Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Tulane got some new alts w/matte black helmets:

Wish I had better pictures.

Looks good. Thanks for posting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Tulane got some new alts w/matte black helmets:

Wish I had better pictures.

They look cool but it's not really "Tulane" colors at all. Looks more like the high school my alma mater got folded into after Katrina.

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/west_bank_high_school_football.html

Emron posted:

Looks white and gold to me.

:thurman:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
UW quarterback Cyler Miles is taking a voluntary leave from Football and won't participate in spring ball: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-quarterback-cyler-miles-takes-voluntary-leave-from-football/

So uh, let the Jake Browning era begin??

edit: Cyler isn't planning on playing in 2015, whoa.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 13, 2015

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

UW quarterback Cyler Miles is taking a voluntary leave from Football and won't participate in spring ball: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-quarterback-cyler-miles-takes-voluntary-leave-from-football/

So uh, let the Jake Browning era begin??

edit: Cyler isn't planning on playing in 2015, whoa.

Oh my god we are gonna be so terrible next season. Wazzu might actually have a chance in the Apple Cup :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Oh my god we are gonna be so terrible next season. Wazzu might actually have a chance in the Apple Cup :v:

Cyler Miles was pretty bad, man

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

seiferguy posted:

Miles has literally the worst throwing motion I've ever seen in a college QB. Granted the next guy up is either the guy who couldn't beat out Miles, a redshirt freshman from a wing T school, or a true freshman so...

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
hail satan

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Zifnab posted:

Miles has literally the worst throwing motion I've ever seen in a college QB. Granted the next guy up is either the guy who couldn't beat out Miles, a redshirt freshman from a wing T school, or a true freshman so...

Ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQCwBmLRE4

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I always read that guy's name as Miley Cyrus and it sounds like she plays football about as well

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Zifnab posted:

That freshman you have coming in is like a top 5 QB prospect so you'll probably be fine.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

VDay posted:

That freshman you have coming in is like a top 5 QB prospect so you'll probably be fine.

I kind of want Jake Browning to redshirt to get him more experience. Jeff Lindquist was 2nd on the QB depth chart and has a stronger arm than Miles, so I'm thinking he'll get the start but this pretty much means a QB competition.

While we have one of the top 5 QBs, of course USC, UCLA and ASU grab top 5 ones as well...

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

They look cool but it's not really "Tulane" colors at all. Looks more like the high school my alma mater got folded into after Katrina.

The gently caress? You from all the way down there? Worked out of Venice for almost 12 years. :hfive:

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Ahem

http://gfycat.com/WelltodoHotCrane

VDay posted:

Cyler Miles was an elite 11 QB :v:

Zifnab fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 14, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Elite 11 stopped meaning something a long time ago anyway. You're lucky if 3-4 of those kids work out at all these days.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Elite 11 stopped meaning something a long time ago anyway. You're lucky if 3-4 of those kids work out at all these days.
Never gets old:

Freeman, Tebow, Devlin, Caudle, Snead, Stafford

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Never gets old:

That's a pretty good group of college QBs.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Josh Rosen earned unanimous praise and was being called one of the top kids there by basically everyone at last year's elite 11, but ended up being ranked 11th because Trent Dilfer is the dude in charge and thought he wasn't being receptive to his sage wisdom :jerkbag:

Basically the Elite 11 is just another dumb part of the recruiting circus at this point.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

NippleFloss posted:

That's a pretty good group of college QBs.
Plus one dude who could never beat out Brandon Cox, the bad version of Chris Todd or Kodi Burns.

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Never gets old:

Snead was just OK at Texas, but then he transferred and gave the nation this masterpiece: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282710057

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The entire time I was reading Meat Market, I was under the impression Jevan Snead was black.

Later, I thought Ryan Perrilloux was a white Cajun boy.

I also thought that Coach O was a Homo sapien, when it turned out he's just animate Red Bull.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

mulls posted:

Snead was just OK at Texas, but then he transferred and gave the nation this masterpiece: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282710057

lmao at those stats

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Never gets old:

Takes me back to the days when Jevan Snead was supposed to be a Heisman contender and Neil Caudle was coming around any day now and would be a starter for Auburn! Just you wait!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I will always laugh at a Jevan Snead mention because of Todd McShay's love affair with him

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

mulls posted:

Is that the one where Tebow cried like a little bitch in his presser afterwards?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is that the one where Tebow cried like a little bitch in his presser afterwards?

