Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I got the plain black 3ds and I don't even want to change the faceplate, the black faceplate is exactly what I want and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Hikaki posted:

One thing that really impressed me about this game is that are no gimmick items. There are some gimmick areas that require certain items for sure but they are all useful in general gameplay. Granted they aren't all that unique, but it worked.

Also I'm glad they went with the guy from Inticreates for the artwork, because the previous games had art almost approaching Touhou levels of bad.
I thoroughly enjoyed Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, enough that I 100%'ed the new game+. I wouldn't get mad hearing everyone call it the best game on the eshop.
I didn't really like Risky's Revenge all that much to be honest, way too many kill rooms is all I remember... and I can't really get into the gbc original, but I know I would have back in the day.
Risky's Revenge is getting a directors cut re-release on 3DS and WiiU at some point, I don't think it's been properly announced yet. But I might revisit it on 3DS for (hopefully) the larger resolution and the sake of putting it in between the two other games (The DSi game didn't get released in Australia and New Zealand)

Shantae is a pretty cool series I suppose, I like the music and beautiful pixel art throughout but I don't think it really comes together until Pirates Curse- hopefully that means it's a series that gets better with each new entry

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nolgthorn posted:

I got the plain black 3ds and I don't even want to change the faceplate, the black faceplate is exactly what I want and love.

The Black Triforce faceplate's pretty good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nolgthorn posted:

I too love my Spinal Tap edition 3DS, but it's off being modded so I jumped on the opportunity to get the initial 3DS I wanted to play something in the meantime. I haven't had my 3DS for 2 weeks now and I won't for another 3, at least, I'm having withdrawals. Help.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sire Oblivion posted:

I too love my Spinal Tap edition 3DS, but it's off being modded so I jumped on the opportunity to get the initial 3DS I wanted to play something in the meantime. I haven't had my 3DS for 2 weeks now and I won't for another 3, at least, I'm having withdrawals. Help.

Buy anew 3DS and then return it

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

noirstronaut posted:

Buy anew 3DS and then return it

Well I got the Majora's Mask one just for that reason. :smug:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Nolgthorn posted:

Yeah, exactly this. I was thinking about buying a red one just because I've always bought black electronics, but honestly, as a 30 year old man that still plays videogames, I don't want to call anymore attention to it than I have to.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP 3DS people, Play-Asia has One Piece Grand Battle X (the fighting game from the Jump Ultimate Stars devs with Amiibo support) for 15.99 right now: http://www.play-asia.com/one-piece-super-grand-battle-x-paOS-13-49-en-70-80cd.html

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hikaki posted:

One thing that really impressed me about this game is that are no gimmick items. There are some gimmick areas that require certain items for sure but they are all useful in general gameplay. Granted they aren't all that unique, but it worked.

The thing I noticed was that they're all about improving the platforming, with combat taking a backseat. Like, you get the pistol, and you'd expect to be shooting dudes with it, but it's mostly used for hitting buttons that are too far away to hair-whip. You get the scimitar, and you'd expect it to be useful for slicing guys up, and instead it's literally Scrooge McDuck's cane from Ducktales and you're bouncing around on their heads with it. And the best part is that new areas are always adding new platforming wrinkles on top of old ones, so you're expected to be using all your moves together to get where you're going, so in that respect the level design is pretty awesome.

What's not awesome is the multi-island setup, so you're forced to backtrack out of every island if you want to go somewhere else. Some of the later islands are pretty big, and there are no wrap points, so if you miss any collectibles, gently caress you, gotta go through 15 screens worth of platforming to get that last Tinkerbat! It's kinda annoying, the moreso because their aren't very many shortcuts through areas, like, in Metroid, once you get through an area you usually get the item that lets you blow up a wall that lets you skip the most annoying rooms to traverse, but that doesn't really happen here, so if you're item collecting then you're gonna go through those same areas the exact same way to get to the one room you couldn't reach before.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Fremry posted:

Yeah, exactly this. I was thinking about buying a red one just because I've always bought black electronics, but honestly, as a 30 year old man that still plays videogames, I don't want to call anymore attention to it than I have to.

The black one is the first portable system I haven't been embarrassed to take out in public.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Transistor Rhythm posted:

The black one is the first portable system I haven't been embarrassed to take out in public.

