Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I'm trying to play Majora's Mask and I don't want to look at a strategy guide too much if I can help it, but I seem to find a lot of stuff just by happening to be in the right place at the right time. Are there clues given by people in Clock Town for a lot of this stuff, or is a lot of the stuff found by running around at different hours and getting lucky?

Also, if I complete sidequests for helping people and things like that are they complete for the sake of the game? Or is the point just to get the items you get when you complete the quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pokecapn posted:

I checked the price history on OOT and it has nothing to do with the warez (announced last week) and all to do with the fact that it went out of print mid-December. The prices have been fairly stable since February.

It's gone from like $60 to near $80.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RichterIX posted:

I'm trying to play Majora's Mask and I don't want to look at a strategy guide too much if I can help it, but I seem to find a lot of stuff just by happening to be in the right place at the right time. Are there clues given by people in Clock Town for a lot of this stuff, or is a lot of the stuff found by running around at different hours and getting lucky?

Also, if I complete sidequests for helping people and things like that are they complete for the sake of the game? Or is the point just to get the items you get when you complete the quest?
The bombers give you hints from time to time, usually when you unlock new areas or get new items/masks. Every now and then it's a good idea to run around town and go up to them; if they run up to you as well it means they have a hint for you. You can also consult the giant Sheikah stone under the clock tower to get specific hints about heart pieces or fairies or what have you.

Since everything resets after you play the song of time technically what you did is "undone", but obviously you get to keep the rewards such as heart pieces and the like.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 16, 2015

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Nate RFB posted:

The bombers give you hints from time to time, usually when you unlock new areas or get new items/masks. Every now and then it's a good idea to run around town and go up to them; if they run up to you as well it means they have a hint for you. You can also consult the giant Sheikah stone under the clock tower to get specific hints about heart pieces or fairies or what have you.

Since everything resets after you play the song of time technically what you did is "undone", but obviously you get to keep the rewards such as heart pieces and the like.

Cool, thanks for your help. So the townspeople you help don't really affect the ending or anything ie: you don't have to run around in the last run-up to the end of the game trying to make everyone happy at the last second?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RichterIX posted:

Cool, thanks for your help. So the townspeople you help don't really affect the ending or anything ie: you don't have to run around in the last run-up to the end of the game trying to make everyone happy at the last second?
No, though doing a "perfect run" prior to beating the final boss is absolutely a thing that a lot of people try to do.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a Nintendo Store Online thread or some poo poo?

I ordered the cradle on the 9th.
Got a shipping notification on the 12th, but it says "Status: AWAITING_SHIPPING" even though the email says it shipped.
Called Nintendo on the 15th, the guy said it hadn't shipped at all.

Is it normal for it to take this long to ship a package?

Mine went from AWAITING_SHIPPING to just "Submitted" and hasn't changed since Thursday. I bet they oversold.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

More Curtain Call songs coming Thursday: :shepspends:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (BMS)

I know it won't be the english version but I'm still way too happy about this

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

enojy posted:

Mine went from AWAITING_SHIPPING to just "Submitted" and hasn't changed since Thursday. I bet they oversold.

I had a similar situation when I tried to buy Wiimotes last summer after E3 and everything blew up.

From what I gathered, the communication between the warehouse and the website is a poo poo heap. Customer Service/the website is constantly getting bad information from the warehouse and they are unable to talk directly to or get any real information from the warehouse.

My wiimotes were in "Picking" status for 2 straight weeks. Customer service kept telling me that that means they have the wiimotes, they just need to package them and send them out, and that I should expect it to ship in the next 24 hours. That was the info I got for 2 weeks. I eventually opened an escalation ticket and it shipped within 1 business day. My refurb Wii U never gave me a notice that it shipped. It just showed up one day.

Basically, they are extremely unorganized and have no internal communication especially when something sells out. Only use them for things you don't need immediately, things only available through them or things with a huge discount you can't get elsewhere. You have a larger than average chance of your order being screwed up somehow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RichterIX posted:

Nope; everything resets every time you go back in time.

