Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: January judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: LaikatheSpaceDog

Amazing job all around. Smooth painting, great work on all of the free hand, the painting, the base, all of it. Great highlighting on the picture frame. Great sculpting/conversion work once again, it all came together perfectly.

Second Place, 2 Points: Slimnoid

Great work once again. Love the bases on the two dreadnaughts. Great use of space, everything is framed so perfectly, adds a really cool sense of depth and completeness to each piece. Love all the freehand text on each of the pieces, especially the book on the librarian. The text is clean, the pages dirtied up and aged.

First Place, 3 Points: Schmetterling

Love the execution on this. Great color choices. Great paint job on the singer, with all the little details on her dress. The starscape/nebula you have going on on the base and background is superb. Great technique, everything is blocked out perfectly, how the colors flow. The green tones especially pull the piece together.

Jurnal, 1 Point: LaikatheSpaceDog

Amazing work on both the painting and the spilled wine. The freehand is what makes the conversion work, if it hadn't been executed as well, everything would have looked a little flatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath the Swordfish and Heldenhammer from GW's Dreadfleet for the month of March

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Wooo! We're nearly all caught up! Get ready for the February photo album, coming this week!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath the Swordfish and Heldenhammer from GW's Dreadfleet for the month of March

Oath Accepted!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath one Skorza Alpha and three Skirmishers from CMoN's Wrath of Kings
All 28mm scale, although each is at least 6cm tall.

[

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition:

Anathematic, from Corvus belli in 28mm

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath one Skorza Alpha and three Skirmishers from CMoN's Wrath of Kings
All 28mm scale, although each is at least 6cm tall.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition:
Anathematic, from Corvus belli in 28mm

Oaths Accepted!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
I went light this month since I failed last month (and haven't even done the art for this one yet :shepicide:) but I'm glad I could get this guy finished. Jurnal is the array of bullet holes strewn about the bricks at his feet.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath one Ravager Whitemane, one Argus Moonhound, and Krueger... I think it's 1, but whichever one is in the picture, all from Privateer Press.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen (Baccus Miniatures) and 3 28mm Gretchen (Games Workshop)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath for March 1 Guild Guard, 1 Desperate Mercenary and Nino Ortega(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm) and an old Mage Knight figure that I'm going to practice battle damage/test a paint scheme on.

Hope it's okay, the guard and Nino were primed but then got special bases, the merc is bare plastic and the mage knight robot is primed grey.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath one Xiuhcoatl and one Sidney Rose on Giant Flea (Mantic Games, 28mm).

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing 5 converted Necron Deathmarks.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition:

Reaper Swordguy in 28mm, and converted 6mm Games Workshop: 6 Land Raiders and 4 Rhinos

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath one Ravager Whitemane, one Argus Moonhound, and Krueger... I think it's 1, but whichever one is in the picture, all from Privateer Press.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen (Baccus Miniatures) and 3 28mm Gretchen (Games Workshop)

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath for March 1 Guild Guard, 1 Desperate Mercenary and Nino Ortega(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm) and an old Mage Knight figure that I'm going to practice battle damage/test a paint scheme on.
Hope it's okay, the guard and Nino were primed but then got special bases, the merc is bare plastic and the mage knight robot is primed grey.

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath one Xiuhcoatl and one Sidney Rose on Giant Flea (Mantic Games, 28mm).

Signal posted:

Oath Addition:
Reaper Swordguy in 28mm, and converted 6mm Games Workshop: 6 Land Raiders and 4 Rhinos

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 10, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Germ posted:

:gifttank: JANUARY JUDGEMENT :gifttank:

3rd Place (1 point): Schmetterling
How glorious is that? I love the Jackson Pollock-style spacescape backdrop, with the wires adding a bit of dimension. The liberal use of green in the backdrop really makes those couple of gems on the model pop. The 5th Element reference is charming, and the fact that it makes use of electricity is a cherry on top. It’s a fun, well-executed diorama.

Monoliths posted:

:gifttank:THE JUDGEMENT OF JANUARY:gifttank:

2 Points - Schmetterling
A stunning and weird display! The nebula effects are wonderful, I like how they are continued onto the gown of the performer. The palette is nice and controlled, letting the silver jump out and shine (hah). Your addition of LEDs in the orchestra pit is unexpected, and delights completely.

Bachtere posted:

:ducksiren: January judgment! :ducksiren:

First Place, 3 Points: Schmetterling

Love the execution on this. Great color choices. Great paint job on the singer, with all the little details on her dress. The starscape/nebula you have going on on the base and background is superb. Great technique, everything is blocked out perfectly, how the colors flow. The green tones especially pull the piece together.

:yayclod: Thank you all so much! I'm really pleased that you liked it. :3:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

You missed mine, but I'm still just going to start painting them anyway.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Your oath got hideously fused with mine in krushgroove's post, but it's definitely there, so you're probably good.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

You missed mine, but I'm still just going to start painting them anyway.
Yeah sometimes the multiquote mixes things in, sorry about that! You were accepted anyway :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Addition

Managed to get the objective markers done fairly quickly so I'm adding a Reaper Bones Fighter and Paladin (still need a dunking to straighten swords).

Monoliths posted:

Bonus Jurnal Point - Zark the Damned

Yeah, that freehand evil sun is the total business. Absolutely takes me back to when I first started picking up White Dwarf in the 90's. Also you used my favorite head for the Morkanaut (Gorkanaut?), by the way. I'd be drat happy to see that rampage some of SRM's dudes someday. Actually, you have that assignment now.

Cheers! I freely admit the oldskool Klan stuff from old WDs has been an inspiration for my Orks, especially this guy (it's also why my Grotsnik is a Goff, I have the WD where he was invented alongside Ghaz).

