Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

People with an extra high and tight like that just make me think they're a skinhead who hangs out at the local Klan meeting after work.

That's a really weird conclusion to jump to. Do you live in Idaho? (actually asking)

The most severe assumption I've ever jumped to is that they or someone they're close to is serving, has served and can't let go of that style/their past, and at worst have some extremely socially-conservative and/or religious views. But then again maybe my perspective's different/missing something. Oh also military wannabes sport those high and tights a lot.

edit: just realized this thread's in GIP, I really didn't need to over-explain the hair just now haha

But I've never known anyone who jumps to white supremacy, goddamn.

Like, I think the school is trippin hard. But then again maybe in that part of the country it's connected to white supremacy movements and I've never been aware :psyduck:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
All public schools should have uniforms. Including hair cut regulations. Learn how to write or draw or make the shop class equivalent of a poem or a drawing if you want to express yourself, faggots.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The high and tight has always, and will to the end of time, be a sure sign of stupidity, with a strong undercurrent of closeted homosexuality.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i don't wanna say you guys are missing the point, but its still pretty loving stupid that a kid is getting threatened with suspension because of his haircut, regardless if he looks like an idiot or not.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

i don't wanna say you guys are missing the point, but its still pretty loving stupid that a kid is getting threatened with suspension because of his haircut, regardless if he looks like an idiot or not.

I agree because I went to school in Tennessee and the suspension excuses are ridiculous.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's a really weird conclusion to jump to. Do you live in Idaho? (actually asking)

The most severe assumption I've ever jumped to is that they or someone they're close to is serving, has served and can't let go of that style/their past, and at worst have some extremely socially-conservative and/or religious views. But then again maybe my perspective's different/missing something. Oh also military wannabes sport those high and tights a lot.

edit: just realized this thread's in GIP, I really didn't need to over-explain the hair just now haha

But I've never known anyone who jumps to white supremacy, goddamn.

Like, I think the school is trippin hard. But then again maybe in that part of the country it's connected to white supremacy movements and I've never been aware :psyduck:

Rural California, so same difference. There wasn't any 'military people' anywhere near where I grew up, so I just mentally associate shaved heads with neonazis now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A high and tight on anyone but a boot is a sure sign of a complete douchenozzle.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

UoI posted:

I agree because I went to school in Tennessee and the suspension excuses are ridiculous.
I was suspended once for not doing an assignment. It was an in school suspension, so my punishment for not doing work was to sit in the nurses office and not do any work. I was unsupervised and just drew tanks/planes/army guys all day. That sure taught me a lesson. :colbert:

I also drew dicks under the desk.

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 28, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i got suspended a shitload in middle school, a lot of 1-3 day out of school suspensions it fuckin owned :getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
having a kid punch me, then me beating his rear end resulted in me getting to watch my dad yell at the principal and 3 days off right before Easter break

sure taught me a lesson

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I was suspended in junior high regularly for fighting. Barely made it to 8th grade on time. Was a terrible high school student. All I did was chase girls and skip class.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I got suspensions for ditching school in jr high.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I didn't get suspended that much, IIRC 4 times for fighting and once for dropping my pants at our rear end in a top hat bus driver who disapproved of my relationship with a cuban/dominican girl (I'm white) and calling him a fat gently caress

he was later fired and arrested for punching a student :laugh:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ded posted:

I got suspensions for ditching school in jr high.

i got suspended for skipping class in high school.

i really don't think administrators think that poo poo through sometimes.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
They still did corporal punishment at my high school so bright young angry Shim thought the best way to show how tough he was was to taunt the school official administering the paddle swats. Both increasing the number of swats he'd get, and ensuring they'd be swinging for the fences.

Called the superintendent a human being who swung the paddle like a baton at a gay pride, dude just lost his poo poo and lifted me off the ground with the last swing.

Mind you these were the punishments for fist fighting. Getting hit with a big paddle.

When I turned 18 I told him I was taking the paddle from him and swinging back, and never took another swat.

Craziest part? I'm not even exaggerating any of this. And I'm not THAT old.

:stare:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shim, you're like what? Late 30s?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
poo poo I remember having a paddle in my elementary school. Big red fucker with holes in it.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
This is reminding me of "Local Man Supports Troops Except the Ones He Went to High School With"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

poo poo I remember having a paddle in my elementary school. Big red fucker with holes in it.

Mrs. Caine had one, she had holes drilled in it so it would whistle when she swunfg it. She even had it painted and it read "The sound of music" on the handle.

Public school in rural Georgia

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only place that allowed corporal punishment was the private christian schools around here. I did 1st grade in one. You got the paddle for anything even perceived as wrong.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Corporal punishment hasn't been legal here since before my dad went through if I heard correctly. In 3rd grade we did have Senora Benco, a big mean Spanish teacher bitch from Puerto Rico who liked to scream, and broke a yardstick on the board one time when she was mad. One time I brought some crayons and decided I'd rather draw something than listen to her lesson, there was a lot of yelling, good times. She was replaced by the next year. I'm sure it sounded good on paper, we're a charter school not one of those public schools, we're going to teach your kids Spanish so they will be leaders when they grow up. Because of logistical problems they pretty much taught the same basic poo poo in every grade level, and as a result I don't know anyone from back then that can really be said to speak Spanish in any capacity. This was really dumb because they separated everyone into different English groups based on skill level instead of grade, why they couldn't just do the same thing with Spanish is odd, probably something dumb like not wanting to hire more than one teacher.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My high school's in-school suspension room was one of the few in our 1950s-build building to have air conditioning.

