Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just got back from Baylor's Spring Game. It was cozy and wet and nice. LaQuan McGowan, our 400lb tight end caught a pass and nearly murdered the FS for 25 yards, so that was fun. Seth Russell looked pretty good, Chris Johnson looked pretty bad, and Jarrett Stidham looked like a very talented true freshman. Saw some nice things on both ends of the field. Also, a 400lb Tight End caught a pass for 25 yards and was one dropped ball away from having two catches on the day. Baylor is going to have another Sumo Wrestler Touchdown this year, guys. Possibly more than one.

Also, Baylor's DBs got beat for big catches a few times, but at least to my eyes and a few others they seem to be getting their head around to focus on the ball a lot more frequently than they have in the past, which is an encouraging thought.

https://instagram.com/p/0eHV7evB3J/

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So what's up with streams for the japan game?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

So what's up with streams for the japan game?

So apparently I was wrong, it's not being streamed at all because it isn't being broadcast at all. :(

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I guess we'll have to make due with this https://twitter.com/PUTigerFootball/status/579118359427616769

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So what time in Eastern Standard (God's Chosen Timezone) is this going to be because I kinda want to see this

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

So what time in Eastern Standard (God's Chosen Timezone) is this going to be because I kinda want to see this

Midnight tonight. So about 40 minutes from now. But it's not being broadcast so there's no way to see it if you aren't physically there.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It starts in like the next half hour, midnight, eastern.

I guess Princeton's football twitter is gonna tweet the gently caress out of the game

https://twitter.com/PUTigerFootball/status/579121160484462592/video/1

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Sash! posted:

I think the only two states that could have happened were Indiana (if Notre Dame went to the Big Ten) and Pennsylvania (if Pitt had gone to the Big Ten or dark wizardry caused Penn State go to ACC).

Aside from those three I mean

I think BYU to the Pac 12 isn't a crazy idea

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Groucho Marxist posted:

BYU doesn't schedule any sports for Sundays. Not a direct issue with football, of course, but that would cause issues with other sports.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Groucho Marxist posted:

I think it make sense, but I'm not sure it would ever happen.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Pakled posted:

BYU doesn't schedule any sports for Sundays. Not a direct issue with football, of course, but that would cause issues with other sports.

That wouldn't be a huge issue to work around. Every conference BYU had been in, and even the NCAA tournament have worked around it. I don't see it happening because Stanford and Cal don't want BYU in their conference for political reasons. The Sunday sports thing is an excuse. Although the two are related since they both stem from the Mormon church's ownership if the school.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Princeton up 13

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
loving Princeton scheduling these cupcakes! :argh:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
So in 2030 does Princeton go for a Threepeat National Championship (of Japan)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I AIN'T SAYING I'MA DO NOTHIN' PAWL ALL I KNOW IS THIS WIKYPEDIA SAYS TREES ARE REAL IMPORTANT TO SHINTOS SO MAYBE A LITTLE SPIKE-80 WOULD TAKE SOME OF THE KAMI OUT OF THIS HERE MORI ROLL drat TIGERS

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Tony Sanchez will turn UNLV around and it will join a P5 conference!! Just you wait!!!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Commodore Mason takes four gunships to Japan and forces them to open their ports (to division one recruiting).

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just got back from Baylor's Spring Game. It was cozy and wet and nice. LaQuan McGowan, our 400lb tight end caught a pass and nearly murdered the FS for 25 yards, so that was fun. Seth Russell looked pretty good, Chris Johnson looked pretty bad, and Jarrett Stidham looked like a very talented true freshman. Saw some nice things on both ends of the field. Also, a 400lb Tight End caught a pass for 25 yards and was one dropped ball away from having two catches on the day. Baylor is going to have another Sumo Wrestler Touchdown this year, guys. Possibly more than one.

Also, Baylor's DBs got beat for big catches a few times, but at least to my eyes and a few others they seem to be getting their head around to focus on the ball a lot more frequently than they have in the past, which is an encouraging thought.

https://instagram.com/p/0eHV7evB3J/

If the dbs improve well have a chance. I think russell will be pretty good. But it doesnt matter, the only fun victory this year will be killing wvu and if we can steal the tcu game nothing else matters because baylor always loses everything

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

If the dbs improve well have a chance. I think russell will be pretty good. But it doesnt matter, the only fun victory this year will be killing wvu and if we can steal the tcu game nothing else matters because baylor always loses everything

I know basketball still hurts, but try not to go full despair on me.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
NCAA WRestling finals are on ESPN tonight 8PM-11PM. Since nobody likes basketball anyway and Japan isn't playing Princeton ya'll should watch. If nothing else, do it for Sparty.

