Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I found out that a while back that all kinds of people who like me in the real world can't stand me on Facebook. I think it's pretty goddamn stupid, but this is possibly what you're dealing with. I wouldn't make too much of it. People have a tendency to take Facebook and Facebook related bullshit way too seriously.

wtf are you doing posting nonstop political poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Maybe he constantly posts Minion memes about the tyranny of shorts.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
Anxiety can't suck your dick, but someone might for your spare meds.

Unless you get the boring ones.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Which one of you is Stan Ross?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

We are all Stan Ross.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

I found out that a while back that all kinds of people who like me in the real world can't stand me on Facebook. I think it's pretty goddamn stupid, but this is possibly what you're dealing with. I wouldn't make too much of it. People have a tendency to take Facebook and Facebook related bullshit way too seriously.

I don't like you anywhere.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skywalker OG posted:

A word, much less one that isn't a noun but one that attempts to describe a mental state, cannot physically suck your dick.

The word 'anxiety' is very much a noun. I mean it doesn't describe a physical object but it's still a thing. It's not like it's a verb or an adjective or an adverb or anything.

Literally The Worst posted:

I don't like you anywhere.

Seriously just gently caress already.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Sword and Scale about a killer nurse. The best podcast.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
If my anxiety only made me worry about things that weren't dumb, it would actually be somewhat useful.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Geekboy posted:

If my anxiety only made me worry about things that weren't dumb, it would actually be somewhat useful.

My biggest problem with anxiety -- much of it being social anxiety, which is great when public relations is a huge part of your job -- is that because I'm a recovering alcoholic, no psychiatrist will ever prescribe me a benzodiazepine (and rightfully so, I wouldn't trust any doctor who would even think of it). So I have to force myself to do a lot of meditation, breathing exercises, leaving my office and walking around the hotel, stuff like that.

I swear, though, some days I feel like shouting "my kingdom for a Xanax."

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Timby posted:

My biggest problem with anxiety -- much of it being social anxiety, which is great when public relations is a huge part of your job -- is that because I'm a recovering alcoholic, no psychiatrist will ever prescribe me a benzodiazepine (and rightfully so, I wouldn't trust any doctor who would even think of it). So I have to force myself to do a lot of meditation, breathing exercises, leaving my office and walking around the hotel, stuff like that.

I swear, though, some days I feel like shouting "my kingdom for a Xanax."

Serious question: what is the connection between benzodiazepine and alcoholism?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Man, I was so afraid that VHS Viral was gonna suck rear end after the lovely glitchy framing story and the absolute dogshit first segment, but then the Hail Satan blimp and Dickeye: the movie happened and it saved itself from being extraordinarily awful. Still not all that great but it's totally worth checking out for a blind watch with friends.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Many alcoholics/former alcoholics abused alcohol to essentially self-treat their anxiety, so the fear is that you're giving them a different drug that will similarly treat anxiety, and consequently is just as likely to be abused. If A and B serve the same purpose to you and you used to be addicted to A, best to avoid B.

edit: I was just using A and B as variables but I guess it also works as Alcohol and Benzodiazepines, so however you want to interpret it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Benzo's can be addictive, doctors don't like giving addictive substances to addicts.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mr. stefan posted:

Man, I was so afraid that VHS Viral was gonna suck rear end after the lovely glitchy framing story and the absolute dogshit first segment, but then the Hail Satan blimp and Dickeye: the movie happened and it saved itself from being extraordinarily awful. Still not all that great but it's totally worth checking out for a blind watch with friends.

The segments themselves are wonderful.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I even kinda liked the first segment. I mean it barely works as found footage and its cheesey as hell but still...

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

DetoxP posted:

Many alcoholics/former alcoholics abused alcohol to essentially self-treat their anxiety, so the fear is that you're giving them a different drug that will similarly treat anxiety, and consequently is just as likely to be abused. If A and B serve the same purpose to you and you used to be addicted to A, best to avoid B.

edit: I was just using A and B as variables but I guess it also works as Alcohol and Benzodiazepines, so however you want to interpret it.

Skwirl posted:

Benzo's can be addictive, doctors don't like giving addictive substances to addicts.

That makes sense, thanks!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Basically this. Benzos and alcohol are cross-tolerant substances, and hit the brain's reward system in essentially the exact same way (this is why benzos like Ativan are used to help get people through severe alcohol withdrawal). With a recovering addict, benzos have a strong likelihood of becoming abused themselves or triggering a relapse when the use of the medication is tapered down.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

I even kinda liked the first segment. I mean it barely works as found footage and its cheesey as hell but still...

