Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The micro...its too small!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
You can be fierce deity in majora any time and it owns. Just put a mask in x or y, go into first person, drag the fierce deity mask over the other mask, then hit l and that button 1/30th of a second after. Super easy to do.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

On the new 3DS or old 3DS?
I think it's new 3DS only, here's what that extra power allows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKar7eOvuOI

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
That man's voice is too comical for me to handle.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DaveKap posted:

I shrugged and called my GameStop. Turned out I was the 20th caller (just 2 hours after the news leaked) which meant the guy got to tell me that not only are they not receiving their shipment until mid-day, but "because this was a leaked internal memo" they don't have any protocol for how they're going to sell them. He says they don't plan on having a line and won't hold them for anyone either.

I kinda want to head over there in the afternoon just to watch the absolute chaos.

I think the best bet is waking up early to :f5: the poo poo out of the site and get one that way.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Sire Oblivion posted:

I think the best bet is waking up early to :f5: the poo poo out of the site and get one that way.
Far as I know, nothing in the memo mentioned more copies being sold online.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Show up at the store at opening and just camp out until they arrive.

E: I realize this might not be the best course of action since you probably have a job and GS employees can be some of the most insufferable people on the planet, but it's an option.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So what are people's thoughts on the Dragon Quest games available on the 3DS? I've played 1-4 (original, not remakes) and 8, but didn't have a handheld console to play any of the others until recently. It looks like a few were released for the DS, and at least one for the 3DS. Were there any stinkers? How about the spin-off games?

I've been getting a turn-based RPG itch lately and figure I can pick up some of these, but if any are really bad, I'd just as soon avoid them. Ebay and Amazon have them for not terrible prices, but even $20 could go toward other games in the genre if need be. I'm currently playing SMT IV and Etrian Odyssey IV, and while really fun, the return to my childhood gaming roots is very tempting.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Purple Monkey posted:

Ive recently put a new larger SD card in my 3DS XL and I keep getting "The SD card has been removed" error messages in the middle of games. Is there a fix possible for it or do I have to get a new SD card because there's a problem with it? I'm using a Sandisk 32GB SDHC card btw

Sorry to bring this up again but can anyone offer any advice on what to do?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Purple Monkey posted:

Best thing I can think of right now is make a backup of your SD card and reformat using that SD card format program. I don't think that is one of the cards the 3ds has trouble with.

cap601
Feb 16, 2011

Purple Monkey posted:

I had something like that in my original 3DS but it stopped after a while. I think it was just a dodgy connection and I managed to wiggle it such that it worked.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HPanda posted:

So what are people's thoughts on the Dragon Quest games available on the 3DS? I've played 1-4 (original, not remakes) and 8, but didn't have a handheld console to play any of the others until recently. It looks like a few were released for the DS, and at least one for the 3DS. Were there any stinkers? How about the spin-off games?

I've been getting a turn-based RPG itch lately and figure I can pick up some of these, but if any are really bad, I'd just as soon avoid them. Ebay and Amazon have them for not terrible prices, but even $20 could go toward other games in the genre if need be. I'm currently playing SMT IV and Etrian Odyssey IV, and while really fun, the return to my childhood gaming roots is very tempting.
The only one I've played is the DS remake of 5 and it's really good.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aussies, Big W has the Pokemon XY/2DS bundle for $120 right now, among other things.

What other things? Where did you find this info?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

woofbro posted:

What other things? Where did you find this info?

EcoGamer and the Gaming catagory of OzBargain are your friends :australia:.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is also $30 at Big W, incidentally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Twitter. It's all in-store, you'll have to just check your local store and hope they have something cheap.

Other 3/DS-relevant stuff they're allegedly selling on the cheap: Pokemon Black/Whitw 1&2 for $20 each, old Nintendo Points cards (usable on DSi, not 3DS), etc.

Okay I guess you can just click those things up there, too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wamdoodle posted:

Best thing I can think of right now is make a backup of your SD card and reformat using that SD card format program. I don't think that is one of the cards the 3ds has trouble with.

Which SD card format program are you talking about. I have a 4gb one I just can't get to work in my XL, which I want to sell with the system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Twitter. It's all in-store, you'll have to just check your local store and hope they have something cheap.

Other 3/DS-relevant stuff they're allegedly selling on the cheap: Pokemon Black/Whitw 1&2 for $20 each, old Nintendo Points cards (usable on DSi, not 3DS), etc.

Okay I guess you can just click those things up there, too.

