Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Space Butler posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weiner/the-gentlemans-single-use-monocle

And I thought the kitten cardgame was a bad webcomic kickstarter.

wow that's so unnecessary I have to have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Cheez posted:

I guess when you take it out of the wrapper it stops being funny because... jokes?

The wrapper is the entirety of the joke. The joke isn't that it's a cheap monocle, the joke is that it's a cheap monocle that comes in a package that makes it look like a condom.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
At least I get the sense that he knows it's a terrible product, unlike the kittens thing.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

DoctorTristan posted:

It was a joke in one of his old comics that I can't be arsed to dig up.

Boom.

Funny and straight to the point unlike the most recent comic. Why is SMBC so bad now?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

new thread title

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
yeah, it's dumb, but that's the point. It's a joke. Might as well have a go at the people who make fake plastic dog poop or those plastic ice cubes with fake flies in them.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

SaltLick posted:

Dude is banking 9k a month off Patreon + ads from his website and now this. I cannot fault this man for conning idiots

Idiots are the very people we need to strive to protect.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fatkraken posted:

yeah, it's dumb, but that's the point. It's a joke. Might as well have a go at the people who make fake plastic dog poop or those plastic ice cubes with fake flies in them.

jokes should be funny and those are not

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Mildly Amusing posted:

Boom.

Funny and straight to the point unlike the most recent comic. Why is SMBC so bad now?

Now?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SaltLick posted:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/

the comic even explains that it's dumb and more or less a money grab

"This is stupid. Like, weapons grade stupid."

You said it lady!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I don't think you're supposed to actually remove it from the wrapper.

I could see it being a magician's prop just for a cheap laugh.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Ruzihm posted:

I don't think you're supposed to actually remove it from the wrapper.

I could see it being a magician's prop just for a cheap laugh.

I'm gonna kickstart the exact same thing, only with a ziplock seal on one side of the wrapper so That Guy can be clever and repeat the joke endlessly and be the life of every party he's not invited to.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
At least there's some novelty in finding people who can actually produce that product, and good package design.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

At least there's some novelty in finding people who can actually produce that product, and good package design.

When you think about all the ridiculous cheap senseless crap that gets churned out of factories all over the 3rd world it's really no surprise that they could find someone to produce this new cheap senseless crap. At least I guess it'll give the sweatshop workers who've been spending 16 hours every day since they were 10 making fake plastic vomit something new to work on?? (Also their parents and grandparents spent 16 hours a day making fake plastic vomit, that stuff has been around since at least the 30s.)

Fake edit: I'm kidding, I'm sure SMBC will source their cheap senseless crap from a factory with ethical employment practices.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The SMBC thing is being manufactured by a factory in NJ that exclusively employs people with developmental disabilities as a way of making sure they have job skills available.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Nintendo Kid posted:

The SMBC thing is being manufactured by a factory in NJ that exclusively employs people with developmental disabilities as a way of making sure they have job skills available.

it's kind of them to employ smbc fans

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nintendo Kid posted:

a factory in NJ that exclusively employs people with developmental disabilities

So a regular factory in NJ?? :haw:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So a regular factory in NJ?? :haw:

:rimshot:

msyronfire
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/632031561/sixth-digit-stylus-ring-for-everything-a-lifestyle?ref=popular

Where I'm from, it's called a French tickler.

edit: I realize this is a useful device for those with motor function impairments, I just think they shouldn't limit themselves in their marketing.

msyronfire has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Mar 21, 2015

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Stolen from YKS, but this poo poo is loving magical. Iron Hill by darkchall.

quote:

Risks and challenges

im in college and go only 2days a week 3 classes thats the only thing i do so there shouldnt be any risk but if there is i wll over come it

Read the loving rewards :allears:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Noyemi K posted:

quote:

