Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

gently caress it do both. You're going to be in TEXAS. Go big or go home?

Exactly my plan. We are there 3 nights and will arrive late on Monday. So dinner burg then next day BBQ lunch some dinner burg then steak lunch or dinner the day after then back to Nola for the Food Festival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime

Razakai posted:

My friends are dragging me here on Saturday
For the ridiculous cost it's the worst burger I've ever tasted, but as it's a birthday event I can't say no. :smith:

Having read the blog, thank you for highlighting this insufferable place, I had no idea it was an offshoot... anyway, not a fan of Giraffe. Don't know why people love it so much. Just another lacklustre chain!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Jamsta posted:

Went to 5 guys with wife. Burgs were decent but $41 (£27) later, I feel I've been bent over the serving counter and shafted by a doobie dog.

Knew I shoulda gone Relish like Razakai said...

also: large trout: your burg photo posts own

Holy poo poo. I've never seen a 5guys burg that looked that bad.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Jamsta posted:

Went to 5 guys with wife. Burgs were decent but $41 (£27) later, I feel I've been bent over the serving counter and shafted by a doobie dog.

Knew I shoulda gone Relish like Razakai said...

also: large trout: your burg photo posts own

Was that Solihull? I went there, good burger but it was like £50 for two people for slightly better Burger King.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't wait to check this place out when I get back to the states:
http://www.ocabbeyburger.com/build-a-burger-checklist.html

Build a burg. Build... Any Burg

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Can't wait to check this place out when I get back to the states:
http://www.ocabbeyburger.com/build-a-burger-checklist.html

Build a burg. Build... Any Burg

Usually I don't like big rear end thick patties but this one looks reallllly good. I also hope that's a big rear end onion ring because that also sounds reallllly good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh god, beer battered onion rings on a burger...That looks so loving good.

I think over the weekend I'm going to make a Flame thrower burger. Habeneros, Pepper Jack, Spicy Garlic Aioli, and probably a ciabatta bun. Not sure about greens or tomato. I kind of want to just blast my face off with heat.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

I hear great things about Smashburger

Smashburger is legit. We have several here, but for some reason they don't seem very popular. I take people who have never been there and they're always like OH HEY THIS IS GOOD.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Manslaughter posted:

e: Just voted 5 and thread went gold :coal:

this thread been gold for awhile

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fetus Tree posted:

this thread been gold for awhile

it waivers. there are some burger haters out there voting it down,

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sizone posted:

it waivers. there are some burger haters out there voting it down,

Probably vegans.

justwright
Oct 13, 2012
A new burger place opened up near me today. Gonna check it out for dinner!

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

concerned mom posted:

Was that Solihull? I went there, good burger but it was like £50 for two people for slightly better Burger King.

Harlow. If they halved the price of their food it would be almost worth it.

The fact they sell booze, had outside seating with a good view and it was sunny swung it. Never again though. unless someone else pays :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Homemade burgs are the best burgs. Grilled onions, BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese. Was not a huge fan of the buns but otherwise great.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

justwright posted:

A new burger place opened up near me today. Gonna check it out for dinner!

WHAT IS BURGER PLACE NAME?!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

WHAT IS BURGER PLACE NAME?!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

NienNunb posted:

Homemade burgs are the best burgs. Grilled onions, BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese. Was not a huge fan of the buns but otherwise great.

looks good as gently caress. maybe cut the bun some slack. what is it? like, a chewy sourdoughish kaiser roll or something?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

I had this burger the other day from a kebab place. Was good , the meat was super beefy, I put it down to being halal certified. In Australia you are best off buying burgers from kebab and fish and chip shops, otherwise it is just brioche bun wankery that costs 15 bux

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Big Willy Style posted:

I had this burger the other day from a kebab place. Was good , the meat was super beefy, I put it down to being halal certified. In Australia you are best off buying burgers from kebab and fish and chip shops, otherwise it is just brioche bun wankery that costs 15 bux

There's not much that bests a burger from the local chicken shop or fish and chips place. A good pub burger (minus wanker factors) also hits the spot most of the time.

Chicken salt for the chips, obviously.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
One place near me, Atkins Park, used to have an awesome "black & blue" burger; freshly ground beef mixed with Cajun spices and topped with good blue cheese. That poo poo was awesome. Sadly, it's been off their menu for a while. :(

Another place in the Old Fourth Ward (that's now closed :( ) used to make a burger patty that was 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon, which made for a pretty drat good burger.

