Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

RE: images. I see the attachment option but is there an option for non - plat users or stuff that won't upload as an attachment (eg images from a retina screen shot that flummox the forums' attachment uploader's dimension detection)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

RE: images. I see the attachment option but is there an option for non - plat users or stuff that won't upload as an attachment (eg images from a retina screen shot that flummox the forums' attachment uploader's dimension detection)
Just hit the down arrow in the top right and pick 'Image Tag' or 'Thumbnail Tag' and paste your url in between the BBcode tags. If you have an image URL on the clipboard and paste it, sometimes it even tags it for you. I don't know how it works on iPhone but on Android you paste with a long press.

The imgur app will conveniently give you clipboard URLs with BBcode already on them at your option, so I just use that to add an image from my tablet or phone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Hi, I have stupid questions because I am usually an iPhone user.

How do I post a picture from the android app?

Can I turn off the post confirmation dialog?

How can I change YOSPOS to amberpos in the app?

Is there a help page or FAQ or something for stupid babbies like me, beyond this thread?

Upload the image to imgur using one of the many imgur apps or the passable mobile website and add an timg tag. It should automatically insert the url from the clipboard.

Can't turn off the confirmation dialog.

How would you like to swap between the POS themes? I'd rather not make it an option in the settings so it's not implemented yet.

There probably should be but :effort:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Sereri posted:

How would you like to swap between the POS themes? I'd rather not make it an option in the settings so it's not implemented yet

Maybe on the hardware menu button in thread or forum views when forumid matches 219 (or any other forumid that supports multiple stylesheets)?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

How would you like to swap between the POS themes? I'd rather not make it an option in the settings so it's not implemented yet.
Can you (or anybody) go over where/how to edit the dark theme to turn the unread posts from grey to straight black?

I am noob

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Maybe on the hardware menu button

The what now?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Or whatever takes its place if the device in question does not have a hardware menu button. Action bar?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Here's an interesting one. The first pic appeared as normal. The second was the little grey square in the bottom left that I had to touch then click Show inline.

Bump

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
You can't have images linked and still show avatars, even if you have the show avatars box checked, what's up with that

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The app is bricked!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Radbot posted:

The app is bricked!

What an incredibly helpful post! Here's mine: "The app works great!"

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I'm using the beta version of the app, and it doesn't crash nearly enough for a beta. Please fix, tia.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Radbot posted:

The app is bricked!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

E: Seriously, I'm posting this from the app and mine works fine. Some other information would be helpful, such as phone model, Android version, etc.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 13, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I was an unhelpful rear end in a top hat, sorry. The app logged me out spontaneously but worked when I signed back in again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Radbot posted:

I was an unhelpful rear end in a top hat, sorry. The app logged me out spontaneously but worked when I signed back in again.

You have a curious definition of bricked.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The app ctd's often when I launch it from the recent app pop up. I can't remember the official name of the app picker thing.
Anyway, it crashes with no error and launches fine on next try.
This seems to have started with the last update or the one before.
This is on my stock Motorola Xoom running the beta version.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Some pictures appear as small squares -- I think if they are attachments. Can you sort that out please?

Sereri posted:

Screenshots please

Breath Ray posted:

Here's an interesting one. The first pic appeared as normal. The second was the little grey square in the bottom left that I had to touch then click Show inline.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can i delete a bookmark from an archived thread?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The frog likes to peek out from behind Facebook on my home screen:

That's all, bye

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Not sure what to tell you. There's a missing image because your internet connection was lovely. Tap the tiny square and select "Show image inline"

Bigass Moth posted:

Can i delete a bookmark from an archived thread?
Yes, in the forum view longpress the thread and select un/bookmark

Aleph Null posted:

The app ctd's often when I launch it from the recent app pop up. I can't remember the official name of the app picker thing.
Anyway, it crashes with no error and launches fine on next try.
This seems to have started with the last update or the one before.
This is on my stock Motorola Xoom running the beta version.
I fixed a crash when changing themes and gotten lots of more crash reports since then. Sorry guys.

404notfound posted:

The frog likes to peek out from behind Facebook on my home screen:
That's all, bye

Soon

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
With how long threads can get, is there any particular reason why fast scroll isn't enabled and is blocked from being enabled through xposed module for forcing it on?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I love this app.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

With how long threads can get, is there any particular reason why fast scroll isn't enabled and is blocked from being enabled through xposed module for forcing it on?
I haven't looked at the code for years but I don't think threads use ListViews.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
What do I need to clear to see my custom title updated in the sidebar? It shows up in posts.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Tunga posted:

I haven't looked at the code for years but I don't think threads use ListViews.

I dunno poo poo about programming but I'm assuming this is why it doesn't work on the Something app either.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

I dunno poo poo about programming but I'm assuming this is why it doesn't work on the Something app either.
Yeah, pretty sure Something uses a WebView for the threads.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Tunga posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Something uses a WebView for the threads.

Every SA app on all platforms use webviews for threads, because there is no way to keep the formatting of posts without it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bummer

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Drastic Actions posted:

Every SA app on all platforms use webviews for threads, because there is no way to keep the formatting of posts without it.

Well, the other ways are fragile pains in the rear end.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pairofdimes posted:

What do I need to clear to see my custom title updated in the sidebar? It shows up in posts.

Try refreshing the account settings under settings -> account

As for fast scrolling, yeah the webview just flat out doesn't support it. I've looked into a few JavaScript based ones but they were poo poo. Though that was like 3 years ago so I might give it another try.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Just did Google Play's new content rating thing:

Not sure what I expected.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Looks like they're par with Apple.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Sereri posted:

Just did Google Play's new content rating thing:

Not sure what I expected.

Unexpectedly strong moral compass for a bunch of poo poo-eating gay cannibal nazis.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

Unexpectedly strong moral compass for a bunch of poo poo-eating gay cannibal nazis.

Listen PEGI isn't that bad

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

How can I join the beta? The link in the op appears to be for the old version of awful.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Sereri posted:

Not sure what to tell you. There's a missing image because your internet connection was lovely. Tap the tiny square and select "Show image inline"

Are you able to replicate this issue on your end by checking a post with timg tags? E.g., http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703904&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=94#post443065113

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Felony posted:

How can I join the beta? The link in the op appears to be for the old version of awful.
It's true nobody uses the community, but the beta opt in is still there and it's still working as far as I know.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Felony posted:

You need to follow this link and join the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ferg.awfulapp

I missed it when I went to the community page the first time as well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For some reason, as of today, the app crashes every time I try to reply to the GTA V thread in Games. Everything else works fine and I can reply on PC. I sent a report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Reverse Centaur posted:

For some reason, as of today, the app crashes every time I try to reply to the GTA V thread in Games. Everything else works fine and I can reply on PC. I sent a report.

Yeah, I am getting seemingly random crashes hitting reply on various threads on both my Nexus 5 and 7. It will work in some threads but not in others, I haven't figured out the pattern but I mashed in a bunch of automatic crash reports.