Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought it was dumb at first but I caught myself singing the Rappongi Vice song under my breath at the gym today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jim Cornette's interview on The Ross Report starts at the 30 minute mark. That means roughly a 2 hour interview, and I have no problem with that at all :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan is utterly insufferable on tonight's BVC, but Craig is as cool as ever.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mkay0 posted:

RUSEV had every intention of of signing, but wanted to talk poo poo and make Cena squirm first. Not sure why it was so hard to follow

Because I couldn't follow it over JBL and Booker screaming about how terrible the lawyer was and then paying attention his lovely accent.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KungFu Grip posted:

Because I couldn't follow it over JBL and Booker screaming about how terrible the lawyer was and then paying attention his lovely accent.

I thought the lawyer being awful was intentional and the announcers were just helping to clue the audience in on it all being a setup so Cena would agree to let Rusev make his statement. Cena looks a little dumb for not knowing the lawyer was fake but there are worse instances of a baby face looking like foolish and no matter how bad the lawyer was the point was that Cena wouldn't get the signature without the statement being read.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

PaybackJack posted:

I thought the lawyer being awful was intentional and the announcers were just helping to clue the audience in on it all being a setup so Cena would agree to let Rusev make his statement. Cena looks a little dumb for not knowing the lawyer was fake but there are worse instances of a baby face looking like foolish and no matter how bad the lawyer was the point was that Cena wouldn't get the signature without the statement being read.

Why would the story be that Rusev hired a fake Russian lawyer instead of getting a real Russian lawyer? Rusev's character is being the hero of Russia, we don't need to be reminded that he doesn't actually have anything to do with Russia two weeks before the big Russia vs USA match.

Edit: Besides, if he was intentionally supposed to be fake, they would've had Cena call him out on it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan is utterly insufferable on tonight's BVC, but Craig is as cool as ever.

Is it just an encore of everyone's favorite number: WCW was terrible (but still better than Raw)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

ThePariah posted:

Why would the story be that Rusev hired a fake Russian lawyer instead of getting a real Russian lawyer? Rusev's character is being the hero of Russia, we don't need to be reminded that he doesn't actually have anything to do with Russia two weeks before the big Russia vs USA match.

Edit: Besides, if he was intentionally supposed to be fake, they would've had Cena call him out on it.

Have Cena threaten the guy who suddenly switches back to his natural accent or something. There, you've shows that the Lawyer was fake without the commentary team screaming over it while Vince tries to save a segment that seemingly no one put any thought into.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

beggar posted:

Going back but the latest Talkin Shop with Rob Conway is a great episode. The Goldberg stories had me dying.

"If I forget, call me hitting you with the Jackhammer"

"Sure Bill, just in case you forget your finish"

"You don't understand, this is treated wood. If tries to break it over his leg he'll hurt himself"

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Their fascination with Erick Rowan is my favorite thing on the show

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ThePariah posted:

While this isn't an actually good reason, WWE likes to make it's babyfaces look like fools in order to get a segment to go down the way they want it to. It just one of those things you have to ignore in order to see the overall story in their mind. Cena could have figured out after Rusev started his speech that the whole thing was just a ploy so that he could trash talk Cena, or he could have figured it out before, it really didn't matter in the overall segment.

On a scale of Claire Lynch to 10 this was like a 6. The guy was a bad actor but he wasn't a key part of the segment anyway so it didn't matter.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bryan's wife gets it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Matt Striker: "Wrestling's version of Eddie Haskell"

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Looking forward to all the Erick Rowan bits from today's Brian and Vinny making the Best of 2015 compilation.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Pimp my urn

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Is it just an encore of everyone's favorite number: WCW was terrible (but still better than Raw)

He refused to listen to Craig when Craig tried to tell him why the house show he went to was good and the Reigns/Show main event was pretty good. There was also his nearly Vince Russoian logic of "someone who doesn't even like wrestling thinks Bryan should be in the main event, see WWE!"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Cross Armbreaker is doing monthly ebooks with reviews/analysis of significant matches from the month prior. It's a low bar to clear but it's some of the best critical analysis of the bell-to-bell aspects of wrestling I've seen. Idk what the deal is with the annoying storefront checkout means of distributing it but it's free so w/e give it a look if you're a nerd like me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ThePariah posted:

The whole segment was dumb and it highlights WWE making poo poo so convoluted everyone looks terrible.

