Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

Staying in a hotel all week. Every time I clear my streetpasses, I immediately get the same 10 back. Zero puzzle pieces, and while I have 10 level 7 heroes in FindMii, non of them are wearing a white shirt to clear the dark room.

FML.

Hire playcoin miis until you get a white one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
http://pastebin.com/QCjsXmA0

Some of these codes are probably still good.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.
Edit: Code claimed. Nothing to see here.

Beanzor fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 24, 2015

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

New firmware update is up.

This one lets you save up to 8 home menu layouts and switch between them at will. By home menu layouts I mean the theme and the exact locations you have everything arranged in. It feels like this is custom tailored to support the badge machine shop thing in Japan, which makes me wonder if/when we will get it here.

Also it seems the N3DS internet browser easter egg now works in PAL regions, but I haven't heard if it works in NA yet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It works in NA. If Badge Center doesn't come to NA, I'm going to microwave my N3DS in a bowl of Krazy Glue.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

noirstronaut posted:

It works in NA. If Badge Center doesn't come to NA, I'm going to microwave my N3DS in a bowl of Krazy Glue.

Send it to me to do that thing.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Crawfish posted:

New firmware update is up.

This one lets you save up to 8 home menu layouts and switch between them at will. By home menu layouts I mean the theme and the exact locations you have everything arranged in. It feels like this is custom tailored to support the badge machine shop thing in Japan, which makes me wonder if/when we will get it here.

Also it seems the N3DS internet browser easter egg now works in PAL regions, but I haven't heard if it works in NA yet.

Piracy scene is going nuts right now that keys updated again
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/9.6.0-24

Supposedly as of right now Nu3DS has 0 exploits available to get keys going forwards yet Old3DS doesn't have the added security changes.

TL;DR: Nu3DS 100% locked out again for Gateway and Old3DS will be stuck at 9.5 unless a new exploit (or internal undiscovered) is used to get new keys meaning any new fw updates/games built against new keys will not work on Gateway. Because of how Sky works it isn't affected but if Nintendo is seriously going after piracy they will be next as it's also easily detectable.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 24, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

flyboi posted:

Supposedly as of right now Nu3DS has 0 exploits available to get keys going forwards yet Old3DS doesn't have the added security changes.

TL;DR: Nu3DS 100% locked out again for Gateway and Old3DS will be stuck at 9.5 unless a new exploit (or internal undiscovered) is used to get new keys meaning any new fw updates/games built against new keys will not work on Gateway. Because of how Sky works it isn't affected but if Nintendo is seriously going after piracy they will be next as it's also easily detectable.

good :colbert:

i approve of things that will make noirstronaut sad :evilbuddy:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

flyboi posted:

I'm glad of it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Awesome! posted:

good :colbert:

i approve of things that will make noirstronaut sad :evilbuddy:

WHAT IF

I told you I had two 3DS XLs

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

WHAT IF

NOT ENOUGH SYSTEMS :c00lbutt:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut posted:

WHAT IF

you're a loving loose cannon. give me your badge and gun

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Awesome! posted:

you're a loving loose cannon. give me your badge and gun

Sorry cop, I'm going rogue

flyboi posted:

I have all of these minus the GB Boy but + a DS Lite with AK2i and EZ Flash 3in1:smuggo:

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I haven't even finished all the games I have without piracy, honestly.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dreyvas posted:

I haven't even finished all the games I have without piracy, honestly.

But you also haven't ever played Taiko no Tatsujin

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flyboi posted:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I got my DecalGirl Zelda skin that Enjoy posted before. I did end up putting on all the stickers, even the ones that go on the hinge, specifically because my Link Between Worlds 3DS XL had a shitton of scratches where the hinge would rub against the inside of the bottom.

I have to say, I was worried about it being a bitch with bubbles like the screen protectors always are, but I actually had almost no issue putting the thing on! Any bubbles I had were very easy to get out and re-applying wasn't that big of a deal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

flyboi posted:

Pirates didn't get the drumstick styluses.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

elf help book posted:

Pirates didn't get the drumstick styluses.

I think I have enough DS systems to have my own set of drumsticks

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They're like 9 dollars on ebay

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I've played the PS2 version, ultra-fun game. Does it translate well to touch?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dreyvas posted:

I've played the PS2 version, ultra-fun game. Does it translate well to touch?

The 3DS is the third best platform to play the game behind the Wii U and then a Wii U with the drum. Or maybe an iPad with the bluetooth drum.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

flyboi posted:

That's impressive, you know how many cartridges you can glue to the backs of those!?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am going to go Super Saiyan on this muthafuckin thread if we do not shut up about Xenoverse :ssj:

Also I got all the endings in Out Run and unlocked 'Arcade Mode' which apparently is arcade accurate but I detect very few differences. Game still owns. Buy it.

I own at Outrun 2SP but I can't even get to the second checkpoint in Outrun 3D :negative:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

http://pastebin.com/QCjsXmA0

Some of these codes are probably still good.

I'd be careful using those codes. People figured out how to generate their own codes based off of a legitimate one and are getting banned because they're entering codes that were never shipped or printed. Not to mention all the Wii Mini exploits that happened.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dehry posted:

I'd be careful using those codes. People figured out how to generate their own codes based off of a legitimate one and are getting banned because they're entering codes that were never shipped or printed. Not to mention all the Wii Mini exploits that happened.

It only worked for the Wii Mini and Nintendo fixed it by removing it from the list of products redeemable for coins.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Is there a place where I can buy n3ds xl charging dock? I couldn't find it in Nintendo's website. I swear it was available before.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

It only worked for the Wii Mini and Nintendo fixed it by removing it from the list of products redeemable for coins.

http://v4chan.com/thread/280908370/club-nintendo-thread.html

That was going on for a while. Now 4chan has a bunch of threads saying "Club Nintendo Banned Me and took my games :reddit:"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Sire Oblivion posted:

That's impressive, you know how many cartridges you can glue to the backs of those!?

Unfortunately I do not have any super glue and my partner lacks a craft table so this will have to do for now

Not sure how I can improve this design on my GBA or GBC though sadly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

flyboi posted:

Unfortunately I do not have any super glue and my partner lacks a craft table so this will have to do for now

You tape the GBA to the 3DS, so that you can still play GBA games on the go. Duh.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm more impressed by 19 3ds games.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

I actually have more and that doesn't include the Gateway :ssh:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I need a screen protector for my new new 3ds xl. Also maybe some sort of low-profile case, though I might just make one. Are there good brands for such things?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

flyboi posted:

Pretty drat good, I'm impressed.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I need a screen protector for my new new 3ds xl. Also maybe some sort of low-profile case, though I might just make one. Are there good brands for such things?

Any 3DS screen protector will work, I think HORI is the recommended brand. They also make this clear case: http://www.amazon.com/Duraflexi-Cover-Nintendo-3DS-Japan-Import/dp/B00NFCCOMW/ref=pd_sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1184DH9Y1ZEH6QGYC66Y

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm up to 22, not including the three downloaded onto the 3DS itself :smuggo:.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flyboi posted:

Oh wow this just gave me a great idea.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Zagg makes the best screen protector out there comes with a fluid applicator screen cleaning cloth wet wipe and applicator rubber thing. Its great and looks and feels awesome and it comes with a warranty so if it ever gets scratched they'll replace it for cheap.

Turtlicious posted:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Turtlicious posted:

The saga continues... :getin:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Turtlicious posted:

We've started something magical here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

I hope it involves a turkey baster this time. I don't know how but include a turkey baster you mad genius!