Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't suppose you could use the game audio in the videos? The background music you've put in is nice, but it feels a little off not hearing the guns fire or the soldiers' chatter.

That should only be Video 3, right?

Edit: Audio didn't record in video 3. I have means of being 100% certain that game audio will be recorded, now.

ProfessorBooty fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thanks for the effortpost!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ProfessorBooty posted:

That should only be Video 3, right?

Edit: Audio didn't record in video 3. I have means of being 100% certain that game audio will be recorded, now.

Ah ok. I only watched episode three because I'm a shameless narcissist.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Youtube link

A mission on one of the best maps in the game (no, its not the best map). Note that the sectoids have gained 1 HP due to alien research.

I'm mean to Colonel Corazon in this mission. I was being a little dramatic, please don't get upset Colonel Corazon. I love my soldiers.

Things I Forgot to Talk About Last Update

Fatigue

Fatigue. You either hate it, or you despise it. After a mission, a soldier is put into 'fatigue' status (unless they lose non-armor HP). This typically lasts 6 days, but can vary. The purposes are two-fold, the first reason is so you don't have supersoldiers by the end of the second month, the second is so that if you do lose a supersoldier later on, its not crippling because you should have many many leveled up soldiers. The fatigue timer can be increased and/or reduced later in the game. You can take a fatigued soldier on a mission ('exhausting' a soldier), but by doing so the soldier goes into 'wounded' status after the mission, even if the soldier isn't hurt. The wounded timer varies, but is around 8 days. Any extra fatigue time is added to the wounded timer (So if a soldier had 2 days left of fatigue, taking them on a mission would add 2 more days to the wounded status).

Personally, I kind of like fatigue, it adds an element of stress to the game - a good kind of stress that makes you feel awesome if you get through it okay. You can fatigue spiral very easily if you don't manage your troops well. The best way to manage fatigue is to have many, many leveled up soldiers.

Second Wave Options (new ones)

Strict Screening: Long War by default is set to 'Not Created Equally', this second wave option makes all your soldiers average.
Red Fog: Significantly changed from vanilla. Red fog affects both your soldiers, and the aliens. Healing your soldiers reverses Red Fog penalties. Will reduces the effects of Red Fog. Robotic units are affected by Red Fog once their health is below 50%. Red Fog affects mobility.
Liberation: All council countries must be liberated before the final mission.
Dynamic War: Kind of an experimental thing now, it replaced 'Not So Long War'. Instead of planning missions at the beginning of the month, the aliens plan missions on-the-fly, this is good because it reduces wonky behavior (Like planning a terror attack on a captured council nation). There's an ini variable that can be changed that basically changes mission frequency, rewards, research times, fatigue, and other things. The default is 0.5, which is supposed to be roughly half the length of a regular Long War campaign.
Cinematic Mode: This is the closest thing to 'Easy' mode in Long War. Cinematic mode gives all interceptors, soldiers, and SHIVs +15 aim.
Wear and Tear: Items randomly need repairs after missions (I'll talk about repairs when they become relevant).
Bronzeman: Allows player to restart missions (only applicable to ironman games), restarting a mission changes the drop site, as well as enemy group placement, but I don't think it changes the number and composition of aliens.
Mind Hates Matter: No Gene mods for psi soldiers.
Commander's Choice: Classes are not randomized.

Popular options include Red Fog, especially because healing reverses it, aiming angles, and Commander's Choice. Cinematic Mode + Normal is popular for new players, but honestly, if you don't have the fundamentals right you won't do very well even with Cinematic Mode.

Because I choose Strict Screening, I don't choose Commander's Choice, probably because I hate myself. If I didn't choose Strict Screening, I would probably pick up Commander's choice.

Let's Talk GUNS

I mentioned carbines in this video, so I figure its not a bad idea to expand on guns here.

Weapon Types

The basic weapon types in Long War are (in order of lowest tier to highest tier) Ballistics, Lasers, Gauss, Pulse, and Plasma. We start with Ballistics. Each variety has its benefits and drawbacks, and we'll discuss them as they become more relevant.

Each weapon has a range of damage in Long War. Choosing Damage roulette as a second wave option makes the damage range a lot more swingy.

Rifle-type guns

Assault Rifles: Pretty much the same as the vanilla assault rifle (but using the vanilla Exalt model). 3-5 damage, +8% chance to crit (meaning if flanking a non-hardened bad guy, you have 50% (exposed/flanked) + 8%), 3 base ammo capacity. Not too special. Signature weapon for most riflemen, and rookies. Anyone can use the assault rifle, even gunners.

