Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

duTrieux. posted:

what's wrong with carbonite, inc.

(yes, prop 13 is garbage. also idk why you have a problem with california rolls it's basically just crab+avocado sushi?)

http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

these dickfucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

he's moon-beamy dreamy.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

don't talk poo poo about jerry brown, now.

he's part of the aforementioned 70s set so drown the son of a bitch imo

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
california has the highest and lowest points in the US, so it's got that going for it.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh this is an engine thing isn't it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
what california needs is someone sane to take a hatchet to the horrible web of things caused by prop 13 and its ilk, and basically write a new state consitution that will allow the state to operate normally again.

nah thats poo poo good

without them american cars would pollute like half of europe's cars do.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i remember the time of smog, before the wall fell. `twas grim.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i want every techbro set to be taken over by ibm or the most east coast, shirt-and-tie 9 to 5 outfit ever, whichever is more boring

lmao if you don't recognize the merits of blandness

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
seriosuly europe is so hosed what with having wayyyy more trucks to haul poo poo and really halfassed pollution controls on vehicles. a real shitshow

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

come to beijing and relive your memories

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

HST's Nixon eulogy should be chiseled into the front steps of the White House as a warning to the others, but Reagan was pretty close to the Devil in a suit

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.

It is fitting that Richard Nixon's final gesture to the American people was a clearly illegal series of 21 105-mm howitzer blasts that shattered the peace of a residential neighborhood and permanently disturbed many children. Neighbors also complained about another unsanctioned burial in the yard at the old Nixon place, which was brazenly illegal. "It makes the whole neighborhood like a graveyard," said one. "And it fucks up my children's sense of values."

Many were incensed about the howitzers -- but they knew there was nothing they could do about it -- not with the current president sitting about 50 yards away and laughing at the roar of the cannons. It was Nixon's last war, and he won.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

if the smog thing was still happening now there'd be some crackpot startup to blast holes through the mountain ridges to vent the area

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.

It is fitting that Richard Nixon's final gesture to the American people was a clearly illegal series of 21 105-mm howitzer blasts that shattered the peace of a residential neighborhood and permanently disturbed many children. Neighbors also complained about another unsanctioned burial in the yard at the old Nixon place, which was brazenly illegal. "It makes the whole neighborhood like a graveyard," said one. "And it fucks up my children's sense of values."

Many were incensed about the howitzers -- but they knew there was nothing they could do about it -- not with the current president sitting about 50 yards away and laughing at the roar of the cannons. It was Nixon's last war, and he won.

i like hunter s thompson too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pr0zac posted:

DID YOU KNOW HE WAS FROM PITTSBURGH!?!?

Apr 7, 2003

pr0zac posted:

Say what you will about his other work, but that eulogy is art.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

his writing was mediocre, hst was the applebees of the opinion papers

Apr 7, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

DID YOU KNOW HE WAS FROM PITTSBURGH!?!?

Leonard Nimoy worked in Pittsburgh on television for a while.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Citizen Tayne posted:

Leonard Nimoy worked in Pittsburgh on television for a while.

:golfclap:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
mr rogers is the greatest pittsburghian

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

if the smog thing was still happening now there'd be some crackpot startup to blast holes through the mountain ridges to vent the area

air filters strapped onto box fans tied on top of ubers

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

mr rogers is the greatest

Apr 7, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

mr rogers is the greatest pittsburghian

Rowdy Herrington, director of Road House, is from Pittsburgh and worked for a period of time at WQED with Mr. Rogers.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

nixon was... complicated. he did great things. terrible things. but great.

are you... quoting Harry Potter????

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh!!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh Pittsburgh!!

Pittsburgh??

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

uncurable mlady posted:

1.1 gallon of water to grow a single almond

1 cup of almonds is approx 80-100 almonds

1 gallon of almond milk takes approx 8 cups of whole almonds

Thus, 1 gallon of almond milk takes 640-800 almonds

Therefore, 1 gallon of almond milk takes about 700-880 gallons of water.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Wild EEPROM posted:

hhahahahah buying 2 gallons tomorrow

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Wild EEPROM posted:

don't forget that almond milk is literally just finely ground walnuts in filtered water

so add at least a gallon of water to that

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://gawker.com/philadelphia-uber-driver-accused-of-raping-female-passe-1693379275

"I'm an uber driver, have been for a solid six months. Youll find, at the late hours of the weekend, women who are quite frisky & very suggestive, at least with me. I haven't bit because I'm in a very happy relationship with a woman I love. If this story turns out to be true, don't vilify uber, lets vilify the driver & his personal actions. Yall turn into a lunch mob to quickly:("

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

uncurable mlady posted:

don't forget that almond milk is literally just finely ground walnuts in filtered water

so add at least a gallon of water to that

do walnuts kill california more or less?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
so that's why walnuts are what the evil witch's family farms in Touch of Satan

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

http://gawker.com/philadelphia-uber-driver-accused-of-raping-female-passe-1693379275

"I'm an uber driver, have been for a solid six months. Youll find, at the late hours of the weekend, women who are quite frisky & very suggestive, at least with me. I haven't bit because I'm in a very happy relationship with a woman I love. If this story turns out to be true, don't vilify uber, lets vilify the driver & his personal actions. Yall turn into a lunch mob to quickly:("

i'm the lunch mob

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Subjunctive posted:

you'd really need to take out Menlo Park to do any good

lol at how you think menlo park is important because you think facebook is in menlo park. it isn't and it isn't

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JewKiller 3000 posted:

lol at how you think menlo park is important because you think facebook is in menlo park. it isn't and it isn't

no, because the side of Sand Hill with all the brand name VCs is in Menlo Park

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
although california's current drought is a real issue, we'd have plenty of water if we stopped growing alfalfa to export to china as cattle feed. oh no, the poor farmers are suffering??? pay market rate for water and then we'll talk (rotor trigger)

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Subjunctive posted:

no, because the side of Sand Hill with all the brand name VCs is in Menlo Park

oh good point. but i've gone up that road many times, and yeah there are VCs, but there are probably just as many in downtown palo alto

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JewKiller 3000 posted:

oh good point. but i've gone up that road many times, and yeah there are VCs, but there are probably just as many in downtown palo alto

the bigger names are still along SH. DTPA doesn't have very many at all, AFAIK. which are you thinking of?

(what municipality is FB in?)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PCjr sidecar posted:

if you want to do compbio find a lab at your uni doing compbio and beg for a student job / volunteer

career-track its not required to be a phd but it helps

i am already doin this, is exp more important than gpa? if it's academic exp rather than corporate? i have p 3-3.5 gpa which a lot of people say is just completely unviable but pos plz be my career counselor because i am an idiot hell fucker babby

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
idk names, don't pay enough attention, i've just seen a bunch along university and its cross streets. you're probably right about SH

facebook is in menlo park the same way redwood shores is in redwood city. i mean ok, technically yes it is, but are you gonna go to actual menlo park without driving? didn't think so

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Wild EEPROM posted:

holy poo poo

milk is only 122 g/lb according to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/food-water-footprint_n_5952862.html

also eggs: 395 (and chicken: 528) so you could drink eggnog and it'd waste less water than fuckin almond milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

although california's current drought is a real issue, we'd have plenty of water if we stopped growing alfalfa to export to china as cattle feed. oh no, the poor farmers are suffering??? pay market rate for water and then we'll talk (rotor trigger)

i agree with JewKiller 3000

• Locked thread