Pledge $1 or more

you get to add the creaters on facebook

Pledge $10 or more

you can follow us on twitter

So what happens if I add them on facebook or follow them on twitter without pledging, does my computer explode or what?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He is in College? Is it like Anime College?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

folks say i need to get a job so my job will be making anime

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

my fundraising plans is to use this money to make the show for adobe after effects you have to pay monthly for that its basically for everything i need to make the show and my folks say i need to get a job so my job will be making anime i draw really good im gonna probably draw it all or use 3d modeling software or just use a drawing tablet when we make the trailer we will let you know little description about the show is high school students in high school there's 6 main characters its the day before final exams on the way home to go study for the exams they meet this strange old women on the roam with her face covered when they go to help her a bright light flash's when they awaken there in this fantasy world the old women reveals her true form as a beautiful women and tell them shes been waiting on hero's to come to this world and save them from the kings who rule this world that's a little sample of it if its interesting back this project and tell your friends i will youtube it too

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's not his first KS, too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29815067/teens-in-cosplay

Is this what anime does to people?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm pretty sure his college is just a uhaul trailer with the word "CALLAGE" spray painted on the side.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's not his first KS, too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29815067/teens-in-cosplay

Is this what anime does to people?

Turn them into idiots who feel entitled to other people's money?

Seriously, he wanted money to buy costumes which he would wear for photographs that he would "send to yall".

quote:

buy alot of cosplay outfits and take pictures and send them to yall and might even make funny 3:00 min videos in the outfits i want this to be episc like smosh or key and peele im gonna need a camera and green screens

I really hope he keeps trying to fund these kinds of projects.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Methinks he's just grasping at straws for ways he can get money out of people.

Like, he actually spends hours and hours coming up with ideas, tossing a few papers at his overflowing trashbin, etc. So long that he actually can't come up with anything that would actually make money, such as "take familys advice and get job".

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Mar 24, 2015

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Noyemi K posted:

Is his pitch video stretched really really weirdly for anyone else? On my screen, the video is about 30 pixels tall for some reason.

edit: refreshed and it fixed, I am sad that it wasn't his incompetence.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

To prove why you should give me money to entertain you with the visual medium of animation, please check out this video.

of me talking into the web camera.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Otisburg posted:

To prove why you should give me money to entertain you with the visual medium of animation, please check out this video.

Yeah but it's only because he needs money to buy his 3d software, 2d animation software, top of the line wacom tablet, etc. etc.

He literally can't do anything without those, you understand, that's why he needs the money! Duh! :cocaine:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Everyone knows an artist is measured by the quality of his tools, not at all by the quality of his art (or lack thereof).

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Even if he's got nothing but the most basic computer/webcam setup I'd have a quantum of respect for his aspirations if he bothered with a flipbook or sketched storyboard held up to the camera.

If duder is struggling I'm not even asking for Bristol, copy paper or something, goddamn.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Otisburg posted:

if he bothered with a flipbook or sketched storyboard held up to the camera.

Uh, no, because then everyone would steal his super awesome and unique (original concept do not steal) IDEAS! :qq:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Otisburg posted:

This reminds me of the goon who Kickstarted his unwritten novel using an animation he comissioned rather than with actual, you know, writing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Even if he's got nothing but the most basic computer/webcam setup I'd have a quantum of respect for his aspirations if he bothered with a flipbook or sketched storyboard held up to the camera.

If duder is struggling I'm not even asking for Bristol, copy paper or something, goddamn.

I was watching Jodorowsky's Dune and that's pretty much how they presented images from the book so you could see what everyone who worked on it or seen the book. And that was good enough.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

edit: whoops many many pages late.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's a android console that lets you play cell phone games... ON YOUR TV.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623845638/zrro-touch-your-tv-from-the-couch?ref=jellop

WHOAH GAME CHANGER.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Otisburg posted:

It's a android console that lets you play cell phone games... ON YOUR TV.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623845638/zrro-touch-your-tv-from-the-couch?ref=jellop

WHOAH GAME CHANGER.

So... an OUYA?
And look it hit funding. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

One million Android games

Literally all Android games

All one million of them