Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Tim Schafer hasn't made anything worthwhile ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The main problem with Dark Souls is it isn't Otogi 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Psychonauts is honestly one of the worst games I have ever played. My favorite part was when all the audio cut out for an entire world, while at the same time the textboxes bugged out and skipped through the dialogue as fast as possible. My second favorite was trying to platform when the piece of poo poo camera got stuck behind a wall and I couldn't move it out.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have to say everytime I see your av I am reminded how much I love the aesthetic of Homeworld and then I reminded that I am absolute garbage at it, sort of bitter sweet.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I had a lot of fun with Costume Quest as a silly game to pass an afternoon, but I'm pretty sure the concept for that one was from someone else at Doublefine. And holy poo poo it completely went to hell with the sequel.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hey if we're doing really obvious trolling that people will inevitably fall for I've got one:

Kingdom Hearts is a lovely franchise for literal infants

"DONALD DUCK SCORED A CRITICAL HIT ON SEPIROTH FOR 9999 DAMAGE!" Yeah that's a game adults play

Try not to step on any legos when you run upstairs from the basement when mom says your hot pockets are done

But this is true?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Saying anything that a goon likes has a fault in it is the best way to get anger out of goons.

Especially if if involves a Souls game.

Edit: \/ definitely true. The only thing goons agree with on Obsidian is that the actual shooting in Alpha Protocol is awful.

Mokinokaro has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Mar 27, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Mokinokaro posted:

Especially if if involves a Souls game.

Or New Vegas/any other Obsidian game. I can't tell you how many goon freak outs I've seen when someone made a minor complaint about New Vegas (especially anything plot related).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i lay in the piss, letting it soak into my skin giving it a piss tinge that will forever mark me as a scrub

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Nerds get worked up when you call Obsidian bad because they think storytelling in videogames is the highest form of art and when you explain to them that videogames are intended for kids it forces them to look inside themselves.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Strategic Tea posted:

But this is true?

It doesn't have to be untrue, just infuriating to babies

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Nerds get worked up when you call Obsidian bad because they think storytelling in videogames is the highest form of art and when you explain to them that videogames are intended for kids it forces them to look inside themselves.

I'd agree with you but I can't exactly get to the storytelling parts without the rear end end of my computer blowing out faster than a white person at an Indian restaurant.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ZeusCannon posted:

I have to say everytime I see your av I am reminded how much I love the aesthetic of Homeworld and then I reminded that I am absolute garbage at it, sort of bitter sweet.

The remastered version that Gearbox put out a few weeks ago is a lot easier, if you want to try it again. They completely broke formations though, for a pretty big thing dragging it down. Instead of staying in a delta or claw all fighters break off and swarm in HW1, making them way less effective than they used to be.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Alouicious posted:

i lay in the piss, letting it soak into my skin giving it a piss tinge that will forever mark me as a scrub

please go on :jackbud:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kimmalah posted:

Or New Vegas/any other Obsidian game. I can't tell you how many goon freak outs I've seen when someone made a minor complaint about New Vegas (especially anything plot related).
The gunplay in New Vegas was so bad I stopped playing. It actually might be the worst gunplay of any game I played for more than a couple of minutes. And no, VATS is not a satisfactory replacement for shooting.

It's a shame, because I liked exploring the FO3/NV worlds, but the mechanics were so clunky.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Dark Souls: Worst game ever?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chard posted:

please go on :jackbud:

i can't say whos piss this is, but i can say as a doctor they need to drink more water

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF thing dragging this game down: But not Dark Souls. Shut up about Dark Souls.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Someone's got you covered.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelthomsen/2014/04/25/is-dark-souls-ii-the-worst-game-ever-made/

quote:

It was like Ovid retold in the tobacco clouded arcades of my adolescence, assembled in fragmentary sentences hidden in item descriptions that became contradictory the further one read, mirroring the obsessive impossibility of mastering the game’s over-complex fighting system with a nesting of story details that seemed only to produce best guesses made to endlessly doubt themselves.

quote:

It’s the worst and least ethical form of play, taking the naturally constrained single encounters of Chess or Go into the heart of an infinity spiral rotating out from the center of a box of microprocessors built out of a grand network of exploitive labor practices around the world, creating a transfixing hallucination sublimely disassociated from the networks of labor required to produce it. The friendships formed in message boards and YouTube comment threads offset by the number of lives pinned in place by the economic conditions necessary for the creation of such hallucinatory machinery, offering the great thrill of achievement for having done nothing but press a few half-inch buttons, hypnotized by the unseen patterns passing through the screen, scrutable only to those others who’d undergone the same rite of initiation and spoke the secret lexicon.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It’s the worst and least ethical form of play, taking the naturally constrained single encounters of Chess or Go into the heart of an infinity spiral rotating out from the center of a box of microprocessors built out of a grand network of exploitive labor practices around the world, creating a transfixing hallucination sublimely disassociated from the networks of labor required to produce it. The friendships formed in message boards and YouTube comment threads offset by the number of lives pinned in place by the economic conditions necessary for the creation of such hallucinatory machinery, offering the great thrill of achievement for having done nothing but press a few half-inch buttons, hypnotized by the unseen patterns passing through the screen, scrotable only to those others who’d undergone the same rite of initiation and spoke the secret lexicon.

