Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you don't buy the Phoenix Wright games while they're on sale you're an rear end in a top hat. $16 for Dual Destinies is definitely great if you haven't got around to it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If I opt to skip the collection of items before the Sunken Cave in Risky's Revenge, can I come back after and get them? I admittedly don't know why I'd get them aside from collection purposes.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I bought Ace Attorney Trilogy even though I already own DS copies of all the games. Haha, what is wrong with me.

Now if only Capcom would do a follow-up with Apollo Justice, Investigations, and a newly translated Investigations 2 :pray:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dreyvas posted:

Ugh, yet another reason to despise Nintendo for not releasing the non-XL model stateside.

I want to hold this in my hands

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I would buy the trilogy if I could use the pixel art, because I am literally insane.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

After not having a system since the original DS, is Bravely Default the best JRPG for the 3DS? Should I just wait for Xenosaga for I've never played it on the Wii?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

GreenNight posted:

After not having a system since the original DS, is Bravely Default the best JRPG for the 3DS? Should I just wait for Xenosaga for I've never played it on the Wii?

Xenosaga is a different game, you mean Xenoblade.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Bravely Defualt, SMT4, and Pokemon are all good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

Are you using a bad emulator? I'm using CATSFC and I haven't run into many problems. Granted, I'm only playing All-Stars, Dream Course, Earthbound, and Link to the Past.

Catsfc. Super Mario world is really hard to time jumps on when it's skipping and dropping frames.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

precision posted:

If you don't buy the Phoenix Wright games while they're on sale you're an rear end in a top hat. $16 for Dual Destinies is definitely great if you haven't got around to it yet.

Are any of the others on sale other than the Trilogy and Dual Destinies?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Fuzz posted:

Are any of the others on sale other than the Trilogy and Dual Destinies?

Trilogy and Dual Destinies are the only ones on the 3DS, aside from the Professor Layton crossover which is not on sale. If you want Apollo Justice or Ace Attorney Investigations you have to buy the DS carts.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Azure Strike Gunvolt seems pretty good as a platformer juding by the demo. Nothing amazing, but competent.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Bravely Defualt, SMT4, and Pokemon are all good.

Meh, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hint: SMT 4 is the good one

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

littleorv posted:

Meh, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hint: SMT 4 is the good one

Pokemon is good™

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I went on a Sega 3D Classics buying binge because of Outrun and they are all great, but now a terrible hole has opened in my heart that can only be filled by Phantasy Star IV 3D.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nuru posted:

Azure Strike Gunvolt seems pretty good as a platformer juding by the demo. Nothing amazing, but competent.

It is extremely mediocre

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm assuming that you get new weapons and abilities. If you don't, then I agree with you.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

GreenNight posted:

Xenoblade is so much better than the current JRPGs that it's definately worth waiting 2 weeks.

Fire Emblem Awakening is probably a close contender to Xenoblade, though. It's a grid-based strategy JRPG, where the strategy involved is minimal, and the RPG elements being so Japanese it's off the charts.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good to know the new FE is as good as the old ones. I've played a bunch of them. GCN one is my favorite.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

It's a very different kind of game but Fantasy Life will consume your soul and is an amazingly charming and deep action-RPG where you can either become the God King of Sewing and never use a combat class or you can spend 120+ hours maxing out every class and doing every quest like I did :shepicide:

And I loved every minute of it.

Bravely Default is frustrating and divisive because some things about the game are insanely well done and well made and then other things about the game are completely baffling and bad (all you do is fight monsters, like in the first Final Fantasy, and watch/listen to cut scenes that can be REALLY LONG. There aren't any side activities per se and the dungeons are really simple and for the most part short and bland.

The art direction is great and it looks pretty. So there's that.

