Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
It's 2015 and I still can't get observer podcasts to download off the official podcast app so I won't hold my breath for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I suppose I will listen to that one. I actually subscribed to giant bomb for the powerbombcast, but they are so infrequent and Jeff is so loving negative on twitter about it, i haven't even listened to one.

It's pretty funny because of how dumb it is. Every month you get to listen to Dan Ryckert be foolishly optimistic, Jeff complain that wrestling isn't enough like 2000-era Nitro and that one guy who thinks Roman Reigns should literally become the Undertaker 2.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

In fairness, we all might be wishing for Reigns as Undertaker 2 after Wrestlemania this Sunday.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Delsaber posted:

In fairness, we all might be wishing for Reigns as Undertaker 2 after Wrestlemania this Sunday.

You're right, Roman Reigns has nothing on Chainz.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The Cage match they've been talking up on B+V is pretty amazing, the cage is taken out of the equation ~10 minutes in.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Big Bob Pataki posted:

It's 2015 and I still can't get observer podcasts to download off the official podcast app so I won't hold my breath for anything

Doesn't support password protected podcasts. That's why you need Downcast.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the official podcast app is rear end. instacast also works

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
sometimes I wonder if the dudes who do the tv reports are aware of how hard they try to be snarky.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Hace posted:

sometimes I wonder if the dudes who do the tv reports are aware of how hard they try to be snarky.

Gotta show how you are in the know and not a mark bro.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Hace posted:

My favorite was that guy who would not shut the gently caress up about how Randy Orton stared at him for about a second and a half at a SD taping a few years back. Can't remember if that was on 411mania or the F4W page.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

wasnt that noted insane person eric calraca

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The name rings a bell but I don't remember all the details.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I vaguely recall that whoever it was kept referring to how Randy would make eye-contact, or nod in appreciation or laugh at something he shouted, or otherwise stop to acknowledge that "I, Randy Orton, believe that this guy in the crowd is pretty drat cool".

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

OctoberCountry posted:

It's pretty funny because of how dumb it is. Every month you get to listen to Dan Ryckert be foolishly optimistic, Jeff complain that wrestling isn't enough like 2000-era Nitro and that one guy who thinks Roman Reigns should literally become the Undertaker 2.

As a longtime GB supporter, I've learned that outside of games (And largely within games as well) Gerstmann has terrible taste.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: Dave, imagine if PWInsider got the scoop that you were publishing a new book before you did..... wait I shouldn't say that, PWInsider found out when Death of WCW was being released before I knew....

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

As a longtime GB supporter, I've learned that outside of games (And largely within games as well) Gerstmann has terrible taste.

very true, I like Jeff because he is a funny guy not because he is a person whose opinions I value

All in all, that podcast was a good listen, I recommend it. It is very structured, so no JR rants in it, and since it is an interview, there aren't really any bad wrestling opinions from Jeff or Giancarlo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan: "... and he said if you buy the show you'll get your money's worth."
Dave: "Well it's 10 dollars, so you probably will."

:drat:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

I vaguely recall that whoever it was kept referring to how Randy would make eye-contact, or nod in appreciation or laugh at something he shouted, or otherwise stop to acknowledge that "I, Randy Orton, believe that this guy in the crowd is pretty drat cool".

The eric calcara thread on the F4W board is probably the best thing that ever happened there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Calcara was the guy with like 50 twitter accounts he used to harass wrestlers and tell them his grandma was sick or something right?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

Calcara was the guy with like 50 twitter accounts he used to harass wrestlers and tell them his grandma was sick or something right?

Made like 100 accounts specifically to harass Stone Cold into blocking him, was super racist, creeped on divas, the works. If you sub to F4W, here's the thread. http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127321

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

yea and some Board poster found a weird facebook post where he said "I really enjoyed you at camp this year" to a kid and reported that and the wrestling poo poo to his employer and got him fired

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cactus Jack posted:

Gotta show how you are in the know and not a mark bro.

These are my least favourite fans at shows. The ones who just yell insider poo poo to show how cool and funny they are.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
here's that Randy Orton spoiler report btw

http://411mania.com/wrestling/second-more-detailed-wwe-smackdown-taping-results-spoilers-2/

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

I still hate the character Randy Orton, but somehow, someway, I think that Randall Keith Orton has just earned my respect.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Powerbombcast is good simply for the fact that there's some variety amongst the opinions whereas everything is the loving same in the talk-about-wrestling area. Ironically Meltzer and Alvarez also stray away from the echo chamber fairly often.

If you are someone who still syncs your iphone, if you subscribe to Observer/Giant Bomb/Other Password Protected Podcasts, itunes will DL them and put them in the app. Obviously not as convenient as OTA but it works and is free.

Rick fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 24, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

I still hate the character Randy Orton, but somehow, someway, I think that Randall Keith Orton has just earned my respect.

I like Randy Orton when he's allowed to mess with the crowd. THERE'S NO BELL and that whole story from the house show with the WE WANT TABLES chanters are great and I wish he could do that more on TV.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

This entire thing is amazingly awful, oh I didn't care about part of the show so I ate popcorn and masturbated in the bathroom, I figured that was important to include in my spoilers. I was also wearing a green shirt, just in case you were wondering. I'd had two bowel movements that day, so I was feeling light as a feather, which really let me pop out of my seat for Christian's entrance. He was looking really good, and I asked if I could rub his back, he gave me a weird look, I think he was really happy someone suggested it. This smackdown was great!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
This man worked with children, and that really bothers me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ed in San Antonio is positively normal next to this creep

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Let's not make rash statements.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

that whole story from the house show with the WE WANT TABLES chanters are great and I wish he could do that more on TV.

never heard that story

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's been a few months since Dave talked about Gene Kiniski's one weird trick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NutritiousSnack posted:

never heard that story
It got posted awhile ago, and I'm too lazy to find it, but as I recall, he was wrestling someone at a house show (or maybe a dark match?) and some guys kept chanting "WE WANT TABLES" throughout the match. So at some point he pulls out a couple tables and starts setting them up, the guys start cheering, then he looks at them, laughs, and puts them away. Or something like that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Endless Mike posted:

It got posted awhile ago, and I'm too lazy to find it, but as I recall, he was wrestling someone at a house show (or maybe a dark match?) and some guys kept chanting "WE WANT TABLES" throughout the match. So at some point he pulls out a couple tables and starts setting them up, the guys start cheering, then he looks at them, laughs, and puts them away. Or something like that.

The greatest feud in the history of our sport

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

Could someone give a rundown of the weirdo regular callers? I don't listen to podcasts too often but I'm curious about the dudes who always come up in this thread

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Could someone give a rundown of the weirdo regular callers? I don't listen to podcasts too often but I'm curious about the dudes who always come up in this thread

i support wrestling fan sleaze

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WeaponX posted:

i support wrestling fan sleaze

i do too which is why i want to know more

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That kiniski story. What the gently caress is wrong with these people. Why not just work a limp. gently caress sake

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Jim in Virginia is my spirit animal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

That kiniski story. What the gently caress is wrong with these people. Why not just work a limp. gently caress sake

Because why fake what you can do really easily with no danger to you? It's not like it is dangerous to walk with some pebbles in your shoe, it just sucks for a minute.

• Locked thread