Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Holy hell, everyone watch the video in this article. They spend 2 minutes talking about how important the educational history DVD series is, and how they got great animators and historians to make it for them. Then they play a clip, and it's horrible. Not that you'd expect anything different, of course, but it's astonishingly bad.

edit: I also really want to know what's going on behind the camera at 4:15 when the guy suddenly looks very afraid when looking toward the producers.

Those kids had the chance to shoot Hitler and they didn't take it. Who's the real appeasers now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Radish posted:

Those kids had the chance to shoot Hitler and they didn't take it. Who's the real appeasers now?

Not to mention the fact that actual historians have sympathized with Chamberlain's decisions since the '50s, and a good chunk seem to agree that he made the right decision not to declare war in '38.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 17, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Proposition Joe posted:

You're right, liberals are huge fans of The Wire.

...Littlefinger?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Not to mention the fact that actual historians have sympathized with Chamberlain's decisions since the '50s, and a majority seem to agree that he made the right decision not to declare war in '38.

That sounds like pussy talk to me.

The one on their Youtube channel is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbvMCstEwI

The Founders of the US fought the evil Oliver Cromwell to save the Christmas spirit.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 17, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SirKibbles posted:

Quick somebody find that pick of O' Malley on horseback it's super cheesy.

Which one?

Yes, he owns multiple 1812-era uniforms.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Radish posted:

The Founders of the US fought the evil Oliver Cromwell to save the Christmas spirit.

The best one of these surfaced on Wonkette (I think) about 4 years ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5RbQYEX1-U

A kid in a red stormtrooper helmet teams up with the Reagan puppet from
Spitting Image to fight Disco Godfather and John Hinckley.

De Nomolos fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 17, 2015

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

...Littlefinger?

Yup, same actor played a politician on The Wire.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

De Nomolos posted:

The best one of these surfaced on Wonkette (I think) about 4 years ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5RbQYEX1-U

A kid in a red stormtrooper helmet teams up with the Reagan puppet from
Spitting Image to fight Disco Godfather.

Hahah I forgot all about Disco guy.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Radish posted:

Disabling comments on a history video is actually a pretty perfect encapsulation of how they think the discipline works (or should work).

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Radish posted:

Hahah I forgot all about Disco guy.

MILLIONS UNEMPLOYED BY BLACKS INVENTION, DISCO

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

This is how they depict you when they like you. I want to find more of these just so I can see what kinds of caricatures they make for people they dislike. If this series is still around in 30 years they'll have some pretty choice portrayals of Obama and Pelosi, I'm sure.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Not to mention the fact that actual historians have sympathized with Chamberlain's decisions since the '50s, and a good chunk seem to agree that he made the right decision not to declare war in '38.

Ain't nobody care about what them high-falutin' intellectuals think *spits tobacco juice into cistern*

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Joementum posted:

Which one?

Yes, he owns multiple 1812-era uniforms.

Yeah, this man can not be President in a world where these men could not be President:

Wait a minute, goddamnit Bush! You ruined the point I was trying to make.

Also, I just realized that Kerry looks just like Malcolm Tucker in that pic. Crazy. If only he was Malcolm Tucker.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That picture of Kerry windsurfing is as badass as I've ever seen him look. Dukakis just looks like a goober.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Kerry's fuckin jacked.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
It's true. Windsurfing doesn't deserve the derision. It's hard as gently caress.

I should have gone with this:

That is some drat effective political advertising. I remember that and I was as hardcore NO BUSH as they come back in 2004, but it still gave me pause.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Holy hell, everyone watch the video in this article. They spend 2 minutes talking about how important the educational history DVD series is, and how they got great animators and historians to make it for them. Then they play a clip, and it's horrible. Not that you'd expect anything different, of course, but it's astonishingly bad.

edit: I also really want to know what's going on behind the camera at 4:15 when the guy suddenly looks very afraid when looking toward the producers.

The video was published two years ago, and has only been viewed 449 times. Wow, good market reach you guys have there.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Nth Doctor posted:

The video was published two years ago, and has only been viewed 449 times. Wow, good market reach you guys have there.

They also didn't bother to give proper titles to some of the videos on the channel: "CBA DVD Take 3", "ONUG Preview no music5", "LOHPreview"

"Mike Huckabee":

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

agent_wildflower posted:

e: v America would elect a President Camacho.

A man who would put himself at risk to personally intervene when the Justice system is about to punish an innocent man, who brought in the experts and listened to them rather than playing politics, who had a series of domestic achievements that improved the lives of the populace and didn't engage in bullshit wars? A president who supported the arts and his funding of which led to a new Renaissance? Who was so deft in his successes he was able to ensure a successor who solidifies and built on them?