Team Standings going in to the finals...
code:
+-------+-----------------------+-------+
| Place |        School         | Score |
|     1 | Ohio State            | 94    |
|     2 | Iowa                  | 84    |
|     3 | Edinburo              | 75.5  |
|     4 | Missouri              | 69.5  |
|     5 | Cornell               | 67.5  |
|     6 | Penn State            | 63.5  |
|     7 | Oklahoma State        | 61    |
|     8 | Minnesota             | 59.5  |
|     9 | Nebraska              | 59    |
|    10 | Virginia Tech         | 56    |
|    69 | Michigan State        | -0.5  |
Sparty No!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
There's a Scottish wrestling team?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

It's a small school in northwestern pa.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Thoguh posted:

NCAA WRestling finals are on ESPN tonight 8PM-11PM. Since nobody likes basketball anyway and Japan isn't playing Princeton ya'll should watch. If nothing else, do it for Sparty.

Team Standings going in to the finals...
code:
| Place |        School         | Score |
|     1 | Ohio State            | 94    |
|     2 | Iowa                  | 84    |
|     3 | Edinburo              | 75.5  |
|     4 | Missouri              | 69.5  |
|     5 | Cornell               | 67.5  |
|     6 | Penn State            | 63.5  |
|     7 | Oklahoma State        | 61    |
|     8 | Minnesota             | 59.5  |
|     9 | Nebraska              | 59    |
|    10 | Virginia Tech         | 56    |
|    69 | Michigan State        | -0.5  |
Sparty No!

My favorite thing about wrestling scoring is that you can get negative points.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Frinkahedron posted:

My favorite thing about wrestling scoring is that you can get negative points.

Thank loving god that doesn't happen in football.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The Muschamp Era would've somehow been even more painful.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Safeties and defensive touchdowns should subtract points from the team on offense instead of awarding them to the defense :unsmigghh:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Punting taking away a point would be kind of interesting.

I mean, it would probably completely ruin the game, but I'm for anything that makes real football more like playing the NCAA games with your drunk roommates.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

Safeties and defensive touchdowns should subtract points from the team on offense instead of awarding them to the defense :unsmigghh:

I've thought that about the safety before.

See, this is why we need some sort of spring game series to test crazy ideas like this in semi-live conditions.

Also schools should be allowed to play a spring exhibition game instead of the lame games against yourself and hear DUDE QB BAMA IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER HE THREW A 90 YARD PASS ON THE FIRST PLAY

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I know basketball still hurts, but try not to go full despair on me.

Basketball is the only clutch sport we had and now its gone forever too. Enjoy your baylor fandom well never win

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

I've thought that about the safety before.

See, this is why we need some sort of spring game series to test crazy ideas like this in semi-live conditions.

Also schools should be allowed to play a spring exhibition game instead of the lame games against yourself and hear DUDE QB BAMA IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER HE THREW A 90 YARD PASS ON THE FIRST PLAY

That wasn't our Spring game, that was Florida

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

The Muschamp Era would've somehow been even more painful.

Didn't Florida score negative points vs Missouri?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Didn't Florida score negative points vs Missouri?

Mercifully, no. It certainly felt like it. We just hastened Mizzou's scoring pace.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Mercifully, no. It certainly felt like it. We just hastened Mizzou's scoring pace.

We're thankful, Lord knows Mizzou could have used that help in a lot of other games.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A pick six or fumble to touchdown should be for sure -6, to -8 depending on PAT or 2 point conversion for the team that lost the ball to begin with.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

Are negative scores allowed in this scheme? Because they should be.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

A pick six or fumble to touchdown should be for sure -6, to -8 depending on PAT or 2 point conversion for the team that lost the ball to begin with.

Honestly, this would place appropriate PPG blame on the offense. Just for perception.

Man, Muschamp's PPG would've been incredi-bad. Like it was already incredibly bad, but it would force contraction from the vacuum.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Field goals should be worth a point for every ten yard increment.

Missed field goals should be -2 points.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
We should collectively agree on an alternate scoring system that includes point deductions/increases, then run a season-long thread posting final scores for all games.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
For offense's sake we should award bonus points to trick play TDs and scoring plays >80 yards.

Fat man TDs are worth double for defenses and 1.5x for offenses(sneaking an OT out as a receiver isn't as awesome as some DT picking a pass at the line and rumbling 60 yards for the score).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

We should collectively agree on an alternate scoring system that includes point deductions/increases, then run a season-long thread posting final scores for all games.

I would be down with this. It would be kind of neat to see how things turn out with something a little more silly. We should only do it if a team can be so bad that they get into the negatives though.

• Locked thread