They made a plaque to commemorate the occasion.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It was funny at the time, instantly became less so when they won the title that year. Heralded QB rallies team after loss en route to national title is a story every team in the country would love to be able to tell.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

It was funny at the time, instantly became less so when they won the title that year. Heralded QB rallies team after loss en route to national title is a story every team in the country would love to be able to tell.

They beat every team after that game by at least ten points, and that included 5 ranked teams. Moral of the story is don't anger Tim Tebow.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Emron posted:

They made a plaque to commemorate the occasion.

You will never see a speech spoofed as hard as we will spoof this speech and you will never see someone tirelessly pursue this meme as tirelessly as I will pursue this meme and you will never see a plaque more roundly mocked than this plaque will be mocked.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

korrandark posted:

They beat every team after that game by at least ten points, and that included 5 ranked teams. Moral of the story is don't anger Tim Tebow.

Up until the SECCG they beat the piss out of the rest of their SEC schedule and that included top 10 UGA and top 5 LSU, think they beat LSU by 40 and UGA almost as bad. Ole Miss was just a fluke but it probably ensured them winning it all as opposed to them maybe letting someone sneak up on them later in the season.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Crotch Bat posted:

Up until the SECCG they beat the piss out of the rest of their SEC schedule and that included top 10 UGA and top 5 LSU, think they beat LSU by 40 and UGA almost as bad. Ole Miss was just a fluke but it probably ensured them winning it all as opposed to them maybe letting someone sneak up on them later in the season.

Lol this happens every time Ole Miss beats a top team apparently. Maybe losing to them early is the one weird trick to winning the SEC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

Pretty much. That team was a buzzsaw.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The gently caress? You from all the way down there? Worked out of Venice for almost 12 years. :hfive:

Yep, born and raised there for 20 years. Cool place to grow up.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

And yet, it's still funny.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Toughest schedules according to Phil Steele

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 14, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

LOL at UTSA having a harder schedule than Texas

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
How the hell can you rank the strength of schedules this early?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
loving lol @ Marshall

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

loving thank god wazzu's schedule is easier this year. except it isn't

still play oregon, asu, arizona, stanford, ucla. we lose usc and utah from last year and pick up colorado and ucla so that's basically a wash in terms of wins (but we're more likely to beat the buffs than we were the utes). assuming we don't completelt poo poo the bed and can beat rutgers this year it'll be something like this:

W Sept. 5 - Portland State
W Sept. 12 - at Rutgers
W Sept. 19 - Wyoming
Sept. 26 - BYE
? Oct. 3 - at California
L Oct. 10 - at Oregon
? Oct. 17 - Oregon State (Homecoming)
L Oct. 24 - at Arizona
L Oct. 31 - Stanford
L Nov. 7 - Arizona State (Dad's Weekend)
L Nov. 14 - at UCLA
W Nov. 21 - Colorado
? Nov. 27 (Friday) - at Washington

which means we'll have to we 2 out of those 3 tossup games to be bowl eligible. loving lol nope :cripes:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

of course maybe gay weedlord bonerhitler satan, prophet of xort, graces the palouse with his presence and takes residence in the body of luke falk and the mind of mike leach and the seventh seal is torn and wazzu skullfucks the pac-12 and there is wailing and gnashing of teeth from the forests of bellingham to the tanning salons of tempe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

korrandark posted:

How the hell can you rank the strength of schedules this early?

I don't think anyone puts any serious stock into SOS previews like that, but it still gives a nice idea of whose schedule is supposed to be tough and who might have an easier year. Or, in other words, it's something that people desperate for literally anything to do with football can cling onto until actual football starts.

UCLA's schedule is actually tougher than it looks. Virginia, UNLV, and BYU isn't the toughest start (although I think Virginia and BYU are supposed to be decent this year? maybe?), but we open up Pac-12 play by going to Arizona, then playing ASU the week after, then going to Stanford after a BYE. That's a drat tough opening for a freshman QB, especially if some injuries or unpredicted problems pop up in the first 3 games. I'll be ecstatic if we're 4-2 or better going into the game against Cal, and that would give us a good shot at having another 9-10 win season.

• Locked thread