Yeah, the first segment is terribly made but the concepts are so silly and awesome that I can't hate it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The first segment is the weakest of the three, but BONESTORM is a thing of beauty. Someone post that one gif.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah part two is a lot like the Indonesian cult segment from 2 where it has a lot of great buildup before going completely loving gonzo in the back third in the best way, and the third part has a lot of the "dumb teens doing dumb teen poo poo" humanity of SPAA that made it hilariously satisfying. It's just that the first segment puts forth none of the effort required to actually sell its concept like the other two do and the framing story goes nowhere, ends with a wet fart and relies on audiovisual glitching to a level that even I, a dude who managed to watch all 50-odd episodes of Marble Hornets, found distractingly excessive.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't like Bonestorm as much as most. I agree that the Gif is perfect and it has alot of good but I still just think it goes on a little long. I know people disagree but it's hard for me to argue with the fact that I just started getting bored with it.

V/H/S/3 wasn't as bad as I was fearing but it was still a pretty weak film overall. I still think I'll take the weakest segment in the first two over the best thing in 3.

It doesn't help that the framing segment is just pure garbage on every level. Like no aspect of it is good from the techniques they steal from Cloverfield but do really badly to the Mexican stereotypes that make me think they haven't even watched an episode of Breaking Bad no less never met a Mexican.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 16, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mr. stefan posted:

Yeah part two is a lot like the Indonesian cult segment from 2 where it has a lot of great buildup before going completely loving gonzo in the back third in the best way, and the third part has a lot of the "dumb teens doing dumb teen poo poo" humanity of SPAA that made it hilariously satisfying. It's just that the first segment puts forth none of the effort required to actually sell its concept like the other two do and the framing story goes nowhere, ends with a wet fart and relies on audiovisual glitching to a level that even I, a dude who managed to watch all 50-odd episodes of Marble Hornets, found distractingly excessive.

Did Marble Hornets finally loving end?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah. I remember watching the last episode out of curiosity but have no recollection of the content.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Yeah. They had a few pretty amazing episodes late in the series but the ending was also pretty unremarkable.

Edit: this is probably the best one and honestly it works about as well without context anyways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb33j_DWu8Y

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 16, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I got my signed Blu-Ray from the Marble Hornets crew the other day. Only Kickstarter I've ever helped fund. Is dope.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Podcastchat: A friend just told me to check out Last Podcast on the Left, a true crime/weird poo poo podcast that he pitched to me as "I never knew I wanted a comedy podcast about Richard Spec and Ted Bundy." He also claims it's even trashier than S&S.

edit: There's a gangstalking episode, clearly the new best "true crime" podcast.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Benzos are also really dissociative when abused and have a lot of poorly documented side effects, so they may or may not be something that we'll look back on horrified at having ever had it available for public consumption.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Benzos are also really dissociative when abused and have a lot of poorly documented side effects, so they may or may not be something that we'll look back on horrified at having ever had it available for public consumption.

I used to take a lot of benzos (recreationally) in high school. Guess that explains some of my problems as an adult.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I took a couple Klonopins once, smoked a bowl, and the next thing I knew I was on my couch back home, mysteriously away from my friend's place. I asked him what happened later on, and apparently I just laid there with my eyes open for hours straight and occasionally said how high I was, and when one of my friends walked me home at like 4am I could barely walk and just kind of flopped on to my couch and said "sleep now, go away."

That's my benzodiazepine story

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I took a couple Klonopins once, smoked a bowl, and the next thing I knew I was on my couch back home, mysteriously away from my friend's place. I asked him what happened later on, and apparently I just laid there with my eyes open for hours straight and occasionally said how high I was, and when one of my friends walked me home at like 4am I could barely walk and just kind of flopped on to my couch and said "sleep now, go away."

That's my benzodiazepine story

This sounds like a SALT CURES HAM story.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Da Joose was a legal benzo that a bunch of goons took, and at least 4 crashed their cars and one died from it, so I've learned to not gently caress with benzos.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Da Joose was a legal benzo that a bunch of goons took, and at least 4 crashed their cars and one died from it, so I've learned to not gently caress with benzos.

Also one guy woke up four days later to an angry voicemail from his fiance's father saying that if he ever called her again they would get a restraining order. This may or may not be the same goon who tried to buy a piano on ebay.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Also one guy woke up four days later to an angry voicemail from his fiance's father saying that if he ever called her again they would get a restraining order. This may or may not be the same goon who tried to buy a piano on ebay.

What did the voicemail say?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

What did the voicemail say?

Bofa

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bank of America?

They are a poo poo bank and all, but to sever a relationship over?

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Holy poo poo I just got pulled off a waitlist so now I have a third interview. In five days. Over 1500 miles away. This is uh... a surprise.

A very expensive surprise.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DetoxP posted:

Holy poo poo I just got pulled off a waitlist so now I have a third interview. In five days. Over 1500 miles away. This is uh... a surprise.

Are they at least paying your way?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

DetoxP posted:

Is it in Ontario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Timby posted:

Are they at least paying your way?

Nope. Med Schools in Canada really don't give a poo poo, because it's so competitive anyways.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is it in Ontario?

Yeah, and I'm in Alberta.

• Locked thread