Assault Carbines: Reduced damage from Assault Rifles (2-4), reduced chance to crit(+4%), +1 mobility, +6 aim, 3 base ammo. This weapon is a trap, and should only be used if you want slightly more mobility without sacrificing ammo capacity. Seriously, stick to the base assault rifle until better carbines are researched because you'll find yourself not penetrating an early drone's DR. Anyone can use this weapon.

Submachine Gun: Same damage as carbines, 0% base chance to crit, +3 mobility, +0 aim, 2 ammo. Great for lots of mobility with no punch, but the high mobility means easier flanks, so this is something to consider. Please don't bring SMGs on suppression soldiers.

Battle Rifles: Higher damage (4-6), 12% Base chance to crit, -1 mobility, -12(!!!!) aim, 4 ammo. Great on soldiers with lots of aim, but I won't see the type of aim I think is required to use this gun as I chose Strict Screening as a second wave option. Makes a pretty good suppression stick, but the battle rifle is going to be changed in the next iteration of beta 15, so who the hell knows. Take this weapon if you're the type to win the lottery. Rookies, gunners, and snipers can't use the battle rifle.

Shotgun-type guns (The best type guns)

Shotgun: 4-8 damage, 16% base chance to crit, 5(!) base ammunition. This gun is amazing, seriously. If rookies could use this gun then they wouldn't be such a liability. This gun is so good, I skip laser shotguns (I'll expand on that another time). This gun is equippable by Infantry, Assaults, Scouts, Medics, and Engineers, and they'll all carry a shotgun at some point in my campaign. This gun turns any class into a murder-machine, and the close-range aim bonuses mean drone troubles are a thing of the past, DR bonuses notwithstanding. Just be careful of activating more enemies when using it.

Sidearms

Ballistic Pistol: 1-3 damage, 0% base crit, 2 ammo, accuracy penalty without gunslinger. Its a pistol. I have a hard time upgrading to newer pistol-type sidearms because the low damage output of this weapon can be handy for captures, that, and upgraded pistols cost money. Usable by anyone who can use a pistol (Not gunners or rocketeers).

Machine Pistol: 2-4 damage, 0% base crit, 2 ammo, -1 mobility, -8 aim, same accuracy penalty as the ballistic pistol. The -1 mobility kills this weapon for me. Upgraded versions are ... okay. Kind of needs gunslinger to be of any use, but it can come in handy at times. I used to give snipers gunslinger and give them this weapon and they made pretty decent helpers on breeches, but I've sort of moved on as I couldn't stand the mobility penalty.

Sawed-off shotgun: The wiki puts this in the 'shotgun' class of weapons, but its a sidearm. 4-8 damage, 4% base crit, 1 ammo (no matter what, even with foundry projects), -12 aim (this doesn't matter, really), -1 mobility, can only be used against adjacent targets. Can only be used by the same classes that use the regular shotgun. If rookies could take this weapon, I would give them carbines or SMGs with this as a sidearm, and then they would be good. But I can't. If Snipers could take this weapon, I would consider making a couple. They're free weapons, but they demand mobility. I'm not sure how they handle against flying targets, I might test that out.

I had a whole big writeup here on GUNS, but I think this can wait until we start seeing more.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
That is the worst map, and Corozon is the worst trooper. :allears:

But yay, I'm tactical, aka the most likely to die, aka the best classes. I'll earn that purple armor in the blood of the xenos. :black101:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
If you're still taking signups, sign me up, Coach! Indian or Canadian, no preferences to class. Like so many others, I am deeply excited to see all the crazy-rear end changes that occur in the mod.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Could you give Gridlocked an Australian accent?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Reporting for duty! I'll take the first MEC you make if possible.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Gridlocked posted:

Could you give Gridlocked an Australian accent?

Oh, sure :)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Reporting for duty! I'll take the first MEC you make if possible.

Get in line dang you, if any of us survive till then I called dibs... unless your class makes a big difference for MECing in long war. I'm actually kind of interested to know, but at the same time it seems more like a thing to talk about when we get to it.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Glad I could be of use, can't wait to get back into action in like 3 weeks.

Please give me some awesome helmet to cover my wounds.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Ah, I didn't realize you were eschewing snipers. Can I revise my signup to Female, any nationality, whatever class--?