Hell I'd vote for President Camacho. We could do a lot worse

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Radish posted:

Of course they'd be monarchists.

What the gently caress though. Cromwell died in 1658, why the hell is George Washington fighting at Trenton to bring back the Church of England and arglejsfhdfjhfjs

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

A man who would put himself at risk to personally intervene when the Justice system is about to punish an innocent man, who brought in the experts and listened to them rather than playing politics, who had a series of domestic achievements that improved the lives of the populace and didn't engage in bullshit wars? A president who supported the arts and his funding of which led to a new Renaissance? Who was so deft in his successes he was able to ensure a successor who solidifies and built on them?

Hell I'd vote for President Camacho. We could do a lot worse

He also stuck it to Top Carolina which I can respect.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

What the gently caress though. Cromwell died in 1658, why the hell is George Washington fighting at Trenton to bring back the Church of England and arglejsfhdfjhfjs

I believe it was the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who said "Secularism anywhere in history is a threat to religion everywhere in history."

e: I realize Cromwell's regime wasn't secular. Whatever.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

In "Using private emails when conducting state business is only bad when Democratic candidates do it, Progress Michigan discovered that Governor Rick Snyder was forwarding state business emails to Jeb Bush's private email account.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"Gimme your money!"

by signing up for these free DVDs

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Cognac McCarthy posted:

This is how they depict you when they like you. I want to find more of these just so I can see what kinds of caricatures they make for people they dislike. If this series is still around in 30 years they'll have some pretty choice portrayals of Obama and Pelosi, I'm sure.

Rocky Marciano?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

They also didn't bother to give proper titles to some of the videos on the channel: "CBA DVD Take 3", "ONUG Preview no music5", "LOHPreview"

"Mike Huckabee":

Jared from Subway?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The last line in this really makes the whole thing: GOP Builds Full-Scale Replica Of Struggling Ohio Town To Train Presidential Hopefuls

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

It's true. Windsurfing doesn't deserve the derision. It's hard as gently caress.

I should have gone with this:

That is some drat effective political advertising. I remember that and I was as hardcore NO BUSH as they come back in 2004, but it still gave me pause.

Anti-Hillary campaign strategy spotted.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Quidam Viator posted:

Oh come on, I can't be the first to weigh in on these quality fat jokes! I liked them, at least...

:golfclap:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

In "Using private emails when conducting state business is only bad when Democratic candidates do it, Progress Michigan discovered that Governor Rick Snyder was forwarding state business emails to Jeb Bush's private email account.

Did Progress Michigan discover this after Jeb doxxed Rick Snyder?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Did Progress Michigan discover this after Jeb doxxed Rick Snyder?

No, they discovered it after receiving emails through an FOIA request for another purpose.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I have no artistic talent, but I know better than to make a cartoon that looks like you looked at the idea of rotoscoping and left out the part where you trace over live actors.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Sorry, Onion, reality's got you beat on this one

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Drakengard!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul is going to announce his Presidential campaign on April 7 in Louisville, outside the Galt House (of course).

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

quote:

The event will prominently feature Kentucky in an effort to capture the historic nature of the announcement for the state. That also dovetails with the desire of Paul's budding campaign team to build a sense of state pride around his candidacy

perhaps what's left of Mayor Jerry's mafia will get 'im

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 18, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Meet Jim Dornan, the national field director of Ben Carson’s presidential exploratory committee:

quote:

@hardball_chris I'm looking forward to McConnell shoving his fist up Obama's rear end. Although, he will, no doubt, like it. #tcot

quote:

Thugs will be thugs. #Ferguson

quote:

The only chickenshit in the Middle East crap is the dipshit in the WH. @BarackObama #tcot #Israel #Bibi #Netanyahu #Midterms2014 #Obama

quote:

@BarackObama Bend over, bitch. Castro's driving. #tcot

quote:

@StephenKing Ur a pretty sick gently caress. We know that. Now you're an rear end in a top hat too? Immorality and Stupidity make Stephen a dull boy

quote:

I'm beginning to think this President is a complete sociopath. #Obama

Charming fellow.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The President is a complete sociopath

*mocks homosexuals and women, and humans in general*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Did they really put a "DISCO" shirt on the black guy robber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Did they really put a "DISCO" shirt on the black guy robber?

Blacks also killed Disco with their hippity hop, makes sense they'd also kill your white loved ones.

• Locked thread