It's just a shame because the game started out as a sequel to the DS game Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, which is the better game in almost every way.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The best jrpg on the 3DS right now is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Looper posted:

The best jrpg on the 3DS right now is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

The only game I have ever grinded my characters up to max level in. Loved every minute of it. Still haven't played all the songs yet.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I didn't know dual destinies existed and had just enough to buy it on sale on my account thanks for the heads up. I also got a copy of RE Revelations on ebay for cheap, I need to start finishing some of the games that I own.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

they need to do this for the actual 3DS so that full resolution SNES games can be played

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Grass Effect posted:

they need to do this for the actual 3DS so that full resolution SNES games can be played

Cubic Ninja exploit, but it's kind of a pain, doesn't work past 9.2 and there's no sound on the New3DS yet.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

drat, that sucks. Would you mind reporting back what they tell you? I will probably have to do the same song and dance. PM me so it doesn't clog up the thread or maybe what you post might help someone else.

Guy on the phone says the website was not updated, they have received my system, are looking at it, and have not yet decided what to do with it. This suuuuuucks but I'll just keep waiting.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If you want to play SNES roms so bad I'm pretty sure you can get a PSP for drat cheap, probably chapter than a flash cart.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Finally got around to buying a new 3ds. Bought majoras mask and monster hunter 4, have only played zelda so far - never played it before! It's jolly good. I'm a 31 year old male and I've been playing it on a busy tube train at times, haven't been attacked so far.

I just bought Altered Beast, Shinobi 3, Galaxy Force, Ecco the Dolphin and Streets of rage in the Sega 3d Classics sale. Also bought Sonic the Hedgehog 3d. All for less than 15 pounds! Bargain.

I was going to buy Super Hang on and Space harrier but read some bad reviews.

The 3d in Majoras mask gives me quite a bit of ghosting, I usually turn it off or on the minimum setting. Haven't found a comfortable position that gives me a good image thus far. Is there a goon certified position for best 3D performance, or is Majoras mask just not the greatest for it? Or are my eyes hosed?

I also don't have a screen protector yet, living on the edge.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

Finally got around to buying a new 3ds. Bought majoras mask and monster hunter 4, have only played zelda so far - never played it before! It's jolly good. I'm a 31 year old male and I've been playing it on a busy tube train at times, haven't been attacked so far.

I just bought Altered Beast, Shinobi 3, Galaxy Force, Ecco the Dolphin and Streets of rage in the Sega 3d Classics sale. Also bought Sonic the Hedgehog 3d. All for less than 15 pounds! Bargain.

The 3d in Majoras mask gives me quite a bit of ghosting, I usually turn it off or on the minimum setting. Haven't found a comfortable position that gives me a good image thus far. Is there a goon certified position for best 3D performance, or is Majoras mask just not the greatest for it? Or are my eyes hosed?

Any bright image next to black will cause ghosting on launch and new 3ds

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

greatn posted:

If you want to play SNES roms so bad I'm pretty sure you can get a PSP for drat cheap, probably chapter than a flash cart.

SNES emulation kind of sucks on a PSP, not really worth it in my opinion.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every time I look at the moon in MM3D there's ghosting.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My Monado decal from Decalgirl just arrived a little bit ago! Specifically, this one, which was posted in this thread awhile back. The screen protector got in a couple days ago and I picked up a red system just yesterday. And just now, I finished transforming it into Something Awesome.

Shot with the box, just because.

Bottom

Back (Any blurriness is due to my lovely camera skills, not the skin)

Inside. I may have to change my theme now. I was using the Animal Crossing XL (aka the Poptart).

EDIT: Forgot to include one with my friend!

I think you know how he feels about it.

All in all, the skin looks gorgeous! It's so shiny and crisp. And it wasn't that much of a pain in the rear end to put on. Absolutely flawless. Decalgirl: it does what Nintendon't.

I was already using a MicroSD card, so System Transfer was totally painless. And I didn't even have to practice screwing!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have Ace Attorney games to continue binging on.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 14, 2015

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Crafty posted:

Space Harrier is good, hectic fun. It was the first game I got in the sale, and the only other one I ended up getting was Shinobi III. Space Harrier would have been a much better use of your money than Altered Beast, which is a bad game.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Liquid Penguins posted:

Any bright image next to black will cause ghosting on launch and new 3ds

fleshweasel posted:

Every time I look at the moon in MM3D there's ghosting.