This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is nothing's permanent really so you can re-do things if you need to, or if you want to.

Bad thing is certain quests are pretty involved and require you to do several events in sequence, and if you run out of time or if you get distracted halfway through, you have to start all over and do most of the events all over again in that 3-day period. Although some quests that are really long will give you an item at certain stages specifically so you can go back in time and still have that item, kinda "saving" your progress.

At the end of the game I think you just need to have beaten all 4 temples, right? Nah there's nothing you have to do with townspeople at the very end.

That said for the perfect ending you need to collect every mask before you trigger the ending, which means doing every possible townsperson side-quest first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Nope; everything resets every time you go back in time.

This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is nothing's permanent really so you can re-do things if you need to, or if you want to.

Bad thing is certain quests are pretty involved and require you to do several events in sequence, and if you run out of time or if you get distracted halfway through, you have to start all over and do most of the events all over again in that 3-day period. Although some quests that are really long will give you an item at certain stages specifically so you can go back in time and still have that item, kinda "saving" your progress.

At the end of the game I think you just need to have beaten all 4 temples, right? Nah there's nothing you have to do with townspeople at the very end.

That said for the perfect ending you need to collect every mask before you trigger the ending, which means doing every possible townsperson side-quest first.

If you're not taking the time to help people in Termina, you're a bad person and deserve a moon to the face :colbert:.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Do you still have to buy curtain call songs individually for $1 each, or did they add packs?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nuru posted:

Do you still have to buy curtain call songs individually for $1 each, or did they add packs?

Individually.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's not the money that bothers me so much as the horrendously slow and inefficient checkout system.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're not taking the time to help people in Termina, you're a bad person and deserve a moon to the face :colbert:.

But after you help them they just need your help again.

The only way to save them fo realz is to stop the moon :v:

Fierce diety mask is some amazing OP bullshit though so its totally worth getting all the masks. :)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Also, if you're concerned about the ending, (no details but here's some vague info about the way the game handles resetting sidequests): when you beat the game any sidequests you've completed end up resolved even if you had reset time, the game doesn't explicitly explain it but it looks like all the timelines converged or something.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zaphod42 posted:

Fierce diety mask is some amazing OP bullshit though so its totally worth getting all the masks. :)

This just makes me want to put down Majora's Mask 3D and play Hyrule Warriors.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

enojy posted:

This just makes me want to put down Majora's Mask 3D and play Hyrule Warriors.

This reminds me I need to finish Hyrule Warriors and get the DLC :stare:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

This reminds me I need to finish Hyrule Warriors and get the DLC :stare:

You will never finish Hyrule Warriors.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just a heads up sidequests do effect the ending of Majora's Mask. In the ending if you missed a mask instead of getting a epilogue on that character you just see the hat you would've got spinning into a dark void. So if you never got the postman's cap you just see it spinning around instead of him enjoying his freedom

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The postman is the saddest motherfucker.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Pokemon Shuffle is doing a fun thing for anyone who plays it

It's a score rush competition to see who can get the highest score by 3/23 and the top 20,000 scores will get a Lucarionite which gives Lucario his Mega Evolution.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And now I know there's separate ranking for US/EU, since currently there's a guy from France at number on with 33k.

I'll probably have to try again closer to the deadline, my score of 13k won't cut it for too long.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

flyboi posted:

Pokemon Shuffle is doing a fun thing for anyone who plays it

It's a score rush competition to see who can get the highest score by 3/23 and the top 20,000 scores will get a Lucarionite which gives Lucario his Mega Evolution.

Don't you have to pay to play, and isn't lucarionite one of the first mega evolution stones you get in ORAS? I know it's the first one you get in X/Y.

That's kind of a scumbag tactic if I ever saw one lol.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Don't you have to pay to play, and isn't lucarionite one of the first mega evolution stones you get in ORAS? I know it's the first one you get in X/Y.

Pretty sure it's just the Mega Stone for Pokemon Shuffle, so.

