Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

I watched the entire black portion legit, and then since the rest was blank I opened it in photoshop to see if anything was left and nope, that's it.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

http://fat.gfycat.com/ForsakenGenerousCoypu.webm
http://zippy.gfycat.com/ImaginativeShadyGemsbuck.webm

http://i.imgur.com/itmOMiI.gifv

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Mar 17, 2015

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I know this isn't the ideal thread to ask but does anyone have a link to something that explains how to get those corrupted video effects where the video sort of freezes up and it can end up looking like a drat nightmare? I'm having no luck googling it and I could really use it for a project.

edit: vvv Much obliged, you three!

davidspackage has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Mar 17, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

davidspackage posted:

I know this isn't the ideal thread to ask but does anyone have a link to something that explains how to get those corrupted video effects where the video sort of freezes up and it can end up looking like a drat nightmare? I'm having no luck googling it and I could really use it for a project.

The word you're looking for is 'datamoshing'. Hopefully you can find what you need with it!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

davidspackage posted:

It's called datamoshing. There look to be tons of tutorials online. Good luck!

e: :argh:

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

davidspackage posted:

Sorry to link you to reddit but

http://www.reddit.com/r/brokenanimegifs/wiki/tutorial

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Karate Bastard posted:

From a few pages back, but thanks for the link! That was amazing and one of the best pieces of music I know, but my pet jap guy says you're trolling, and that Kawai-san is actually the mop looking dude slightly stage left between choir and conductor, in center view 0:59--1:06 and in a closeup at 1:07.

No, he's right. I don't know how I confused the two :psyduck:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lotish posted:

I have dreamed of doing this some day.

with my luck it'd be full of slugs.

Fleas and ticks.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Repo Man posted:

No, he's right. I don't know how I confused the two :psyduck:

Whew, I'm glad we were able to clear that up.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Interstellar

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Everything you know is wrong.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Google "search by image" takes a lot of the magic out of this. And adds a lot of the tits.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

the star citizen fps module looking as good as expected

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sappo569 posted:

the star citizen fps module looking as good as expected

Binary Domain. Although if Star Citizen has the same characters I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Moment taken from: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703691

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Bumblefuck! posted:

Aw, he looks so scared!

The fruit bat, I mean. He just wants to know why people put him on this weird guy.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Bumblefuck! posted:

One of my favorite movies :neckbeard: More, please!

e: Especially the scene of the butler picking up the telephone...

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What having a toddler is actually like.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Zopotantor posted:

One of my favorite movies :neckbeard: More, please!

e: Especially the scene of the butler picking up the telephone...

I made all of these a while ago, but once I get the chance to make some more, I'll see what I can do.

More from The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Linked for size http://i.imgur.com/Cnsvd45.gifv

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I would have been happy if most of the movie was these sort of scenes. Basically everything else sucked bad.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

I don't know where this came from but it reminded me of watching a rally car championship a few years back where part of the course went through a factory and the end turn required the driver to start sliding inside the factory so as to make a sharp turn coming out. It was awesome and rekindled my love of rally car, which has slowly died since then as every time i tune in it's a bunch of old tony hawk skateboarders driving around a tiny track in NJ.

It went through a factory and had a jump on the joker lap and everything. I wonder if I dreamed it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Look at the cloud of rabies he's dragging up there with him :eek: gotta be at least 1kdps of chaos damage alone in there

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bumblefuck! posted:

I made all of these a while ago, but once I get the chance to make some more, I'll see what I can do.

More from The Abominable Dr. Phibes

The clockwork band owned so much.

I hate remakes, but I would love to see a well-done remake of Dr. Phibes. It's a movie that just misses its mark and ends up being more campy than it deserves to be.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I would love to see a well-done remake of Dr. Phibes.

Well, bad news; the most recent rumors of a remake were that it is to be directed by Tim Burton and star Johnny Depp. Of course, that was a couple years ago, so who knows?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Requesting more from the cartoon.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

From a really cool indie shmup called Imalice:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I rewatched some of that show show a few weeks ago and it's amazing how bad it is with the exception of the intro, which is still owns.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kramjacks posted:

I rewatched some of that show show a few weeks ago and it's amazing how bad it is with the exception of the intro, which is still owns.

To be fair, that applies to pretty much every cartoon based on a popular movie during the late 90s and early 00s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

MizPiz posted:

To be fair, that applies to pretty much every cartoon based on a popular movie during the late 90s and early 00s.

And nearly every cartoon from the 80s. God some of them had gorgeous title animations. Too bad they spent the entire budget on them.