Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I tried quitting and continuing and it put me back at the same door, so didn't bother trying anymore. I restarted and got triple shot mom's knife with fear and damage ups just stood on ???'s head until he exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Dr. Fetus posted:

I did not know that Sad Bombs synergized with Bob's Brain. :stare: I need to stop passing up/rerolling that item so often. At least Sad Bombs is a great item.

Yep! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1wp-1RtBY

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Echoing the sentiment of 'when the game wants you to win, it -really- wants you to win.'

I just had a Cain run where I got triple shot, Polyphemus, rubber cement, and enough damage and tears bonuses that I was just a machine gun of rubber death bullets killing almost all bosses in less than a second or two.

Then boss rush gives me infestation shot 2, and to top it off I got guppy on the first womb floor.

Coincidentally, this was also the first run I managed to kill Mega Satan :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Did the Pinking Shears get buffed in Rebirth? Because that thing is a monster. :stare:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Did the Plinking Shears get buffed in Rebirth? Because that thing is a monster. :stare:

Nope they were always pretty amazing.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I love Sad Bombs.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Scissors are the worst item because at first glance you might think its plinking shears.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
One lucky reroll in an angel room (after killing the statue) netted me The Soul and Godhead simultaneously. Now all I lack is Sacred Heart for RPG. It's going to drive me crazy I bet.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Atomicated posted:

Scissors are the worst item because at first glance you might think its plinking shears.

At least they're Space items and you can just swap it back/never use it, and not poo poo like Cursed Eye or Bob's Brain.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

That was a fun run. I'm sure you can get even more ridiculous damage with the D6. Too bad Undefined didn't loop me through the Chest.

quote:

Seed: M9QG MG8B
Cain
Lucky Foot, Mutant Spider, Blood Clot, Abel, Starter Deck, Mom's Lipstick, Ceremonial Robes, Lord of the Pit, Pandora's Box, Proptosis, Mini Mush, Safety Pin, Magic Mushroom, Shoop da Whoop!, Robo-Baby, Humbleing Bundle, Death's Touch, MEAT!, A Lump of Coal, Bob's Rotten Head, Harlequin Baby, Book of Secrets, Little Gish, Infamy, Mom's Purse, Dry Baby, The Polaroid, The Mulligan, Undefined, Cricket's Head, Judas' Shadow, Guppy's Tail, Growth Hormones, The Pact, Dead Cat, Scapular, Chocolate Milk, Roid Rage, BBF, Virgo, Bob's Curse, Deck of Cards, Undefined, <3, Anti-Gravity, Demon Baby, The Common Cold, Mr. Mega, Book of Revelations, Undefined, Dead Onion, Speed Ball

E: also it's a shame 20/20 does jack poo poo when you have quad shot. I hope they implement such synergies in the DLC.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

kemikalkadet posted:

Nope they were always pretty amazing.

DID YOU JUST ADD AN "L" TO PINKING OH poo poo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

NickPancakes posted:

It'd be cool if Laz started with a Suicide King.

This is a really good suggestion and would make me play Lazarus for something other than filling out his card on the select screen, which I haven't done yet.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

I keep mistaking Missing Page 2 for the Pact and wasting my hearts on a useless item.

I know the Pact has blood dripping off the corner, but I keep forgetting that while playing.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I used to get Missing Page 2 and Contract from Below mixed up, personally. The Pact was a carryover from the original so I never had any trouble with it.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

I can recognize the Contract From Below because it has "ISAAC" written on it. And I want to blame the Contract From Below for mixing up the other two, because I'm a blame-shifting coward but also because I forget Missing Page 2 even exists. So when I see Satan offering a scrap of paper that doesn't have "ISAAC" written on it, I think "Well, it's not the Contract From Below, so it must be the Pact! Oh, poo poo..."

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

After two or three times of picking up Missing Page 2 thinking it's Contract From Below I have learned to recognise it when it pops up.

Also I hate myself and started playing with The Lost. After about 100 runs (which included a pretty decent dead cat+infestation 2+cat mode run where I managed to get through It Lives and died in Sheol to a Cage encounter) I found the stopwatch in basement 2, firerate odd mushroom and then brimstone in a devil deal I managed to get through the boss rush, found the dead cat in the womb I devil deal and killed Isaac and ???. I have to say, it's not as bad as I expected it to be, quickly going through various basements and cellars is pretty cool and I like having near-guaranteed devil deals after the first floor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Codiekitty posted:

I keep mistaking Missing Page 2 for the Pact and wasting my hearts on a useless item.

I know the Pact has blood dripping off the corner, but I keep forgetting that while playing.

The Pact is also a different color.