...ah. MECs heavily claimed. Officer, maybe. I dunno. Whatever'll have interesting action.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 27, 2015

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Thanks for adding me to the pilot roster. I welcome the possibility of having my callsign changed to reflect your mood.

By all means, if I succeed grandly or fail miserably at gunning down UFOs feel free to pick a more appropriate appellation.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I use snipers, but I can easily get through the game with 5 snipers, if none of them die. They don't get injured nearly as often as other classes - the ones more likely to get hurt have better defensive perks, and the others are like, really far away.

I can't promise anyone will be a MEC. Once MECs are available I make them based on who/what class is wounded, as wounded timers can get pretty high late in the game, so MEC'ing someone is a great way of reducing wound times (XCOM soldier recycling program). Otherwise I'll build based on critical wounds. For example, because CongoJack was critically wounded, he has lower will. Somehow chopping off someone's arms and legs resets their will (unless its higher than average).

As I said in the first post, people who make things easy for me are more likely to be picked. If you want a specific class, I need to level up a generic rookie, hope she or he gets that class, then when that class is needed I'll rename the soldier. I listed the order in which requests came in, so I'm trying to keep that into consideration (which is why Detheros was in this mission), but on the XCOM Zodiac March is the Month of the Rookie.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

More like Corporal CorazNo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I just yelled at the screen saying "take the loving shot". That means this is a good LP when I think yelling at a recorded video will make you hear me.

Also everyone should have an Australian accent.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

A dumb green comb over mohawk, four grenades, and a shotgun that all get used in the mission with great results? :hellyeah:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Samovar posted:

Boy I sure earned that promotion by shooting that guy who appeared like 4 feet away from me.

This is X-Com, not panicking and killing someone else in the squad because someone shot at you and missed means you earned a promotion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fortunately one of the changes Long War made is that panicked soldiers don't lose their poo poo and unload a clip into the nearest VIP. They just hunker now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Fister Roboto posted:

Fortunately one of the changes Long War made is that panicked soldiers don't lose their poo poo and unload a clip into the nearest VIP. They just hunker now.

I don't see how this is a positive change. Or when they greatly reduced the odds of it happening in the base game when they released the expansion.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

For anyone on a Mac, fair warning: this mod has completely screwed up my installation. I installed it, tried it out, and I was pretty impressed until the game crashed to desktop. Then, it would not re-open. Using the uninstall script that came with the mod did not help, nor did even using Steam's "Delete local content" and re-downloading the entire app. Startup just hangs indefinitely now. :xcom:

Long War seems to add a ton of neat stuff, but I'm going to suggest that anyone on Mac or Linux (which shares the install scripts) just let the OP show it off.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Akratic Method posted:

For anyone on a Mac, fair warning: this mod has completely screwed up my installation. I installed it, tried it out, and I was pretty impressed until the game crashed to desktop. Then, it would not re-open. Using the uninstall script that came with the mod did not help, nor did even using Steam's "Delete local content" and re-downloading the entire app. Startup just hangs indefinitely now. :xcom:

Long War seems to add a ton of neat stuff, but I'm going to suggest that anyone on Mac or Linux (which shares the install scripts) just let the OP show it off.

You need to manually delete the mod info, the steam delete local content function wouldn't remove files you added.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I didn't have any issues with the Linux install, but that was back in Beta 14. I did have some Linux/Mac-specific issues then (during gameplay), which I guess they fixed, but because I dual-boot I decided to just play the game on Windows - it's simply the case that the Windows versions are more thoroughly bug-tested.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Could I get in as well? Any Dutch, preferably with the sunglasses/beret, French voice file? Fingers crossed for getting chopped up for booshMEC duty.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
87 Volunteers. It's almost guaranteed that everyone can be in the roster, but its not quite guaranteed everyone will have more than one mission, with the exception of early volunteers, but you're on the list :)

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

ProfessorBooty posted:

I use snipers, but I can easily get through the game with 5 snipers, if none of them die. They don't get injured nearly as often as other classes - the ones more likely to get hurt have better defensive perks, and the others are like, really far away.

I can't promise anyone will be a MEC. Once MECs are available I make them based on who/what class is wounded, as wounded timers can get pretty high late in the game, so MEC'ing someone is a great way of reducing wound times (XCOM soldier recycling program). Otherwise I'll build based on critical wounds. For example, because CongoJack was critically wounded, he has lower will. Somehow chopping off someone's arms and legs resets their will (unless its higher than average).