You should be proud and play it loud.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

JP 3DS people, Play-Asia has One Piece Grand Battle X (the fighting game from the Jump Ultimate Stars devs with Amiibo support) for 15.99 right now: http://www.play-asia.com/one-piece-super-grand-battle-x-paOS-13-49-en-70-80cd.html

Is this coming to the US? Do we know?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Transistor Rhythm posted:

so you're just insecure in general or what

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

People post about how they're embarrassed to take their 3DS out in public occasionally and it is so weird. Be proud of who you are. Be proud to play Nintendo games.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
If you're playing a DS/3DS in public, it's obvious what it is regardless of the color. No other device looks like a DS.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

codenameFANGIO posted:

People post about how they're embarrassed to take their 3DS out in public occasionally and it is so weird. Be proud of who you are. Be proud to play Nintendo games.

I used to think this, then I was playing my MMN3DSXL while waiting in public and some dude in an anime shirt came over to who wanted to see it. While examining it he noticed a scratch on the side and interrogated me about it. I was like, "Oh, yeah, I dropped it." This personally offended him to the point that he felt the need to lecture me on not having a case. The rant ended with something called a "brohoof" which I had to look up online and immediately felt even more uncomfortable than I already did.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The rear end Stooge posted:

If you're playing a DS/3DS in public, it's obvious what it is regardless of the color. No other device looks like a DS.

Maybe from the back... it looks like a weird shaped tablet? Thus they won't know about my secret, shameful love for videogames from Nintendo.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
The bundle is back up on GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition-gaming-bundle/120917

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

io_burn posted:

I used to think this, then I was playing my MMN3DSXL while waiting in public and some dude in an anime shirt came over to who wanted to see it. While examining it he noticed a scratch on the side and interrogated me about it. I was like, "Oh, yeah, I dropped it." This personally offended him to the point that he felt the need to lecture me on not having a case. The rant ended with something called a "brohoof" which I had to look up online and immediately felt even more uncomfortable than I already did.

I wish thread titles were longer.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm afraid to google brohoof now.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I was at the doctor's office and the doctor's assistant saw my 3DS and we talked about Smash Bros for a while. He mains Samus. It was nice.

Healbot posted:

You'll get put on a watch list.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Healbot posted:

It's a fist bump where one or both parties is a creepy manchild

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This week in extremely cruel fake leaks:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't want that anyway

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Fix posted:

Is this coming to the US? Do we know?

There hasn't been any officialy announcement, but I would bet that it will. The game has amiibo support and most other One Piece games have been getting released in the US over the past couple of years. I would guess we will probably get it sometime in the late summer or fall.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why even make a fake leak if it's not for SMT vs. Fire Emblem

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It probably is a fake, but TTYD probably could run on a 3DS. It's not exactly a graphics-intense game.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress whoever made this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please only trust Nintendo Directs.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Somebody is toying with people's hearts and messing with forces they know nothing about

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm not ashamed to play my 3DS in public. I'm not proud, either. I just... play.

you'd be surprised how little people actually notice and/or care about you or what you're doing

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
Wouldn't Super Mario RPG 3D be the one people would garrote an elderly neighbor for?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

blackjack posted:

Wouldn't Super Mario RPG 3D be the one people would garrote an elderly neighbor for?

None of these games need remakes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You forgot the other picture

That's not a gif

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
Yeah, but a portable version would be pretty sweet for those of us who never ever played it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can tell just how fake it is. The 3DS/2DS doesn't look like that when you take pictures of the screen.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

blackjack posted:

Why do we need a remake? My cart still works fine.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why do we need remakes of anything? Uh, so Nintendo can be in the black and so I can play slightly nicer looking versions of the same game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's high time for a Nintendo Direct when people feel the need to fill the silence with fakes. When is it, Iwata? When is it, man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Some people have lots of time on their hands to try and fool people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blwR9rroBU0

fleshweasel posted:

Why do we need remakes of anything? Uh, so Nintendo can be in the black and so I can play slightly nicer looking versions of the same game.

It is nice to have access to older games without having to own the older hardware. Of course, a robust virtual console service would serve the same purpose, but alas....

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 26, 2015