Fix:
Commentators shut up. No Talking.
Cena calls out the lawyer's fake accent.
Rusev admits the lawyer isn't real and he's just doing all this to be a dick. No title match.
Cena beats him up and signs the papers anyway. Because Cena gives no fucks how contracts works.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Spermgod posted:

Cross Armbreaker is doing monthly ebooks with reviews/analysis of significant matches from the month prior. It's a low bar to clear but it's some of the best critical analysis of the bell-to-bell aspects of wrestling I've seen. Idk what the deal is with the annoying storefront checkout means of distributing it but it's free so w/e give it a look if you're a nerd like me

Finally some new star ratings to get mad about

Edit: There is an ad in the sidebar on F4W and it's asking me obscure questions about the WWE draft. I don't know who was in the supplemental draft I'm sorry!!

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 18, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

Edit: There is an ad in the sidebar on F4W and it's asking me obscure questions about the WWE draft. I don't know who was in the supplemental draft I'm sorry!!

That ad's been up for like 3 months and it's distracting as hell. Does anyone even answer the questions?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

That ad's been up for like 3 months and it's distracting as hell. Does anyone even answer the questions?

I do once in a while

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
It took me all this time to figure out why they called Rowan the vintner. i feel so dumb now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

No, JR, "I don't know, maybe something deep in the jungle, between gorillas" is not a good response to a question about sports.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

duyarvish posted:

It took me all this time to figure out why they called Rowan the vintner. i feel so dumb now

How could you not remember that throwaway line that was literally mentioned once or twice in passing?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

How could you not remember that throwaway line that was literally mentioned once or twice in passing?

Oh is it just that they said Rowan is a classically trained guitarist and wine maker? I thought there was going to be some great revelation I forgot that made it all make sense, besides Vince being insane.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Oh is it just that they said Rowan is a classically trained guitarist and wine maker? I thought there was going to be some great revelation I forgot that made it all make sense, besides Vince being insane.

Yeah it was literally one mention. You'd think there were vignettes with Rowan looking pensively at barrels or whatever vintners do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I love those ads, the UFC questions are loving hilarious.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I love super loser Erick Rowan.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah it was literally one mention. You'd think there were vignettes with Rowan looking pensively at barrels or whatever vintners do.

Meanwhile think of all the obvious stuff that Bryan misses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Muddy Burphy posted:

Meanwhile think of all the obvious stuff that Bryan misses.

The stuff about Orton agreeing to fight the Authority BEFORE the fake abandonment of Seth was particularly annoying, because even though they absolutely screwed up the execution by revealing the fakeout BEFORE Seth even went down the ramp, it was obvious that the idea was supposed to be that Orton would have slowly let his guard down over the night thinking that he wouldn't have to deal with the entire Authority at once.

Sure, complain bitterly about how they hosed up pulling it off because that's legitimately terrible, but his complete inability to grasp the intention was really aggravating.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

triplexpac posted:

Oh is it just that they said Rowan is a classically trained guitarist and wine maker?

This would be an awesome gimmick for Rowan

I can just picture the vignettes of Rowan plucking away on a guitar while sipping on some wine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"If you've been beaten by Wade Barrett, you should just go back to NXT"
"...he did"
"HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MODS please change my name to Big Brody Hoofer

I legit almost swerved off the freeway during that Promo.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
that doesnt sound safe, you should be a more responsible driver

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my lord that classic mania observer show from '09 with dave ON SPEAKERPHONE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LordPants posted:

Oh my lord that classic mania observer show from '09 with dave ON SPEAKERPHONE

Yeah, I know Bryan talks about how much better the audio is now, but I wasn't quite expecting THAT. Admittedly he did say at the end of the show the audio was worse than usual, but goddamn.

I had forgotten all about that dreadful Kid Rock concert where the divas just came out to the ring for their match while he sang.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
"when he was younger he had a good body and sucked. Now he just sucks"

- Dave talking about Cybernetico

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought Cibernético was supposed to have been good when he was younger but now he's old and broken?

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

lol Dave was pretty harsh on that Verne Gagne question

Dave Meltzer posted:

That might be the worst analogy I've ever heard.

Whoever would ask that doesn't get wrestling.

.....Uhh I shouldn't say that.....whoever asks that doesn't get wrestling in 1983.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
thought dave was a bit hard on the crowd reaction for the villano iv/blue demon jr match, it started out pretty dead but the crowd was pretty into it by the end and threw money into the ring

• Locked thread