Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CornHolio posted:

Why is the air intake located such that a small puddle will hydrolock the engine?
Spiked tyres imply ice racing, so any small puddles will be frozen. Problem solved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Crosspost from the GIF thread:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Maybe a little low for some tastes but the fitment is perfect and those wheels are fly as hell. Anyone know what they are?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Sudo Echo posted:

Maybe a little low for some tastes but the fitment is perfect and those wheels are fly as hell. Anyone know what they are?

They look like BBS K3s, i think WaterCooled Industries makes those ones, or very similar.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They are called BBS RS Turbo Fans, but those are not real because they are one piece, actually concave, etc etc. Those are Rota RM100 or Avid.1 AV-17. They are most likely 16x8 +20, or there abouts. I miss my E30 already.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 16, 2015

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

They are called BBS RS Turbo Fans, but those are not real because they are one piece, actually concave, etc etc. Those are Rota RM100 or Avid.1 AV-17. They are most likely 16x8 +20, or there abouts. I miss my E30 already.

After googling those wheels, I'm pretty sure those are the Avid.1 AV-17s.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

bandman posted:

After googling those wheels, I'm pretty sure those are the Avid.1 AV-17s.

I'm assuming that they're the same trash-tier as Rota from the prices. I wish that someone made something at least... reminiscent of the real thing for a reasonable price instead of the options being a) get horrid poo poo that'll break in three months or b) spend two grand on something to attach to your wheels that cost two grand to start with.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

'Straya m8

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Zeether posted:

Crosspost from the GIF thread:

kids these days don't know how to drive in a straight line.. jk jk

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I seriously cannot wait for the new episode of Roadkill :stare:

Also, can't help but feel like Das Volk needs to see this :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Elbow hanging out the window is amazing.

"No big deal, done this before." :smug:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sinestro posted:

I'm assuming that they're the same trash-tier as Rota from the prices. I wish that someone made something at least... reminiscent of the real thing for a reasonable price instead of the options being a) get horrid poo poo that'll break in three months or b) spend two grand on something to attach to your wheels that cost two grand to start with.

They won't break in two months. They may be heavy, but they aren't dangerous.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Sinestro posted:

BlackMK4 posted:

They won't break in two months. They may be heavy, but they aren't dangerous.

Heard this before, but which Rotas actually break? I know a few people who run Rotas, some on drift/track cars and so far none have randomly disintegrated.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Mooseykins posted:

Heard this before, but which Rotas actually break? I know a few people who run Rotas, some on drift/track cars and so far none have randomly disintegrated.

People post random pictures with no backstory :v: Wheels are consumables on track cars.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mooseykins posted:

Gonna side with MK4 on this. Track cars shouldn't be the benchmark for what items are supposed to be worthy of regular use.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Wasabi the J posted:

Gonna side with MK4 on this. Track cars shouldn't be the benchmark for what items are supposed to be worthy of regular use.
My friend's MX5 with Rotas slid sideways into a kerb (ice) and the wheels took the full force of the impact side on, and whilst they are damaged, they are still functional.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Colin McRae used to do this after winning a race. I miss that crazy Scots bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7BxU0VCJVM

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Memento posted:

Colin McRae used to do this after winning a race. I miss that crazy Scots bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7BxU0VCJVM

The best donuts are quad donuts on ice or mud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXLIUxahC6g

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

angryhampster posted:

...you can't say 'best' anything in the same sentence as the word 'quad' unless it's something along the lines of; "what's the best way to look like I'm terrible at making purchasing decisions, it's buying a quad, right?"

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

88h88 posted:

...you can't say 'best' anything in the same sentence as the word 'quad' unless it's something along the lines of; "what's the best way to look like I'm terrible at making purchasing decisions, it's buying a quad, right?"

Whoa whoa whoa buddy. Quads, or as we call them around here "Four Wheelers" or "Whillers" (depending on how many teeth you have) are awesome.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

88h88 posted:

What's wrong with them? I spent a great deal of my teenage years riding my Yamaha Warrior:

After I sold it, my parents still invited me to go with them as they have 2 quads and a UTV.