Those cards still work on the Wii Shop Channel? And how much are they?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mine only cost me $20 so I wasn't hugely disappointed but it was far from perfect (the aspect ratio is just wrong enough to be annoying, link cable/IR didn't work, sound didn't play back correctly). If you're seriously gonna play a Game Boy in 2015 you might as well get a legit GBC and have it modded with a frontlight.
What's wrong with a GBA SP? Heck you can probably still find a ASG-101 on ebay for not too much. I bought one a handful of months ago.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Those cards still work on the Wii Shop Channel? And how much are they?

Yeah, they do. 1000-point cards for $2.

Nate RFB posted:

What's wrong with a GBA SP? Heck you can probably still find a ASG-101 on ebay for not too much. I bought one a handful of months ago.

Form factor, I guess? Some people get weird about the OG carts sticking out of the bottom, I dunno.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 25, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yeah, they do. 1000-point cards for $2.

Oh my. :suspense:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

DaveKap posted:

The memo did infact say they were going up online.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Form factor, I guess? Some people get weird about the OG carts sticking out of the bottom, I dunno.

I bought an AGS-101 a few months back and I still eye modded GBCs from time to time for this reason. It's especially bad with oversized carts like Pokemon Pinball.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

extra stout posted:

Didn't they make a Gameboy Light for a while? Where's the best place to buy a GBC with a frontlight?

Why would you not just get a GBASP?
e: beaten

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Zonekeeper posted:

To elaborate further, the GB Player hardware isn't region locked, so you can use the differently colored ones on a US system as long as you possess a (rare and increasingly more expensive) US startup disc.

It's amazing to me that my GC collection is rapidly overtaking my NES/SNES collection in value, and I haven't gone back to buy anything for my GC since the day Smash Melee was released.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
My local Walmart has first party Nintendo 3DS chargers on clearance for $7 if anyone is looking for an extra. I almost bought one just to have a third but why? :confused:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Kithkar posted:

The memo did infact say they were going up online.
No it didn't.

Doesn't matter though, got one anyway thanks to a buddy in a city that has a good dozen gamestops.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

DaveKap posted:

No it didn't.

Doesn't matter though, got one anyway thanks to a buddy in a city that has a good dozen gamestops.

The bold print literally says "these systems will be available on gamestop.com starting tomorrow" in the very first line.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

DaveKap posted:

No it didn't.

:frogout:

Yes it does.

In bold "These systems will be available on GameStop.com starting tomorrow, 3/25..."

e:f;b

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DaveKap posted:

No it didn't.

lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Purple Monkey posted:

i am going to start calling this the sandisk error because that's always the card when someone in this thread has that problem

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Had no idea about the Zelda systems going on sale and went into Gamestop to buy what I thought would be a plain ol' New Nintendo 3DS XL since I've already put my old one up on ebay. Was very pleasantly surprised to see that each gamestop had *just* gotten in 4 of the Zelda systems each. I'm hoping it still has some good resale value in a few months. It's tempting to just flip it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i am going to start calling this the sandisk error because that's always the card when someone in this thread has that problem

It's also, overwhelmingly, the most common card to buy. I obviously can't put a percentage on it, but I'd be willing to bet that almost all the micro SD cards that have been put into New 3DS's are Sandisk. They are the cheapest and most plentiful.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

DaveKap posted:

No it didn't.

This is now my favorite post.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Awesome! posted:

I want to know why the hell they're on Nintendo's recommended list given that this is common enough to get a name.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

It's also, overwhelmingly, the most common card to buy. I obviously can't put a percentage on it, but I'd be willing to bet that almost all the micro SD cards that have been put into New 3DS's are Sandisk. They are the cheapest and most plentiful.

it's been something i've noticed since i bought my 3ds and started reading the thread like two years ago

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I want to know why the hell they're on Nintendo's recommended list given that this is common enough to get a name.

im sure that most sandisk cards work fine and the user never has a problem. but like i said, it's always a drat sandisk when i see a post like that one above

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

it's been something i've noticed since i bought my 3ds and started reading the thread like two years ago

SanDisk has always been the biggest manufacturer in SD cards. It's like saying "Every time I see someone get sick from eating a burger, it's a beef burger." That's because, while there are other types of burgers, beef is the most common.

Correlation != causation, especially when that correlation is anecdotal.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
I'm playing Majora's Mask for the first time. If I beat the four dungeons first will I be locked out of any of the sidequests?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's impossible to miss anything in majora's mask since you can just play the song of time and reset things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nope, nothing is missable.