Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sleeveless posted:

Hotline Miami 2 was originally announced as coming out in 2013 and was pushed back multiple times, including a last-minute push back from a holiday 2014 release. Considering that the pig butcher was something they showed off so heavily when they first announced it and how in the final game he's practically an afterthought with no connection to the main plot it feels like they were going to do a straightforward sequel about the pig butcher but then came up with the story we got in the final game and scrapped most of it.

Wasn't it originally going to be additional content for HM1? I don't think they scraped any part of the pig butcher story, I think they just decided to expand on the content and create a much larger story. That's why the pig's story is mostly self contained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think we all know the ending is kinda BS. Jacket appears in Payday 2, which takes place in CURRENT DAY Washington DC

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Wasn't it originally going to be additional content for HM1? I don't think they scraped any part of the pig butcher story, I think they just decided to expand on the content and create a much larger story. That's why the pig's story is mostly self contained.

Actually if you go all the way back to the first trailers for HM1, the Pig was the main character. So he's obviously an idea they've been sitting on for a long, long time here.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Skunkrocker posted:

I just noticed something weird: the Panda mask is the only one that didn't appear in HLM1.

The guy behind the couch next to the boxes has on Rasmus, and inside the boxes is several masks: Jake, Aubrey, Dennis, Richard, Tony, Jones, and Richter. The barback is wearing a Dennis mask and there is Jake and Tony masks on the counter.

Who are you, mysterious panda bartender? What is your story?

He eats shoots and leaves.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I feel like a sucker, but when the music is this loving good I can overlook some things.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

vseslav.botkin posted:

|
A+

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

vseslav.botkin posted:

gently caress

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

vseslav.botkin posted:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I think we all know the ending is kinda BS. Jacket appears in Payday 2, which takes place in CURRENT DAY Washington DC

Don't you get it? Jacket escaped before bomb went off. That's why Payday never goes to Florida and the West Coast.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Don't you get it? Jacket escaped before bomb went off. That's why Payday never goes to Florida and the West Coast.

Turns out prisons are also effective bomb shelters. Miami is now entirely ruled by violent criminals who escaped prison, but nobody notices any difference between pre and post nuke.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Shima Honnou posted:

Turns out prisons are also effective bomb shelters.

There's a reason he uses that tape recorder. :ssh:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Erata posted:

'Learning disability' was the name given to Dallas' own nunchaku kata.

I appreciate this post.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

King Vidiot posted:

I thought Mark had been around as a mask long before any details were revealed about Hotline Miami 2, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, Mark has been in Payday for quite some time. Hell, even before the Mark there was a pig mask with this description

quote:

You have a new message! *BEEP*

Salutations, this is 'Almir' at OVERKILL. The Mask that you ordered should be delivered by now...

A list of instructions is included...

Make sure that you read them carefully!

Do you like hurting other people? Then this mask is for you.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 19, 2015

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Death Wish.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETCh0tFRc

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Holy poo poo, I was expecting him to die, but not like that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That is exactly what happened when I tried to do that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I can't stop laughing at this

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

GOTY 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Normally I hate LPers who face cam but his reaction is beautiful. :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not the first time that kind of thing has happened either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJSsSg48pE

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Destroy all Twitch streamers.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've been trying to figure out all the various songs for things that aren't levels. So far I've figured out:

Untitled (Green Kingdom) - main theme
dust - Level end theme
Blizzard - The Fans' theme
Wandering (Around) aimlessly - Evan's theme
Miss Minnie - The Son's theme
Black Tar - Newgame+/Bar of Broken Heroes theme
She Meditates - Fans outro theme
Rust - The Soldier's theme
Simma Hem - Jake's theme
Hollywood Heights - Pig Butcher's theme
Richard (Life Companions) - Richard's theme
Untitled (Dag Ungene) - Henchman's theme
Interlude - Rising intro cutscene (?)

Any additions/corrections anyone can make would be cool.

quote="Skunkrocker" post="442929356"]
I just noticed something weird: the Panda mask is the only one that didn't appear in HLM1.

The guy behind the couch next to the boxes has on Rasmus, and inside the boxes is several masks: Jake, Aubrey, Dennis, Richard, Tony, Jones, and Richter. The barback is wearing a Dennis mask and there is Jake and Tony masks on the counter.

