Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I call it The Spider.

I think this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Demolishing all the abandoned industrial buildings helped, and now the city's population has bounded up to 14k. This dunes map is quite the thing!

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Help. I'm pretty sure I've spent more time modelling buildings for this game than actually playing this game.

I was musing about how I always wanted to model a certain building from Die Hard. Then musing turned into MUST BUILD THIS.

I give you Nakitomi Plaza. This was fun to model.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409705124

I've got a problem.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Enos Shenk posted:

I've got a problem.

I don't think you do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Enos Shenk posted:

Help. I'm pretty sure I've spent more time modelling buildings for this game than actually playing this game.

I was musing about how I always wanted to model a certain building from Die Hard. Then musing turned into MUST BUILD THIS.

I've got a problem.

Yeah. The problem is that you're not doing more.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is that a monument plopable or a high-density commercial or office building?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Enos Shenk posted:

This is amazing, keep it up! :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Enos Shenk posted:

I've got a problem.

I hope you added a secret modifier to make crime 1000% more likely in the vicinity of the building.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Have you uploaded that lookup table yet?

I haven't, because I'm... making another lut. What the hell is wrong with me?

Ofaloaf posted:

Demolishing all the abandoned industrial buildings helped, and now the city's population has bounded up to 14k. This dunes map is quite the thing!

Awesome, very rewarding seeing someone use my map!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Bought this game and it was everything I wanted, 10/10

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Enos Shenk posted:

I've got a problem.

if you had fun and dropped a nostalgia bomb on most of this game's audience, you got no problems. keep it up

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
This really is three games. Making your own poo poo to put into the game, spending a shitload of time looking through everyone else's poo poo on the workshop, and if you're lucky, playing the actual game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'm still on the edge on this after the disaster of a game that shouldn't be spoken about in polite company, so I ask of three things.
Are there any youtube channels that has actually competent people playing this game? I got linked Day9's stream of it the other day and it was the most infuriating thing I've ever watched :v:
What's the worst bug you've had?
Can you turn off the loving tweetdeck thing :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The tweets are occasionally uselful since they notify me about lack of power, water or dead people piling up, but there's so much spammy junk in them too.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Nalesh posted:

I'm still on the edge on this after the disaster of a game that shouldn't be spoken about in polite company, so I ask of three things.
Are there any youtube channels that has actually competent people playing this game? I got linked Day9's stream of it the other day and it was the most infuriating thing I've ever watched :v:

There is a good twitch stream from a goon that someone has handy.
I haven't had anything really bad buggy, but there is an issue if you plop too many parks that will kill commerce, but there's workarounds.
There's a mod for that

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nalesh posted:

The Paradox Interactive Twitch channel has a livestream recording that's good. The worst bug I have encountered is some problems with roads and making weird shapes. I believe that you can turn off the Chirps. I don't notice them.

Buy this game.

Freakus
Oct 21, 2000
Holy poo poo. I redid my bus system. Nothing creates a traffic jam like all 500 buses returning to the single depot at once.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

help i cant stop loving playing this game

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I want to get this game but man, some of those road layouts makes my head hurt. I just know my highways are gonna be a spaghetti mess when I start playing this.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

The tweets are occasionally uselful since they notify me about lack of power, water or dead people piling up, but there's so much spammy junk in them too.

There's a mod for that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SynthOrange posted:

i made a cheat city where I built up a bunch of poo poo and then proceeded to flood the entire thing with dams.

There were tweets, as the water was engulfing the city, about how beautiful the city is and how great of a mayor I am. You have some low standards folks.

I wish there were actual disasters though. Have them be a thing you can turn on and off, but there needs to be like tornados and poo poo that can destroy parts of the city

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

I want to get this game but man, some of those road layouts makes my head hurt. I just know my highways are gonna be a spaghetti mess when I start playing this.

That just means you're playing it right.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's already disasters in the game. It's called my highway system.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Geirskogul posted:

There's a mod for that.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Cities: Skylines - There's a mod for that.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Freakus posted:

Holy poo poo. I redid my bus system. Nothing creates a traffic jam like all 500 buses returning to the single depot at once.