I notice it on my little circling fairy too. No way around this then, other than turning the 3d right off? Kinda bothers me.

The menus look nice in 3d. Also really enjoyed the free AR game where you shoot your own face with tennis balls. The 3D in that is pretty impressive.

edit: ^I never thought to check whether altered beast was actually good. I just remembered turning into a werewolf in it when I was a kid and assumed that would be enough. Looks like I bought a stinker. Will buy Space harrier then!

Crafty fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 14, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Silver Falcon posted:

My Monado decal from Decalgirl just arrived a little bit ago! Specifically, this one, which was posted in this thread awhile back. The screen protector got in a couple days ago and I picked up a red system just yesterday. And just now, I finished transforming it into Something Awesome.

Shot with the box, just because.

Bottom

Back (Any blurriness is due to my lovely camera skills, not the skin)

Inside. I may have to change my theme now. I was using the Animal Crossing XL (aka the Poptart).

All in all, the skin looks gorgeous! It's so shiny and crisp. And it wasn't that much of a pain in the rear end to put on. Absolutely flawless. Decalgirl: it does what Nintendon't.

I was already using a MicroSD card, so System Transfer was totally painless. And I didn't even have to practice screwing!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have Ace Attorney games to continue binging on.

This looks fantastic, my friend was really pissed when he saw the original one but I think he'll be pleased with this.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Crafty posted:

The ghosting effect tends to go away if you hold it at least 14" from your face. Kinda uncomfortable to me, but what can you do!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RichterIX posted:

I went on a Sega 3D Classics buying binge because of Outrun and they are all great, but now a terrible hole has opened in my heart that can only be filled by Phantasy Star IV 3D.

Aren't the 3D Classics supposed to go on sale soon or something? I thought I remembered reading someone saying something about that in this thread or the eShop thread. I want to buy Ecco and Sonic but I was holding out for the (rumored?) sale.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

^ Europe has a 50% off on the 3D Sega Classics (except for Sonic) right now, no word on them going on sale in the US too.

Crafty posted:

edit: ^I never thought to check whether altered beast was actually good. I just remembered turning into a werewolf in it when I was a kid and assumed that would be enough. Looks like I bought a stinker. Will buy Space harrier then!
Altered Beast is a fondly remembered game. It has the classic "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE" at the start, and it was the game that (at least in Europe) came with the Mega Drive, which probably did a lot for the nostalgia over it. And you played buff muscular dudes that got to turn into wolves, dragons, bears and tigers. It's camp as all hell.

But it's not a GOOD game. In reality, it wasn't a good game even back then. But I think it's one of those games that is remembered for being more than it actually was, and the Mega Drive not having anywhere near the library that the SNES did combined with Altered Beast coming with the console likely plays into that a lot.

But, yeah, at 50% off it's not a great loss. The 3D looked good in the screenshots. (the 3D in Space Harrier 3D is great, also.)

Speaking of which, the 3D screenshots of Galaxy Force II fucks with my eyes something fierce and I don't know why. It's like I'm looking at a magic eye picture. Maybe related to how I can see those things immediately and the poo poo in the background of the GFII shots? It's the only 3D on the 3DS that has done this to me. It's weird.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 14, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I think the love for altered beast is mostly nostalgia driven, as opposed to the sonics, streets of rage, etc, which really were best in class games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I tried to find an interview to check if it would be worth grabbing the Sonic one even though it's not sale and the guys at M2 are just insane. Oh, the 3DS can't do proper 2D graphics leaving most work on the CPU and emulating the Mega Drive doesn't allow for more VRAM? Well, we'll just loving create a buffed up Mega Drive spec, emulate it, and make the whole thing so input lag free you'd think you are playing on customized hardware that existed on an alternative reality where the jump to 3D consoles didn't happen.