Who are you, mysterious panda bartender? What is your story?
[/quote]

Incidently, Rasmus is in Hawaii prior to Ambush.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Escape From Midwitch Valley is only used in the trailer, right? Dunno if that really counts, but it's on the soundtrack.

quote:

Destroy all Twitch streamers.

That video was so painful but so worth it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Is it just me or is the music for Casualties not in the soundtrack?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How to describe Hotline Miami 2 in one minute or less.

Please put this in the first post.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is it just me or is the music for Casualties not in the soundtrack?

Isn't it The Way Home by Magic Sword?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Geight posted:

Isn't it The Way Home by Magic Sword?

It's that, yes.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Speaking of Twitch, now that the Steam version of it is active, it's REALLY loving fun watching your friends play Hotline. I've never understood the appeal of watching other people play games online, but it's great watching people I actually know as opposed to YouTube losers.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

Speaking of Twitch, now that the Steam version of it is active, it's REALLY loving fun watching your friends play Hotline. I've never understood the appeal of watching other people play games online, but it's great watching people I actually know as opposed to YouTube losers.

I've been having a ton of fun watching my buddy take the game a few levels at a time while we joke around over mumble, yeah. Actually just been using the Steam streaming thing, which I think has less of a delay.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Geight posted:

I've been having a ton of fun watching my buddy take the game a few levels at a time while we joke around over mumble, yeah. Actually just been using the Steam streaming thing, which I think has less of a delay.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, the "watch game" or whatever function in Steam. We went back and forth watching each other play Hotline and Nuclear Throne for awhile, it's great

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

A Bystander posted:

Considering Richter cares about his mom and should definitely have been aware of the Russian invasion years ago, he must've realized how stupid an idea it was to take her there. Staying in Miami isn't much better, nuke notwithstanding, but at least he knows the place well enough to avoid anyone who would take a crack at him.

He's still a wanted fugitive, so going back to Miami is right out.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

A Bystander posted:

Considering Richter cares about his mom and should definitely have been aware of the Russian invasion years ago, he must've realized how stupid an idea it was to take her there. Staying in Miami isn't much better, nuke notwithstanding, but at least he knows the place well enough to avoid anyone who would take a crack at him.

Eh, I can sorta see it. It'd be like moving from east berlin to the USA. Yeah there'd still be prejudice and so on from the war but it's probably better off. Sort of at least,.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hnnrrrg why does nuclear plant meltdown have same screen transition as implied nuclear explosion?? me am confused

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

My guess is the loading screen saying something else there is just a mistake.

With how meticulous they are with everything else it feels like a mistake.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

Actually if you go all the way back to the first trailers for HM1, the Pig was the main character. So he's obviously an idea they've been sitting on for a long, long time here.

you mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-XCM8sies

Where jacket doesnt even seem to have hair.

The pig mask is just a mask though.... not a main character???

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Hollenhammer posted:

On some of the promo art and stuff, Jacket is wearing the pig mask. This is the album cover for the sound track:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Hollenhammer posted:

you mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-XCM8sies

Where jacket doesnt even seem to have hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbaNn0ddRPM

https://tcrf.net/Hotline_Miami

Pig Butcher was originally the main character and a lot of sprites are leftover in the game.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbaNn0ddRPM

https://tcrf.net/Hotline_Miami

Pig Butcher was originally the main character and a lot of sprites are leftover in the game.

Oh fair enough. Guess they thought it was too similar to Piggsy?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that or it was just a standin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Anatharon posted:

I've been trying to figure out all the various songs for things that aren't levels. So far I've figured out:

Untitled (Green Kingdom) - main theme
dust - Level end theme
Blizzard - The Fans' theme
Wandering (Around) aimlessly - Evan's theme
Miss Minnie - The Son's theme
Black Tar - Newgame+/Bar of Broken Heroes theme
She Meditates - Fans outro theme
Rust - The Soldier's theme
Simma Hem - Jake's theme
Hollywood Heights - Pig Butcher's theme
Richard (Life Companions) - Richard's theme
Untitled (Dag Ungene) - Henchman's theme
Interlude - Rising intro cutscene (?)

Any additions/corrections anyone can make would be cool.

Little late on this but Guided Meditation is pretty much Manny's theme, it plays at all of his murder scenes at least, and Java which I really only remember playing in the intro to the first soldier mission

• Locked thread