Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

LOL gently caress the CSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I like the CDU guy going "Well if you had actually worked on your concept then my colleague in the Bavaria-only party would of course have granted your request :smugdog:"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Libluini posted:

Oh please, everyone should have known poo poo like this would happen with a Bavarian transportation minister if said minister is also part of the Bavaria-Only-Party sometimes also known as CSU.

Everyone outside Bavaria who gives them votes only gets what they deserve.

There is literally not one person that votes CSU outside of Bavaria.

And I'm not going to be outraged about the Autobahn stuff unless the NRW government can show me the proposal/concept that they had. It's not like every politician tries to get "stuff" for their voters.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

There is literally not one person that votes CSU outside of Bavaria.

Mainly because they're not on the ballot anywhere else.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Dass Bayern der grosse Zahmeister ist ist schnöde Südländerpropaganda. Nach Inflation und Zinseffekten ist Bayern gerade mal dabei das abzustottern, was ihr die richtigen Länder in der ersten Spielhälfte überwiesen haben.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
http://www.spiegel.de/schulspiegel/bamberg-schueler-bekommt-verweis-fuer-protest-gegen-bundeswehr-a-1023724.html

It would appear my former hometown just lit the Lucy Heartfilia beacon.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

"Bamberg, Ort der Vielfalt"

Sounds more like Bamberg Nazi-Hochburg to me. Good for him that he wants to escape that crazy town.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Man, I really regret not getting a Verweis like that. The only one I got was for protesting against tuition fees.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Randler posted:

Dass Bayern der grosse Zahmeister ist ist schnöde Südländerpropaganda. Nach Inflation und Zinseffekten ist Bayern gerade mal dabei das abzustottern, was ihr die richtigen Länder in der ersten Spielhälfte überwiesen haben.
Gib die Quelle deiner Zitate an.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Man, I really regret not getting a Verweis like that. The only one I got was for protesting against tuition fees.

That school is literally led by insane people. In my old school I would have had to skip several days before someone would have deemed it necessary to send out a written Verweis. A Verweis for just not having your sport clothes with you? What kind of hitleresk attitude to discipline is that?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Must be an SPD run city if they care so much about students' short shorts.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Must be an SPD run city if they care so much about students' short shorts.

The mayor is CSU, actually.Then again, we're talking about the Christlich-Soziale Union here. :tinfoil:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, this guy sounds like the most annoying person ever and he is probably gonna leave a lot of burned-out and alcoholic teachers in his wake.

Also, I love the "Stauffenberg" school name. Fits nicely with the "von Braun" Gymnasiums that we also have here. Never change, Bayern. :allears:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Libluini posted:

"Bamberg, Ort der Vielfalt"

Sounds more like Bamberg Nazi-Hochburg to me. Good for him that he wants to escape that crazy town.

Libluini posted:

The mayor is CSU, actually.Then again, we're talking about the Christlich-Soziale Union here. :tinfoil:

The mayor is SPD, actually.
And by jumping to the Nazi-Hochburg conclusion, you're basically falling into the trap that Spiegel Online author set up lazily without doing any research.

The case at hand is basically a kid going "gently caress you, dad\the man" a bunch of times in several different schools, a teacher being dumb and putting down "links" instead of "kid that likes to gently caress with authority" in the reason of the Verweis and the Vizedirex being dumb and rubberstamping it.

Like any other city in Oberfranken, you'll have a bunch of religious coockooheads and, like any other city in Germany, you'll have a few Randgruppen-Nazis, but you do not want to be an Open Carry Nazi in Bamberg.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

waitwhatno posted:

Fits nicely with the "von Braun" Gymnasiums that we also have here. Never change, Bayern. :allears:

No longer, it's just a "Staatliches Gymnasium" now (I went there, and I think it was the last one at least in Bavaria). You better believe there were massive amounts of drama surrounding that namechange, though :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The mayor is SPD, actually.

From the linked article posted:

CSU-Bürgermeister Christian Lange.

Or are you saying the article is wrong?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Libluini posted:

Or are you saying the article is wrong?

Very.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Eh, it's still technically correct as this Lange guy is the 2. Bürgermeister. Still doesn't change the fact that the article blatantly tries to steer the readers' opinion into a certain direction.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The whole article lost all it's credibility when they wrote "Dies, das, Ananas" with regards to the reasons for the other citations.

To me it's pretty clear that the school made a big mistake by calling it "linksorientierte Gesinnung", because that term is to broad and are now paying the price for it but I don't doubt that the kid is a troublemaker and his disruptions of classes were the primary reason for acting like the school did.

That the left-leaning media loves such a story framed as the fight of a smart child in Bavaria against authoritarian teachers and administrators, who probably vote CSU in every election, should not come as much of a surprise.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I did not expect a journalist to confuse mayors like this.

GaussianCopula posted:

To me it's pretty clear that the school made a big mistake by calling it "linksorientierte Gesinnung", because that term is to broad and are now paying the price for it but I don't doubt that the kid is a troublemaker and his disruptions of classes were the primary reason for acting like the school did.

You know, judging people based on a badly written news article is kind of a bad habit, you should stop it.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

GaussianCopula posted:

The whole article lost all it's credibility when they wrote "Dies, das, Ananas" with regards to the reasons for the other citations.

