Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hamas' continued pursuit of unacceptable policy has killed what was left of Oslo, and Israel has elected a government that recognizes this failure while seeking to move forward with future policy.

The voters of Israel have spoken, and they have elected a coalition that views a one-state solution as a more tenable policy for implementation towards the goal of peace and stability in the mideast than the continuation of outdated, decades-old, dead accords.

The responsible position for elected members in America to take is to accept that the accords have failed and move forward with real-world, workable policies, rather than idealistically looking back on the impossible and hoping that, this time, they'll work.

You say that Israel is the most American country of all- but that's where you go wrong and show your lack of loyalty. America is the most American country. It's the only one that really matters, all other national interests are expendable, it's high time we made Israel realize this. Time to give Chickenshit his due- an 'accidental' hellfire missile on his motorcade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Democratic election does not, by itself, make a government legitimate.

Actually, no, that's precisely what makes a democratic government legi... oh wait, who am I replying to?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Lum_ posted:

Actually, no, that's precisely what makes a democratic government legi... oh wait, who am I replying to?

I had exactly this conversation with some rear end in a top hat on youtube when they tried saying hamas and hezbollah weren't really democratically elected and hey hitler was elected too and yeah uh come back after you read a loving book you hayseed.

Before you say anything, I don't get much of an opportunity to debate the israel/palestine conflict irl without being made to look like an antisemitic fanatic and sometimes I just come across the most ballnumbingly stupid comment someone left under a finkelstein or chomsky video and my choler rises.

Ultramega fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 19, 2015

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

You say that Israel is the most American country of all- but that's where you go wrong and show your lack of loyalty. America is the most American country. It's the only one that really matters, all other national interests are expendable, it's high time we made Israel realize this. Time to give Chickenshit his due- an 'accidental' hellfire missile on his motorcade.

I get the part where you accuse MIGF of being a fifth columnist with dual loyalties who treacherously favors Israel over America(not exactly a fresh sort of accusation around these threads), but is it the assassination of the PM of Israel you're calling for in the second sentence? Or some other world leader?

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hamas' continued pursuit of unacceptable policy has killed what was left of Oslo, and Israel has elected a government that recognizes this failure while seeking to move forward with future policy.

The voters of Israel have spoken, and they have elected a coalition that views a one-state solution as a more tenable policy for implementation towards the goal of peace and stability in the mideast than the continuation of outdated, decades-old, dead accords.

The responsible position for elected members in America to take is to accept that the accords have failed and move forward with real-world, workable policies, rather than idealistically looking back on the impossible and hoping that, this time, they'll work.

This presumes that the Israeli position is equally sustainable and reasonable. Bibi just wants to perpetuate the crisis in Gaza and the West Bank by building more walls and buffer zones. Israelis don't want to give citizenship to any Palestinian, nor can they recognize that states other than Israel have the right to arm and defend themselves. What part of any of that is sustainable or reasonable?

The ideal option at this point is for Hamas/Hezbollah to defeat the IDF in the field- Israel has used their military as a crutch for far too long. Let's see what happens when that is knocked out from under them.

Job Truniht fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 19, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Reckoning posted:

Hahaha, yes it was. Various Partisan groups in occupied Europe made use of them.
Being able to radio detonate a modern explosive has got to be much more effective than lighting a fuse on a few sticks of dynamite. And we have better knowledge and more easily available materials with which to build shaped charges and other use specific stuff. I just don't think the Wehrmacht would have thrived against the Iraqi insurgency.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Panzeh posted:

Actually, The Philippines is the most American country.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Insect Court posted:

I get the part where you accuse MIGF of being a fifth columnist with dual loyalties who treacherously favors Israel over America(not exactly a fresh sort of accusation around these threads), but is it the assassination of the PM of Israel you're calling for in the second sentence? Or some other world leader?

Defending MIGF lol.

Rahm thanks you for your support

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
It is America's prerogative to oversee regime change within its sphere of influence so I don't see what the problem is.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

Defending MIGF lol.

