Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Poil posted:

He might be too freaked out to know how to deal with it and so the only thing he can do is to just keep on playing.

Which one is recording?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

dogstile posted:

Eh, so long as I can make fun of them for not having the obviously superior English accent i'm all good. Best way to troll a UK person is to tell them the English are better than them.

Actually, the best way to piss us off is to call us english. Seriously, if there's anything that pisses off a Welsh/Irish/Scottish person it's being lumped in as an Englishman.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah the kid not freaking out at his parents cause a drone killed him is from Northern Ireland. Beautiful accent.

Uh no he's definitely welsh, his gamertag is captain wales. His friend his northern Irish.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Uh no he's definitely welsh, his gamertag is captain wales. His friend his northern Irish.

Oh sorry mixing the two up. I find it hard to look at them directly.

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!
edit; nm

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Which one is recording?

Neither, the recording is from the POV of the guy who was trolling them. He was recording their streams.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Neither, the recording is from the POV of the guy who was trolling them. He was recording their streams.

I just thought that both of them should probably turn off their stream.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

I just thought that both of them should probably turn off their stream.

But you see they'll be missing out on those sweet sweet views and donations that they could be getting if they kept streaming :downs:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Scyantific posted:

But you see they'll be missing out on those sweet sweet views and donations that they could be getting if they kept streaming :downs:

I think they just don't know how. Much like the ten year olds who play with the line tool in MS Paint and upload it to Deviant Art, this troubled youth does not understand how to operate in a manner where not everything is cataloged.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lady Naga posted:

I think they just don't know how. Much like the ten year olds who play with the line tool in MS Paint and upload it to Deviant Art, this troubled youth does not understand how to operate in a manner where not everything is cataloged.

We can only hope they eventually go into politics, and this is forgotten until a week before election day.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

We can only hope they eventually go into politics, and this is forgotten until a week before election day.

In the future this will be every politician. Every race will consists of candidates endlessly defending themselves against a series of 10-30 year old facebook posts, tweets, and stream/youtube clips dredged up from the past to shame them.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/03/report-mississippi-deputy-fired-over-threatening-xbox-live-players/

Troll baits sheriff's deputy into threats, racism and giving out his home address, badge number and name.

People are dumb.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chomp8645 posted:

In the future this will be every politician. Every race will consists of candidates endlessly defending themselves against a series of 10-30 year old facebook posts, tweets, and stream/youtube clips dredged up from the past to shame them.
http://www.colleensworld.com/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

I can't loving wait for this poo poo. It'll be like fox news became helldumping goons.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Chomp8645 posted:

:thejoke:

Though I suspect that's going to be such a problem in the future that there will either be "cleaners", everyone will have similar "follys of youth" so no one will care, or some over-saturated to numbness combination of both.

It's not like it would only be politicians. People routinely lose jobs to google searches of way more interesting, but unemployable people with the same name. Oh god, we're there, or close enough. Job hunting really sucks.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm so glad my real name is shared with a bunch of really successful people. There are already companies that do their best to get bad poo poo off of googles first page, the woman who got harassed for posting a picture of her pretending to shout in front of a sign asking for silenced had to use one.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

dogstile posted:

I'm so glad my real name is shared with a bunch of really successful people. There are already companies that do their best to get bad poo poo off of googles first page, the woman who got harassed for posting a picture of her pretending to shout in front of a sign asking for silenced had to use one.

I'm glad that my name's shared with some ridiculously huge number of people, to the point where I've met 3 other people with my name in my home town. A google search of my name would deafen anyone with just white noise.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
My last name is exceptionally rare in the US to the point I've never seen anyone not part of my family with it. I always worry about the google search thing, so I regularly google my own name to make sure nothing appears (and log in/clear out accounts on sites that do).

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Only one in Sweden with my name combo and carrying a rather rare last name in Sweden as well.

Mind you, I'm never anonymous anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I share my first and last name with a child molesting catholic priest. Job hunting will be fun!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gervasius posted:

I share my first and last name with a child molesting catholic priest. Job hunting will be fun!

"No, that's not me, I'm agnostic."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Thats the sort of bad that almost wraps around to being good just because it gives you something funny to talk about in the interview to break the ice and get the interviewer to remember you, which is frequently half the battle unless you're going for a highly skilled job

That said, my name is basically the most German name since the hall of mirrors meeting in Versailles and i do only go out for highly skilled jobs so anyone googling me is just going to give the gently caress up and talk to me instead. What im saying is consider the source

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i don't have this problem because i don't have a name just a 72 digit long personal identification number assigned to me by the authority on my birth

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Chomp8645 posted:

In the present, it's only some (attempted) politicians.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/04/01/vampire_larping_candidate_accuses_his_republican_opponent_of_being_too_liberal.html

Wikipedia posted:

Prior to announcing his candidacy, Rush deleted some photos and websites regarding his role-playing activities, and told the Gainesville Sun that "I had scrubbed as much as I could Google of myself, just because it's a little embarrassing, and I didn't want it to overshadow my campaign. I didn't want this to happen, basically."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

no true gamer would hide their gaming.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

My last name is exceptionally rare in the US to the point I've never seen anyone not part of my family with it. I always worry about the google search thing, so I regularly google my own name to make sure nothing appears (and log in/clear out accounts on sites that do).

