Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

It's a bit early to call, but McElwain might have Spurrier-level trolling skills and I'm hoping he lives up to that hype.

It seems that way.

UF beat writers are notoriously huge babies and want absolutely unfettered access to the program. I like that Mac is making sure that everyone knows it is his show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

RumbleFish posted:

In other news, the Duck Dynasty folks will no longer sponsor the Independence Bowl. We are the first and the last Duck Commanders. :911:

Bring back Poulan Weedeaters

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

In other news, the Duck Dynasty folks will no longer sponsor the Independence Bowl. We are the first and the last Duck Commanders. :911:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kittenmittons posted:

This is the way the career ends
Not with a bang but a twitter

Sounds like it has been cleared up, but man that was stupid. Shouldn't impact his future Oregon/FSU eligibility.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's Sony Michel is going to be out of the rest of spring practice with a shoulder/collar bone injury. Won't require surgery or anything. They aren't saying if it is related to his injury from last season, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is. Hopefully he gets healed up for the fall.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://vine.co/v/OFUrnUVqDgT

Dabo rules

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Not naming the other team is only funny when Tim Beckman does it (yes yes WildcatWithARedLineThroughIt.jpg)

Losing the Hat Game Bowl Game to Beckman is literally a top five soul crushing sports loss for me

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

R.D. Mangles posted:

Losing the Hat Game Bowl Game to Beckman is literally a top five soul crushing sports loss for me

Same. I keep telling myself we were playing the long game for more Beckman hilarity in the future, but sitting through that game still sucked.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: NBC just ordered a sequel to "Coach". Craig T Nelson is on board.

quote:

NBC’s revival of the original series will be set in present day with Hayden Fox retired from coaching. He is called back home to become assistant coach to his grown son who is the new head coach at an Ivy League school in Pennsylvania that is just starting up a new team.

Views: :911:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan dumped the legends jerseys and brought back helmet stickers.

Hell yeah.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

So he's Monte Kiffin?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Bling Bling

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith/status/581461451467952129

https://twitter.com/JHeuerman86/status/581460238261325824/photo/1

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's a big loving ring.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa should also bring Hayden back.

Neodoomium posted:

Best Mascot but also we're still mad about losing to them in the Basketball tournament a few years ago

That happening at around the same time The Lummox and your idiot fanbase started doing the "Ohio" thing was so loving funny

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 27, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

How is an Ivy just starting a team? Doesn't make sense.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

How is an Ivy just starting a team? Doesn't make sense.

Coach actually takes place in the far future where football died off and is being restarted as a niche sport. This Ivy League school is just starting up their team after a 300 year hiatus.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Urban's face is cracking me up

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Its nice that they let Ohio State see them but they should really just box them back up and send them to TCU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm in Charleston south Carolina

What should I do?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Korranus posted:

Coach actually takes place in the far future where football died off and is being restarted as a niche sport. This Ivy League school is just starting up their team after a 300 year hiatus.

I look forward to the scene where they unfreeze Luther and it turns out that Dauber inspired a religion.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
There is going to be A Very Special Episode where Dauber is diagnosed with CTE.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

pillsburysoldier posted:

What should I do?

Brace yourself for the massive influx of tourists in town for the Bridge Run and Flowertown Festival. What are you looking to do?

(Go eat and drink at Edmund's Oast if you like good food and beer or Swig and Swine if you like good BBQ and beer)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The Human Cow posted:

Brace yourself for the massive influx of tourists in town for the Bridge Run and Flowertown Festival. What are you looking to do?

(Go eat and drink at Edmund's Oast if you like good food and beer or Swig and Swine if you like good BBQ and beer)

I'm here for a wedding, so I can't get too nutty

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Archie Manning has stepped down from the CFP committee. He'll be replaced by former Vandy head coach Bobby Johnson. I admit I had to Google him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Korranus posted:

Archie Manning has stepped down from the CFP committee. He'll be replaced by former Vandy head coach Bobby Johnson. I admit I had to Google him.

