Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what are they at 100% load? my i5 whatever idles at 30C but i have a giant heatsink on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

clean out dust, clean and reapply thermal paste

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
c monhun s:

finished a set of nerscylla s armor. i now look like a gundam

or i put on my eyepatch and i look like a space marine pirate

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
beat far cry 4 last night but I didn't get the post-finale cut scene with the person i chose to lead the golden path for some reason.

I killed pagan and then it went "Fin" and then it loaded and I was back at my house staring at the shangri-la thing. so i still get messages from Amita but i can't, you know, do what needs to be done if you know what I mean. I took down Pagan's fortress but it feels like i really missed out on some closure.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

clean out dust, clean and reapply thermal paste

i did that but i had an awful time getting the heatsink and fan on. i think on of the push pin things is broken because it wouldnt push in. i just ordered a new heatsink and fan

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

beat far cry 4 last night but I didn't get the post-finale cut scene with the person i chose to lead the golden path for some reason.

I killed pagan and then it went "Fin" and then it loaded and I was back at my house staring at the shangri-la thing. so i still get messages from Amita but i can't, you know, do what needs to be done if you know what I mean. I took down Pagan's fortress but it feels like i really missed out on some closure.

Lol you bought a far cry game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

c monhun s:

im working on that set atm. used a bunch of parts for the nerscylla cb which is loving white sharpness at the very beginning of high rank

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

im working on that set atm. used a bunch of parts for the nerscylla cb which is loving white sharpness at the very beginning of high rank

nice. i'm about to get up to blue sharpness w/ my glaives, but they all require parts for monsters i don't have yet, like hr seltas queen and gore magala

also i want to make the kirin glaive but i need to find more kirin to make that happen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
climbed the stone tower, beat beneath the graveyard night 3 with about 5 seconds to spare

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i thought i was pretty much at the end of monster hunter but then i went in a lv136 guild quest and :stonklol: welp

also i made a new armor and now im juri from street fighter

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
talos principal is a rad game but gently caress some of these hidden stars

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

picked binary domain back up after the maintenance last night on ffxiv, this is really solid it sort of reminds me of pariah for some reason
really enjoyed pariah, i should track down a functional xbox drive and play it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Liver Disaster posted:

picked binary domain back up after the maintenance last night on ffxiv, this is really solid it sort of reminds me of pariah for some reason

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Space-Pope posted:

c monhun s:

love that set, though i haven't gotten to the higher ranked fights

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Liver Disaster posted:

pariah was better than it was reviewed, but istr it had a really hosed-up ending? long time since I played it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

NoneMoreNegative posted:

pariah was better than it was reviewed, but istr it had a really hosed-up ending? long time since I played it.

for its age the fact that it had a suicide ending was pretty wild

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i did that but i had an awful time getting the heatsink and fan on. i think on of the push pin things is broken because it wouldnt push in. i just ordered a new heatsink and fan
intel's pushpin design is awful and scary

and your load temps are way too high. what heatsink did you get? i have this one and it's really good + quiet if you have the room for it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

my post-grad degree is literally in reading and writing so probably not

e: are there good books about video games

I learned to read in kindergarten so I felt taking a degree in it would have been a waste of time and money.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

i like the mod that re-enables achievements that are normally disabled when mods are enabled

lol

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

e: are there good books about video games

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
gonna watch a couple new gccx episodes tonight hell yeah

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

intel's pushpin design is awful and scary

and your load temps are way too high. what heatsink did you get? i have this one and it's really good + quiet if you have the room for it

my friend finally answered the text i sent him and told me how to do the push pin properly so things are seated now and my temps at load were like 50 degrees celsius. i ordered that same coolermaster fan and heatsink tho just to be safe

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

online high rank :c00l:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why didn't anybody tell me 3D Out Run was out???!?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

beat binary domain, went back to beat dead space 3, turns out the true way and light is a knife gun
a gun that shoots knives

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

saucepanman posted:

a guy just modded in a sc4 style traffic query tool so it's probably possible

do metro tunnels have traffic?

also managing the metro lines needs a better interface. ideally there'd be a blank dc/london style map with all your stations and tunnels and you'd just connect the dots

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Liver Disaster posted:

beat binary domain, went back to beat dead space 3, turns out the true way and light is a knife gun
a gun that shoots knives
Dead Space 3 is really bad

locational damage, the thing the series is kinda known for focusing on- doesn't matter a bit really. just make the strongest gun you can and unload whereever

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

people used to post PDF copies of Racing The Beam which were embedded inside of a scan of the cover.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

Dead Space 3 is really bad

locational damage, the thing the series is kinda known for focusing on- doesn't matter a bit really. just make the strongest gun you can and unload whereever

i played through DS3 co op with a friend and it was really fun. neither of us really made any interesting guns until the last half of the game and used the starter pistols for most of it

it was also gorgeous

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah Visceral's engine loving owns and co-op was cool, it just wasn't what people who liked Dead Space wanted out of Dead Space

and to contribute to video game discussion, Distance is rad as hell and so is MGSV: Ground Zeroes. dat Fox Engine :swoon:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

took all the drugs

beat hotline miami 2

now it unlocked hard mode loving what

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

played some pariah because it works just fine on win7, still good
sundays are really boring

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I learned to read in kindergarten so I felt taking a degree in it would have been a waste of time and money.

knuc what is ur post-grad degree in? hopefully something that can make u a deece 6 figgies. or, u know, be an intellectually fulfilling achievement i guess lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jonad posted:

knuc what is ur post-grad degree in? hopefully something that can make u a deece 6 figgies. or, u know, be an intellectually fulfilling achievement i guess lol

Lol indeed my man. Wouldn't it be funny if I had a degree in VideoGames making or something retarded so you could jostle your faggy little nuts.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol indeed my man. Wouldn't it be funny if I had a degree in VideoGames making or something retarded so you could jostle your faggy little nuts.

don't think you need a degree for that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

duckfarts posted:

don't think you need a degree for that

I thought the same about literally reading and writing, but hell, I stand corrected.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i know a guy who has a masters in games design
he still doesnt work in games dev

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Awia posted:

i know a guy who has a masters in games design
he still doesnt work in games dev

he should start his own indiestudio.

i have an idea for a 2d pixelgraphic metroidvania roguelike

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Granbar posted:

he should start his own indiestudio.

i have an idea for a 2d pixelgraphic metroidvania roguelike

he got headhunted by ninja theory but turned it down because hes an idiot
now he sits and home unemplyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i have a degree in jostleing my nuts. first degree, from friction

• Locked thread