Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

lol McBlinky?

I told one of her calling pollsters "As a former Air Wing Marine, I know better than to put an Air Force Colonel in charge of anything less important than a coffee machine" and hung up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
But that doesn't make sense, unless you're trying to insult the office rather than the candidate.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I told one of her calling pollsters "As a former Air Wing Marine, I

Go on :allears:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

We're both in the right thread :)

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I told one of her calling pollsters "As a former Air Wing Marine, I know better than to put an Air Force Colonel in charge of anything less important than a coffee machine" and hung up

Wouldn't it be knowing better than to put them in charge of anything more important than a coffee machine?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

chemosh6969 posted:

Wouldn't it be knowing better than to put them in charge of anything more important than a coffee machine?

It's me, I am the Cole in this scenario

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's me, I am the Cole in this scenario

dont bitch out

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I'll try for you, veins

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'll try for you, veins

You were making fun of the af and then you pussed out.

For the record, the dude that checked you once compared the AF to being in prison and, in the same post, bragged about his TDY to Paris.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

For the record, the dude that checked you once compared the AF to being in prison and, in the same post, bragged about his TDY to Paris.

lmfao

multiple levels of lol in this one

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nah, I stand by the statement and I'm sure I got it right when I was on the phone with the pollster. I'm just realizing I made a dumb wording mistake in the post. It's not pussing out, it's being a good sport about my own mistakes. It's okay to sometimes make mistakes on the internet Veins, and it's okay to recognize those mistakes and have some good humor about it. :3:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

gently caress yeah I did. Either you grab all the poo poo you can on Sam's dime at all times and love it or resort yourself to a career of being bottomed in the showers.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

I still think the coffee machine is among the more mission critical pieces of kit out there.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So, just how dumb is it to take a blow torch to a machine gun tracer round?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-lindenhurst-fireworks-met-20150322-story.html

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

About as dumb as it is to use a .50 round as a hammer.

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/yooUzXR.jpg :nms:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Gotta hand it to him for that field expedient solution.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wild T posted:

field explodient

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wild T posted:

:golfclap:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wild T posted:

I feel like you really enjoyed the latest episode of Archer.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Pesticide20 posted:

I feel like you really enjoyed the latest episode of Archer.

When is this ever not the case?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Hand job.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Every season Ray Gillette is replaced with more and more machinery. He's the show's premiere transhomoist.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Really surprised he hasn't branched into teledildonics yet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Police in the next city over got themselves one of those surplus MRAPs and brought it out to a domestic disturbance. To be fair it was reported that the guy had a gun so it's not like he was just punching holes in the wall or something. I'm kind of envious of the giant ruts these guys dug into this guy's lawn.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Casimir Radon posted:

Police in the next city over got themselves one of those surplus MRAPs and brought it out to a domestic disturbance. To be fair it was reported that the guy had a gun so it's not like he was just punching holes in the wall or something. I'm kind of envious of the giant ruts these guys dug into this guy's lawn.

Heh, speaking of military selling and giving away poo poo; A couple of years back, my country (Norway) sold off a 4 billion underground submarine base for nickles and dimes to a private business man. This business man then turned around and sold it to the russians. Now a russian "research" company is using it. As an added bonus the prime minister who greenlighted the sale is now the secretary general of NATO. :woop:

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 25, 2015

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

GyverMac posted:

Heh, speaking of military selling and giving away poo poo; A couple of years back, my country (Norway) sold off a 4 billion underground submarine base for nickles and dimes to a private business man. This business man then turned around and sold it to the russians. Now a russian "research" company is using it. As an added bonus the prime minister who greenlighted the sale is now the secretary general of NATO. :woop:

And a lot of those 4 billion were NATO funds. :allears:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GyverMac posted:

:stare:

:stonk:

:stonklol:

Uh... you got a link for that?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Uh... you got a link for that?

Base name is "Olavsvern"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olavsvern

Decent Newsweek write-up:
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/03/27/secret-submarine-base-norway-accidentally-handed-russians-314989.html

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:ughh:

Did they put Homer Simpson in charge of surplus sales or something?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
On the plus side, NATO knows where the base is.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Found in the schadenfreude thread in PYF:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:ughh:

Did they put Homer Simpson in charge of surplus sales or something?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Scandinavian defence. It's like when a few years ago Sweden mothballed their entire fleet of fully functioning sub hunter-spec Sea Knights, literally putting them in a museum, because at the time the political consensus was that Russia was totally their BFF now so they sure as poo poo wouldn't be needing those things ever again, right guys? :downs:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Scandinavian defence. It's like when a few years ago Sweden mothballed their entire fleet of fully functioning sub hunter-spec Sea Knights, literally putting them in a museum, because at the time the political consensus was that Russia was totally their BFF now so they sure as poo poo wouldn't be needing those things ever again, right guys? :downs:

Sometimes I think maybe having several of your military bases and hardware manufacturing facilities act as pork-barrel concessions for individual Senators and Representatives and thus immune from mothballing might not be such a bad thing, after all.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I can only hope that its all infact a very convoluted and expensive plan to make the base a honeypot for russian intelligence so the Norwegian/NATO intelligence agencies can have a close look at how they operate.

Bah, who am I kidding. Welcome to Scandinavian politics, its what happens when left wing idealists get free reign.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh hey. We saw this Russian sub sneaking into your sub pen and concluded they were there to rip off your stereo. So we sunk them, no need to thank us :haw:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scandinavia needs to get back to their old time roots and push those dang slavs off that prime farm land.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Larry Parrish posted:

Scandinavia needs to get back to their old time roots and push those dang slavs off that prime farm land.

If you're going to go full retro I'm pulling for the Mongols to get ripped to the tits on fermented yak milk and Golden Horde everything from Bejing to Kiev to Bagdad

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Smiling Jack posted:

If you're going to go full retro I'm pulling for the Mongols to get ripped to the tits on fermented yak milk and Golden Horde everything from Bejing to Kiev to Bagdad

It'd probably be an improvement.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

As far as the Middle East goes, the Mongols are really just getting sloppy seconds. The Crusades and various wars with the Romans made them easy pickings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Larry Parrish posted:

As far as the Middle East goes, the Mongols are really just getting sloppy seconds. The Crusades and various wars with the Romans made them easy pickings.

.... what