Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

From listening to Slate's podcast, I can tell everyone involved has a ton of fun making this show. I love that Emmerich said the action sequence was the thing he was most unsure about in his directorial debut, but he wound up knocking it out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Tonight on The Americans:

Philip and Elizabeth continue to struggle over the fate of Paige. Philip and Ted have to...

Wait, who is Ted again?

*Ahem* Philip and Ted have to make a huge decision concerning Project Cerberus.

Project Cerberus? Wait, I don't remember that. Ohhh....wait, was that the thing with the....you know.

But what they don't know is that Albert has already cancelled Project Cerberus

WHO THE HELL IS ALBERT?!?!

So tune in to see if Philip and Elizabeth make it to Yugoslavia in time to find the antidote.

WHAT THE CHRIST?!

TheAngryDrunk fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 19, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I will be genuinely surprised if no one suspects Martha after that scene

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
:stare: Holy poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Y'know, I'm not sad to see an apartheid sonovabitch get burned

Though having said that, got drat :stonklol:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:stare: That happened.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Holy loving poo poo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The strange wheezing that comes from a man whose lungs are suffering from a combination of overheating and smoke inhalation was not a sound I wanted to hear tonight :stare:

That said, TORCH HIS rear end.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:supaburn:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
"Hey Mom I googled your friend... "

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is one of the few issues where I agree with the Jennings.

And Paige researching on microfiche gave me flashbacks to college.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 19, 2015

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

It took me a second to remember their connection. This owns.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Welp Nina is about to be screwed, literally. Talk about an awkward reunion with the former boss.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

JohnSherman posted:

It took me a second to remember their connection. This owns.

Nice twist.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mail robot :argh:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Give that mail robot all the Emmys.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Drugs are cool Paige, you'll learn this when you're older.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Here we go

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And boom goes the dynamite.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

What exactly is he trying to salvage at this point? It's over, Phil.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Everything I'm telling you is true. Oh Phillip :allears:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

God drat, what does Martha's actress have on the writers? I can't think of any other reason why she has survived this long.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

e- Now that I've seen the whole episode, I'm calling "suicide out of guilt for her treason" by Martha at the hands of Clark.

howe_sam posted:

Y'know, I'm not sad to see an apartheid sonovabitch get burned

Though having said that, got drat :stonklol:

I was surprised to see Elizabeth's discomfort in watching that. Figured it'd be right up her alley.

And that was the least convincing Philip wig. Looked like Alice Cooper.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 19, 2015

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!
The guy they released is probably going to cause some trouble at some point right? It seemed like a bit of a lingering shot of him seeing Hans getting down from the roof while they were putting him in the van.

Looks like Martha isn't getting the No One Lives Forever Ending.

biggfoo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 19, 2015

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

biggfoo posted:

The guy they released is probably going to cause some trouble at some point right? It seemed like a bit of a lingering shot of him seeing Hans getting down from the roof while they were putting him in the van.

Yea like when the panned in on the gun, that the marine badass dude, tucked into the back of his pants to be like hey remember this for later plus the whole Eliz/ other guy disagreeing about letting him go will come back on them.

I read burning is the worst way to die, but maybe the rubber ring around you too beats even that, was kinda horrific. May have hardened the kid.

Thought Eliz was gonna try switch Hans and Philip for the young girl?

Unless Clark has real feelings for Martha kinda unsure why he didn't just snap her neck. Though saying that I didnt expect the writers to be able to get Nina back into play either so gonna stop doubting them on this one too!

Seriously best thing on TV

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

(larger versions here: http://imgur.com/a/Qd7gz)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

God drat, what does Martha's actress have on the writers? I can't think of any other reason why she has survived this long.

Seriously how is she still alive? I thought for sure Phil was going to choke her to death right there. Then again Nina is still around being useless so who knows. Maybe the writers are actually incompetent.

Mail robot owns. Reminds me of the toast robot on Archer.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If Martha dies right now that has a very real probability of shedding an uncomfortable amount of light on her private life.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

howe_sam posted:

If Martha dies right now that has a very real probability of shedding an uncomfortable amount of light on her private life.

That was my thought as well, except there's not a lot to clean up in the apartment to cover Phil's tracks. A couple photos, maybe a letter or two, and wipe up some fingerprints.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Yea, you've got to figure that they at least took some wedding photos together. Her parents probably have pictures of Clark.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

beanieson posted:

Yea, you've got to figure that they at least took some wedding photos together. Her parents probably have pictures of Clark.

But he has a wig. His disguise is foolproof and he is unrecognizable!

There is a much bigger risk of her cracking and turning him in. Next time he goes over there a bunch of FBI agents could be waiting.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What's going down with Stan while he's at the Memorial service? They've kept this in the orbiting plots for several episodes now, so I'm curious as to what he's going to uncover. Is there a chance he discovers corrupt agents and gets his faith in the FBI significantly unmoored? Really curious as to why they're focusing on a trip where he removes himself from the other primary players unless there's something significant going on with that story.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But he has a wig. His disguise is foolproof and he is unrecognizable!

There is a much bigger risk of her cracking and turning him in. Next time he goes over there a bunch of FBI agents could be waiting.

Yeah, there's no way Philip would continue on with Martha after what just happened.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

JohnSherman posted:

How about "she's really good and the basic premise of an emotionally volatile FBI secretary married to a KGB agent's bookish alter ego for intelligence gathering purposes is hugely entertaining"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was convinced he was going to kill her

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

GimpChimp posted:

How about "she's really good and the basic premise of an emotionally volatile FBI secretary married to a KGB agent's bookish alter ego for intelligence gathering purposes is hugely entertaining"

Yeah, it's gotta take skill to play a character gullible enough to be in that situation in the first place and have it feel genuine. It's to her credit that I've been dreading finally seeing her figuring things out.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Martha buying a gun and getting lessons shooting will probably mean something.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It will force Phillip to shoot her.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I was convinced he was going to kill her

I am not surprised he didn't, though. A lot of this season has been showing Phillip becoming uncomfortable doing a lot of the things he has to do in his line of work, and throughout the entire show he's been cast as the softer and more emotional one of the two. Just earlier that day, he watched a guy horrifically burn to death, and it probably made him a lot less eager to murder a woman that he knows very well and who is genuinely in love with him.

It's actually kind of a parallel to his relationship with Kimmie -- choosing an easier path that has a large chance at backfiring just because the most obvious solution is so unpalatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

And as several have pointed out, taking Martha out of the equation draws an astronomical amount of attention and scrutiny that they absolutely do not need. If she has to go, then they will probably have to third party that out to an independent contractor.

• Locked thread