Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

My Imaginary GF posted:

You don't have to be pro-Israel to understand Obama's Iran appeasement policy as a political failure and liability against engendering hope towards a two-state solution.

Appeasement is a historically effective strategy, but lol you need to work better at these trolls this one doesn't even make sense.

I'm gonna appease this tiny regional power while I go put together the largest military the world has ever seen. Oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, that is the most hosed part of it all.

The minute any Palestinian uses violence it will be all the proof you'll need that Netanyahu is the right man for the job.

Also how is Obama 'appeasing' Iran? The United States isn't giving up anything (part of the rationale for Congress not needing to vote). No concessions have been discussed - although Israel isn't party to the negotiations and perhaps Iran is demanding something be done about the Israeli nuclear program.

Mc Do Well fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 19, 2015

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

McDowell posted:

The minute any Palestinian uses violence it will be all the proof you'll need that Netanyahu is the right man for the job.

Also how is Obama 'appeasing' Iran? The United States isn't giving up anything (part of the rationale for Congress not needing to vote). No concessions have been discussed - although Israel isn't party to the negotiations and perhaps Iran is demanding something be done about the Israeli nuclear program.

Not engaging in collective punishment of the Iranian people is giving something up. We love collective punishment. Look at Iraq. Look at our support of Bibi

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zeitgueist posted:

We love collective punishment.

Oh I know - which is why it should be done in such a spectacular way that everyone will have to question themselves and their humanity. Dig a nuclear grave for ISIL and make the regional states bury their hatchet there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, how long until PA collapses from lack of funds (what with Bibi sitting on Palestinian tax money) and lack of credibility (what with Abbas' collaborationist policies having only resulted in making things worse for Palestinians)?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i wish to see bibi consumed by beetles

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQx3XMkiVbg

It's pretty funny, I was originally just looking up this video to post as trivia and to troll Avshalom with handsome young Bibi, but now I think it's pretty good watch cause for starters his opinions haven't changed for about a million years and also I think that he provides a rather concise summation of many of the views of the contemporary Israeli right. I mean, he obviously lies about some poo poo, and lol at his support of a binational state, but it's rather interesting.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Liberal_L33t posted:

I think Obama can make a strong argument even to American Jews and other pro-Israeli democrats that doing so is essentially the only way to save Israel from Likud extremism at this point.

Define strong. It's not going to resonate if you think that argument has any chance of persuading those groups.

quote:

Apartheid and ghettoization is one thing, but if the IDF and settlers start straight-up mass murdering in response to another intifada, then crushing Russia-style economic sanctions will be the tamest response Israel can expect from the world at large. In that eventuality, I don't think that covert military aid from western Europe to HAMAS is out of the realm of possibility. Military aid from other Middle-east countries would be a near-certainty.

What on Earth are you going on about here? None of this is going to happen, never mind the fact that the west is shrugging with hundreds of thousands dead in Syria.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You know, the thing is that he doesn't owe them jack poo poo and he would have won even if they all voted for the Jewish Home instead.

Question is though whether or not it affected turnout.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Kim Jong Il posted:

Define strong. It's not going to resonate if you think that argument has any chance of persuading those groups.

What on Earth are you going on about here? None of this is going to happen, never mind the fact that the west is shrugging with hundreds of thousands dead in Syria.

Question is though whether or not it affected turnout.

Thanks for continually stopping into the I/P thread to remind us of what's going on in Syria.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cat Mattress posted:

So, how long until PA collapses from lack of funds (what with Bibi sitting on Palestinian tax money) and lack of credibility (what with Abbas' collaborationist policies having only resulted in making things worse for Palestinians)?

Hareetz op/ed said 1-2 months without America continuing to shake down the saudis et al. for donations.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Cat Mattress posted:

Compared to what? The PA's corruption and ineffectiveness is obvious, but the alternative is loving HAMAS, which has caused far more harm to Palestinians, both in the immediate sense and for long-term hopes of ending the Israeli occupation.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Sure, but at a certain point you'd expect a person who claims to be the legitimate leader of his people to care about more than his own political survival, the PA is an ancient beast, it's true that it loses all legitimacy without an official 'peace process' taking place but surely Abbas recognizes that his administration can no longer offer his people any real hope, he's went beyond 'allowing Israel to procrastinate' into allowing them to make an independent Palestine an impossibility.

