Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

ruddiger posted:

Just got another VHS lot (there's a handful here that were never released on DVD), some of these would've been a bitch to track down individually so I'm glad I got these all together at once.

52 Pick-Up, haven't seen it, but I love Frankenheimer, and I'm still on a Scheider kick after watching Sorcerer recently.

Alien Warrior. No idea. Looks pretty lovely though!

You'd think for a movie called BEER, it'd be a little easier tracking down info on this one. Nope.

Another version, and hey, I'm pretty sure that's David Allen Grier on the cover.

Deadly Force. Stoney Cooper will be the name of my next bong.

Delta Force. gently caress YEAH CHUCK!

Delta Force 2, please Chuck don't hurt'em!

Haven't seen this one either, but I love Rodney so hopefully it's good.

8 Million Ways To Die. Is that supposed to be Jeff Bridges on the cover? Who the hell knows.

The Emerald Forest. That poster's pretty blah, but that tagline is great.

The Hidden. This movie loving owns.

Hitz. Like Cuba Gooding Jr. there in the background, I have no idea what the gently caress's going on in this one.

Lockdown. Starring that one guy!

Love Letters. Yowza. Wondering if Jamie Lee Curtis pulls them titties out in this.

Scandalous. Quite.

Mannequin. A classic. That Andrew McCarthy is going places!

Once Bitten. Jim Carrey's first movie. He had nowhere to go but down after this.

Sean Connery is not putting up with your poo poo.

Phantom of Death, again no idea, but Ruggero Deodato!

The Sicilian. Sure, why not.

Fast Talking. Another ultra-obscuro movie with no good images online.

And finally, the motherfucking Dice-Man.

No poster for me, but you are absolutely my favorite poster in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I loving love the squiggly lines around the Dice logo, with the off-center squares, that's some good logo design.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Delta Force. gently caress YEAH CHUCK!

You might not be so excited after you actually watch it. This movie is over two hours long and the Delta Force don't actually start doing anything until the last 15 minutes. The vast majority of this snore-fest is an airplane hostage drama with George Kennedy.
Delta Force 2 is fun though.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

77: Son of The Noir Title Recycling Project (Part 4 of 4)

(the) Sniper

the Chase

the Hunted

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That bow is too ridiculous to live.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Allen Wren posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

morestuff posted:

Another one coming out soon, called Criminal.

Ahh.

There was also the Halloween episode of Two Guys and a Girl!

Allen Wren posted:

That's a pretty average compound bow. It just looks weird on movie posters because movies really like traditional bows and haven't caught up to technology having moved on for a lot of uses.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 15, 2015

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ShufflerZero posted:

You might not be so excited after you actually watch it. This movie is over two hours long and the Delta Force don't actually start doing anything until the last 15 minutes. The vast majority of this snore-fest is an airplane hostage drama with George Kennedy.
Delta Force 2 is fun though.

More to the point, does Lee Marvin fire a bazooka while cradling it in his arms in it?

Also not looking where he's firing it. So cool.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

It's funny because pointy stick super hero man on the right is a sexist shithead.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

The MSJ posted:

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Avengers 2 character posters.

Did someone photoshop her jawline but only do one side?

Or am I just being a dick for noticing natural asymmetry?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Meatwave posted:

A dick, and a sperg.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Meatwave posted:

I'm p sure the majority of humans on the planet Earth have somewhat asymmetrical faces.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Allen Wren posted:

The costume design in that film is amazing. The character wears so much high-tech gear that he looks like a space marine.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The costume design in that film is amazing. The character wears so much high-tech gear that he looks like a space marine.

They've gotta do something to make an archer look intimidating.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

MikeJF posted:

They've gotta do something to make an archer look intimidating.

They don't do it to make him intimidating - the film's more like Stalker or something. He's a spaceman, and the forest is this alien world. It's a really good movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Meatwave posted:

It's doesn't look any more different than her usual.

Allen Wren posted:

That's a normal bow. This one is ridiculous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sheldrake posted:

It's funny because pointy stick super hero man on the right is a sexist shithead.

No, what's funny is that compound bows are significantly more accurate with no loss of killing power. The purpose of the compounding is to reduce the pull weight without reducing the energy of the shot, which in turn increases accuracy because you're not straining to draw and hold it. Hawkeye is basically saying to this kid "Your dad bought you a compound bow? Did he want you to be able to hit something?"

Back on topic: the bow in the poster is a Bowtech Insanity CPX Black Ops. From what little I personally know about bow hunting, this is the bow of choice for macho assholes who want to show off because it has the heaviest pull of anything on the market (adjustable to 80lb, but most people who own one will have it at the minimum 40lb you may be quite sure) and most serious hunters deride it.

