Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Welp.

:wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
it's all happening

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ted Cruz posted:

It's going to take a new generation of courageous conservatives to help make America great again.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is Cruz saying that America isn't great right now?

Why does Ted Cruz hate America?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Blood gates status: Opened

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Let's get the Cruzapalooza started

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I don't understand how people could support a candidate who was actually born in a foreign country, has family ties to radical governments, has an "other" sounding name, and is a one term senator with little experience after railing against a candidate with highly similar attributes.

Or do I....:whatup:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

Let's get the Cruzapalooza started

Please someone with admin powers embed this song in the thread if that's still possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI92T48V7oU
e: Better version to embed.

Cruz'n USA, YEAH! :rock:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 23, 2015

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Ted Cruz is a Senator with only 2 years of experience and a less distinguished legal career than Obama. Yet somehow he is ready to be president and Obama is an inexperienced fool.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

KiteAuraan posted:

Ted Cruz is a Senator with only 2 years of experience and a less distinguished legal career than Obama. Yet somehow he is ready to be president and Obama is an inexperienced fool.

If Obama weren't a blithering idiot he'd be a Republican. Check and mate, libtard. :smug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SirPablo posted:

I don't understand how people could support a candidate who was actually born in a foreign country, has family ties to radical governments, has an "other" sounding name, and is a one term senator with little experience after railing against a candidate with highly similar attributes.

Or do I....:whatup:

At least Hillary won't tap one of the Castro bros early enough to smother efforts to flip the gently caress out about ties to a Castro in the Republican primary.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

DaveWoo posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is Cruz saying that America isn't great right now?

Why does Ted Cruz hate America?

Um, excuse me, black Kenyan Muslim president? How can we be great!?

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
A dry run before tomorrow

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Misandrist Duck posted:

Those jeans say "bring back the 90s" and hell, I agree.

Clinton 2016 :getin:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Is he stealing Perry's "smart guy glasses" bit or does he actually need them? More importantly if they try to Abbey Road off the stage at the actual event, I may laugh my rear end off.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Are those jeans? I thought they were some kind of leopard print yoga pants.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought we were making fun of Cruz's jeans, though I'm not sure why. (Too baggy?)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

De Nomolos posted:

Cruz is announcing an hour away from me. Anyone have suggestions for signs for his appearance at an unaccredited "college"?

My guess is they're not gonna let you in with any signs.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Cliff Racer posted:

I thought we were making fun of Cruz's jeans, though I'm not sure why. (Too baggy?)

I like the length and the flare, very 70s

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

My guess is they're not gonna let you in with any signs.

If they do, they'll have to be approved.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"My world's on fire
How 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it
And I'll never get bored."

Ted Cruz 2016

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.thanhniennews.com/education-youth/deformed-calf-with-two-heads-born-in-vietnam-39993.html

Welp.

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh goons....

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Cliff Racer posted:

It's a political glamour shoot.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Does he actually think he can win, or is this a book deal and tv pundit circuit golden parachute he's going for? It's hard to tell these days.

I mean his announcement in itself is bizarre, but he's announcing so far out, way before anyone else. It just seems strange.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I know political ads are normally bad but that 30 second spot Cruz tweeted was just so bland, lazy, cliche, asinine. How is that not clearly self-parody?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Misandrist Duck posted:

This picture looks like less of a dry run if you look in the right spot.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Wait, those girls aren't twins, but they still dressed them identically. Kind of weird, but not the weirdest thing about this I guess.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Does he actually think he can win, or is this a book deal and tv pundit circuit golden parachute he's going for? It's hard to tell these days.

I mean his announcement in itself is bizarre, but he's announcing so far out, way before anyone else. It just seems strange.

In my opinion I just think that normal, well-adjusted people (barring that, most goons) just cannot fathom the size of the ego you have to have in order to think that you could actually be President. If Cruz really thinks it's his moment, he's going to ride that train to end.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I hate Cruz's loving face so much. Help I can't get any enjoyment out of his idiocy at all because I loathe him so completely.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll say it: what happened to his crotch?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I'll say it: what happened to his crotch?

He took his d*ck out, OP.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I'm inclined to guess book deal because everyone knows its gonna be jeb, but this guy also really thought he could win with the shutdown and his stunt in December, so...

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I just can't imagine someone with ted Cruzs voice as President. Among many other things of course

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Every indication is that Cruz really really wants to be president and is willing to burn the party to the ground if he can't get what he wants.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Wait, those girls aren't twins, but they still dressed them identically. Kind of weird, but not the weirdest thing about this I guess.

Just noticed that even their shoes are the same :catstare:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Bag of Milk posted:

I know political ads are normally bad but that 30 second spot Cruz tweeted was just so bland, lazy, cliche, asinine. How is that not clearly self-parody?

If you want substance, you have to watch the real version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3smCq7Mjo

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I'm more interested in what this says strategically. He's got to know that being under the GOP primary spotlight for long can cause candidates to melt. Is he getting rebuffed when asking for commitments from the big donors and needs to open up for small donation campaigns this early to build momentum?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Good Citizen posted:

He's got to know that being under the GOP primary spotlight for long can cause candidates to melt.

As opposed to the non-spotlight he'd already put himself under? :raise:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Good Citizen posted:

He's got to know that being under the GOP primary spotlight for long can cause candidates to melt.

It's especially dangerous when your face already looks like a wax sculpture stuck under a klieg for a couple hours.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Joementum posted:

If you want substance, you have to watch the real version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3smCq7Mjo

From the comments:

Are these left-leaning people who already dislike him, or conservatives mad that he's reaching out to Hispanic voters?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Cruz is smart in the sense that he knows he has not only no chance of a nomination, but no chance of becoming President so he just starts his race early hoping to catch big donators as early as possible.

But that face....

• Locked thread