Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I havent played the Saints Row games. are they good, non stux posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YefBXDjICbA

:phone: What's that, somebody's praising GTA IV and/or badmouthing Saints Row on the internet?! I'll be right over!

For what it's worth I barely even like Saints Row also. Saints Row and GTA almost as whole series' are great examples of open world games that would've been way better imo without the open world.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Ye. I really like em. They dont have the offputting tone Rockstar games always have.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bicyclops posted:

I like them but I understand people that don't. SR4 in particular was probably my favorite game last year but

CJacobs posted:

open world games that would've been way better imo without the open world.

is a pretty good description of it. 3 is pretty bland but not terrible. I haven't played much of 2 but it's pretty janky but very detailed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stux posted:

im playing GTA 4 and its expansions again and it's not even funny how much better than every saints row it is woah
4/10

Stux posted:

actually GTA 4 is fantastic and pushed the series back to where it was headed after the huge misstep that was san andreas

2/10
Attackung saints row had a bit more potential

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

They are very good.

Saints Row 2 is very good and well structured
Saints Row 3 is very good and not as well structured but well into crazytown
Saints Row 4 is very good and so far into crazytown that you have superpowers and aliens and poo poo and it's really not even a GTA knockoff anymore at this point
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is very good and outright takes place in Hell and you fly around with wings

and Saints Row 1 was only on 360 and nobody really cares about it because it was just okay when it first came out i guess? just play SR2 instead, it's good poo poo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

ive only played 3 but i liked it. it's a RPG/shooter pretty much, but it's really silly, like it's a good game to play if you're high because you do poo poo like beat people to death with a giant purple dildo. if you just wanna goof around and have a good laugh and listen to sweet tunes, it's a great game to play.

i didn't want to replay it after i plat'd, but i felt it was worth the money. i cant imagine the other games are much different.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

For what it's worth I barely even like Saints Row also. Saints Row and GTA almost as whole series' are great examples of open world games that would've been way better imo without the open world.

Lol, then what would they have been then? Corridor shooters?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

saints row actually has pretty good edm channels unlike gta's weird rear end ambient bullshit these days

like Rise was good in GTA3 and VC & SA make sense to not really have EDM stations but 4 and 5 were some bullshit, like 5 had loving paul mccartney on the GST but they couldnt get a single decent edm song in the game? bury every copy of gta4 and 5 in landfills and zero out every hard drive containing those lovely games

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

gay skull posted:

and Saints Row 1 was only on 360 and nobody really cares about it because it was just okay when it first came out i guess? just play SR2 instead, it's good poo poo

Saints Row 1 had the best easy listening station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzs0Ii5aDv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uD0K_w5OM

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Saints row two let me run over pedestrians in a modified silver and purple semi with armor plating and spikes sticking out of it's wheels. All while listening to Boy George and Tears for Fears.

Meanwhile, GTA4, a much newer game, wouldn't even let me drive because having cars control well or realistically would make too much sense in a game title Grand Theft Auto

Saints Row three, while it had a pretty meh story and obviously rushed player based decisions. Actually lets you drive where you want and steal what you want after completing the best set-pieces the game has.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can tell Volition has fun making Saints Row. Rockstar, on the other hand, feels like really bitter middle-aged men who desperately want to be cool again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

gay skull posted:

Everyone using a unique navi is just running Android with a custom ROM and a cute frontend. The frontends are real simple, too; Chaud had the source code for Protoman memorized, FFS. All those generic Navis running around? iOS users and people who haven't messed with their phones much.

MMBN even had loving deep web, like Lan would jack into someone's computer and then find a proxy with a portal to the deep web and they called it the undernet but man MMBN was made before deep web was much of a thing :stare:

Don't kids nowadays have iPads and poo poo in class? All I remember from the schools in MMBN was them making you dick around on the internet for few minutes before the next crisis began. I'd love to go to school and just goof around online for a few and then go home.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Saints Row 3 was really boring and not funny at all. I haven't played the other ones but if they're anything like 3 you'll play for about 30 minutes and then go do something more interesting.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buck Turgidson posted:

Saints Row 3 was really boring and not funny at all. I haven't played the other ones but if they're anything like 3 you'll play for about 30 minutes and then go do something more interesting.

Like play Saints Row 4.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

gay skull posted:

saints row actually has pretty good edm channels unlike gta's weird rear end ambient bullshit these days

like Rise was good in GTA3 and VC & SA make sense to not really have EDM stations but 4 and 5 were some bullshit, like 5 had loving paul mccartney on the GST but they couldnt get a single decent edm song in the game? bury every copy of gta4 and 5 in landfills and zero out every hard drive containing those lovely games

True story, techno music is for retarded loving retards

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
OH MY GOD I'M ON SO MANY DRUGS

oontz oontz oontz oontz x 1000000000000

this is amazing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Saints row two let me run over pedestrians in a modified silver and purple semi with armor plating and spikes sticking out of it's wheels. All while listening to Boy George and Tears for Fears.

