Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ragequit posted:

You don't need to level up to 99 at all though. I also played most battles on fast forward, but I assumed most people did that. I just can't imagine it taking that long to beat.

Did you do everything, though? All the variants of the bosses, getting the vampire job, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Did you do everything, though? All the variants of the bosses, getting the vampire job, etc?

Yup, sure did. Every single sidequest.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Eh, people take different amounts of time to play through games. This is normal. I take plenty long myself, without actually consciously faffing around.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are there any 16bit games that look as great as Pirate's Curse? They don't have to be on the 3DS but given their comparison to one, I figured I'd post here.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

noirstronaut posted:

Are there any 16bit games that look as great as Pirate's Curse? They don't have to be on the 3DS but given their comparison to one, I figured I'd post here.

Yoshi's Island and Garou Mark Of The Wolves come instantly to mind, but those are obviously standout exceptions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
11 days to go. Or more. I just want to spend my coins. Get it over with.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Best case scenario is OoT 3D being an option, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a bunch of the same games that are already offered.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Metal Slug

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looper posted:

Metal Slug

Metal Slug was MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC not 16 bit :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

the truth posted:

Best case scenario is OoT 3D being an option, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a bunch of the same games that are already offered.

Naw. Best case is 4 swords. IE: something you can't get right now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They'll probably bring back the time-limited promo stuff. Like that version of Donkey Kong with the level that was missing from it originally. Probably one or two games that haven't been otherwise available digitally. If they're feeling fancy, they might even offer the 3DS Ambassador games.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did the Ambassador version of Four Swords support co op like the old version did?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have it under good authority that it will be and only be Star Fox II

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Xenomrph posted:

Did the Ambassador version of Four Swords support co op like the old version did?

Four Swords wasn't an ambassador game, it was just free to download for a week or two sometime last year. I'm pretty sure it was a 3DS remake too.
But yes, you could play it with other people over local wi-fi, otherwise what would be the point?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

raditts posted:

Four Swords wasn't an ambassador game, it was just free to download for a week or two sometime last year. I'm pretty sure it was a 3DS remake too.
But yes, you could play it with other people over local wi-fi, otherwise what would be the point?

It's worth mentioning a couple things. It's a DSi game so that's neat, but it has no download play and it's impossible to get it at all nowadays. Not even for money.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't it also a solo adventure? And the only cannon Zelda game that is not available any more.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't it also a solo adventure? And the only cannon Zelda game that is not available any more.

Yeah they added a 1 player mode like Four Swords adventures where you control all 4 at once.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah they added a 1 player mode like Four Swords adventures where you control all 4 at once.

No they added a 1 player mode where you control two Links. It sucks and is nothing like FSA which is actually good.

If by some weird chance Four Swords is made available via Club Nintendo (it won't be) don't get it unless there's literally nothing else you haven't played. It is not a good game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Should I get Outrun 3D? I don't really play racing games that much, but would I enjoy it?

e: Also, out of the games made by Renegade Kid, the only ones I should really care about are Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter, and Moon Chronicles, right? Is there a secret treasure I'm missing?

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 21, 2015

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Outrun 3D looks awesome as for the gameplay....it's pretty much time attack arcade racer. It's a fun pick up and quick play type thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the truth posted:

I'm hopin they'll throw up Fire Emblem.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

noirstronaut posted:

Pirate's Curse isn't 16-bit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Ok.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Housh posted:

Outrun 3D looks awesome as for the gameplay....it's pretty much time attack arcade racer. It's a fun pick up and quick play type thing.

Agreed, also the music is great and legendary. At least the original three Out Run songs are (there are also 2 new songs which aren't bad).

The game is worth its price, for sure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

noirstronaut posted:

Should I get Outrun 3D? I don't really play racing games that much, but would I enjoy it?

e: Also, out of the games made by Renegade Kid, the only ones I should really care about are Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter, and Moon Chronicles, right? Is there a secret treasure I'm missing?

Renegade Kid also did the two Dementium games for the DS, they're both pretty neat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dementium is getting a 3DS port (and it won't be episodic like Moon).

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I am very much a pussybitch™ and not into horror games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I want all of these loving Phoenix Wright themes...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/21/ace-attorney-3ds-themes-join-the-theme-shop-in-japan/

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Holy poo poo I love that Dot Characters theme! What are the chances we'll see these in the U.S.?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'll show up sooner or later, Capcom's generally pretty good about that sort of thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I am very much a pussybitch™

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Did Dual Destinies ever get with more DLC after the orca case?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Japanese version has a quiz mode DLC but it wasn't and will not be released internationally.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Japanese version has a quiz mode DLC but it wasn't and will not be released internationally.

And for those wondering why, it's because it's about Japanese culture.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Gutcruncher posted:

It's worth mentioning a couple things. It's a DSi game so that's neat, but it has no download play and it's impossible to get it at all nowadays. Not even for money.

this game is how i sold my ambassador 3DS for over $300

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

strap on revenge posted:

this game is how i sold my ambassador 3DS for over $300

Hahah..that's awesome.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Four Swords Adventures is really Good and it sucks that I'll never be able to replay it with four people because how the hell will I get three other people with gba's and link cables together to play through it? I don't even know where mine are. I'm sure you can emulate it but the logistics of that would seem to be an even bigger pain.

Edit: One of my best friends from high school literally only started hanging out with us because we recruited him to be our fourth nerd for Four Swords and Crystal Chronicles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

Four Swords Adventures is really Good and it sucks that I'll never be able to replay it with four people because how the hell will I get three other people with gba's and link cables together to play through it? I don't even know where mine are. I'm sure you can emulate it but the logistics of that would seem to be an even bigger pain.

Edit: One of my best friends from high school literally only started hanging out with us because we recruited him to be our fourth nerd for Four Swords and Crystal Chronicles.

A beautiful Nintendo friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Please teach me how to get beautiful Nintendo friends that won't bail on me at any given opportunity. ;___;