Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Taking advantage of some e-shop sale prices, is 25% off the best I can hope for Ace Attorney trilogy or should I hold out for a better sale at some point?
Also, are the Mighty Switch Force games better played on 3DS or Wii U? Any big differences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
25% is pretty good. And Dual Destinies is like 40%.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

completely unrelated note, I have a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D if anyone wants to buy :smug:

Super completely unrelated note but I got a sealed copy of Cave Story 3D if you're really bad with money :shepface:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

Taking advantage of some e-shop sale prices, is 25% off the best I can hope for Ace Attorney trilogy or should I hold out for a better sale at some point?
Also, are the Mighty Switch Force games better played on 3DS or Wii U? Any big differences?

Cheapest I've seen them get but who knows.

The Wii U version of the first MSF has HD drawn looking graphics instead of pixel sprites and harder remixes of each level added. The second one is the same on both consoles.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did anybody post this yet? Someone figured out how to exploit spot pass to get special Miis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKjWBJK84PM

TL;DV
1) Open Mii Plaza
2) Go to "Settings"
3) Deactivate Street Pass, which will also deactivate Spot Pass
4) Go to your Special Mii and delete them
5) Hit the home button and close out of Mii Plaza completely
6) Open Mii Plaza again
7) Open Settings. Activate Street Pass, and then activate Spot Pass as well.
8) Hit the Home Button, and the Blue Light should go on with a Spot Pass Notification
9) Open notifications, launch software for Mii Plaza
10) Special Mii will show up again as if it's their first time in the Plaza.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Astro7x posted:

Did anybody post this yet? Someone figured out how to exploit spot pass to get special Miis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKjWBJK84PM

TL;DV
1) Open Mii Plaza
2) Go to "Settings"
3) Deactivate Street Pass, which will also deactivate Spot Pass
4) Go to your Special Mii and delete them
5) Hit the home button and close out of Mii Plaza completely
6) Open Mii Plaza again
7) Open Settings. Activate Street Pass, and then activate Spot Pass as well.
8) Hit the Home Button, and the Blue Light should go on with a Spot Pass Notification
9) Open notifications, launch software for Mii Plaza
10) Special Mii will show up again as if it's their first time in the Plaza.
10 minutes boiled down to 30 seconds of reading. This is why I hate anyone who tries to teach things on YouTube.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For anyone who has code name steam and the fire emblem amiibos, do you only have to scan them once to play as them, or every time you start the game? I know if they die you have to rescan them but othwrwise, do you always have access to them? I don't have a new 3ds and I want to use my friend's n3ds to scan Ike into the game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have the Ocarina cart but I'm actually playing through it right now

On my Gold Zelda 3DS :smug:

I'm confused at the high prices though, especially since there's an eshop version. If I had a local buyer lined up for it I would probably buy the eshop version, use the save transfer tool and sell the game honestly. I would rather have 2 new digital games than an old cart.

Also when I go on trips I never bring carts with me at this point, it would be nice to have the cart slot taken up by something that you can't get online like a DS game.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If it matters it's only been a single mission that it's been as cramped as that. A lot of your units have a mortar of some kind or deal with explosives but the maps usually take that into consideration. That particular map didn't and was just garbage.

Right but in general people are just not liking the game very much.

I wonder if this means we'll go back to Advance Wars.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Digital doesn't really affect cart prices, surprisingly. You can get Earthbound on Wii U, but its price is $200 now, higher than ever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Soul Glo posted:

Digital doesn't really affect cart prices, surprisingly. You can get Earthbound on Wii U, but its price is $200 now, higher than ever.

Digital versions are only as good as long as the store's online. Carts last forever.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

enojy posted:

You have like the nicest fuckin' hand. I'm jealous if both hands are that nice looking

Ahah, thank you friend. Both are hand-y hands, yes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Digital versions are only as good as long as the store's online. Carts last forever.
Eh it's not like Steam where it keeps reconnecting. If you download the game once you'll always have it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Eh it's not like Steam where it keeps reconnecting. If you download the game once you'll always have it.

Not really. Once your 3DS goes it'll take all your games with it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not really. Once your 3DS goes it'll take all your games with it.

If I lost the little Altoid's box I keep my games in right now it would take all of my games with it and I don't have the option of redownloading them either though sooo

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

If I lost the little Altoid's box I keep my games in right now it would take all of my games with it and I don't have the option of redownloading them either though sooo

No, you see you might find that box someday, on your dashboard, the carts warped in the sun and you will have no recourse and

Really though, the real appeal of physical cartridges is going to your local game store and digging through their backstock and finding out that they know exactly what a cart is worth because it's really easy to price that out, so you don't walk away with any steals because most of them have eBay stores anyway.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 16, 2015

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Another reason for the high price of OoT3d is that it is the game that the gateway 3ds uses to work on the new 3ds so the price is being cubic ninja'd.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

DaveKap posted:

10 minutes boiled down to 30 seconds of reading. This is why I hate anyone who tries to teach things on YouTube.

I can't remember what I looked up but all I could find was a 15 minute youtube video of someone explaining what to do while clicking their desktop as slowly as possible. I just needed to know what menu. Now I'm dead. I'm literally dead.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ptarmigans posted:

Another reason for the high price of OoT3d is that it is the game that the gateway 3ds uses to work on the new 3ds so the price is being cubic ninja'd.

