Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

6-year plan man posted:

Step 3: Profit

It doesn't sound like they do much of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This show is basically a hobby we get to look at every few years.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

It doesn't sound like they do much of this

Doc Hammer in the commentary says he makes "slightly-better-than-a-manager-at-The-Gap money".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
:siren: Adult Swim is repeatedly streaming the entire series. :siren: They just started over after showing All That and Gargantua 2, the online epilogue, and the season 6 trailer. No date announcement added to the season 6 trailer, sadly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Picked up season 5 BRD yesterday. Completely forgot that Dean quotes the Smiths in the first episode.

"Black is how I feel, black is what I wear".

Very rarely do I watch a show that references music I actually like.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pope Guilty posted:

:siren: Adult Swim is repeatedly streaming the entire series. :siren: They just started over after showing All That and Gargantua 2, the online epilogue, and the season 6 trailer. No date announcement added to the season 6 trailer, sadly.

Hey man, we don't even need a Season 6, the show's perfect as it is, why can't you just accept that? :v:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Doc Hammer said in a recent panel they are taking their sweet time because they want it to be good. They see too many series rushed out and end up disappointing the fans. They want them to have the best they got and that takes time.

And I loving agree. Always worth the wait.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Doc Hammer said in a recent panel they are taking their sweet time because they want it to be good. They see too many series rushed out and end up disappointing the fans. They want them to have the best they got and that takes time.

And I loving agree. Always worth the wait.

Really just par for the Venture Bros course. Every season has been good, I do not have a problem with them doing what they need to do.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is it me or is Richard Impossible's first suicide attempt ("Sally! I did it all for you, Sally!") in Now Museum, Now You Don't a reference to The Omen?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

Is it me or is Richard Impossible's first suicide attempt ("Sally! I did it all for you, Sally!") in Now Museum, Now You Don't a reference to The Omen?

I thought that too. I'm sure it could be a reference to something else though.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Picked up season 5 BRD yesterday. Completely forgot that Dean quotes the Smiths in the first episode.

"Black is how I feel, black is what I wear".

Very rarely do I watch a show that references music I actually like.

The commentaries make me want to be a Doc Hammer groupie

"It's one of those record stores you'd go in if you were looking for a Magazine album"

"You can just tell, like "...you don't listen to Joy Division."

Mmm there's no way you aren't talking directly to me

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

The commentaries make me want to be a Doc Hammer groupie

I've been mainlining the commentaries the past couple of weeks, and totally agree with this. And the commentaries constantly remind you how loving dorky these guys have to be in order to make this show, it's a delight. They're essentially Pete and Billy.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

They're essentially Pete and Billy.

Pete White, voiced by: Christopher McCulloch
Master Billy Quizboy (William Whalen), voiced by: Doc Hammer

hmmm, I think you are on to something!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Machai posted:

Pete White, voiced by: Christopher McCulloch
Master Billy Quizboy (William Whalen), voiced by: Doc Hammer

hmmm, I think you are on to something!

Somebody pointed out (maybe Doc in a panel?) that Billy's voice is just "Doc's voice plus lisp".

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So we're in agreement that Doc Hammer is the sidekick in that relationship.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

prefect posted:

Somebody pointed out (maybe Doc in a panel?) that Billy's voice is just "Doc's voice plus lisp".

Although his singing voice (in Weep, anyway, don't know about his other bands) is literally just Dr. Mrs. the Monarch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Although his singing voice (in Weep, anyway, don't know about his other bands) is literally just Dr. Mrs. the Monarch.

Dr. Mrs. the Monarch and King Gorilla were so close in voice that it made me uncomfortable at times.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
In the first few episodes of Venture Bros, Dr. Girlfriend's voice was kind funny, and kind of creepy.

A season or two later, I realized that now I find her voice to be rather sexy, and totally forget that it's supposed to be weird until some other character mentions it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Robot Hobo posted:

In the first few episodes of Venture Bros, Dr. Girlfriend's voice was kind funny, and kind of creepy.

