Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Here's my favorite interpretation of Sue Storms costume.

Oh damnit, I thought this was going to be about that ridiculous boob window she had during the '90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Oh damnit, I thought this was going to be about that ridiculous boob window she had during the '90s.

But why wear anything at all?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:golfclap:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Very good.

I can't help but read that poster as 'Fantfourstic'

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

holy moly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Basticle posted:

holy moly

Clifford finally has some competition!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That looks like a red carpet picture of Sorvino or something.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Basticle posted:

holy moly

The guy on the left. Where did his legs go?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Madkal posted:

The guy on the left. Where did his legs go?
inside of Diane Keaton, obviously. that's where a lot of things go. can't you see this perfectly understandable poster with your two eyes??? It might be a sci-fi mafia romp for all we know.

meanwhile...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 26, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

I hate this on so many different levels. It's just pure poo poo.

I actually like this one, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teehee, random but.

Another Fanfourstic poster but out in the wild this time. With bad photoshopping on Kate Mara's head.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Reed looks like he's auditioning to be in the new Zoolander movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let's hope they have a decent story otherwise that movie is gonna bomb hard. Looks like a waste of time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm interested to see what Trank does with it, because I loved Chronicle.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

flashy_mcflash posted:

from what I've heard, it's going to be even worse than the posters in this thread

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Arkane posted:

from what I've heard, it's going to be even worse than the posters in this thread

That's an unkind thing to say about your fellow goons.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

flashy_mcflash posted:

I want it to be good just to further spite the racists who are really, really mad that Johnny Storm isn't a white guy or robot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

I want it to be good just to further spite the racists who are really, really mad that Johnny Storm isn't a white guy or robot.

Yeah that too. I'm enjoying the poo poo out of them getting twisted into knots over it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Thing looks like the rock guy from Neverending Story.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Not a movie exactly but still

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's going on with her arms? Also, the shading makes it look like she has a runny nose.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vagabundo posted:

What's going on with her arms? Also, the shading makes it look like she has a runny nose.

The shading also makes it look like there's a "play" button on her cheek.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sleeveless posted:

As long as it makes sense to the story who cares? Was Sue adopted or Johnny? Interracial family? As long as it is logical and not just "must have POC because reasons".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

They're crossed in front of her.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

It will most likely be an interesting failure and the race issue will be one of the absolute non-issues with it as a movie, but will be all anyone ever wants to talk about regarding it and any legitimate issues will be swept aside so everyone can jerk off to race politics in superheroes again.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This is Fuseli's The Nightmare

And that's Boucher's Autumn Pastoral behind it. I can't tell if I'm looking at something very clever or very dumb...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

there wolf posted:

This is Fuseli's The Nightmare

And that's Boucher's Autumn Pastoral behind it. I can't tell if I'm looking at something very clever or very dumb...

Probably both. It's something the artist thought was very clever but turned out to be dumb.

Nice catch on The Nightmare, I knew it but couldn't put a name to it, mostly because I now know that painting because of the doofy night mare peaking from the left of frame instead of the goblin on the chest.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Remove the monolith and maybe change the space suit to Dave in the bed and it'd be better, but it's hard to say without seeing it. The artist was probably terrified that without the suit and monolith it wouldn't "read" as 2001, which is a stupid case of playing to the lowest common denominator and coming out poorer on all fronts for the effort.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

I hate this on so many different levels. It's just pure poo poo.

It's really cool that Cruise did that stunt and I get them pushing the hell out of it but this just seems really lazy. The skewed text is the best part, like the designer went "poo poo, I've got to do something".

I guess it makes sense as a very early teaser poster but it's out in four months.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Party Boat posted:

It's really cool that Cruise did that stunt and I get them pushing the hell out of it but this just seems really lazy. The skewed text is the best part, like the designer went "poo poo, I've got to do something".

I guess it makes sense as a very early teaser poster but it's out in four months.

Actually it was supposed to come out in December, before they thought smarter than to open just a week after a new Star Wars.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Haha oh gently caress that marketing department must be getting run ragged.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 27, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How was the tagline on that movie not "Deth rides a horse"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Empire/Full Moon/Whatever joint Charles Band is making GBS threads up now always had the best posters.

LaserBlast and Eliminators have popped up in this thread already.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Distorted Kiwi posted:

BRIAN BLESSED POSTERS, DIVVVVVVE!

THE EARLY DAYS: A MINOR PART IN THIS!

LESS-SUBTLE FRENCH POSTER FOR "TROJAN WOMEN"!

FLASH! AH-AHHHH!

JAPANESE VARIANT! YES!

WHAT'S HE DONE RECENTLY?

OH DEAR.

OHHHH, DEAR. STILL, THERE'S ALWAYS "PEPPA PIG" AND "THE AMAZING WORLD OF GUMBALL", AT LEAST.

My brother's only exposure to BRIAN BLESSED is The Phantom Menace :negative:

I feel this injustice has to be corrected. Any suggestions?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

SirPhoebos posted:

My brother's only exposure to BRIAN BLESSED is The Phantom Menace :negative:

I feel this injustice has to be corrected. Any suggestions?

Wait, Brian Blessed was in The Phantom Menace?

IMDb posted:

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Boss Nass (voice)

:barf:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Empire/Full Moon/Whatever joint Charles Band is making GBS threads up now always had the best posters.

LaserBlast and Eliminators have popped up in this thread already.

Charles Band has his own internet streaming service. You can pay fifteen dollars a month for unlimited Charles Band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Paper Kaiju posted:

Wait, Brian Blessed was in The Phantom Menace?

:barf:

you are loving kidding me. :barf: indeed