This has led us to amazing places:

and fun challenges:

..and some of the best camping meals I've ever eaten. You're a naysayer and that is a dopey opinion.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think he meant to type "Boat" and not "quad"

Honest mistake

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

angryhampster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgis86sH3rI

:smugbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Apologies for hitting a nerve. 99% of quads I get to see is this kinda shite and it's this that my tirade was aimed at...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

88h88 posted:

Apologies for hitting a nerve. 99% of quads I get to see is this kinda shite and it's this that my tirade was aimed at...

Meh you can't hate all Nissan S13s because some douchebags put 45" wide wheels on them either.

Also we found out last year that you should NOT jump a 4x4 Deere Gator:

They are nose heavy.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I love the Polaris Rangers as long as I don't have to pay for one out of my own pocket. :v:

All chinese toy quads can gladly be destroyed in a fiery wreck though.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 17, 2015

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

88h88 posted:

Yea that thing is pretty poo poo, though I'm jealous that in euroland you can make them road legal.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Collateral Damage posted:

I love the Polaris Rangers as long as I don't have to pay for one out of my own pocket. :v:

All chinese toy quads that can gladly be destroyed in a fiery wreck though.

Best way to get around Afghan, I guarantee it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea that thing is pretty poo poo, though I'm jealous that in euroland you can make them road legal.

It's Europe's answer to the brotruck.

You can have a road legal one, but only cunts ride them on the roads.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Quantifier: Imagine the twattiest loud-pipes-save-lives, helmets-are-for-pussies, HayaBROsa bro! Bro you can. Now imagine they can't actually ride something with two wheels, put them on a sink estate, and give them a 2wd quad lowered on road tyres. Liberally apply cans of Monster and release onto the road at 2am.

Luckily, you can also get proper off-road ATVs registered for road use. It's a nice side effect of EU legislative harmonisation. Previously, it was a similar "agricultural use" deal to that applied to tractors, limiting you to short distances between private land.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Quantifier: Imagine the twattiest loud-pipes-save-lives, helmets-are-for-pussies, HayaBROsa bro! Bro you can. Now imagine they can't actually ride something with two wheels, put them on a sink estate, and give them a 2wd quad lowered on road tyres. Liberally apply cans of Monster and release onto the road at 2am.
Those are three awesome sentences.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Quad-bikes are loving lethal.

I drive them on the roads all the time, and on tracks (work on a farm). Really have to be on your game if you wanna go fast on one. And not die.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

Yes, exactly this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Yup, pretty much why I hate them. One drove past my house every weekday at 7.10am for months and disturbed my peaceful napping after my alarm went off. It was so obnoxiously loud too, my house is maybe 300m from the bottom of a main artery onto the ring road and it's super straight meaning people in fast cars really give it some but even the very loudest car and superbike were no loving match for this thing.

Strangely, the noise stopped after a while. I imagine he managed to off himself or at least total the quad as from the sound of the thing he couldn't handle it at all, throttle was never held for more than a second at a time.

If he ded then RIP but it's you're own fault, dude.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Quad-bikes are loving lethal.

I drive them on the roads all the time, and on tracks (work on a farm). Really have to be on your game if you wanna go fast on one. And not die.

I have never understood why people say "quad bike." It fundamentally makes no sense.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

angryhampster posted:

I have never understood why people say "quad bike." It fundamentally makes no sense.

It's a NZ/Aussie/UK term.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't have a lot of experience on ATVs, don't know how to ride a motorcycle, etc etc.

One of my friends bought their aging father one of these for his birthday a few years back: http://can-am.brp.com/off-road/atv/renegade/renegade-x-xc/specs.html

His is a 900, so it must be the previous generation. Regardless, it has something like 90 horsepower and is absolutely batshit crazy. We took it out when he bought it, and I nearly killed myself several times blasting through the twisty dirt roads around his dads place in the desert. That thing got up to 60mph in no time and I really probably should have died with how stupid I was riding it.

gently caress, it was fun.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

angryhampster posted:

All I know is, they better have eight loving wheels. loving 'straya

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

You forgot the best quad donut:

But quads are lame since they have two too many wheels :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Courtesy, as usual, of Imgur.