As I said in the first post, people who make things easy for me are more likely to be picked. If you want a specific class, I need to level up a generic rookie, hope she or he gets that class, then when that class is needed I'll rename the soldier. I listed the order in which requests came in, so I'm trying to keep that into consideration (which is why Detheros was in this mission), but on the XCOM Zodiac March is the Month of the Rookie.

In that case could you revise me to any class, just have the Polish voice on them.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Edit: actually never mind, either everyone will ignore that or it'll derail the thread, and either way it was a waste of a post.

Replacement post since you can't outright delete:

When I briefly had Long War working, I was actually most impressed by the improved tactical AI. On my second mission, I lost a rookie to having half the enemy group go behind me an approach through an unexpected door. I never had to think too hard about flanks in vanilla--I was pretty impressed, honestly!

VV I'll give that a try!

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 30, 2015

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
^^^

If you can somehow get a hold of wGhost with your issues I'm sure she'd have no problem helping out :). From what little I understand she is Long War's resident Linux/Mac expert. I'm pretty sure you can find her on the nexusmods forums, or Reddit. I would recommend some sort of bug report either way, it sounds like your issue is relatively unique.

Edit: Removed quote.

ProfessorBooty fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 30, 2015

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Do me, do me! I'm fine with any class (or being a shiv), but load me up with as many explosives as possible with whatever I get. Male and beardy as possible too.

edit: As many explosives as possible because that's like 50% of the gameplay in any X-Com game.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
I kind of like Carbines on rocketeers. Makes them less slow and gives them some extra aim to make sure the rockets hit.

They are sometimes usefull on rookies because:

1: The rookies can scout a bit better
2: The rookies can sometimes hit something
3: The anemic damage can be used to help with a capture.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
This is terrifying. I volunteer! Name Stephen Smith, male, British voice, yellow armour, no class preference, and a beret with sunglasses if I survive my first mission. Before that, you can choose my hair, though the colour of it is brown.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Mightypeon posted:

I kind of like Carbines on rocketeers. Makes them less slow and gives them some extra aim to make sure the rockets hit.

They are sometimes usefull on rookies because:

1: The rookies can scout a bit better
2: The rookies can sometimes hit something
3: The anemic damage can be used to help with a capture.

Actually they changed it so Rocket aim isn't boosted by your weapon anymore, I usually just use SMG's now to offset the weight of all those rockets (rocket-only Rocketeers are the best).

Anyway, might as well add me to the list, it is at least theoretically possible I will be needed as a replacement late in the game and can hopefully start as a corporal at least :)

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Youtube Link

A 'roadway' abduction mission. A great map for snipers (Note: Didn't bring snipers). I'll take ownership of all mistakes made, but my bad excuse is I have a lot to keep track of when doing these so I am more likely to make tactical errors.

Lance Corporal Scout Perks

This is changing in the next iteration of B15, which means I'll have to re-do all of my scout builds! :cripes:

But for now, we have holo-targeting, gunslinger, and lone wolf:

- Holotargeting is unchanged from vanilla.
- Gunslinger gives +1 damage to pistols, and eliminates long-range aim penalties (the -8 aim penalty for machine pistols still apply).
- Lone Wolf doesn't exist in vanilla: it gives you +10 aim and +10 crit if not within 7 tiles of an ally.

Extra aim is a great thing, and holotargeting gives the scout the ability to improve everyone's aim against another bad guy. It's generally a good skill and stays relevant for the whole game. Of course, it doesn't help if you straight up kill the guy I want you to holo-target, thejoshie <:mad:>

Gunslinger isn't a *bad* ability, but it doesn't fit the way I play my scouts. I don't usually pick up gunslinger on my covert operatives, and though the scout is a great covert operative - especially if you don't have Strict Screening (and you choose scouts with great mobility) - I use other classes as covert operatives. It's a decent choice on other classes.

Lone Wolf is a pretty good ability and I may consider picking it up on a scout or two, maybe in the next beta when the perk tree changes. If your scouts tend to work in relative isolation this isn't a bad idea and can help them fight their way out of a tight bind. I like shotgun scouts, and they tend to work in two-to-three man teams, so lone wolf doesn't help them much.

