nra-launches-ethics-investigation-grover-norquist

Pretty cool that Glenn Becks conspiracy theories about who is a secret Taqqiya agent of destruction now counts for more than Grover Norquists NO TAXES EVER pledges. Gotta up your game Grover.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hahahahhahaaahahaha

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/after-beck-threatens-cancel-his-membership-nra-launches-ethics-investigation-grover-norquist

Pretty cool that Glenn Becks conspiracy theories about who is a secret Taqqiya agent of destruction now counts for more than Grover Norquists NO TAXES EVER pledges. Gotta up your game Grover.

Oh cool that delusional Frank Gaffney poo poo is coming back to the forefront. That's always good for a laugh.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I love that Wayne LaPierre's idea of a transparent and above board ethics investigation is one explicitly being launched because Glenn Beck thinks Grover Norquist is a terrorist sympathizer and told his fans to threaten to cancel their memberships over it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I love that Wayne LaPierre's idea of a transparent and above board ethics investigation is one explicitly being launched because Glenn Beck thinks Grover Norquist is a terrorist sympathizer and told his fans to threaten to cancel their memberships over it.

This poo poo has been going on for years and was started by Frank Gaffney. People have boycotted cpac over it. Michelle Bachmann famously made a (bigger than usual) rear end of herself over it. It keeps coming back dumber than ever every couple years and every time it results in conservatives fighting each other or looking obviously stupid and getting blowback on a national stage

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
From what I remember it all stemmed from Grover marrying a muslim and not being sufficiently hate-filled, was there something more concrete they hung that one on or was it that followed by a bunch of weirdo made up bullshit?

Edit: Guess it was a bit more than that, on review

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Smoothrich posted:

I think the whole concept of separate but equal bathrooms begins to collapse with scrutiny.

If bathroom stalls weren't so vulnerable to peeping I think everyone would be way more comfortable and all bathrooms could be unisex. Lord knows I can live without some little kid trying to play peek-a-boo with me when I'm just trying to drop a deuce.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

It's easy to sympathize with transpeople on the bathroom thing: I had to use a women's room once and it kinda sucked. It was at a McDonald's in the middle of the Nevada desert and the men's room was out of order. I a friend stand outside and then had the fastest, most unpleasant poo poo of my life, half-assed washing my hands, and booked it out of there. The whole thing felt just so goddamn uncomfortable, like I was gonna get arrested for a sex crime any minute or something - like, the whole time there was just this intense feeling of being in the wrong place. And they've gotta be feeling that way pretty much every time they take a dump for the first year or whatever of their transition. Maybe they just eat a lot of cheese?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ummm I would not say something like that Steven

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Prize Winner posted:

It's easy to sympathize with transpeople on the bathroom thing: I had to use a women's room once and it kinda sucked. It was at a McDonald's in the middle of the Nevada desert and the men's room was out of order. I a friend stand outside and then had the fastest, most unpleasant poo poo of my life, half-assed washing my hands, and booked it out of there. The whole thing felt just so goddamn uncomfortable, like I was gonna get arrested for a sex crime any minute or something - like, the whole time there was just this intense feeling of being in the wrong place. And they've gotta be feeling that way pretty much every time they take a dump for the first year or whatever of their transition. Maybe they just eat a lot of cheese?

Or it's funny that some people have this deeply rooted (you could even say programmed) anxiety about using a different room, even when it is out of necessity and desperation

Enjoy your call or visit from the Secret Service, Steven. No wonder agents party hard, dealing with this for 8 + years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hahahahhahaaahahaha

Man, if that doesn't show just how far gone the NRA is, I don't know what will.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Calling Hillary fat while complaining about white women with rear end. The height of political commentary.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Even living in the south it's more or less always been ok for me to swap bathrooms if they're single occupant. Especially in bars. But yeah, big ones aren't really ok. I'd like unisex stalls where the walls and doors go all the way up and down though, and think those would be good enough for most people probably.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

this guy is a diarrhea person

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Oh god please look at me!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i use the women's room all the time, but most of the places i frequent only have single occupant bathrooms anyway. sometimes the rooms aren't even gendered. as far as i'm concerned if there's a line i'll wait for the appropriate bathroom, but if the men's room is occupied and nobody else is waiting i'll check and use the ladies. i've seen others do the same, both women and men. gendered bathrooms are kind of dumb

i hang out at a dive bar near a women's college and i think there's some tradition of some kind of the freshly minted student drinkers using the multi-occupant men's room to demonstrate their disregard for social norms or something

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 14, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I hope his cross-dressing stunt somehow results in him having to register as a sex offender, assuming he isn't already on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

gently caress, it doesn't even make sense as a base insult