Punish the kids with an ISS on a 90 degree day at the start or end of the year. That'll learn them. :downsbravo:

E- The alternative program at my middle school featured a room complete with a TV and accessible N64. Saw a couple kids playing Rush 2 one day. :wtc:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some older kid twist my arm behind my back hard in 4th grade, so I punched him in the face and bent his glasses a little bit. His mom called the school crying that I'd punched him in the face unprovoked and broken his glasses. He admitted as much to the school liaison officer but I still ended up getting suspended. Dad decided the shitbag got what he deserved and brought me to McDonalds for lunch on the day I was suspended. A year later we got a new principle and not being from the most diverse place in the country a lot of my perception of black people came from tv. I punched some kid in the stomach after he lunged at me, and when I got sent to the principle I figured he was a cool black guy and wouldn't come down on me at all. He did give me a lecture about not beating on people and that was that. Not exactly "Right one Brosef!" but I was kind of right.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I went to school for 3rd and 4th grade equivalents in France. They really had no qualms with corporal punishment. Pulling ears, pulling hair, a smack upside the head, you name it. And I usually only understood half of what they were yelling at me for.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah I definitely graduated High School in rural rear end Missouri. Whole school was like 100 kids K-12,

On the extremely rare occasion I took to revisit that poo poo hole I went looking for the tough guy superintendent to just absolutely gently caress him up- turns out he stroked out and only half of him would have felt the inebriated rear end beating anyway- so I went down to our lovely towns old folks home / physical rehab / church / community center and drunkenly told him how lucky he was that his God sent a clot to his brain before I got my chance at caving his skull in. The local five oh consisted of my grandfather and uncle so when the little CNA's called in the cavalry because a big crazy man was screaming at a patient/rear end in a top hat my uncle figured it out and called my phone and made me leave the old drooling imbelent gently caress alone.

I did drunkenly spit on or at least at him before I left tho.

gently caress him. The only way I wouldnt have pissed on him that day had I needed to go at the time would have been in the case of him actually being on fire.

:colbert:

gently caress adults who hit kids. If he's not dead yet I hope his bed ridden routine is the worst waking nightmare imaginable.

Sucks I was too drunk to be properly understood, probably, and that even if I wasn't there's likely no way he knew me, remembered me or was just plain scared and confused.

Now I gotta know if he's still kicking.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I got spanked in school multiple times. They were crazy Jesus schools though.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
In the late 1970s at my first school (regular government run primary school), we got caned Singapore style, across the palms or the arse for misbehaving. I moved in grade 5 and don't remember the newer school having corporal punishment.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i got my rear end beatings at home like a true american :patriot:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i got my rear end beatings at home like a true Kiwi

Made me work faster, at least. Hard to get beaten with fence posts if you've already dug and set the inventory! :haw:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I went to a small public school in west texas (53 people in my graduating class) and it depended on the principal if we had it or not. One had a policy of a day of in school suspension or 3 licks. Some guys would have two weeks worth of poo poo racked up and get paddled a dozen times or so and go on their way.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

gently caress adults who hit kids.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My dad got beatings from the nuns growing up in Ireland. He's got some stories.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I got suspended for fighting in jr high.

High school was amusing because I had the assistant principle try to suspend me twice. Once for calling him essentially an incompetent cock smoker.

The second time was because I pissed off the county superintendent.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I was a good kid who never got in trouble.

Let's try to meander our way back to current events :)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

News outlets are covering the investigation into whether that German pilot had clinical depression and if he had concealed it from the airline. What are policies like if a pilot gets diagnosed while on flight status? Can guys fly if they're taking anti-depressants?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

News outlets are covering the investigation into whether that German pilot had clinical depression and if he had concealed it from the airline. What are policies like if a pilot gets diagnosed while on flight status? Can guys fly if they're taking anti-depressants?

Some moron on CNN actually had a salient point this morning, if pilots who are on strong medication with sometimes adverse side effects were barred from flying, you'd disembowel the core of experienced pilots in the air.

Best whupping I ever got was at home. I had a loose tooth I hadn't said anything about, and my mom backhanded me in the mouth for fighting with my brother at the dinner table. Tooth went flying, blood down my chin, and I was old enough to know to start with the trembling lower lip even though it didn't hurt.

loving ice cream for a week after that, thanks mom!

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 28, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Our GiP flight doc can answer this.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

VikingSkull posted:

Some moron on CNN actually had a salient point this morning, if pilots who are on strong medication with sometimes adverse side effects were barred from flying, you'd disembowel the core of experienced pilots in the air

Are we including hard liquor as medication?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Zero-defect strikes again

• Locked thread