I would like to think that Abbas is not 100% cynical and useless, every once in a while he vocalizes statements that demonstrate that there might be life in him yet but the more time passes I lose faith. As an Israeli I obviously do not wish to see a Hamas controlled west bank, but Abbas is proving himself to be a burden upon his people and nothing but a collaborationist, he needs to either step down or step up, his time is running out rapidly.

Abbas fears the West a lot more than he does Israel, I think. If he were just a straight collaborationist, he wouldn't have carried out the various UN bids for acknowledgement. He's dedicated to the international community solving things, because, really, what else can he do? He can't turn around after twenty years of advocating peace and say "well, intifada time". Every scrap of legitimacy and support he's struggled for would go down the toilet, Western aid to the PA would get cut off, and there's no way his political career would survive such an about-face.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

McDowell posted:

Yeah, the message from this election is pretty clear - violence against Israel is utterly hopeless and self-destructive for the Palestinians.

What happened last summer can happen again, but worse this time, since Bibi is stronger now.

A commitment to non-violence is the only chance Palestinians have for a good outcome.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hakimashou posted:

Yeah, the message from this election is pretty clear - violence against Israel is utterly hopeless and self-destructive for the Palestinians.

What happened last summer can happen again, but worse this time, since Bibi is stronger now.

A commitment to non-violence is the only chance Palestinians have for a good outcome.

They have committed to peace before, and even enforced it to the 99% degree. Israel keeps their police (sorry, 'armed combatants) down enough to make that the extent of their power. That didn't stop the Israelis from breaking the peace when they want to, then blaming the less than 1% remaining rocket fire for it. Israel's commitment to peace has been a joke for a decade+

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

McDowell posted:

I don't agree with this. Bibi's approval rating was at its lowest when those IDF soldiers got killed.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

It was sky high before that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

hakimashou posted:

I'm not so sure about that, as the West Bank is completely different from Gaza. Israeli settlements are way too intermingled with the West Bank to just wall it off, bomb the hell out of it, and make ground incursions at their leisure. It'd definitely be a very nasty situation for everyone involved, with civilian casualties on both sides.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ultramega posted:

It was sky high before that.

Yeah, and then he and the right in Israel won a mandate in the election.

A mandate for 'strong' leadership.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
fat ghost cock sliding down my throat, oh god this is all i've ever wanted

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Avshalom posted:

fat ghost cock sliding down my throat

New thread title pls

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Nana and Bubbe are rolling over in their graves.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended himself in an interview against accusations that he used racially charged language to discriminate against Israel’s Arab minority before saying that he was trying to mobilize voters against “Arab money.”

“I was trying to mobilize my own forces,” Netanyahu said in an interview with NPR published Friday. “And that mobilization was based on Arab money — sorry, on foreign money, a lot of foreign money that was coming in.”

Whoopsie.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Whoopsie.
He's worse at self-censoring than Rick Santorum. Let that sink in.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Whoops indeed! In other news, it looks like Netanyahu has, predictably, walked back his comment about a two-state solution being impossible, tacking on enough caveats and footnotes that he can say he didn't really mean to rule out the two-state solution altogether. It's pretty much exactly what I thought he'd say, really - that he believes in the concept of a Palestinian state but that he thinks it's impossible to make an acceptable deal as long as militant elements exist in Palestine. Unfortunately for him, the White House has stated that they're not going to buy it and back down, and that they will continue to act as though he meant what he said originally. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a major change in US/Israeli relations, as the US threats mostly just seem like hot air so far, except that it seems that the Obama administration has largely given up on getting an I/P peace deal while Netanyahu is in power and will probably no longer push for negotiations in any meaningful way. The greater damage here is definitely to Netanyahu's personal credibility; nobody had time to press him too hard over election day, but now that he's walking it all back, the media seems to delight in pointing out that "I thought I was going to lose the election, so I decided to lie like crazy" doesn't reflect well on his personal integrity.

For what it's worth, I truly believe that Netanyahu's position hasn't actually changed since last week. His position has clearly been for a long time that a two-state solution is acceptable...but only under ridiculous terms that the PA can't possibly accept or carry out. That's what he's saying now, and that's what his position in previous rounds of negotiations has been. Unfortunately, he's sacrificed his foreign credibility to placate domestic interests, and now that's going to come back and bite him as everyone stops pretending his conditions are in any way acceptable.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/abbas-two-state-solution-no-longer-possible-1426776658

quote:

TEL AVIV—Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reversed himself for the second time in a week on support for a Palestinian state and said he would back it under the right conditions, a turnaround that the U.S. and Palestinians dismissed as unconvincing.