What does this mean?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

For anyone who has code name steam and the fire emblem amiibos, do you only have to scan them once to play as them, or every time you start the game? I know if they die you have to rescan them but othwrwise, do you always have access to them? I don't have a new 3ds and I want to use my friend's n3ds to scan Ike into the game.

I scanned Marth and Ike and haven't used them yet and they're always there on the menu now. Normally you have 3 rows of characters (12 total in game) but when you scan one of them a fourth row gets added just for them.

Marth sounds like a ultra ninny so it's great.

Waltzing Along posted:

What does this mean?

Don't know much on it personally but you can apparently pirate games with it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

What does this mean?

The guys that make the Gateway flash card recently put out their first update that supports the New 3DS's that requires the cart for an exploit. The previous exploit for the older systems was for Cubic Ninja which prompted Nintendo to remove the game from the eShop and drive up the price of the physical cart up for its use.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The guys that make the Gateway flash card recently put out their first update that supports the New 3DS's that requires the cart for an exploit. The previous exploit for the older systems was for Cubic Ninja which prompted Nintendo to remove the game from the eShop and drive up the price of the physical cart up for its use.

And also confused retail workers nation-wide at the sudden massive increase in people buying a shovelware title.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Waltzing Along posted:

What does this mean?

Some exploits use OoT. Others use a game called Cubic Ninja. People buying OoT in order to crack the system are driving up the price of the game. "Cubic Ninja" is being used as a verb because people do that now for some reason, assuming it makes more sense than using existing words to describe the effect of system cracks on market prices.

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 16, 2015

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Fix posted:

"Cubic Ninja" is being used as a verb because people do that now for some reason, assuming it makes more sense than using existing words to describe the effect of system cracks on market prices.

Apologies, I thought it was better known than it turns out to be.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there a Nintendo Store Online thread or some poo poo?

I ordered the cradle on the 9th.
Got a shipping notification on the 12th, but it says "Status: AWAITING_SHIPPING" even though the email says it shipped.
Called Nintendo on the 15th, the guy said it hadn't shipped at all.

Is it normal for it to take this long to ship a package?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

More Curtain Call songs coming Thursday: :shepspends:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (BMS)
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (FMS)
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River (FMS)
NieR - Shadowlord (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II (BMS)
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child (FMS)

Shadowlord and Birds in the Sky will be free until April 1st.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If they keep giving me Nier music, they can keep adding to the money pit that is Curtain Call.

That said I thought the "second performance" was done, the last wave of songs was titled "the crescendo" in the system notification. Any word on how long they're gonna keep cranking out tunes?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nier and Chrono Trigger songs are in this game? gently caress. gently caress. Maybe I should play it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

If they keep giving me Nier music, they can keep adding to the money pit that is Curtain Call.

That said I thought the "second performance" was done, the last wave of songs was titled "the crescendo" in the system notification. Any word on how long they're gonna keep cranking out tunes?

Every good performance deserves an encore :colbert:.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nier and Chrono Trigger music is in this game? gently caress. gently caress. Maybe I should play it.

There's a couple of The World Ends with You tracks too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KennyMan666 posted:

More Curtain Call songs coming Thursday: :shepspends:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (BMS)
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 (BMS)
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (FMS)
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River (FMS)
NieR - Shadowlord (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II (BMS)
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child (FMS)

Shadowlord and Birds in the Sky will be free until April 1st.

Nice, I was grabbing shadowlord anyway as everyone should. Wonder if the Nier stuff just didn't sell or what

And real emotion maybe

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

And real emotion maybe

I swear that loving song will never leave you once you hear it.

I really hope they're not releasing the English version or I probably will too.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
So am I correct in my reading that there's be a DSTHREE soon?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Exioce posted:

So am I correct in my reading that there's be a DSTHREE soon?

They said they have one in the works, but there's literally been nothing aside from that.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Did Nintendo kill the eShop games giving coins? I tried the demo that apparently gives 15 coins, and have yet to get any survey 3 weeks later. :(

I already did Bank/Steel Diver as well, and I'm 10 bloody coins from Platinum!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yup, they did. Pokemon Bank is the only remaining free thing that gives coins.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just buy literally anything from before 2015 and you'll get ten coins. There's plenty of decently good games under $5 on both systems. Mighty Switch Force, Rush, Toki Tori, Tappingo, take your pick.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You can get both Mighty Switch Force games for $3.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think there's a game on sale for $2 that gives 10 coins. Soccer up online is $3 for 10. The next highest value would be puzzler 2013, which gives 20 for $8

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Or 30 for $3!!!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

greatn posted:

Just buy literally anything from before 2015 and you'll get ten coins. There's plenty of decently good games under $5 on both systems. Mighty Switch Force, Rush, Toki Tori, Tappingo, take your pick.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yup, they did. Pokemon Bank is the only remaining free thing that gives coins.

I should have been more clear I guess. I figured they killed the free game stuff, but I was more curious if I could just buy a cheap older game off the eShop and still get the 10 coins from an eShop purchase, which it appears most people are saying works.

I'll probably just finally pick up Crashmo, since I never ended up picking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Ptarmigans posted:

I checked the price history on OOT and it has nothing to do with the warez (announced last week) and all to do with the fact that it went out of print mid-December. The prices have been fairly stable since February.