This is a amazing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Yeup, I've basically tried every fix in every forum about Pillars to no avail. It really sucks because I want to enjoy this game, I really want to get my $50 worth of crpg goodness out of it but it just won't let me. When it does run it lags like crazy and then just freezes and crashes every 5-10 minutes at most. Apparently it's trying to pull something like 2-3gigs of ram just to move across the map. :wtc:

If it runs on my incredibly lovely and weak Macbook Air then it should run on anything made in the last 5 years.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:byodood: PORTAL IS A TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD GAME AND ANYONE THAT SAYS OTHERWISE MUST OF HAD A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY FROM SATAN K THX BYE!

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Whats bringing bloodborne down for me is that i have work, gf to care for, partying to do and an exam to finish + app programming and working out to do before i can even look at my newly bought ps4.

I just wanna clear my schedule and do some major smokage but nooooo, I have to give a poo poo about my life.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

All games are actually the worst game ever, depending on what game people are playing at the time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:wow:

ZeusCannon posted:

This is a amazing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Grim Fandango, you idiot. :colbert:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I want a game like Dark Souls but with the controls from Octodad

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I got around to trying the Batman games for the first time, and the knife dudes in Asylum are the worst things in it so far (completed up to the second Scarecrow :catdrugs: point). I just want to continue foever with my crazy flying kick combo, and I have to break it to stun those knife dudes.

While the combat is way more fluid in Asylum than in an Assassin's Creed game, I honestly like AC's climbing a little more. I've walked off several platforms because I keep thinking Batman will drop and hang off a ledge if I inch off of it. The combat more than makes up for that little issue, though.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

QuietLion posted:

I got around to trying the Batman games for the first time, and the knife dudes in Asylum are the worst things in it so far (completed up to the second Scarecrow :catdrugs: point). I just want to continue foever with my crazy flying kick combo, and I have to break it to stun those knife dudes.

While the combat is way more fluid in Asylum than in an Assassin's Creed game, I honestly like AC's climbing a little more. I've walked off several platforms because I keep thinking Batman will drop and hang off a ledge if I inch off of it. The combat more than makes up for that little issue, though.

You'll get used to it. Just be happy that it doesn't take minutes to climb up the side of a building in this game.

Also Arkham games are incredible and AC games are pieces of loving poo poo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I want a game like Dark Souls but with the controls from Octodad
I want a game like Skyrim but with the controls from Dark Souls or Monster Hunter. Or a game like Fallout but with the controls from just about any other shooter.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

you're a loving awful troll, you keep saying things that are agreeable and correct

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

QuietLion posted:

The armored guys were worse for me since if they're next to a normal dude with an everyday average punchable face, it's pretty hard to get batman to hit the guy he can hit instead of going and punching the armored one like an idiot.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The armored guys were worse for me since if they're next to a normal dude with an everyday average punchable face, it's pretty hard to get batman to hit the guy he can hit instead of going and punching the armored one like an idiot.

I have that trouble with SoM. loving no don't combat finish the little scrub guy. Combat finish a real threat you rear end in a top hat.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Elysiume posted:

I want a game like Skyrim but with the controls from Dark Souls or Monster Hunter. Or a game like Fallout but with the controls from just about any other shooter.

I said this once on gamefaqs or somewhere equally stupid and instantly the thread of conversation became how retarded I was for daring to compare a babby game like Skyrim to our lord and savior Dark Souls in any way or mention them in the same sentence. I still agree that it would be a good idea because they control really fun, but it seems like Dragon's Dogma would be the closest to it.

So chalk me up as another of those "The people playing it drag down Dark Souls" people.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Stunrod guys were the absolute worst in Asylum, for me. Any area with them instantly became really lovely because they liked to just get in the way and cause you to get hurt because batman's toe accidentally collided with them.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ArtIsResistance posted:

What sort of liberal schools do your kids go to, that you think rape and genocide are appropriate topics for them?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Nuebot posted:

"The people playing it drag down Dark Souls"

When there's very little difference between "PvP" and "griefing", and I've been invaded by more than my fair share of MegaMule clones (seriously, an SL1 one-handing the Dragon's Tooth?), I would say that the only thing more toxic than the blowdart snipers is the community, yeah.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

If it runs on my incredibly lovely and weak Macbook Air then it should run on anything made in the last 5 years.

How does that help me or anyone else with these problems at all. How. Are you saying I should trade in my new computer with new parts in for a poo poo Mac to play this one game? Or are you just bragging? I really don't understand.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mister Adequate posted:

What sort of liberal schools do your kids go to, that you think rape and genocide are appropriate topics for them?

video games are for children

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

video games are for children

N... no! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

When there's very little difference between "PvP" and "griefing", and I've been invaded by more than my fair share of MegaMule clones (seriously, an SL1 one-handing the Dragon's Tooth?), I would say that the only thing more toxic than the blowdart snipers is the community, yeah.

So here's a mean spirited anecdote. Well after dark souls 2 came out I played the first one again and screwed around with cheat engine and gave my character the ability to petrify other players instantly, it's worth noting that most of the people I invaded already had infinite HP active. I got a lot of hate mail for it. I felt that "git gud" was the appropriate response.