Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Gimbo Fassoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Sheev Sheeversen

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Blong Obbobok

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Slab Bulkhead.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Trevorha'le

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Shadeoses posted:

Blong Obbobok

probably real

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Burg Argot

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Doo Biesdog

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bob Odenkirk

Benedict Cumberbatch

Zach Quinto

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

oohhboy posted:

That is a holy poo poo amount of effort. He could have used so many short cuts to reduce the amount of work without impacting the look, but he goes and over animates everything while screaming gently caress it lets do this. Those mega gratuitous flyby passes, swings of the camera, even when in simple panning shots he animates the slight changes in angle. Well done and I can't imagine the number of man hours commited.

I'm not sure if it helps or hurts the reputation but he did a lot of those flyby passes rendering them in a 3D program then tracing over them, instead of cel-shaded rendering them inside the engine.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Fayron Schlockstyzer

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dusker Longlancer

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jad Abumrad

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Young Freud posted:

I'm not sure if it helps or hurts the reputation but he did a lot of those flyby passes rendering them in a 3D program then tracing over them, instead of cel-shaded rendering them inside the engine.

He could have let the computer do all the work, but he didn't just to get the look right. That's crazy person level of effort when it would have been acceptable anywhere else just to cel-shade it. Even if you took away all the crazy effort elements of the work, the composition and the feel of the universe is more Star Wars than all the prequals and animated series combined even with the heavy metal/anime/80's bent.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Luuke Skyeewalkerr

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Mal Clearthinker.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Can Can Banks

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9sJVJMiYM

Young Freud posted:

It's a holy poo poo amount of effort regardless. If a company did this it wouldn't take four years but I bet it would cost hundreds of thousands. The visuals are fairly impressive but the most surprising thing to me is how it does some pretty compelling visual storytelling. It's not just random action scenes. That's not easy at all to do in a 7 minute clip and I certainly wouldn't expect it from a fan made thing.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Aaronicon posted:

Luuke Skyeewalkerr

4th generation clone?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Mitt Romney

ajheretic666
Sep 8, 2008
Rick Slickwinger

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
URoRRuR'R'R

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/URoRRuR%27R%27R

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
imm not gonna click yet but i can almost guarantee its a sand person

E: ugh, it somehow manages to be worse by being THAT sand person
E2: its sad that i was actually shocked there wasnt some massive EU tie in

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Was expecting a wookiee, was wrong.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

imm not gonna click yet but i can almost guarantee its a sand person

It's an actual real name for a sandperson character.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ndamukong Suh

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I thought the tusken raider weapon was called a gadaffi

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

you think even other tusken raiders look at that guy capitalizing every R and just roll their eyes

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Fetus Tree posted:

4th generation clone?

secret long-lost dark side triplet brother

who can also fly spaceships like super good

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Aaronicon posted:

secret long-lost dark side triplet brother

who can also fly spaceships like super good

and has a loveable rogue best friend (flying the beat-up looking yet very sturdy freighter iron pigeon) and a long lost sister

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

blowfish posted:

and has a loveable rogue best friend (flying the beat-up looking yet very sturdy freighter iron pigeon) and a long lost sister

I feel like this is partly a dig at the Moldy Crow, and I would like to clarify that the Moldy Crow in fact rocks and is awesome

Though cheap knockoffs of the Falcon do seem to happen a lot

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Oblong Manh'ole

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cad Bane

I dunno, sounds like a good guy

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lord of Pie posted:

Cad Bane

I dunno, sounds like a good guy

Bad name, fun character.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
pozma n'ghole

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Didn't someone come up with a Star wars name generator in this thread or the last one that involved taking your first and last name and loving with them?

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
Kan'We Besto

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Div Betlore

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

shiksa posted:

The last known shipment of Kibosh to leave Alderaan left on a ship owned by Lando Calrissian, a former smuggler who was beginning to find the straight life boring. Upon learning of Alderaan's destruction, Calrissian changed his plan of selling the shipment on the black market of other systems and instead kept it as a personal supply for himself and his friends for special occasions. Reportedly, one of those "special occasions" was right before Calrissian's run through the unfinished Second Death Star, as it was close enough to a suicide mission to warrant such a last pleasure. Calrissian gave partial credit to the stimulant for helping him navigate through the maze of steel beams and outrun the fireball chasing the Millennium Falcon.

lando is a dirty loving liar and never did any of that, fireballs can't melt steel beams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can plasma fireballs melt plasteel beams?

• Locked thread