Rahm thanks you for your support

It's TIC I'm not surprised they ended up in the same dark hole

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It's TIC I'm not surprised they ended up in the same dark hole

Chicago?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So what are the chances of Bibi-kun starting a war with Iran to force the US to choose between them and make sure the normalization of American-Iranian relations fails?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

So what are the chances of Bibi-kun starting a war with Iran to force the US to choose between them and make sure the normalization of American-Iranian relations fails?

Better than they used to be.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am going to suck bibi into the slavering chasm of my vagina and mince him down to a fine paste

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

icantfindaname posted:

Bibi knows Israel has zero chance of winning a war with Iran and he's not going to start one.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my body is a pastoral idyll, a delta sitting serene in the fork of the roaring river of modern sexuality; its climate is gentle, its earth is soft and fecund, but far below my skin vicious tectonic plates wait to chew the unwary penis (i.e., bibi) to a sodden bloody dust

my breasts

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I'm pretty sure now that Bibi won his election he'll be relatively quiet about Iran for a while.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Bibi knows Israel has zero chance of winning a war with Iran and he's not going to start one.

He could still provoke a crisis, even though Israel can't realistically conquer and occupy Iran. I think there's a good chance he simply will not allow the nuke deal to be concluded, hell with the consequences

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

He could still provoke a crisis, even though Israel can't realistically conquer and occupy Iran. I think there's a good chance he simply will not allow the nuke deal to be concluded, hell with the consequences

A bad deal is a dead deal is a less than diplomatic campaign against Iran. A bad deal is Iran refusing to allow inspections wherever and whenever the inspectors wish to inspect. To refuse this is to mean that Iran is hiding nuclear weapon development on military bases, as they have done in the past.

Fortunately, Israel can rely upon America to understand that the non-existance of an Iranian state is preferable to an Iranian state with nuclear weapons, for this is all that has restrained Israeli policy from appropriate military redress to Iranian aggression.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

Defending MIGF lol.

Just askin' questions about the weird Jew-bating that certain people seem incapable of engaging in :shrug:

Guess I can't quite understand the sort of mind who looks at someone with the 'wrong' opinion on I/P and starts foaming at the mouth about how they're traitors to America who secretly favor a foreign power. It's....weird, to say the least. And it never seems to come up in any other sort of D&D thread.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Insect Court posted:

Just askin' questions about the weird Jew-bating that certain people seem incapable of engaging in :shrug:

Guess I can't quite understand the sort of mind who looks at someone with the 'wrong' opinion on I/P and starts foaming at the mouth about how they're traitors to America who secretly favor a foreign power. It's....weird, to say the least. And it never seems to come up in any other sort of D&D thread.

Because Israel enjoys loving with American internal politics way to much and needs to stop. It would be very appropriate if Israel provoked Iran into a war and when Nutty Yahoo called the white house for support he got transferred to a loop of all the news reports of him campaigning for Mitt Romney.

Everyone in the administration hates his stupid rear end.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

My Imaginary GF posted:

A bad deal is a dead deal is a less than diplomatic campaign against Iran. A bad deal is Iran refusing to allow inspections wherever and whenever the inspectors wish to inspect. To refuse this is to mean that Iran is hiding nuclear weapon development on military bases, as they have done in the past.

Fortunately, Israel can rely upon America to understand that the non-existance of an Iranian state is preferable to an Iranian state with nuclear weapons, for this is all that has restrained Israeli policy from appropriate military redress to Iranian aggression.

Not that engaging you on Middle East (or most) topics is a productive use of time, but I'm not buying the narrative that America can or would up and topple Iran. Unless the same Neocons who thought the Iraq War was a good idea get back into power and decide the problem is America needed to double-down, I just don't think there's enough of an appetite in America for the level of violence necessary to bring down Iran. It's too daunting for anyone but a White House full of true believers to face.

Maybe America would go so far as to airstrike nuclear facilities in Iran (or allow Israel to airstrike Iran) if they actually did think Iran was actually on the cusp of completing a nuclear weapon, although ironically Israel's crying wolf on this subject has probably made this harder to assess.

