Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Lord Frisk posted:

It's criticism of a costume in the costume thread. What's not to get?

E: also, you care. You care a lot.

I must defend her honor and her choice to not use a straightedge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

jmistajay posted:

What're you two trying to accomplish here? Like, for reals. Is there an unspoken mark of quality you expect out of the something awful dot com Cosplay Photos Thread that's not being met? Do you think she's reading the thread and will take your constructive criticism to heart? Is it just a goon thing since it's hard to argue in here about what is and is not cosplay (like in the Schadenfreude thread), we resort to arguing about what is and is not GOOD cosplay? Who cares?
In case you haven't noticed goons tend to address people in their posts even when they know those people will never, ever read them. Webcomic threads, d&d politoons thread, some of the sports threads, various threads in games. This isn't exactly a new thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Post things, not words.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

Post things

*posts picture of woman*

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

a picture is a thing :colbert:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

He treats objects like women, man!

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

He treats objects like women, man!

I don't get it, its just a picture of Jeff Bridges. :confused:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodnose posted:

*posts picture of woman*

You forgot to post a thing.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Say Nothing posted:

post a thing

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Impressive attention to detail, especially with the gun.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

The Colonel is not to be messed with.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

I'd watch that.
Or, ideally, I'd read that, since it'd make a better comic than show (or, if you prefer, a better manga than anime)

But, are they inspired by anything in particular?
I know that if I was making something like that, being a lazy and uncreative sort, I'd 'heavily borrow' from 'professional' art.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

It's the details that make it.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

aerion111 posted:

But, are they inspired by anything in particular?
I know that if I was making something like that, being a lazy and uncreative sort, I'd 'heavily borrow' from 'professional' art.

That's the Ronald McDonald version of Sephiroth, the final boss from Final Fantasy VII getting ready to square off against a Col. Sanders version of Cloud Strife, the protagonist.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

it all comes doubling down, doubling down, doubling down

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Hremsfeld posted:

That's the Ronald McDonald version of Sephiroth, the final boss from Final Fantasy VII getting ready to square off against a Col. Sanders version of Cloud Strife, the protagonist.

Because there's always going to be someone who thinks "hey I could do that, but cooler." (spoilers: They're wrong) Not too long ago that picture made the rounds with the swords photoshopped into lightsabres, and some not so witty comment about how "I dunno what's going on here, but Japan is awesome!" or something. :jerkbag:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Say Nothing posted:

That damned leotard was the biggest thing that bugged me about the show.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

in what way?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Pointless sexualization of yet another woman

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think she spends more time naked than wearing that leotard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's the movie, not Stand Alone Complex. Different continuities. Second Gig at least had her in her tactical suit most of the time.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

More or less Shirow Masamune's MO.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/gallery/tLRBa

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Arcsquad12 posted:

It was just dumb looking.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Internet Wizard posted:

Nice troll. :frogout:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Say Nothing posted:

Look at this woman sexualizing herself pointlessly, has she no shame? and doesn't she know her tastes aren't the greatest???

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Say Nothing posted:

Her face bears a slight resemblance to Carrie Brownstein.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Arcsquad12 posted:

Internet Wizard posted:

reminder that this is a picture of an adult woman who went out of her way to dress like that on purpose. sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

That's the movie, not Stand Alone Complex. Different continuities. Second Gig at least had her in her tactical suit most of the time.

They actually quietly added pants to her standard outfit about midway through the first season, so someone on the development team must've realized how silly it was too.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

TenementFunster posted:

reminder that this is a picture of an adult woman who went out of her way to dress like that on purpose. sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative!

Good thing he was talking about the original cartoon then!

Morons.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah, because sex is gross (when chicks do it). Any woman who is sexualized in pop culture has some major issues or is just jerk-off material for dudes. No way a lady would want to be sexy because it's enjoyable. Those chicks who cosplay sexy characters, they're so oppressed! It's not like they had a choice! Please, would some white knight come save these innocent, pure women from their suffering?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, because sex is gross (when chicks do it). Any woman who is sexualized in pop culture has some major issues or is just jerk-off material for dudes. No way a lady would want to be sexy because it's enjoyable. Those chicks who cosplay sexy characters, they're so oppressed! It's not like they had a choice! Please, would some white knight come save these innocent, pure women from their suffering?

I know nerds are generally incapable of understanding or appreciating anything, but how much paint have you huffed to think that cartoons are real people?

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I know nerds are generally incapable of understanding or appreciating anything, but how much paint have you huffed to think that cartoons are real people?

Pretty much.

There was zero reason for that character to be designed to be sexy other than "hurray T&A", which is objectifying.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

:hist101:

(Though I thought we were here to sperg about costumes)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Look at all these new posts. I wonder what's going- :stare:

If you idiots are going to argue about the link between cosplay & objectifying the subject, at least post pics.

At least her husband also cosplays too.

The lesson here is that the couple that cosplays together, stays together.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nothing you say will convince me that Old Snake isn't a woman in drag.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i bet his butt isn't nearly sculpted enough to be old snake

Picnic Princess posted:

fuckin laffo

Alaois has a new favorite as of 12:26 on Mar 19, 2015

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Android Bicyclist posted:

Look at all these new posts. I wonder what's going- :stare:

If you idiots are going to argue about the link between cosplay & objectifying the subject, at least post pics.

I always thought it was weird how sexulized the characters in Evangelion were since the show clearly states they're all 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dr_Amazing posted:

I always thought it was weird how sexulized the characters in Evangelion were since the show clearly states they're all 14.

Come on, how is it "weird" for a show to depict a fourteen-year-old boy jerking off to a fourteen-year-old coma girl's tits in her hospital room :rolleyes:

• Locked thread