Now all I need to do for Real Platinum God is make a level four Meat Boy/Bandage Girl and pick up the Super Bandage. The Lost was more fun that this poo poo. At least that was skill based instead of complete luck. Maybe it'd be better if the first cube/ball you found locked the rest of the Horsemen drops into that specific one, or if setting up infinite rerolls was more likely to occur.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Whoever thought this room is a good idea can suck my dick.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

FINALLY. I found all the items and didn't get my achievements, looked through my list to find that I never did the 100 shell game one. Oops.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Now all I need to do for Real Platinum God is make a level four Meat Boy/Bandage Girl and pick up the Super Bandage. The Lost was more fun that this poo poo. At least that was skill based instead of complete luck. Maybe it'd be better if the first cube/ball you found locked the rest of the Horsemen drops into that specific one, or if setting up infinite rerolls was more likely to occur.

...But it does? If one horseman drops Cube of Meat, you shouldn't get Ball of Bandages later.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
It might make it more likely, but it definitely doesn't lock it to one of the items.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mad Jaqk posted:

...But it does? If one horseman drops Cube of Meat, you shouldn't get Ball of Bandages later.

You absolutely can get both items. I've had it happen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Here's an interesting thing about Midas Touch. Its damage actually scales with the amount of money you have. 1 coin is equal to 1 point of damage.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Anchors posted:

It might make it more likely, but it definitely doesn't lock it to one of the items.

I think they patched it to force only getting the same item recently. If you are on the ps4 or vita versions you may still have the problem.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Here's an interesting thing about Midas Touch. Its damage actually scales with the amount of money you have. 1 coin is equal to 1 point of damage.

No wonder the Unicorn Stump + Midas Touch was eviscerating everything

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Sheol and Dark Room down as The Lost. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that horse poo poo. First time I've ever fought the lamb where I didnt just outright destroy him.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

ImpAtom posted:

You absolutely can get both items. I've had it happen.

They fixed it with a patch at some point, I'm not sure if that's made it onto every system yet.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

omeg posted:

Whoever thought this room is a good idea can suck my dick.

Isaac's expression doth mirror the player.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Tiny Planet + My Reflection is possibly the worst interaction I've ever seen. If you're not moving, the tears circle around behind Isaac and just stop in the air.

Luckily I just have to survive two rooms with this crap to recharge the D4.

Edit: I did not survive two rooms with this crap.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

IMJack posted:

Tiny Planet + My Reflection is possibly the worst interaction I've ever seen. If you're not moving, the tears circle around behind Isaac and just stop in the air.

It can be amazing/amusing with proper setup (mostly piercing/homing shots).

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does Midas Touch work with orbitals? I think giving orbitals the ability to have some of the effects tears have, but they at least should get the upon-touch effects.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I can't even get Isaac to die to a Mulliboom to even begin unlocking the Lost.

They're so rare and either die as soon you enter a room or corner you almost immediately.

I've done it like twice, but died as Judas and I'm like at -50 just trying to unlock the character. Goddamnit.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Use seeds dude

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

gently caress.
The.
Lost.
Now.
And.
Forever.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

asterioth posted:

Now.
And.
Forever.

Well until After birth inevitably adds another floor you have to beat with the lost.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Haha, I just had the perfect run with the Lost. Stopwatch AND Holy Mantle.

Then I walked into a blood donation machine. :downsgun:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

IMJack posted:

It's amazing with coal, especially with piercing shots. You shoot a bit and let a few giant shots build up behind you then swing them around you and destroy everything. They control a little bit like guppys's hairball but with much bigger range and damage.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

And make sure you slam directly into Satan as Azazel, just to be safe. You're supposed to be able to die to his sphere shots (but not his Brimstone beam), but for some reason that didn't work for both myself and somebody else here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Leven 3 bandage girl and I get loving Conquest in the Womb. God loving drat it I hate you, Conquest. Worst boss in the game.

I passed up the D4 and the Pinking Shears for this. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
I just had the best/worst Eden run ever. I started with Quad shot and the D6. First floor had tooth shot and cricket's head. Next floor had Monstro's lung. It took forever to charge any shots, but would only take 2-3 charges to wipe a room. Devil room had Krampus for coal. Next floor had Eve's Mascara in the item room, and I got Godhead and Sacred Heart in next two Angel rooms. However, it took 15 seconds to charge my shot. I counted. I could one shot any boss, but if the room had multiple spiders in opposite ends of the room, it would take at least 30 seconds to clear. I eventually found Sad bombs and kept my shot charged, but just used bombs to clear rooms. There was not a single tears up the entire game, outside of the Halo. It was one of the most powerful, but most annoying run ever.