On Monday, the day before parliamentary elections, the Israeli leader said he was in danger of losing and made a hard shift to the right—abruptly reversing his 2009 declaration of support for a two-state solution to the decades old conflict with the Palestinians. His victory on election day, which defied pre-election polls, was widely attributed to the late shift in strategy.

The U.S. responded Wednesday by upending decades of American policy when it left open the possibility that it might stop using its veto to shield Israel in the United Nations.

U.S. officials said Thursday that Mr. Netanyahu’s sharp departure on Monday from his long-held public position on the two-state plan made it difficult for President Barack Obama’s administration to accept his clarification on Thursday.

“If he had consistently stated that he remained in favor of a two-state solution, we’d be having a different conversation,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.

In American television interviews on Thursday, Mr. Netanyahu claimed that what he said Monday wasn’t a retraction of his commitment in 2009, maintaining that the conditions to set up such a state are just not achievable today.

Dani Dayan, a prominent leader of West Bank settlers, called Mr. Netanyahu’s recent statements “disorienting and zigzagging.” He said he was among those who switched his allegiance from nationalist party Jewish Home to Mr. Netanyahu’s Likud during the final part of the race.

But Mr. Dayan said he understood that Mr. Netanyahu did what was necessary in a tight race to ensure he got votes and prevailed over the left, even if he made promises he was bound to break. In the end, Mr. Dayan said he doesn’t believe Mr. Netanyahu would ever agree to two states in the current climate.

“Still I don’t like to see him reverse on two states,” he said.

Mr. Netanyahu said in the Thursday interviews that he believed a Palestinian state could exist if it were demilitarized and recognized Israel as a Jewish state. But he said he couldn’t support such a state now because of the possibility that extremist group Islamic State or militant movements backed by Iran would gain a foothold there.

“I want a sustainable, peaceful two-state solution. But for that, circumstances have to change,” he told MSNBC in an interview. He said he didn’t want a “one-state solution” in which Israel would retain control of Palestinian territories.

The White House said nothing in Mr. Netanyahu’s latest comments changes its decision to rethink the U.S. approach on how to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Despite the strain in relations, President Barack Obama called Mr. Netanyahu Thursday to congratulate him on his party’s victory. Mr. Obama stressed that the U.S. supports a two-state solution as part of a peace agreement, the White House said. The two also discussed nuclear talks with Iran, another point of contention.

A White House official said Mr. Obama made the same points in the private call that the administration has been making publicly, including the need for the U.S. to re-evaluate its options following Mr. Netanyahu’s “new positions and comments regarding the two-state solution.”

The White House has said it now sees no chance for restarting peace talks while Messrs. Obama and Netanyahu remain in office.

The two leaders also discussed what the White House has called “divisive” comments by Mr. Netanyahu about Israeli Arabs, which officials have said were a particular source of concern to Mr. Obama.

On election day Tuesday, Mr. Netanyahu tried to win votes by warning that Arab citizens of Israel were turning out in large numbers at polling stations with the aim of toppling him. He also said United List, the party representing Israeli-Arabs, was extremist. Arab Israelis called his comments racist.

Asked why the administration couldn’t accept his comments Thursday at face value—just as it accepted his comments Monday—Ms. Psaki said the administration couldn’t overlook the shift on Monday.

“We believe he changed his position just a few days ago,” she said. “Certainly the prime minister’s comments from a few days ago brought into question whether he remains committed to that.”

The U.S. has privately questioned Mr. Netanyahu’s commitment to the peace process in the past, saying that Israel’s settlement policies under Mr. Netanyahu and the financial penalties it has pursued against the Palestinians undercut prospects for a peace accord.

Administration officials issued new warnings Thursday that they may no longer choose to shield Israel from pro-Palestinian resolutions at the United Nations. They explained that without an Israeli commitment to talks leading to a two-state solution, there was no point to the protective U.S. efforts, such as using its Security Council veto.

“Steps that the United States has taken at the United Nations had been predicated on this idea that the two-state solution is the best outcome,” said Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary. “Now our ally in these talks has said that they are no longer committed to that solution. That means we need to re-evaluate our position in this matter, and that is what we will do moving forward.”

In the waning hours of the campaign on Monday, Mr. Netanyahu was trailing his center-left challenger in the polls when he was asked by an Israeli online news site to confirm that a Palestinian state wouldn’t be set up while he was prime minister. He replied in Hebrew: “Indeed.”