You could play the whole game without spending a dime like I did anyway.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Everything in this post is wrong. Shuffle is free, you don't have to pay to enter the contest (in fact, everyone who enters gets a gem, so they're paying you to enter), and the stone isn't for ORAS it's for Shuffle.

e: Seriously Shuffle is the most truly "free" F2P I've seen in a long time, there is no reason to pay unless you're really bad at the game and also really impatient, you get tons of coins and gems as you play and almost never have to use coins, and gems only get you more coins soooooo

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The ones at the top are probably pay to win scumbags or used the exploit but no, I didn't spend a dime on the game but I'll have 0 chance of ever getting close to their scores.

To get the pokemon they have on the top team (Xerneas and Mewtwo) you need to S rank 100 and 150 of the regular stages respectively which unlocks the EX stage and is a whole 'nother level of bullshit.

Basically anyone in the top most definitely exploited the game. Playing legit without spending a dime I have EX16 unlocked which is 85 S ranks. I doubt my score is high enough to hold however I should have enough time to S rank older stages to unlock Xerneas which probably will help my score. Not even going to give a poo poo about Mewtwo as that's a pipedream if you don't P2W.

Edit: since posting my image I've already dropped 194 in ranking so yeah, will be a scramble for the next week.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 16, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Strange Quark posted:

Pretty sure it's just the Mega Stone for Pokemon Shuffle, so.

You could play the whole game without spending a dime like I did anyway.

Fair enough! I'm used to games linking to the mainline series so thought it was "pay a bunch to get a chance at a top score for a item you don't even need!"

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
So do we basically have a news/game drought until E3?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fremry posted:

So do we basically have a news/game drought until E3?

It's too soon for another Smash game, so Nintendo has literally nothing to talk about at E3. :smugbert:

Unless maybe it's some Smash 4 DLC or something...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There'll probably be a Nintendo Direct next month

I'm basing this information on nothing but it seems like a safe bet

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
We'll probably be getting something on Splatoon, since it's coming before E3, but for 3DS I'm not sure, maybe something for Xenoblade 3D, that's supposed to release next month.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Codename STEAM is great, haters gonna hate. It's like that Valkyrie Chronicles game except without the dumb anime stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Plot spoilers from STEAM but oh my god
I just recruited Randolph Carter and I'm going to go get the Necronomicon that Abe kept in a safe in the white house. This game

:allears: I wouldn't mind this becoming a series if it keeps this kind of greatness up.

Now that I have him a new bestiary written by him has opened up and we're getting into the old gods type poo poo. Goddamn. Innsmouth and Shub-Niggurath. gently caress man I never expected the Order of Dagon to be dropped in a Nintendo game.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 16, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are some cheap, not-terrible first-party games for those who need CN codes:

Style Savvy Trendsetters - $12.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/style-savvy-trendsetters-nintendo-3ds/6836718.p?id=1218814345798&skuId=6836718

Steel Diver - $11.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/steel-diver-nintendo-3ds/2290368.p?id=1218318235771&skuId=2290368

Freakyforms Deluxe - $4.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/freakyforms-deluxe-your-creations-alive-nintendo-3ds/6896266.p?id=1218811233027&skuId=6896266

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

Codename STEAM is great, haters gonna hate. It's like that Valkyrie Chronicles game except without the dumb anime stuff.

Whats even the point then

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Steel Diver is horrible don't listen to this man.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So for the people enjoying Codename S.T.E.A.M., how are you living with enemy turns? They seem really long and unskippable or unable to make them faster.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

flyboi posted:

Steel Diver is horrible don't listen to this man.

Yeah, that's still too expensive for it. The free to play sequel Sub Wars is much better

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 16, 2015

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So for the people enjoying Codename S.T.E.A.M., how are you living with enemy turns? They seem really long and unskippable or unable to make them faster.

Pushups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Steel Diver Is Not A Bad Game

You could definitely find it cheaper than that, I was just idly posting junk I saw on Best Buy.