I wish I could play SRM but there's a significant body of water in the way :(

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I oath three Imperial Guard and and two-man Mortar Team, mixture of GW, Forge World and Victoria Miniatures parts

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

Oath Addition

Managed to get the objective markers done fairly quickly so I'm adding a Reaper Bones Fighter and Paladin (still need a dunking to straighten swords).

Galaspar posted:

For March I oath three Imperial Guard and and two-man Mortar Team, mixture of GW, Forge World and Victoria Miniatures parts

Oaths Accepted!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I mostly play boardgames so I don't really have anything that I'd normally call a marker to paint up for the "I rolled a 6!" achievement, but I have these three guys from Blue Moon Legends:

They are obviously miniatures, but their only function is to be passed back and forth between the players to show who has the favor of each dragon. Could I use them for the achievement?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

I mostly play boardgames so I don't really have anything that I'd normally call a marker to paint up for the "I rolled a 6!" achievement, but I have these three guys from Blue Moon Legends:

They are obviously miniatures, but their only function is to be passed back and forth between the players to show who has the favor of each dragon. Could I use them for the achievement?

The brief for "I rolled a 6!" is 'Create or paint markers, template, dice or some other gaming aid.' so yeah I'd say these are perfectly suited!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I, Bavius, oath these two 28mm GW Icarus Lascannons

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Bavius posted:

Goddamn Australians.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Bavius posted:

If I knew the code to make text upside down, I'd accept your Oath...

...but as it is I'll just say Oath Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Early for me this month, but Oath Completed. Had trouble with lighting and levels were all over the place, so apologies for the worse than normal pics.

Objective markers. Claiming I Rolled a 6! for them. Bright green numbers to stand out on the battlefield!

Fighter type guy. Jurnal is his scarred face, chipped sword and battered shield (which I couldn't seem to get a good shot of)

Paladin. Also has a duelling scar, crazy psycho eyes and emo black lipstick. (mainly because the cast basically had no mouth and I overexaggerated it...)

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I, The Supreme Court, oath five Tempestus Scions by GW (28mm) for March.

These guys were an excuse to try out greenstuffing. They ended up with a pirate hat, a mohawk and ruffles :yarr:

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 15, 2015

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I'm an oath thread virgin, so I'll start small:

I, Giant Ethicist, oath one Triton Dropship and two stands of Immortals by Hawk Wargames (10mm) for March.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

From Corvus Belli/28mm, Two Rasail and their two Chaksa Peripherals.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath for the month of March, 2015 three Space Marines on bikes, from GW, 28mm.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
An early Oath complete! post from me.

Looks like I finally figured out how to snap a well lit photo. Now I just have to work on getting a proper focus.

This guy has a torn loincloth for this month's Journal.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Supreme Court posted:

I, The Supreme Court, oath five Tempestus Scions by GW (28mm) for March.

Giant Ethicist posted:

I'm an oath thread virgin, so I'll start small:

I, Giant Ethicist, oath one Triton Dropship and two stands of Immortals by Hawk Wargames (10mm) for March.
Hey, welcome!

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

From Corvus Belli/28mm, Two Rasail and their two Chaksa Peripherals.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of March, 2015 three Space Marines on bikes, from GW, 28mm.

Oaths Accepted!

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
I, Bad Decision Dino, oath that I will paint 5 Dire Avenger Aspect Warriors, 1 Dire Avenger Exarch, 1 Eldar Farseer and 4 Eldar Objective markers (made from bits from the Dire Avenger sprue and the Citadel basing kit).

Painting the 5 Dire Avengers will complete my Eldar Kill Team! :getin:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! The Throne of Everblight
Privateer Press

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath for the month of March:

10 Gnoblars and 1 Chaos Spawn by Citadel in 28mm scale.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Red Shoe posted:

Privateer Press

Oh man, I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath addition! Raek from Privateer Press, Hordes line, Legion of Everblight (top left). Also materials for building a "rock" wall template for Warmachine/hordes!

Karnegal posted:

Oh man, I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Seconded. I always love seeing Red Shoe's work on WMH models :allears:

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I thought I had posted this on Thursday, but I am apparently an idiot and did not.

I, Forkbanger, oath 5 Mindless Undead and Captain Dashiell for the month of March!

Dashiell is a 32mm Malifaux miniature form Wyrd, the Mindless Undead are kitbashed Mantic/GW zombies on chamfour bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Bad Decision Dino posted:

I, Bad Decision Dino, oath that I will paint 5 Dire Avenger Aspect Warriors, 1 Dire Avenger Exarch, 1 Eldar Farseer and 4 Eldar Objective markers (made from bits from the Dire Avenger sprue and the Citadel basing kit).

Red Shoe posted:

Privateer Press

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick, do oath for the month of March:

10 Gnoblars and 1 Chaos Spawn by Citadel in 28mm scale.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath addition! Raek from Privateer Press, Hordes line, Legion of Everblight (top left). Also materials for building a "rock" wall template for Warmachine/hordes!

ForkBanger posted:

I thought I had posted this on Thursday, but I am apparently an idiot and did not.

I, Forkbanger, oath 5 Mindless Undead and Captain Dashiell for the month of March!
You need to make sure that we can see 'American Samoa' on the screen for your Oaths. At the VERY least, Pago Pago, because that's a city there. As it is, I can at least see that the white rectangle on the map on the screen is in the same area as the white rectangle on the map on the screen in other people's Oath pictures, so I'm going to let you go on this one! But please make sure that 'American Samoa' is clearly visible on the screen next time (as well as the date, time, etc.).

Oaths...Accepted!

• Locked thread