He went on to win a surprisingly decisive victory, aided by strong support from Israeli settlers and nationalists who oppose a Palestinian state.

Mr. Netanyahu reluctantly endorsed a two-state solution to the conflict with Palestinians in 2009, shortly after becoming prime minister. But the stance was unpopular among his conservative base.

The Israeli leader claimed in an interview with Fox News that he didn’t retract any of the things he said six years ago.

“I said we have to change the terms. Because right now, we have to get the Palestinians to go back to the negotiating table, break their pact with Hamas, and accept the idea of a Jewish state,” he added.

Before peace talks were suspended about a year ago, Israel had negotiated with the moderate Palestinian Authority, which administers one of two Palestinian territories, the West Bank. The Islamist Hamas rules the other one, Gaza, and Israel fought a 50-day war with the group in the summer.

Yuval Steinitz, minister of intelligence in Mr. Netanyahu’s current government, said the prime minister’s assertion Thursday that he hadn’t changed his position in the first place was “an honest and important statement.” He added: “There isn’t a change in Israeli policy; there is a change in the Middle East. Israel wants a solution to the conflict, but we and the rest of the world understands there is no partner.”

Amir Tibon, a commentator for Israel’s Walla! news website, said Mr. Netanyahu, who spoke English during both interviews Thursday, was practicing the same type of doublespeak that he and other Israeli leaders have often accused Palestinians of.

“The Palestinians started to lose credibility in the world when it became apparent that their leaders were saying one thing about the peace process in the local media in Arabic and something else in English” to American audiences, he wrote, adding that this “is no longer an exclusive Palestinian leadership behavior.”

In the MSNBC interview, Mr. Netanyahu played down the dispute with the White House, saying there were disagreements but the two countries had common interests.

“And America has no greater ally than Israel and Israel has no greater ally than the United States,” he said.

Yehuda Ben-Meir, a former politician and analyst at the Institute for National Security Studies, a think tank, said he wasn’t surprised Mr. Netanyahu reversed himself.

“Now [Mr. Netanyahu] realizes he has to run the country and has to have good relations with the U.S.,” he said.

The Palestinians, along with many in Washington and European capitals, have long said that Mr. Netanyahu’s stance in negotiations and his government’s expansion of Jewish settlements in the West Bank seemed inconsistent with the two-state principle he endorsed in 2009.

“We all know what he is doing on the ground,” said Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee, adding that Mr. Netanyahu’s no-state pledge “showed his true colors” and described “exactly the policy he intends to pursue.”

Mr. Netanyahu has long argued that Palestinians should recognize Israel as a Jewish state and two years ago made it a central demand in negotiations. The Palestinian leadership has refused, saying such recognition would disenfranchise Arab citizens within Israel’s borders and undermine their long-standing demand for the return of Palestinians who became refugees when Israel was created in 1948. They say Mr. Netanyahu’s demand was meant to deadlock the negotiations.

Before the interviews, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said Thursday that he was extremely worried about the election results and believed a two-state solution was no longer possible under Mr. Netanyahu.

“If what Netanyahu said is true, then the whole project of the two-state solution isn’t feasible—it is impossible,” Mr. Abbas said. “We are extremely worried about the result of the Israeli election.”

Mr. Abbas, however, said he would continue to work with any Israeli government.

The Central Elections Committee said Mr. Netanyahu’s Likud won 30 of 120 parliament seats to 24 for his main challenger, the center-left Zionist Union. Five nationalist and religious parties, including the center-right Kulanu party, won a total of 47 seats and are expected to join a Likud-led government.

Main Paineframe fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 20, 2015

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I would like very much for our papers of record to denounce Netanyahu as a lying sack of poo poo in their headlines, rather than the softer and also not true "walking back controversial statements" line.

But that ain't gon happen so I guess we'll just have to settle for that

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DaveWoo posted:

Whoopsie.

"No you see, when I said people should be careful around jews what I meant is that they should be on the lookout for all that jewish money :pseudo:".

