Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Over 50% absenteeism per half year= Verweis

Small wonder Bremen has the shittiest test scores, nobody was in to actually take the tests!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I never got a "Verweis" but that could be related to the fact that I threatened our arts teacher with contacting the supervisory body of the school in case he did not change his class to be conform to the government guidlines on arts and crafts, which meant less "paint pretty pictures" (which I sucked at) and the introduction of art history.

Generally my experience with the teachers at our school (Gymnasium in kirchlicher Trägerschaft with the option to have Latin as your first foreign language) was that teachers were leftists (SPD, Grüne) and tried to indoctrinate me with their views. Their reaction to my steadfast defense of the truth ranged from trying to ignore me, which generally did not succeed because the other students were not interested in picking a fight with me and therefore did not want to participate in class at that point, to pulling the Varoufakis/Steinbrück, if you know what I mean.

elwood posted:

5 x no homework per half year = Tadel
7 x = Verweis

the good old days.

Yeah we had that too.

Grendels Dad posted:

Over 50% absenteeism per half year= Verweis

Small wonder Bremen has the shittiest test scores, nobody was in to actually take the tests!

Is that absenteeism with reason or without? I know that our teachers "suggested" (it was really forcing) one kid to repeat a year because he was sick for 4month.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

GaussianCopula posted:

Generally my experience with the teachers at our school (Gymnasium in kirchlicher Trägerschaft with the option to have Latin as your first foreign language) was that teachers were leftists (SPD, Grüne) and tried to indoctrinate me with their views. Their reaction to my steadfast defense of the truth ranged from trying to ignore me, which generally did not succeed because the other students were not interested in picking a fight with me and therefore did not want to participate in class at that point, to pulling the Varoufakis/Steinbrück, if you know what I mean.

I get the distinct impression that you are a mirror image of the kid in question, except instead of being the insufferable twat in the classroom who was spouting left-wing viewpoints rebelliously, you were the insufferable twat in the classroom who was spouting right-wing viewpoints rebelliously.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

GaussianCopula is proof that we need more effective left-wing indoctrination.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Generally my experience with the teachers at our school (Gymnasium in kirchlicher Trägerschaft with the option to have Latin as your first foreign language) was that teachers were leftists (SPD, Grüne) and tried to indoctrinate me with their views.
I'm pretty confident that "indoctrinating" is an entirely inappropriate term here, to the extent that's probably insulting to anybody growing up in say North Korea.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

This is either stdh.txt or you were the most annoying little poo poo ever. Probably even both. Also, Kirchenschulen: well known for being super leftist.

elwood posted:

5 x no homework per half year = Tadel
7 x = Verweis

the good old days.

3x forgetting homework = Hinweis
3x Hinweis = Verweis
3x Verweis = verschärfter Verweis
3x verschärfter Verweis = have fun looking for another school

(Never got a single Verweis or even Hinweis, by the way :smug: Turns out I was really good at pretending to have done the homework :ssh:)

e: Also once a teacher wanted to give me a Hinweis, but forgot.

Honj Steak posted:

Another classmate got a Verweis for gluing his mother's signature on a Schulaufgabe in which he got a 6.

One of mine got a Verweis for crossing out the (dreadful) grades of his Zeugnis and writing better ones next to them, trying to convince his parents that it all had been a printing error by the school.

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 17, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Also, Kirchenschulen: well known for being super leftist.
It's all relative, of course.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's all relative, of course.

I should probably clarify that "leftist" in this context meant mostly Greens supporters, even our Religions teacher was less 17th century Jesuit and more Hippie, being a big fan of "Befreiungstheologie" and a big critic of the "people in Rome".

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Sounds like a cool guy imho.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pand posted:

Sounds like a cool guy imho.

For a Catholic.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

printing error by the school.

This actually happened with our Übertrittszeugnis in primary school. The school had to revoke about half of them in our class which led to three of my classmates not being able to join the Gymnasium although they had already applied. :eng99:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

GaussianCopula is proof that we need more effective left-wing indoctrination.

He could try joining the Bundeswehr. In my time there, we made fun of the Bundeswehr the entire time and every Friday in basic training was left-wing indoctrination (based on GaussianCopula's viewpoint). :v:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo, when you gently caress up THAT badly you gotta let the students keep the good grades simply out of Kulanz.

(And that's how I got all my diplomas and degrees, btw. :v: )

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

He could try joining the Bundeswehr. In my time there, we made fun of the Bundeswehr the entire time and every Friday in basic training was left-wing indoctrination (based on GaussianCopula's viewpoint). :v:

Klingt nach Luftwaffe oder Marine.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I think in Austria they gave a couple thousand people degrees by accident but decided not to fix the error because it would be too much work.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My favorite Truppengattung-chestbeating stories are those of regular, 9-month Wehrdienstleistende and ones that extended into Z-4 for no particular reason.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
10 months HG represent. Not one minute longer than I had to.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Riso posted:

I think in Austria they gave a couple thousand people degrees by accident but decided not to fix the error because it would be too much work.

That was satire being passed on as fact by a brain dead 'journalist' who actually believed that 'one of those incompetent bureaucrats' checked the wrong box for all of the students graduating high school, thus giving them all PhD titles instead of the Matura. If you fell for that poo poo, I have a bridge to sell you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Klingt nach Luftwaffe oder Marine.

Streitkräftebasis. Also beides plus Heer. EloKa Btl. 912, to be exact.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

Streitkräftebasis. Also beides plus Heer. EloKa Btl. 912, to be exact.