E: a quote from the same website selling that bow:

quote:

Unless you have a really good reason to shoot a heavyweight bow - beyond just a barbed-wire tattoo and some intimidating facial hair - we strongly suggest you stick with the common draw weights.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 15, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

No, what's funny is that compound bows are significantly more accurate with no loss of killing power. The purpose of the compounding is to reduce the pull weight without reducing the energy of the shot, which in turn increases accuracy because you're not straining to draw and hold it. Hawkeye is basically saying to this kid "Your dad bought you a compound bow? Did he want you to be able to hit something?"

The argument they tend to try to make in the comics when they're justifying Hawkeye using a recurve is that he's able to achieve that level of accuracy with one via his superhuman skills and keep up a much faster shooting pace, for what it's worth. Criticising a kid for using one makes no sense and I'm gonna assume the writer is dumb. If it's not Faction Hawkeye, it doesn't count.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 15, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

oops

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MikeJF posted:

The argument they tend to try to make in the comics when they're justifying Hawkeye using a recurve is that he's able to achieve that level of accuracy with one via his superhuman skills and keep up a much faster shooting pace, for what it's worth.

Looks like someone has been watching this again.

Most people who write Hawkeye have no clue about archery. His recurve bow is meant to have a 250lb weight, which is 50lbs heavier than the heaviest longbow ever shot and over four times the typical modern weight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's funny hecause it's Hawkeye being a dick to a little kid for no reason. It was written by the fabulous Zeb Wells in Avenging Spider-Man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The bow from Immortals is still the best bow.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MikeJF posted:

That's a pretty average compound bow. It just looks weird on movie posters because movies really like traditional bows and haven't caught up to technology having moved on for a lot of uses.

I know what compound bows are like...or at least I did twenty years ago. Before the cam wheels became the size of my head and they got all these speed holes in them. gently caress, has it been that long since I've been out bowhunting?

Jedit posted:

Unless you have a really good reason to shoot a heavyweight bow - beyond just a barbed-wire tattoo and some intimidating facial hair - we strongly suggest you stick with the common draw weights.

Of loving course. Amazing.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 15, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Infinite arrows!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The MSJ posted:

It's doesn't look any more different than her usual.

I wonder if her sisters are jealous of her fame and not being a big joke in hollywood.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It is, but literally every shot featuring it was in the trailer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

I wonder if her sisters are jealous of her fame and not being a big joke in hollywood.

I think that having literal tons of money somehow eases that pain.
I also think that you're really overstating how famous Elizabeth Olsen is.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

:barf:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good to see Polygon Man still getting work after PlayStation All-Stars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alhazred posted:

I think that having literal tons of money somehow eases that pain.
I also think that you're really overstating how famous Elizabeth Olsen is.

She's the one who is actually getting "real" work and isn't treated like a complete joke.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mary-Kate and Ashley do fashion stuff now. They seem to be pretty successful, so I don't think they have all that much to be jealous about.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They had a cartoon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Mary-Kate and Ashley do fashion stuff now. They seem to be pretty successful, so I don't think they have all that much to be jealous about.

EARNINGS 2013 $80 MILLION
Earnings Jan. 2013
Annual earnings of Dualstar Entertainment Group (Olsenboye, Elizabeth and James, and The Row clothing lines)
$1,000,000,000

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

She's the one who is actually getting "real" work and isn't treated like a complete joke.

Uh I'm not sure who thinks the Olsen twins are a complete joke, they don't act in anything they just run around earning a billion loving dollars with their successful companies. Every once in a while they make a tabloid based on who they are dating but even that's rare. If you want former child actors who are a complete joke, compare and contrast their careers to someone like Dustin Diamond.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Hey kid want some LSD?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kiimo posted:

Uh I'm not sure who thinks the Olsen twins are a complete joke, they don't act in anything they just run around earning a billion loving dollars with their successful companies. Every once in a while they make a tabloid based on who they are dating but even that's rare. If you want former child actors who are a complete joke, compare and contrast their careers to someone like Dustin Diamond.

I think he's just stuck in 2004, back when there was the little to-do about Mary-Kate's eating disorders.

Also I had no idea Elizabeth Olsen was their sister and it's blown my mind.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
FROM THE GUYS THAT BROUGHT YOU
AMERICAN PIE, CABIN FEVER AND THE RING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've seen that movie. It was fun. It was a nice little throw back. Some fun dodgy looking beaver animatronics.