A season or two later, I realized that now I find her voice to be rather sexy, and totally forget that it's supposed to be weird until some other character mentions it.

This is you in the bedroom now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61-IXxW5BM

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Everytime they do voices in commentary it's amazing. Doubly so if it's a character they don't even voice.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Robot Hobo posted:

I don't see anything wrong with this

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

So we're in agreement that Doc Hammer is the sidekick in that relationship.

Just eat the pennies, Hammer.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Just started watching the commentaries and holy poo poo it adds a whole new depth to the series, essentially doubling its worthwhile watching length for me.

Also, guess what episode/season combo my avatar is from, and no googling!

subtle and correct
\/\/\/\/\/\/

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 22, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Buttmeister posted:

Also, guess where my avatar is from, and no googling!

Your successful art therapy sessions?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's episode one of season 4, right?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
It was whatever season opener did the Tarantino style plot with action comics #1.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Buttmeister posted:

Just started watching the commentaries and holy poo poo it adds a whole new depth to the series, essentially doubling its worthwhile watching length for me.

Also, guess what episode/season combo my avatar is from, and no googling!

subtle and correct
\/\/\/\/\/\/

Don't have to guess. My only question about that scene is what is that logo on Brock's shirt? Looks like a hocky-stylized A. Like a hockey sweater and the team's name or city starts with A or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It looks like it wanted to be a Nordiques logo but couldn't because of trademark infringement.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Also chiming in with "just started watching the commentaries". They're almost as good as the Futurama ones, which are clearly the best commentaries available for anything. Good stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda wish they'd close the windows because you can hear every car outside.

I love them talking about how people thought the waitress at Don Hell's was Trianna and Jackson says "one of Doc's Ex's".

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I like how it feels more "real" with the background noises, calls, and stuff though. You can pretty clearly hear doc lighting cigarettes with his ZIppo, which plays into the whole "Let's all Smoking" theme they did at dragon con a couple years back, which I just love.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Jim Thirlwell posted on Facebook today that Volume II of the soundtrack will be released soon.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Just in case someone else tries a google search like I did and finds nothing, the relevant part of the post :

quote:

Also planning the release of a new soundtrack album of a certain cartoon that JG works on.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Just in case someone else tries a google search like I did and finds nothing, the relevant part of the post :

Mind linking the rest of it for us?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I probably should have done that in the first place, yeah. This should be good :

https://www.facebook.com/28556888681/photos/a.68121858681.73141.28556888681/10152918648558682/?type=1

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Watching the one with Molotov from season 5, in hind sight you can tell what was going on. Its pretty obvious that she was being used as a tool to purge part of the OSI as she makes sure that Shoreleave is out of the way before killing Tank Top and the rest of the new recruits. Even when Shoreleave attacks her, she just knocks him out and runs off.

I love that they had trouble naming the OSI guys with GI Joe style pun names because they were all taken!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

twistedmentat posted:

Watching the one with Molotov from season 5, in hind sight you can tell what was going on. Its pretty obvious that she was being used as a tool to purge part of the OSI as she makes sure that Shoreleave is out of the way before killing Tank Top and the rest of the new recruits. Even when Shoreleave attacks her, she just knocks him out and runs off.

I love that they had trouble naming the OSI guys with GI Joe style pun names because they were all taken!

Shuttlecock (the astronaut with the badminton racquet) is still the greatest character ever to appear. Even better than Tank Top.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hughesta posted:

Jim Thirlwell posted on Facebook today that Volume II of the soundtrack will be released soon.

FINALLY

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

prefect posted:

Shuttlecock (the astronaut with the badminton racquet) is still the greatest character ever to appear. Even better than Tank Top.

What, no love for Bum Rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So awesome character actor Jeffrey Wright is doing voices, according to JP's Twitter.