This busway system works great, have a metro hooked up to it as well. I'm not sure how to hookup garbage to the depot and fire department though.

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:
Somebody should make a mod for this game where ISIS rolls into your town and imposes religious law.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ok is there a reason why all of the heavy industrial traffic absolutely refuses to use the middle overpass here

I've seen smaller traffic use it but all of the industrial vehicles moving left always go down to the original interchange and do a u-turn to come back and take the offramp to the industrial zone

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like that Mirrors Edge filter

An Ice Cream shop for every resident

Couple others of the only city I've managed to get a decent population and also decent traffic.

Key to manageable traffic is neighborhoods and downloading non-lovely off ramps from the workshop. I've been trying to add as much user created zone buildings because there seems to not be much variety.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 18, 2015

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Bolow posted:

Ok is there a reason why all of the heavy industrial traffic absolutely refuses to use the middle overpass here

I've seen smaller traffic use it but all of the industrial vehicles moving left always go down to the original interchange and do a u-turn to come back and take the offramp to the industrial zone
This is just a guess, but maybe it has to do with road speed?

Try changing that middle off ramp from two lane one-way road to a highway ramp and see if trucks take it then.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

This is just a guess, but maybe it has to do with road speed?

Try changing that middle off ramp from two lane one-way road to a highway ramp and see if trucks take it then.

It's a two lane one-way in that picture. Like I've seen other smaller vehicles use it but the heavy semis absolutely refuse to go on it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Reason posted:

Key to manageable traffic is neighborhoods and downloading non-lovely off ramps from the workshop. I've been trying to add as much user created zone buildings because there seems to not be much variety.

Unfortunately like 95% of the premade intersections are useless on maps with any hills at all.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

HardDisk posted:

There's a real dearth of sceenshots and fan art in the OP, can you guys give me a hand there? :)

Also, I'm starting another list with goon cities, if you think your city is cool or whatever feel free to post (or repost)

I'm also (trying to) keeping track of goon-made mods and prefabs/buildings but I'm behind on it as well. :negative:

Sure :)

Inchun Metropolitan Area, Jodhnagar Metropolitan area (needs the flavourtext descriptions).

My more popular mods.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Unfortunately like 95% of the premade intersections are useless on maps with any hills at all.

The reason for that is the elevated pedestrian walkways and roads. The former especially, is a complete bitch to use when any change in elevation is present. I've had to re-do whole walkways systems because I kept demolishing pieces trying to connect them.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Bolow posted:

It's a two lane one-way in that picture. Like I've seen other smaller vehicles use it but the heavy semis absolutely refuse to go on it.
Right. What I'm saying is replace the road with a highway ramp (third icon in the fourth road tab).

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
If you give up, I heard a tip to try a micro district just on the ramp you don't want trucks to use that bans heavy vehicles.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
How do growables work as mods? I want to make some Level 2 and 3 hi-tech industrial buildings (IC fabrication plants; something woefully missing from this game) to go with a unique ploppable I also had in mind, but I'm not sure if just making the asset makes them work, or you need to be careful with settings.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Which map is that?

There you go: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406001868

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So after it's out been a week and the new-toy shine starts to wear off, is this still worth :20bux::10bux: ?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Chewbot posted:

I haven't, because I'm... making another lut. What the hell is wrong with me?

Please upload the boreal table, I need this in my game now. Also, I subscribe to all your stuff because it owns. Keep it up!

e: also please make a retro neon filter tia

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 18, 2015

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Hadlock posted:

So after it's out been a week and the new-toy shine starts to wear off, is this still worth :20bux::10bux: ?

quote:

Cities: Skylines - YOU SHOULD PURCHASE THIS GAME, YOU WON'T REGRET THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So, I saw a mars map posted earlier in the thread. How long does it look like it'll be before there's enough hab domes, arcologies and space ports on the workshop to go with it?