Googie Burger in Centennial Park makes a pretty awesome burger (but their buffalo chicken sandwich is even better). Their PB&J shake is amazing (and probably contains enough calories to feed a family of four for a month, but eh, who's counting?).

Yeah! Burger is OK; you can choose from a bunch of different toppings and cheeses (though that poo poo gets expensive if you go overboard). It's basically like a hippie Fuddruckers, except that it's not full of lovely Sysco food and doesn't make burgers that taste like six-month-old grill grease. The burger meat itself isn't that great, though; it's under-seasoned and usually not cooked very well.

FLIP sucks; some of their burger concepts sound kind of interesting but they somehow always end up being meh at best (not to mention tiny) and they're always overcooked (they'll ask you how you want it cooked, but they always comes out well-done and then some no matter what you request). Not worth the money. The shakes are actually pretty tasty, but overpriced as well.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'm drink and gonna post mote burgs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm stone and awaiting burg pics.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

One of us...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dennyk posted:

One place near me, Atkins Park, used to have an awesome "black & blue" burger; freshly ground beef mixed with Cajun spices and topped with good blue cheese. That poo poo was awesome. Sadly, it's been off their menu for a while. :(

Another place in the Old Fourth Ward (that's now closed :( ) used to make a burger patty that was 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon, which made for a pretty drat good burger.

Googie Burger in Centennial Park makes a pretty awesome burger (but their buffalo chicken sandwich is even better). Their PB&J shake is amazing (and probably contains enough calories to feed a family of four for a month, but eh, who's counting?).

Yeah! Burger is OK; you can choose from a bunch of different toppings and cheeses (though that poo poo gets expensive if you go overboard). It's basically like a hippie Fuddruckers, except that it's not full of lovely Sysco food and doesn't make burgers that taste like six-month-old grill grease. The burger meat itself isn't that great, though; it's under-seasoned and usually not cooked very well.

FLIP sucks; some of their burger concepts sound kind of interesting but they somehow always end up being meh at best (not to mention tiny) and they're always overcooked (they'll ask you how you want it cooked, but they always comes out well-done and then some no matter what you request). Not worth the money. The shakes are actually pretty tasty, but overpriced as well.

Atl :respek:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna head over and try Burger Circus! I'm mad excite.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Yo next time you burging out, send me a line. Let's go.

Oh and I got to take you to morton's for a burger. And we got to hit Robuchon for a fancy french style mini burger.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Gonna head over and try Burger Circus! I'm mad excite.

gently caress yeah!

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Mac donalds had these

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

One is chicken the other is pork. Sadly not burgs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

caberham posted:

Yo next time you burging out, send me a line. Let's go.

Oh and I got to take you to morton's for a burger. And we got to hit Robuchon for a fancy french style mini burger.

Sounds like a plan!

Speaking of which, Burger Circus was dece enough.

I liked the aesthetic. They had "50s American Diner" down to a T.

Amazing shakes, too. Probably top tier shake making.

But this Is what y'all came to see.

Preeeetty good burg. I had the Whole Show (burg, cheese, fried egg, beetroot, lettuce, tomato, spicy mayo)

Sloppy as heck to eat. Pretty tasty.

But unfortunately, their fry game is NOT strong. I got one of the few burns without "circus sauce" on their menu, and I'm glad of it. It was terrible. I couldn't even finish it.

Overall 7/10, might burg again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Shame about the fries. I had the same burg you did oddly enough, and a salted Carmel shake.

I'm going to be honest. If I get fries with a meal, I generally only eat a few. I'm there for the main attraction.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
had a good burg in brixton for lunch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Guys

It's happening.

I convinced my wife to pick up the makings for burgs on her way home from getting coffee with her friends.

It's gonna be a full on grilled burger fest right here in my own home AND I'M THE CHEF! GODDAMN.

BUT she forgot to get pickles. I'm trying to compensate for this devastating set back but it's really happening right now. gently caress.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stay focused!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Holy gently caress, I've been given the thumbs up to deep fry onion rings as well. This is getting intense.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

get pickles somehow bbc.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Apparently there are some in the fridge that were discovered.
At first I was skeptical but have been re-assured there are pickles of some kind present.

I make pickled eggs.
I asked her if she was sure she wasn't just seeing the eggs and was told "No there are pickles". I'll keep you posted.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm enjoying this play by play burg update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:f5:

• Locked thread