Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
its cool that netflix just tweeted something that reveals the ending of season 3 of house of cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pissflaps posted:

its cool that netflix just tweeted something that reveals the ending of season 3 of house of cards

Sepp Blatter is Keyser Soze

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Pissflaps posted:

Blatter pushed football in front of a train

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Dravs posted:

Doesn't even need to be FIFA, if the English FA told the premier league clubs they did not need to release players for the competition and refused to move the season around pretty much 75% of the top players in the world would be omitted from the WC.

UEFA clubs are going to get paid a fortune to release their players for a winter world cup and they'll all happily do it because no-one in football has any principles or balls.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

UEFA clubs are going to get paid a fortune to release their players for a winter world cup and they'll all happily do it because no-one in football has any principles or balls.

They're getting paid no more than they would normally

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

They're getting paid no more than they would normally

Its being negotiated

quote:

It is believed on-going negotiations over 'player release' payments for the 2018 World Cup in Russia and then the Qatar tournament four years later may provide a mechanism to settle the issue.

Fifa provided clubs with around £45m ($70m) after last summer's World Cup in Brazil. Three-quarters of the players at the tournament were registered with European teams.

Individual payments are calculated through the number of players selected from a particular club to represent their national side together with the number of days each player was at the tournament.

In light of the decision to switch the date for Qatar 2022, the payment levels for the next two World Cups could now rise substantially.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Well I guess FIFA has to spend its bribe money somewhere afterall

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Pissflaps posted:

Frank becomes FIFA President

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pissflaps posted:

Does the US get awarded the world cup?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31949917

Booooooo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
quelle surprise

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm shocked that Blatter would not choose to appear at a venue where football fans could ask him questions on television.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
"Yes, Mr. Blatter. My question comes in the form of a gif."

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Qatar world cup final will be on 18th December, rip football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31975274

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Rips boxing day footy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

serious gaylord posted:

Rips boxing day footy

I think they'll still have matches

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

this is loving bullshit

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Sepp Blatter is a doddery old criminal who has got away with it for far too long. We need Andrew Jarecki on the case.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It just dawned on me that it'll be held at a time when I don't have vacation, this is real bad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I hope he falls over and breaks his hip and turns up on my list. I'll do it, I'll save football.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
That logo is amazing, I hope it sticks around.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ffs

Hegay posted:

It just dawned on me that it'll be held at a time when I don't have vacation, this is real bad

You know what vacation you'll be having in 2022? I'm impressed.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Gigi Galli posted:

You know what vacation you'll be having in 2022? I'm impressed.

i think he lives in a first world country

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Hahaha the contracts fox signed for the world cup are absolutely worthless now. :lol: if you think any americans will watch this at the height of real football season. especially since fox has a massive nfl contract and isn't about to preempt that for soccer.

maybe fox will tell fifa to piss off and bankrupt them by not paying.

axeil fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 19, 2015

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
GG please change the forum title to

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Parody Threads posted:

i think he lives in a first world country
Most people change their job in seven years.

Except for Blatter, of course.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

axeil posted:

Hahaha the contracts fox signed for the world cup are absolutely worthless now. :lol: if you think any americans will watch this at the height of real football season. especially since fox has a massive nfl contract and isn't about to preempt that for soccer.

maybe fox will tell fifa to piss off and bankrupt them by not paying.

nobody is gonna watch this poo poo here lol soccer will be a dead fad by then anyway as the fat bearded IPA connoisseurs will have moved on to something else

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Haha it also just happens to be Qatar's national day. What luck!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vyelkin posted:

I want this to be the real logo so bad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

It's so that when Qatar's team of expat Brazilians wins the final with a 93rd minute penalty and the whole crowd stands up and cheers, the defining moment of United Passions 2: Between a Rock and a Qatar'd Place has already been written.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

vyelkin posted:

It's so that when Qatar's team of expat Brazilians wins the final with a 93rd minute penalty and the whole crowd stands up and cheers, the defining moment of United Passions 2: Between a Rock and a Qatar'd Place has already been written.

The crowd will be full of Nepalese slave laborers and absolutely no fans, who will be in prison for buying tickets. Football's crowning moment.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

The stars are aligned

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

The stars are aligned

It's also International Migrants Day: http://www.un.org/en/events/migrantsday/

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

No loving way.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Motherfucker :lol:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Outstanding

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
lmao. You've got to respect that old fucker for pulling off this kind of troll time and time again.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

vyelkin posted:

The Adidas Qatbulani is kind of a boring design.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"Now made with skin of Nepali mountain men, so you know it's durable!"