Prior to Franklin he was the only Vandy coach in the last 3 decades to take Vandy to a bowl so it's easier to remember than you think.

I also remember him because the year they went to a bowl(and won vs BC) the MVP of the bowl game was a drat punter because of course. It was pretty cool to see Vandy go to a bowl that year when they hadn't before in my lifetime. :3:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Korranus posted:

Hey, I remember Bobby Johnson. Kinda an out of nowhere name.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

What should I do?

Tattooed Moose for a duck confit club or thanksgiving leftovers (my favorite). Best lunch location, imo.

Swig and Swine for pork/beer combo. Edmunds Oast for hipster charcuterie and the best beer list in town (by far). Santis for legit pork tacos and strongest margaritas in town.

Bars: Edmund's Oast, Coleman Public House (Mt. P), House of Brews (Mt. P), The Barrel (Folly Beach), Oak Barrel Tavern (Avondale) and all the Mellow Mushrooms have a great beer selection.

Coast Brewing, Westbrook Brewing for brewery experience. Revelry downtown is cool, but the beer is better at the other places.

Beer runs to Charleston Beer Exchange or Bottles in Mt. P.

If you're looking for brunch on your way out of town hit Early Bird Diner on 17S and get shrimp and grits or corn cakes benedict. Chicken/waffles there are fantastic too. Or Ritas on Folly Beach. Or if you're off the beaten path and want to spend a little $$ the brunch at Fat Hen on Johns Island is french and loving awesome.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Groucho Marxist posted:

There is going to be A Very Special Episode where Dauber is diagnosed with CTE.

The twist at the end is he has never actually had a concussion and was just born like that

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i think of The Stand as happening in the Coach universe

m-o-o-n that spells run play!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

pillsburysoldier posted:

What should I do?

What part you staying in? Good restaurants have been mentioned already. Make sure to get brunch on Sunday from somewhere and try some shrimp and grits if you never had some.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

go3 posted:

i think of The Stand as happening in the Coach universe

m-o-o-n that spells run play!

UNLV and Colorado lookin real strong this year

(And Captain Trips is probably about the only way that sentence will ever be uttered.)

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 28, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

lamentable dustman posted:

What part you staying in? Good restaurants have been mentioned already. Make sure to get brunch on Sunday from somewhere and try some shrimp and grits if you never had some.

Daniels island.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Korranus posted:

UNLV and Colorado lookin real strong this year

UNLV will be strong when we beat UCLA and Michigan this year!!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Since fate is cruel those will be the only two wins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pillsburysoldier posted:

What should I do?

http://www.kaminskys.com/

Drinks, desserts, coffee, and good music.

But there is probably a line out the door right now because it's the weekend.

Go in the daytime. Get some coffee and pick a dessert from the front counter. The Tollhouse pie is amazing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Remember how Muschamp's last words as Florida coach were "Don't let the new guy tell you he ain't got any players?"

Well, Jim McElwain's got a different opinion: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/03/jim_mcelwain_florida_roster_re.html#incart_most-commented_alabamafootball

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Well, McElwain doesn't seem to have a room temp IQ.

7 Scholarship OL :thumbsup: Way to go, Champ. You hate offense so much you can't even bear to see it on your own team.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 28, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

McElwain has his work cut out for him. I have a feeling we are going to be pretty mediocre for a couple of seasons. Guess that's the price you pay to keep a bad coach for a season or two too long.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ehud posted:

McElwain has his work cut out for him. I have a feeling we are going to be pretty mediocre for a couple of seasons. Guess that's the price you pay to keep a bad coach for a season or two too long.

I hope Harbaugh can turn it around after this next year for Michigan.

He'll have upper class talent to work with, so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Well, McElwain doesn't seem to have a room temp IQ.

7 Scholarship OL :thumbsup: Way to go, Champ. You hate offense so much you can't even bear to see it on your own team.

loving Muschamp

• Locked thread