Du hast deinen GWD irgendwo abgeleistet wo man was fürs richtige Leben nützliches lernt anstelle dort wo man am meisten Peng Bumm auf Kosten des Steuerzahlers kriegt? Nerd. :-D

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgB-kN0GQY

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Südtiroler, die über Heimatliebe singen. Rechter geht es kaum.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich sehe nicht wirklich den rechtent Einschlag, aber ich habe auch nur zwei Videos geklickt bevor mir die Musik zu schlecht war.

Frage an die anwesenden Gutmenschen: Zählen die Bezugnahmen auf die deutschen Volkssagen in diesem Video schon als rechts? :ohdear:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What in the gently caress is this...segment?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Randler posted:

Ich sehe nicht wirklich den rechtent Einschlag, aber ich habe auch nur zwei Videos geklickt bevor mir die Musik zu schlecht war.

Frage an die anwesenden Gutmenschen: Zählen die Bezugnahmen auf die deutschen Volkssagen in diesem Video schon als rechts? :ohdear:

Wenn Du fragen musst, ist es mindestens Nazi.

quote:

What in the gently caress is this...segment?

Deutscher Humor.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Frei.Wild seems to be vaguely right wing, but so what?

And Feuerschwanz owns. Very funny and really good at live concerts. Man I really have to get tickets for the next Feuertanz Festival.

In Extremo is also extremely good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkX1iNUq6Jw

And another song about drinking insane amounts of alcohol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lka-2-5BVzM

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 17, 2015

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I remember the time people got mad about Rammstein being right-wing. (Stupid people, that is.) :corsair:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Randler posted:

I remember the time people got mad about Rammstein being right-wing. (Stupid people, that is.) :corsair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5q2C2IEBE
(if someone has a better quality version, please post it)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Rammstein explicitly said that "Links" was about how they were leftists to lay those rumours to rest

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, this certainly seems as good a time as any to segue right into Boehse Onkelz.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Frei.Wild always struck me as today's equivalent of Boehse Onkelz. Vaguely but not outright radically right-wing, popular but disliked by authorities, you can feel like you're putting one over on your teachers listening to them and wearing their shirts whether you're still in school or carrying a grudge.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 18, 2015

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Boehse Onkelz aren't right wing, just their fans. :v:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Looks like blockupy is merely the continuation of the Abwrackprämie by other means.

Thanks to all the radicals for discrediting your movement, even PEGIDA is smarter than you.

quantum_squirrel
Aug 9, 2006

No longer, it's just a "Staatliches Gymnasium" now (I went there, and I think it was the last one at least in Bavaria). You better believe there were massive amounts of drama surrounding that namechange, though :v:

Holy gently caress... someone from loving Friedberg, who went to the same Gymnasium as me (ok, changed after 8th grade to St. Anna gymnasium)

And yes, there was shitton of drama, it basically was, when i started there (1994), but poo poo really hit the fan in the last years
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/wernher-von-braun-gymnasium-paedagogisch-katastrophal-1.1846879
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/wernher-von-braun-gymnasium-schule-legt-namen-ab-1.1845358

quote:

Die ARD hatte für ihre Reportage Schüler und Lehrer befragt. Ein Gymnasiast sagte: "Okay, es sind zwar Leute gestorben, aber für viele Sachen sterben Leute. Das ist schon scheiße, aber ich finde das nicht so schlimm." Ein Physiklehrer bezeichnete von Braun gar als Vorbild: "Er war rücksichtlos im Bezug auf Durchsetzen seiner wissenschaftlichen Interessen, was es übrigens auch brauchte", so der Pädagoge, "die andere Seite ist: Er war Jahrzehnte an einem Thema dran, bis es geklappt hat. Wenn das kein Vorbild für unsere Schüler sein könnte? Ich glaube schon."

The ARD interviewed for their report pupils and teachers. One pupil said: "Okay, people have died, but people die for many causes. That is lovely, but i don't think that matters much." A physics teacher even called von Braun a role model: "He was ruthless regarding pushing his scientific intereset, which wasnecessary", so the teacher, "on the other hand: He was one the topic for years, until it worked. If that couldn't be a role model for our pupils? I think so."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The teacher and the pupil both deserve a hefty punch in the teeth. I don't care if it's with the left hand or right hand.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

"Okay, es sind zwar Leute gestorben, aber für viele Sachen sterben Leute. Das ist schon scheiße, aber ich finde das nicht so schlimm."

"Er war rücksichtlos im Bezug auf Durchsetzen seiner wissenschaftlichen Interessen, was es übrigens auch brauchte", so der Pädagoge, "die andere Seite ist: Er war Jahrzehnte an einem Thema dran, bis es geklappt hat. Wenn das kein Vorbild für unsere Schüler sein könnte? Ich glaube schon."

:eyepop:

Pol Pot Realschule
Genghis Khan Gymnasium
Joseph Stalin Waldorfschule

Pand fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 18, 2015

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pand posted:

"Er war Jahrzehnte an einem Thema dran, bis es geklappt hat. Wenn das kein Vorbild für unsere Schüler sein könnte? Ich glaube schon."

Says head teacher of Mengele School.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

"He was a fanatic, maybe that would be something our children could aspire to be as well ?!?"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department, says Wernher von Braun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Orange Devil posted:

Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department, says Wernher von Braun.
If you're already referencing it, you might as well post the whole song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDEsGZLbio