Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's an Awakening thread for further questions: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3528797&pagenumber=449#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Purposefully letting Donnel die sends a message to Nintendo that you're a lovely person. He is a killing machine and an inspiration to all as a model for what true bootstrapping looks like.

There is nothing that goons hate more than effort

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Why am I so excited for Puzzle Dragons? And will Amazon lower their price to $29.99? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNGNBBUYN3XISWJ

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Amazon will probably lower it tomorrow or later today.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Stars Catalogue has been updated with loving expensive games for Euro goons...

e: 7300 Stars for Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! :aaaaa:

While the 3DS icon is used for the Ambassador games it might be for the Wii U only. Confusing.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 19, 2015

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I got Monster Hunter based solely on the hype from this thread.

I have no idea what's going on. How to I make the cat shut the hell up and quit making that moaning sound while I walk?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eddiewalker posted:

I have no idea what's going on. How to I make the cat shut the hell up and quit making that moaning sound while I walk?

You need to learn to appreciate your friends more.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

eddiewalker posted:

Expect lots of goony "OMFG YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDS MORE" answers.

I hate that noise and it makes me turn my volume off.

Don't worry about not knowing what you're doing, just go kill stuff and make armor and poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Red Robin Hood posted:

Expect lots of goony "OMFG YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDS MORE" answers.

Motherfucking Space Shaaaaaaaaarks! :rock:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

elf help book posted:

Motherfucking Space Shaaaaaaaaarks! :rock:

Lightning... It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect; it only destroys.

:confused:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

eddiewalker posted:

Just wait. Soon you'll have two cats running around with you!

You get used to the weird cat moaning, though. There is only one way to turn it off: turn the volume slider all the way down.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Purposefully letting Donnel die sends a message to Nintendo that you're a lovely person. He is a killing machine and an inspiration to all as a model for what true bootstrapping looks like.

Someone should put Donnel in touch with the GOP as a prime example of boot strapping.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

stop pairing donny with chrom, pair him with kellam or stahl. they give better stats and actually have supports with donny

I've only paired him with my avatar and Kellam, actually. Speaking of, knowing nothing about the game, I decided to name my avatar Marth :doh: That got confusing quickly.

I should have known there would be a FE:A thread. :doh:x2 No more FE gameplay chat out of me here.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
My cradle finally arrived today. It is perfect in every way. <3

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dreyvas posted:

My cradle finally arrived today. It is perfect in every way. <3

Mine is out for delivery right now, but UPS has a history of loving things up.

e: Just got mine, but it has no box. No worries.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 19, 2015

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
It is so simple, elegant, and space-effective. I love cradles and cradle culture.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i love my new cradle for my *new* Nintendo 3DS XL

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Louisgod posted:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you're

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
When you take the trouble to level Donnel, first you feel accomplished and good about it. Then he starts just clearing maps on his own and you're like "oh no I've accidentally created a freakish monster"

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Is there a reason there aren't any third party cradles, or is it just too new? Preferably one where it lays flat.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fooley posted:

Is there a reason there aren't any third party cradles, or is it just too new? Preferably one where it lays flat.

Maybe there is a contingent of people that would want it, but I can't imagine enough to bother spending money to design and sell it as an alternative. The stock cradle is 9 bucks.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fooley posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see one. I'm going to be keeping an eye on FastTech, they add all kinds of video game peripherals you might not expect. They already have a NN3DS XL grip and stand.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Why do people even use cradles? Am I missing something because it seems so much easier just to plug the thing into the port. And you can do that while still using the system.

It just feels completely unnecessary.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have been told it's for people who constantly lose the plug behind a desk or something i dunno

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zore posted:

Why do people even use cradles? Am I missing something because it seems so much easier just to plug the thing into the port. And you can do that while still using the system.

I can just drop it in the cradle and go to sleep. I don't have to fumble trying to plug the cable in the dark.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Zore posted:

There is no real good answer. It is a piece of Nintendo hardware and we love it :allears:

I actually keep putting mine in upside down because I'm stupid...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
For those curious, I got my $8 grip and it's pretty drat solid and nice. Also it works fine with a Decalgirl skin, just make sure you clip the top part on first otherwise it will scratch the back decal.

Took like 16 days to finally arrive, but it's only $8 to the US and it has a built-in stand which is the same as the Kid Icarus stand... been using it with that game on a desk, it's awesome.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zore posted:

Just makes it quick and convenient to drop the system on the charger. You are right though, you lose the ability to easily play while charging.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Zore posted:

I like my cradle, but yeah I mostly agree with you. I find myself making more noise trying to dock the drat thing in the dark, which sucks when you have a sleeping baby in the room. The good thing is, I've decided to give in and just leave it on the cradle all the time, battery be damned, so I shouldn't ever need to charge it while playing it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I bought real Emotion for Curtain Call without checking to see if it's in English. It's a kinda okay J-Pop song but my nostalgia remains untickled. :(

Shadowlord, however, is loving incredible on Ultimate :black101:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I plan on getting a cradle and a second charger. Cradle to be at my bedside so that I can charge it overnight, and a second charger to bring with me anywhere I need it. I left my charger at work over the weekend and had to go in on Saturday to grab it because I had planned on playing Majora's mask over the weekend. Cradle and second charger would have completely fixed that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fryhtaning posted:

just leave it on the cradle all the time, battery be damned,

actually the battery will be fine

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

actually the battery will be fine

Work with me here ok. I'm in battery therapy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Man, I bought real Emotion for Curtain Call without checking to see if it's in English. It's a kinda okay J-Pop song but my nostalgia remains untickled. :(

Shadowlord, however, is loving incredible on Ultimate :black101:

Squeenix hasn't put the English versions of any songs on Theatrhythm :sigh:.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Would anyone that has Cave Story for 3DS be willing to scan the slip cover for me? I picked up a copy real cheap the other day but the case is missing the slip.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And so ends the tale of the nintendo *Glue* 3ds.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Turtlicious posted:

:golfclap:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Turtlicious posted:

You should glue goofy eyes to the masks eyes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I'm so confused