Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BrianWilly posted:

It was pretty great how Ray showed how easy it is to figure out every aspect of the Arrow's operation if you just pay a bit of attention to stuff.

Though...it was kinda creepy how he apparently knows Laurel's entire sexual and gym membership history off the top of his head. :raise:

He was shown doing research on Ollie when Felicity walked into the room. I assume he did a known associates check too.

Black guy with gun
Chick
Red Archer

Considering the only people Ollie really hang out with fit that description wellllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone really think Floyd is dead? I mean the rule I have learned is unless you see their body bleeding and battered, they are not dead. (Even then this isn't true always.)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crowsbeak posted:

Does anyone really think Floyd is dead? I mean the rule I have learned is unless you see their body bleeding and battered, they are not dead. (Even then this isn't true always.)

If he was alive, I'm sure Waller would know because of the magical neck bomb implant.

Or the writers didn't think of that.

(He did it to get away from Cupid)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Honestly, I'm pretty sure we'll see him next year for the HIVE plot.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Roy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Error 404 posted:

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Roy

:golfclap:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
"Suicidal Tendencies" has a huge number of scenes were people cross town to deliver, at most, 3 or 4 sentences of information. Isn't the point of dramatic scenes to get us in late, and then get us out with the implication there's further discussion?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I'd love to take the Ray's office scene and juxtapose it with 3 minutes, on either end, of Oliver riding the elevator. Not even crossing town to the office building...just checking his watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did make an appointment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Well season 2 was bad rear end. Really really enjoyed it. The last 3 to 4 episodes were so intense. Im aware is on purpose but i like the way the island flashbacks paralleled the events in Startling City. I was pretty drat shocked to see Amanda Waller at the end.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

boom boom boom posted:

no dig no sale

:dance:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'll take twenty.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

He needs to hold two guns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And a set of keys.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

And a set of keys.

The Team Arrow Action Van™ is sold separately.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I think Chuck handled it pretty well. The conversation basically went:

Morgan: Oh wow so you finally pulled the trigger and killed a bad guy.

Chuck: Yeah, I put a couple of rounds in the 0 ring, then he fell off a bridge. There's no way he could survive being shot multiple times, then falling off a bridge. He's definitely dead.

Morgan: Oh so did you find his corpse?

Chuck: No point, I shot him a bunch then he fell into a river so he's definitely dead.

Morgan: OK, Have you watched anything ever? The guy who falls into the river always comes back from the dead.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 27, 2015

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

TheLakers posted:

I love TV Lawton, but let's not get crazy.

Seriously. Will Smith is a lot of things, but a bad actor isn't one of them. Just because After Earth bombed doesn't mean he's no longer a crazy good actor.

Also, this isn't the TV Lawton's fault, but the PTSD back story scenes were goddamn awful this week. Clichéd, clumsily written garbage. Will Smith playing a PTSD-addled veteran who murders for hire sounds excellent, and a feature film runtime to explore it sounds even better.

I'm late to this party, but I'm surprised there are so many people attached to the comic Atom. I have no familiarity with the character at all, outside of "DC version of Ant-Man." And yeah, that sounds dumb.

Brandon Routh playing a nerdier, low-rent Iron Man is amazing, and if they were denied Ted Kord...fine, whatever, Kroger-brand Blue Beetle sounds better to me than a "comic-accurate" Atom any day.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Atom does poo poo a little crazier than ant man, like shrinking to a subatomic level or walking around in someone brain.

One of his successors Ryan Choi becomes a professor at a swinging college and keeps getting in wacky hijinks and the villain Giganta keeps trying to gently caress him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xealot posted:

Seriously. Will Smith is a lot of things, but a bad actor isn't one of them. Just because After Earth bombed doesn't mean he's no longer a crazy good actor.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard that Will spends most of it stuck in their ship or something and it's all about his son anyway.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Xealot posted:

Also, this isn't the TV Lawton's fault, but the PTSD back story scenes were goddamn awful this week. Clichéd, clumsily written garbage.
Lawton: I've come home from the war and am so happy to finally have the chance to be normal.
[Indeterminate amount of time later]
Wife: Ever since you came back from the war, you've been different.
Lawton: That's because I had to kill a bunch of people, and can no longer interact with you on a human level. It stripped me of my soul and left me a broken husk of a man.
*Pulls gun on wife*
Wife: Well now your mental illness has cost you your family and your good name. Enjoy prison dirtbag!

I don't know what you're talking about, that was an Oscar quality scene right there.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What's great about this episode is how often the juxtapose Oliver not killing someone and Diggle killing dozens of people.
Also, I love the Senator's plan.
1.build the hospital in the Soviet bloc
2.get captured
3. Talk my way free
4. Ride that hostage negotiator love all the way to the White House!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Golden Bee posted:

What's great about this episode is how often the juxtapose Oliver not killing someone and Diggle killing dozens of people.

Terrorists outside the US are free game. Killing is only bad in America where we have a legal system and prisons!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey Diggle doesn't have any dead friends to honor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is there a recommended watch order for Arrow Season 3 and Flash? Or is it ok to watch Arrow straight through and then Flash straight through?