Just make fictional real name buddies of yourself and give them a web presence and a home town across the country from you.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

VideoGames posted:

no true gamer would hide their gaming.

Maybe his game campaign was so good it would have made his political campaign look bad by comparison.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Control Volume posted:

okay i did it, here's a quote

i didn't actually read it but im guessing its an extremely bad post

e:

ok with my post in thread and subsequent probate.

id like to say good grief, my post was referring to the tryhard fanboys who think ffxiv is a godsend that can do no wrong that told me to gtfo when i explained in depth how some of the most rewarding mechanics were removed to make it more "wow" like.

i came here to vent at their trolling ( i hope) or unhealthy tryhard fanboy poo poo.

and got banned on account of my post here.

well done mod lol.

also when i was in college, i would spend many 12-48 hr long straight sleepless periods writing in the library. id take a cig break and grab a banana, then suspiciously sneak pink panther style infront of campus security vehicles and lay the banana peels in the road in front of them, then go hide behind a bush. my personal favorite irl grief

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
what

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

taels posted:

also when i was in college, i would spend many 12-48 hr long straight sleepless periods writing in the library. id take a cig break and grab a banana, then suspiciously sneak pink panther style infront of campus security vehicles and lay the banana peels in the road in front of them, then go hide behind a bush. my personal favorite irl grief

So you littered biodegradable trash onto a surface where rentacops may squish it and think it's gross. I used to do something similar; there were foot patrols of Maryland police that would gently caress with teenagers at our wannabe Atlantic City because honestly most teens there would be up to no good. So friends and I would spend five bucks on big packages of Boardwalk Fries and toss them around their parked cop cars so hordes of seagulls would swarm in and poo poo all over them. Looking back it was passive aggressive dumb poo poo but at the time we thought we were the ultimate pranksters because we were 16 and not very smart.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Wild T posted:

So friends and I would spend five bucks on big packages of Boardwalk Fries and toss them around their parked cop cars so hordes of seagulls would swarm in and poo poo all over them.
An animal cunning

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

taels posted:

id like to say good grief, my post was referring to the tryhard fanboys who think ffxiv is a godsend that can do no wrong that told me to gtfo when i explained in depth how some of the most rewarding mechanics were removed to make it more "wow" like.

i came here to vent at their trolling ( i hope) or unhealthy tryhard fanboy poo poo.

well done mod lol.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
No, he's used to this, see? He was just expecting them to spin in a circle like they usually do.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Wild T posted:

So you littered biodegradable trash onto a surface where rentacops may squish it and think it's gross. I used to do something similar; there were foot patrols of Maryland police that would gently caress with teenagers at our wannabe Atlantic City because honestly most teens there would be up to no good. So friends and I would spend five bucks on big packages of Boardwalk Fries and toss them around their parked cop cars so hordes of seagulls would swarm in and poo poo all over them. Looking back it was passive aggressive dumb poo poo but at the time we thought we were the ultimate pranksters because we were 16 and not very smart.

Nah, you used birds to defeat the Nazis. Very Indiana Jones.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wild T posted:

Gotta love that teenage mindset. "Those guys are always loving with us for being up to no good. Let's get up to more good." :downs:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

taels posted:

well done mod lol.

well done mod lol thread and got banned on account of my post was referring that told me to gtfo when i explained in depth how some of the mod lol of the tryhard fanboys who think ffxiv is a godsend that can do no wrong that their trolling ( i hope) or unhealthy tryhard fanboys who think ffxiv is a godsend that can do no wrong that can do no wrong that told me to make it more "wow" like.

and subsequent probate.

id like to say good grief, my post here.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
kill this thread

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

hampton posted:

DeadMansHandA8 asks a relevant question - why is it becoming more common for friends to masturbate together in Counter Strike?? Is "this kind of behavior" here to stay? Will Valve ever take action against those who jerk-off while playing?? Will Overwatch catch them??

It's funny to see people complain about about the community going down hill considering Counter-Strike has been especially notable for it's terrible player base for more than 15 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

TheObserver posted:

kill this thread

No, it must live.

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's funny to see people complain about about the community going down hill considering Counter-Strike has been especially notable for it's terrible player base for more than 15 years now.

I gave up playing when I started to follow random players after being killed. They'd run around facing walls, not looking where they were going. All the while keeping an eye on opposing players through walls across the map. So much cheating.

• Locked thread