You seem to have some problem with reading comprehension. Is German your first language ?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Libluini posted:

Wow, I did not expect a journalist to confuse mayors like this.

You know, judging people based on a badly written news article is kind of a bad habit, you should stop it.

The taz article gives some background, e.g. that the kid changed schools several times.

Pand posted:

You seem to have some problem with reading comprehension. Is German your first language ?

He (the kid) clearly wants to downplay the reasons for his previous citations, which are than listed by the article, based on his accounts. I'm sorry but simply refuse to believe that he got citations for just forgetting his PE stuff or not turning his mobile phone off, because if that were the case he would put far more weight on those instances and frame them in the context of "they tried to break me because of my political believes". His answer on the other hand is clearly defensive, which means the citations not baseless.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
In other words, BURN THE WITCH

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

System Metternich posted:

Eh, it's still technically correct as this Lange guy is the 2. Bürgermeister. Still doesn't change the fact that the article blatantly tries to steer the readers' opinion into a certain direction.

He is the Bügermeister for education. I'm not that into city-level politics but I always assumed that not-OBs had the same leeway as a Minister compared to the Kanzler.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

And they would have gotten away with it if not for my pathologic hatred on Social Democrats. :911:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

"What were you in prison for?"

"Dies, das, Ananas ..."

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Honestly curious what you people expected the kid to answer to that question. He clearly has a problem with authority and if the school is tilted so hard that they're giving out Verweise for not bringing your PE clothes, then it's safe to assume he just trolled them with lots of small poo poo over the years until they couldn't take it anymore and started to come down hard on every little insignificant infraction. The correct answer to the question "what have you gotten in trouble for" is "that's a long list of mostly minor infractions that you don't need to hear about in detail", which I believe translates into German as "Dies, das, Ananas." (And then he still gave the explicit reasons for the two Verweise.)

The whole point is that no matter how annoying a student is, you do not write "please stop being such a goddamn leftist" in the official report. All this hand-wringing about how annoying he must have been is victim blaming bullshit.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

waitwhatno posted:

"What were you in prison for?"

"Dies, das, Ananas ..."

So you have proof he did something terribly wrong ? Something so horrendous not even the "Verschärfter Verweis" mentions it ?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I got two Verweise in 5th and 6th grade for talking in class. The first I earned (I was an obnoxious poo poo), the second I didn't (the entire class was an obnoxious poo poo and I happened to make a minor commotion at the wrong time). If I had gotten a Verschwärfter Verweis in grade 10 and a reporter had asked me about past infraction, I should have detailed those two and their circumstances too, I guess.

Spoilers: Verweise matter jackshit.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

I got two Verweise in 5th and 6th grade for talking in class. The first I earned (I was an obnoxious poo poo), the second I didn't (the entire class was an obnoxious poo poo and I happened to make a minor commotion at the wrong time). If I had gotten a Verschwärfter Verweis in grade 10 and a reporter had asked me about past infraction, I should have detailed those two and their circumstances too, I guess.

Während meiner Ausbildung war die Berufsschule von so hoher "Qualität", dass ich in Programmieren 'ne 1 bekam obwohl ich im Unterricht im Internet gesurft habe. Ach ja, an manchen Tagen habe ich den Blockunterricht auch total geschwänzt.

Meine Schule hat daraufhin meinem Arbeitgeber schriftliche Verweise geschickt. Mein Arbeitgeber gab die Verweise ungelesen an mich weiter und ich habe sie dann pflichtgemäß in einen Ordner gepackt. Den Ordner habe ich nach erfolgreichem Bestehen meiner Abschlussprüfung dann weggeschmissen.

Verweise are worthless.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Simply Simon posted:

Libluini posted:

Verweise are worthless.
Verweise matter as a measure of how long your rebellious-youth-peen is.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Personally I'm laughing so hard at the teachers and students that apparently got trolled so hard they had to call the police. "Please make him stop ridiculing our beloved Bundeswehr."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pand posted:

Personally I'm laughing so hard at the teachers and students that apparently got trolled so hard they had to call the police. "Please make him stop ridiculing our beloved Bundeswehr."

Kid has a bright future on the Internet.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I actually had a physics teacher at my Bavarian Gymnasium who boasted all the time about him getting a Verweis for boycotting the Bundeswehr events when he was a pupil. He's a Studiendirektor now.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I think throughout my whole school days only two people in my Jahrgang ever got a Verweis: a friend of mine pretended to be sick but actually partied it up at Roskilde, and some dude accidentally broke a door in half. (Yeah.) But we were a pretty chill school. I was an annoying little poo poo with a problem with authority and I never even got so far as being sent to the dean.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
When they want to get rid of someone, that's one of the ways.

Source: In 6th grade I got a Tadel for asking a teacher his shoe size.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
During a school trip to Austria a few of my class mates got a Verweis for stealing Pokemon cards from a local shop and calling Austria a "tiny third world country" in front of the cashier.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Another classmate got a Verweis for gluing his mother's signature on a Schulaufgabe in which he got a 6.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Honj Steak posted:

During a school trip to Austria a few of my class mates got a Verweis for stealing Pokemon cards from a local shop and calling Austria a "tiny third world country" in front of the cashier.

Speaking truth to power, shameful that they would get a Verweis for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
5 x no homework per half year = Tadel
7 x = Verweis

the good old days.