I'd actually be curious at the reactions if Iran came out one day and revealed they'd actually completed one (or several) nuclear weapons in complete secrecy, and had some way to prove it. If Israel and the US were suddenly forced to accept a world where Iran was armed with nuclear weapons I think there'd be some pretty drastic shifts in the Middle East power balance, and probably a fair bit of surprise from some corners when they discover the US isn't willing to launch a nuclear first strike in that scenario if Iran doesn't use theirs.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dolash posted:

I'd actually be curious at the reactions if Iran came out one day and revealed they'd actually completed one (or several) nuclear weapons in complete secrecy, and had some way to prove it. If Israel and the US were suddenly forced to accept a world where Iran was armed with nuclear weapons I think there'd be some pretty drastic shifts in the Middle East power balance, and probably a fair bit of surprise from some corners when they discover the US isn't willing to launch a nuclear first strike in that scenario if Iran doesn't use theirs.

I think Israel is though. I could see Israel getting incredibly close to launching the nukes if and when Iran gets them

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Realistically, how likely is it that Netanyahu recommits to a two-state solution after forming a coalition, and would anybody believe him?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Insect Court posted:

I never accused MIGF of having two loyalties, I accused him of having one, and it's not to the US.

Anyway someone has to match his level of rhetoric, to bring out the absurdity of the positions espoused, though I am sure some of them are mainstream in US politics which is a sad fact.

You seem to really love coming into the thread and getting mad at people's rhetoric at this thread, foaming at the mouth that people don't repeat the refrains "The Jewish People have a right to a Jewish State." and "Israel has a right to defend itself."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Final tallies are in (including soldiers and diplomat votes).

Likud back to 30, Joint Arab List down to 13, Meretz up to 5.

Zehava Galon (Meretz) has announced that she will not be resigning due to the extra seat.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Panzeh posted:

I never accused MIGF of having two loyalties, I accused him of having one, and it's not to the US.

Anyway someone has to match his level of rhetoric, to bring out the absurdity of the positions espoused, though I am sure some of them are mainstream in US politics which is a sad fact.

You seem to really love coming into the thread and getting mad at people's rhetoric at this thread, foaming at the mouth that people don't repeat the refrains "The Jewish People have a right to a Jewish State." and "Israel has a right to defend itself."

I'll be honest the only reason my israel thread gimmick isn't maximum hitler is because that would be bannable.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

It's sad to think the best outcome for Palestinians is probably for Israel to just straight up invade and absorb their country, then after a few decades of full blown South Africa style apartheid for them to get equal rights and finally have a pluralistic state

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

icantfindaname posted:

It's sad to think the best outcome for Palestinians is probably for Israel to just straight up invade and absorb their country, then after a few decades of full blown South Africa style apartheid for them to get equal rights and finally have a pluralistic state

invade? what country?

Are you thinking of some different conflict? Are you posting from the year 1966?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Reading MIGF posts is the best way to end up wishing for Iran to have nukes, so as to be safe from the genocidal psychopaths like him.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm a loving spectacular jewess, a ripe plum ready to be picked and eaten (but not by a mortal man)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my nectar drips, my glossy skin is beaded with dew. hungry flies cluster around my stem

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm waiting. i'm always waiting

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Avshalom posted:

i'm waiting. i'm always waiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

False Flag Rape
Aug 22, 2013

by Lowtax
Avshalom has settled in this thread.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Avshalom posted:

i'm a loving spectacular jewess

This isn't possible unless you have an Angela Davis-style afro.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kim Jong Il posted:

This isn't possible unless you have an Angela Davis-style afro.
oh come on that's just unfair

i am pretty goddamn fluffy though

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
One thing bother me though Avshalom, you do know that 'Avshalom' is a masculine name right?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i find it improves my erotic fiction gimmick if people legit don't know what gender i am, having a male name is all part of my unconventional charm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and i didn't name myself after king david's sexy fuckwit son accidentally you know

• Locked thread