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Republicans are adapting to the inevitability of a one-state solution:

quote:

"We need to look at fresh ideas," said Carson. "I don't have any problem with the Palestinians having a state, but does it need to be within the confines of Israeli territory? Is that necessary, or can you sort of slip that area down into Egypt? Right below Israel, they have some amount of territory, and it can be adjacent. They can benefit from the many agricultural advances that were made by Israel, because if you fly over that area, you can easily see the demarcation between Egypt and Israel, in terms of one being desert and one being verdant. Technology could transform that area. So why does it need to be in an area where there's going to be temptation for Hamas to continue firing missiles at relatively close range to Israel?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-20/ben-carson-arm-ukraine-expand-nato-rethink-russia-s-position-on-un-security-council

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ben Carson is reportedly an excellent doctor. He should go back to doing that because he's a terrible politician and spokesman for his party's ideas.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

Mr. Netanyahu said in the Thursday interviews that he believed a Palestinian state could exist if it were demilitarized and recognized Israel as a Jewish state.

Jesus Christ. That's unbelievable.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Whoopsie.

Maybe he just really doesn't like Busta Rhymes, have you considered that you antisemitie?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

Do the Israelis volunteer to be demilitarized, too? The security of both could be guaranteed by the UN.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Iowa Snow King posted:

Do the Israelis volunteer to be demilitarized, too? The security of both could be guaranteed by the UN.

Because the UN isn't a spineless organization that prefers to get out of the way when someone wants to invade Israel, nor does it provide weapons to terrorists when they're discovered inside UN facilities, nosiree.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I wish more people would read that report about how basically the IDF's ground forces are literally a joke and don't do any excercises beyond battalion-size groups and how they relied way too heavily on "effects-based operations" that didn't really have any...effect on enemy combatants. You know other than making them duck.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

"The day after voting in the elections, I find out that no one told me about the leftist NGOs driving arabs to the ballots in busses. Like a sucker I had to walk."

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
It's honestly amazing to me that not even one week passed after Netanyahu's election and he's already given two interviews to two different American television networks to beg for forgiveness for what he said during the campaign. He knows that Israel's current state depends uniquely on American support, and more or less shat his pants when the State Department reacted to his pledge to block a Palestinian state.

You often hear people commenting that the US seems to be subservient to Israel, but that's a load of poo poo. All it takes is a meaningless, mealy-mouthed "we might re-consider our approach" to get big boy Bibi, pants soiled, running to the first big American network who'll give him a platform.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I was wondering how much would it shake Israeli politics if the US were to let a UNSC resolution pass without a veto, even if it were nothing more than some token measure. Given the panicked reversal we are seeing even at the slightest hint of that happening I think that I was underestimating the effects.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shifty Pony posted:

I was wondering how much would it shake Israeli politics if the US were to let a UNSC resolution pass without a veto, even if it were nothing more than some token measure. Given the panicked reversal we are seeing even at the slightest hint of that happening I think that I was underestimating the effects.

Rumor is that's exactly what Obama threatened Bibi with after he stated that the two state deal was dead as long as he was PM... so if it actually happened I would say the entire Knesset would collectively poo poo themselves instead of just Bibi and either do everything they could to get back into the US's good graces or try to latch onto Russia in record time.

In the US it would probably make Sheldon Adelson have a stroke so I'm actually all for it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Liberal_L33t posted:

Apartheid and ghettoization is one thing, but if the IDF and settlers start straight-up mass murdering in response to another intifada, then crushing Russia-style economic sanctions will be the tamest response Israel can expect from the world at large. In that eventuality, I don't think that covert military aid from western Europe to HAMAS is out of the realm of possibility. Military aid from other Middle-east countries would be a near-certainty.
"This will be the thing that finally turns the West against Israel, then the Blue Helmets will show them who's boss." Also, :lol: if you think western aid to HAMAS will ever happen. Aside from the fact that no western intelligence agency wants to arm a radical Sunni militant group, for basically every possible reason, HAMAS aren't even most countries' first choice in Palestinian parties. If you had said covert aid to the PA, it would have been slightly less ridiculous.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

euphronius posted:

It's been Netanyahu's position for a while. It's come up in previous negotiations, with Israel demanding Palestinian demilitarization, free access to (or sometimes control over) Palestinian airspace, the right to send military forces into Palestinian territory as needed, and a clause saying that Palestine wouldn't be able to ally with any other country without Israeli approval. Not just Netanyahu, either - these have been Israel's "security" demands for quite a long time, long enough that the "two-state solution" Israel wants should more accurately be called the "one-and-a-half-state solution".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Asked why the president did not take the prime minister at his word about his support for a two-state solution, Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary, quickly shot back: “Well, I guess the question is, which one?”

:laffo:

• Locked thread