Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Turtlicious posted:

Oh wow this just gave me a great idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZUc5ZsTUY&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For anybody that may be wondering, the R4i Gold is still working after the update.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

loudog999 posted:

For anybody that may be wondering, the R4i Gold is still working after the update.

As is DS 2 Supercard FYI.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Ive recently put a new larger SD card in my 3DS XL and I keep getting "The SD card has been removed" error messages in the middle of games. Is there a fix possible for it or do I have to get a new SD card because there's a problem with it? I'm using a Sandisk 32GB SDHC card btw

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How the gently caress is there no Metroid game on this system yet? Travesty.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
So I made an impulse purchase of Theatrhythm yesterday (was only £12) and then I downloaded the demo and proceeded to push my circlepad a lot, while pressing A, and being unable to pay attention to the reasonably cool stuff happening underneath. I'm doing it wrong, surely? They can't have made a game where you don't get to enjoy the visuals, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Other M has killed Metroid permanently more or less. It's been so long since there was a 2D Metroid game that I've come to terms with it, I think. I'm more upset at the lack of IGA Castlevanias given that those did come out a little more frequently/recently and whatever the hell Konami is actually doing with CV now is pathetic.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

Other M has killed Metroid permanently more or less. It's been so long since there was a 2D Metroid game that I've come to terms with it, I think. I'm more upset at the lack of IGA Castlevanias given that those did come out a little more frequently/recently and whatever the hell Konami is actually doing with CV now is pathetic.

This too. I heard Mirror of Fate was pretty bad. :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flyboi posted:

NOT ENOUGH SYSTEMS :c00lbutt:

i do not remember the GBA being so small

also lol that you would have that ugly orange over the royal purple

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Exioce posted:

So I made an impulse purchase of Theatrhythm yesterday (was only £12) and then I downloaded the demo and proceeded to push my circlepad a lot, while pressing A, and being unable to pay attention to the reasonably cool stuff happening underneath. I'm doing it wrong, surely? They can't have made a game where you don't get to enjoy the visuals, right?

Why aren't you playing with the stylus?

Nate RFB posted:

I'd be happy if they so much as made a fleshed out version of that Metroid Blast minigame from Nintendoland.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nate RFB posted:

It sounds like Konami's dropping out of games entirely after Metal Gear Solid V hits, so CV might be dead entirely. :(

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Why aren't you playing with the stylus?

I find the circlepad to be more to my liking. Tried the stylus, but my brain kept wanting to follow the green line forward instead of just moving up and down.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

I own at Outrun 2SP but I can't even get to the second checkpoint in Outrun 3D :negative:

I definitely turned the time limit up by one notch. It is still possible to lose if you crash a lot but you will probably win.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ChaosArgate posted:

It sounds like Konami's dropping out of games entirely after Metal Gear Solid V hits, so CV might be dead entirely. :(

Wait, what?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Exioce posted:

As you get better, you'll be able to better focus on both.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

As you get better, you'll be able to better focus on both.

And then you get even better and ignore the visuals again because who cares about those 100 hours in.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I might be exaggerating slightly, but at the very least they're dropping out of AAA game development if their restructuring is anything to go by. Big names like Hideo Kojima are no longer listed as Executive Officers and Kojima Productions is no longer part of the Konami corporate network, being treated more as contractors than anything. MGSV is no longer "A Hideo Kojima game." They're supposedly recruiting staff for the next Metal Gear but I wouldn't doubt that they're dropping out of major game development soon.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Not sure how you get from "Kojima leaving Konami" to "Konami stopping all AAA development" but ok

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You're reading it wrong. They are dumping auteur directors and getting new metal gear staff because they want to exactly follow the AAA model and Assassin's Creed it. They're gonna take that engine, get a staff, and shoot for yearly entries.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah. That said I'm playing SOTN for the first time despite loving all the GBA/DS entries and poo poo what a great game. I'm gonna go back and play the DS ones after this I think.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Didn't they already semi-announce a future MGS?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as much as they gave a press release promising future mgs games and are actively recruiting for new personnel, yeah

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

greatn posted:

You're reading it wrong. They are dumping auteur directors and getting new metal gear staff because they want to exactly follow the AAA model and Assassin's Creed it. They're gonna take that engine, get a staff, and shoot for yearly entries.

How to kill a franchise, by EA Activision Ubisoft Konami

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The rear end Stooge posted:

Not sure how you get from "Kojima leaving Konami" to "Konami stopping all AAA development" but ok

As far as I can think of, Kojima's the only guy they have doing anything resembling AAA development. The guy who directed Tokimemo and Love Plus (really popular dating sims) is being let go too, I think. Those aren't AAA games, but Love Plus is a huge seller I'm pretty sure. People over in the Metal Gear thread are speculating that they're going to focus more on their Pachinko machines and fitness clubs.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Can someone explain to me what Harvest Moon actually is

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the moon follows cycles, and the time frame of those cycles roughly coincides with the harvest.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

It's a game where you build a farm and raise crops / livestock to sell, and occasionally also go into the town mine to mine yourself some jewels to sell, and between all that you also pick one of the townsfolk to marry and have babby with.

I've never played any of them, but there's also a spinoff series called Rune Factory where you do all that stuff and also fight monsters.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Also it's a pretty good beer.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

Harvest Moon is a farming simulator where you farm and build relationships with the town members. Eventually you get married and have kids.

Marvelous(the developers of the game) opened up their own localization company in the US after the release of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. They told the publisher Natsume that they would be using XSEED from now on. The games are now called Story of Seasons. Natsume is using the Harvest Moon name to now publish their own farming games.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Rune Factory cuts down a bit on the farming complexity but adds more crafting/exploration of dunegons into the whole thing, also fighting monsters and a much bigger focus on villager interaction.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxxFG9l1Q8

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its also a blue oyster cult song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVU7MyK9fQ
the name always made me think the harvest moon was way darker than it is

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wait you people haven't posted Neil Young's Harvest Moon? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

forbidden lesbian posted:

i do not remember the GBA being so small

also lol that you would have that ugly orange over the royal purple

But it matches my GC + GBP in spice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Wait you people haven't posted Neil Young's Harvest Moon? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs

it's too bad Neil didn't take his own advice about burning out vs fading away

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flyboi posted:

But it matches my GC + GBP in spice

are you color-blind

is orange color-blindness even a thing?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

forbidden lesbian posted:

are you color-blind

is orange color-blindness even a thing?

:raise:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
#thegba

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Looks blue and black to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

was the gamecube the best design of any disc based console ever?

yes it is, this was not a question