Meanwhile, GTA4, a much newer game, wouldn't even let me drive because having cars control well or realistically would make too much sense in a game title Grand Theft Auto

Saints Row three, while it had a pretty meh story and obviously rushed player based decisions. Actually lets you drive where you want and steal what you want after completing the best set-pieces the game has.

actually the driving in 4 is sublime once you get used to the handling model and throwing the cars into corners is great fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

saints row is a middle aged man because it tries too hard and just ends up looking dumb. it's a trash game with humor somehow worse than GTA somehow. it's poo poo tier along with other goon favourite "funny" games like borderlands and south park

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There is jack poo poo in terms of anime games coming to the wii-u outside of Xenoblade and Zelda.

It has more e-shop titles coming out for it than actual physical games. The PS3 even has more of those weird rear end games coming for it, and it's stuff like Tokyo Ghost Hunters and some weird fighting game featuring that orange haired anime girl from all the memes. I have no idea if either of these things are good, but they'll probably drop to five dollars like Aquapazza or the Atelier games and I will wind up getting them just to try.

Like goddamn the Wii-U releases for 2015 are loving sparse and 3/4ths of what's coming out is all TBA. The Vita of all things has more poo poo coming out for it and has actual dates, and like the Wii-U isn't even getting ports of 3DS games like Monster Hunter 4U. It's a very sad state of affairs. The Wii-U isn't even worthy enough to get a port of Tales of Zesteria despite the game being well within the parameters to run on the hardware.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
The first saints row is the only good one lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gay skull posted:

They are very good.

Saints Row 2 is very good and well structured
Saints Row 3 is very good and not as well structured but well into crazytown
Saints Row 4 is very good and so far into crazytown that you have superpowers and aliens and poo poo and it's really not even a GTA knockoff anymore at this point
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is very good and outright takes place in Hell and you fly around with wings

There's enough continuing story in the games that I'd recommend watching a SR1 LP. They even call back to that stuff in 4.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Rockstar spent $250,000 to set up cameras on roofs watching rain so that their effects dept could the appropriate amount of dark, blurry, lovely weather for you to drive around in their dark, gritty, realistic GTA 4.

Two hundred fifty thousand american dollars

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Back in the day going the extra mile for detail and believability was a good thing. It was called bumping the lamp

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Back in the day going the extra mile for detail and believability was a good thing. It was called bumping the lamp
If you bump a lamp it crashes to the floor and breaks, dumbass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

Don't kids nowadays have iPads and poo poo in class? All I remember from the schools in MMBN was them making you dick around on the internet for few minutes before the next crisis began. I'd love to go to school and just goof around online for a few and then go home.

NYC public schools just lifted their phone ban and is letting teachers decided how to use kids smart phones in class if the want them. bitch rear end charter schools expel problem students at the drop of a hat and spend all the money other schools use for special ed and remedial classes on ipads or whatever to make their photo ops look good but i don't think most regular schools have universal tablet programs yet, although lots of them have invested in like ipad carts that teachers can wheel in when they need them like the tv/vcr in the 90's

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's actually really weird that so many schools still have chalkboards instead of screens.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

It's actually really weird that so many schools still have chalkboards instead of screens.

a lot of them replaced chalk boards with white boards about 10 years ago and now just use projectors on the white boards pretending they're screens

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

a lot of them replaced chalk boards with white boards about 10 years ago and now just use projectors on the white boards pretending they're screens

I guess that only puts them 50 years out of date instead of over 100.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Stux posted:

saints row is a middle aged man because it tries too hard and just ends up looking dumb. it's a trash game with humor somehow worse than GTA somehow. it's poo poo tier along with other goon favourite "funny" games like borderlands and south park

What would you do if chie herself confessed to loving borderlands and South Park?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

this is my entire college but some rooms still have chalk boards

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I've had a couple teachers with chalkboard and they both did far more with that chalkboard than any teacher with a Smartboard.

Whoever mentioned mmbn school-> catastrophe. You reminded me that I was in typing class on 9/11. Goofing off on a computer, then sent home.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you bump a lamp it crashes to the floor and breaks, dumbass.

Kinect has detected that player two is having a severe medical emergency, would you like Cortana to Bing the closest hospital?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

abagofcheetos posted:

Kinect has detected that player two is having a severe medical emergency, would you like Cortana to Bing the closest hospital?
Fallen and can't get up? Perhaps now is the time to use the Xbox Pizza Hut Pizza Delivery Service. Please select your toppings.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've come to the conclusion that Mario kart 7 is the best in the series

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Pretty much all the Mario Karts are good but I only really loved Double Dash.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Bicyclops posted:

Good Games, 2 has the best city but is hit or miss on the PC. 3 & 4 are quality ports with the zaniness turned up to 11 but the city is kind of meh.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone knows that the best Mario Kart game is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm playing Final Fantasy 7.

It's Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Terper posted:

I'm playing Final Fantasy 7.

It's Good.
It's pretty good, but age has definitely not been kind to it.

• Locked thread