EDIT: Did not expect Sara to get killed in Episode 1

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can watch them anyway you want outside of the crossover episodes. They're #8 of the season for both shows. Flash comes first there, then Arrow.

Otherwise there's another pair of episodes where Felicity visits Barry and then isn't in the first half hour or so of the accompanying Arrow episode, but it doesn't really matter if you see her return from that trip first.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Apart from the first episode of each (which has a little crossover bit between them) main thing to be aware of is that the big crossover event is episode 8 of both series, with The Flash episode preceding the Arrow episode. So you probably want to work with that in mind, do episodes 1 to 7 of both as you please, the episode 8s as intended then carry on as you like from there. Looks like there's probably going to be another crossover set of episodes by the end of the series as well.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

You can watch them anyway you want outside of the crossover episodes. They're #8 of the season for both shows. Flash comes first there, then Arrow.

Otherwise there's another pair of episodes where Felicity visits Barry and then isn't in the first half hour or so of the accompanying Arrow episode, but it doesn't really matter if you see her return from that trip first.

Dave Angel posted:

Apart from the first episode of each (which has a little crossover bit between them) main thing to be aware of is that the big crossover event is episode 8 of both series, with The Flash episode preceding the Arrow episode. So you probably want to work with that in mind, do episodes 1 to 7 of both as you please, the episode 8s as intended then carry on as you like from there. Looks like there's probably going to be another crossover set of episodes by the end of the series as well.

Thank you both!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Golden Bee posted:

2.get captured
3. Talk my way free

It's such a comic bookish plan. How could it fail?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I gotta chime in and say how hilarious it was that Diggle immediately scared the gently caress out of Ray when they first met.

"You hurt her and they'll never find your body."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

JohnSherman posted:

Lawton: I've come home from the war and am so happy to finally have the chance to be normal.
Lawton: That's because I had to kill a bunch of people, and can no longer interact with you on a human level. It stripped me of my soul and left me a broken husk of a man.
*Pulls gun on wife*
Wife: Well now your mental illness has cost you your family and your good name. Enjoy prison dirtbag!

I don't know what you're talking about, that was an Oscar quality scene right there.

The weirdest thing about the clumsy flashbacks was how well the show has handled Oliver's PTSD in the past. They've touched on it this year, too, to great effect. Oliver's missing five years didn't just change him, it also fundamentally damaged him. And to go from that nuance to "beer-swilling veteran yelling at kid with You Don't Understand"s was pretty jarring.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scyantific posted:

I gotta chime in and say how hilarious it was that Diggle immediately scared the gently caress out of Ray when they first met.

"You hurt her and they'll never find your body."

The best part is that Roy has no context for it. He doesn't know that they spent the past three years fighting crime together, so it just comes out of nowhere for him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Golden Bee posted:

2.get captured
3. Talk my way free

If the GOP is to reclaim the White House after embracing all the crazies these past eight years they are going to have to take some drastic steps.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

hcreight posted:

I like to think that Roy stayed passed out on the ground there for the rest of the episode.

sorry to quote from 5 pages back, but I just got a chance to watch this episode and thought the exact same thing. Ollie just coolly walking away alone cracked me up.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

boom boom boom posted:

The best part is that Ray has no context for it. He doesn't know that they spent the past three years fighting crime together, so it just comes out of nowhere for him.

He may know Diggle's an army guy.

Yeah, Diggle doesn't really care about murdering people. He shoots people in the chest constantly and thinks nothing of it. He should be the next Ra's ah Ghul.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Diggle really is the best character on the show. He gives no shits.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok which one of you geniuses was behind this

Also, when asked about the Roy thing from this week, this was Marc Guggenheim's answer:

Marc Guggenheim's Tumblr posted:

We hosed up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Xealot posted:

He may know Diggle's an army guy.

Yeah, Diggle doesn't really care about murdering people. He shoots people in the chest constantly and thinks nothing of it. He should be the next Ra's ah Ghul.

I mean, Diggle kills a lot of people but the circumstances are almost always clear life and death, self defense sort of situations. They've even gone to lengths to show that when there's something sketchy about his orders of who to kill or why he fights against it. He's a soldier and is prepared to kill armed terrorists holding hostages or someone with a gun to his friend's head, but he's not going to be executing many people in cold blood like Ollie was doing in season 1.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

dooohooohoohohoh

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JohnSherman posted:

*Pulls gun on wife*

I'm pretty sure that scene was handled better than anything in American Sniper. At least the kid was real and not a doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, Diggle kills a lot of people but the circumstances are almost always clear life and death, self defense sort of situations. They've even gone to lengths to show that when there's something sketchy about his orders of who to kill or why he fights against it. He's a soldier and is prepared to kill armed terrorists holding hostages or someone with a gun to his friend's head, but he's not going to be executing many people in cold blood like Ollie was doing in season 1.

Ollie is always in the same life-or-death situations, though. But when there are a bunch of guys shooting machine guns at Ollie, he makes sure to shoot them in the shoulder or knock them out somehow. Diggle is like "I ain't no superhero. That poo poo's crazy" and just blasts 'em in the chest. Diggle is a soldier.

• Locked thread