The thing to take away from Long War is they try to maximize vertical (across ranks) synergy while allowing a little bit of wiggle room in each rank. This makes multiple builds for each class viable. I'll go as far as having 'early game' builds and 'late game' builds, and some soldiers will have mixed builds for reasons we'll discuss another time. The 'no poo poo' choice doesn't exist anymore, save for one or two ranks in some classes.

Bad Guy Showcase

Sectoids

Sectoids are the weakest alien in the roster, but they can be drat annoying. Because they use pistols, all sectoids have the 'gunslinger' perk, as pistol use has a pretty severe accuracy drop-off with distance. Starting HP is 3, and that grows with time.

Sectoids have the ability to suppress, mind merge (grant ally will, more HP, better chance to crit), mind fray (aim/movement/will debuff), and psi panic. I'm not certain of all the perks they get, but before long leaders get Low Profile, and with time all the sectoids get Low Profile, so they can be a real nuisance. I'll sometimes go out of the way to kill a sectoid if it means not having to deal with psi spam.

Drones

No longer slaves to larger mechanical units, drones can come in mixed groups with other organic units (usually sectoids), or their own groups. They start with pretty high DR (1.5 base, I think? I might be wrong) and can be a huge pain in the rear end to fight. A group of drones by themselves isn't so bad, but mix drones + sectoids + rookies + multiple activations and you're in trouble. They get perks in the future, too. First perk they typically get is holo-targeting. They can behave erratically and are difficult to predict at times. I find in the begining the best way to deal with them is to back up out of their blue-move range and steady-aim. After a couple are downed you can go for the point-blank shots, but even this can backfire. They get extra DR vs. shotguns, but shotguns typically do enough damage to easily overcome this.

Items Showcase

After researching alien materials, we have Alloy plating, HEAT ammo (For SHIVs), and the Phoenix Cannon.

- Alloy plating gives 2 HP, but can't be stacked with other small plating items, like the ceramic plating

- The phoenix cannon replaces the phoenix coilgun in a prior LW release (the coilgun was Gauss-tier, and an okay weapon, but most people skipped it. A foundry project upgrades all phoenix cannons to the same level as the old coilgun). It makes up for interceptor accuracy by shooting faster.

- SHIV HEAT ammo gives SHIVs heat ammo :downs:.

Alloy plating is good for the entire game, well worth having a couple, and a direct upgrade to the ceramic plating.

I tried giving the phoenix cannon its fair shake, but I'm not very impressed with it. One phoenix cannon is .75 interceptors minus alloys in cost (given the NA bonus), and it doesn't do much more damage, and you're likely to get damaged more trying to get more shots in. I think I'm going to skip it this time around.

HEAT ammo is pretty good, but if/when I start rolling out SHIVs I think I'll have better options available. The only robotic units so far are drones, and given most early game robotics fly I don't think the SHIV will have enough aim to make this worth it, though it would make a good source of HEAT if I don't have any other sources.

ProfessorBooty fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 5, 2015

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
Nearly cussed out loud when you put my guy next to that burning van... and no kills either :negative:

Also yeah, feel free to shorten my guys' name, not that you pronounce it badly or anything... assuming he ever gets to go on another mission/survives, of course :v:

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Puukko naamassa posted:

Nearly cussed out loud when you put my guy next to that burning van... and no kills either :negative:

Also yeah, feel free to shorten my guys' name, not that you pronounce it badly or anything... assuming he ever gets to go on another mission/survives, of course :v:

Sorry :(

I get messed up by the new AI so much, it used to be that the AI would avoid things that will explode in the next turn or two like the plague, and I would subconsciously avoid them as well. Need to remember now that if its good enough for a sectoid, it might not be good enough for me and I need to think twice.

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
It's Cameroon not French Guiana, still you where surprisingly close.

Camaroon

French Guiana, sometimes the green and yellow are the other ways around or is split differently, I think it has something to do with civil wars or something, my geo-political history is poor outside of fantasy lands like Narnia, Middle Earth or Belgium

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

That was pretty hilarious that you got tricked by a suicidal Sectoid.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I am pretty sure a sniper would have broken this mission.

And yeah, in vanilla this is only available as a unique mission in Portent.

Also, what did the green names on the council report screen (such as over Canada) mean?

Edit: Do you have to worry about Exalt stealing all your X-Com bux?

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 1, 2015

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I'm too good at grenades... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

You can get satellite requests from a country in Vanilla Enemy Within, though I don' think they're as common as you seem to be getting them.

• Locked thread