Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Cantaloupe posted:

Does anyone have a link to the no-click run of Diablo 2? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before in this thread, but it's not in the archives.

Magna Apologia Diaboli

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Thank you!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

What LP would someone recommend as a nice RELAXING LP?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Speedball posted:

Chulip, Gitarooman, Kirby's Dream Course, 50 Cent: Blood In The Sand

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Speedball posted:

Let's Play 25 Years of Final Fantasy. Seriously.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Speedball posted:

The use of caps here makes it sound like you're super aggressive about relaxing.
I JUST WANT TO BE CHILL BRO! poo poo! PISS!

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

toddy. posted:

I JUST WANT TO BE CHILL BRO!

Who even says "chill" anymore?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

frozentreasure posted:

Cool people

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

frozentreasure posted:

I am looking for an LP that is wicked sick or potentially "totally tubular". I have already seen the Peggle LP and Northernlion plays Binding of Isaac for 8 straight years. The death squad is coming to my home and I want chill LP to be my final warmth before the cold embrace of death.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

frozentreasure posted:

hey man, chill.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Speedball posted:

Alice: Madness Returns is relatively recent, and very relaxed.

Capriccio
Dec 8, 2005
I might be completely mistaken about some of the details, but I am having a hell of a time trying to find this older LP.

It was a smaller VLP on the forums from pre-2010. The game was a licensed, knock-off-LEGO Zelda-like set in a fantasy/medieval world. I know it was a budget European PC release of some kind. It was a seemingly not-awful game, despite all of this. It's been impossible for me to find any proof that it even existed via Google. An archive search has been fruitless as well, since I have no title to go by.

It's a bit of a long shot, but does this sound at all familiar to any of y'all? Thanks!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hype: the Time Quest by ffuok.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hype: the Time Quest by ffuok.

also his username used to be aidinsxyz since that's ffuok's old username.

also it's the only LP to my knolwedge to still have videos on Vimeo that havent been deleted.

http://lparchive.org/Hype-The-Time-Quest/

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I totally forgot that's how old that LP is, drat.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mico posted:

also his username used to be aidinsxyz since that's ffuok's old username.

also it's the only LP to my knolwedge to still have videos on Vimeo that havent been deleted.

http://lparchive.org/Hype-The-Time-Quest/
Well that, and 'I wanna be the guy': https://vimeo.com/620120 from this LP: http://lparchive.org/I-Wanna-Be-The-Guy/

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I still have some videos on Vimeo from an old Bully LP that I helped upload. I guess it helps that nobody ever watches them?

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I loved that bully lp. Could I have a link?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I only have episodes 6 through 13 but here you go.

Capriccio
Dec 8, 2005
Dang.

I just now checked back and saw that my inquiry was answered in about five minutes.

You folks are the best! Thank you.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nice piece of fish posted:

Now for something different: :asoiaf:

I really must recommend this spectacularly funny LP of Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom sim, done by the comedy trio of Coolguy, Orv and TheLastRoboky - it has so far received none of the attention it deserves.

Firstly, Majesty is by itself a very funny and interesting game, that naturally generates its own brand of drama and comedy. It has amazing voice acting and I consider it ideal for an LP game.

Secondly, the setup of Coolguy, Orv and TheLastRoboky playing and co-commenting simultaneously really really works. The frustration, rage and camaraderie of the trio brings a new life to Majesty I've not experienced before - and really highlights the insane difficulty of the game.

And thirdly, they hand out free poo poo like game codes. Also the videos are loving hilarious.

Also, as a very significant new development:

Coolguye posted:

OK, you lot, I was gonna be a little more crafty about this, but it's out there now (he posted about it on Episode 1 of our LP, and also the Steam Community forum), so I might as well post it.

Part of the reason we've been so quiet is because I've been talking to George Ladoux - AKA, Lord Venn Fairweather, the Royal Advisor. Turns out he is one of the chillest dudes in existence, and he's interested in commentating the home stretch of episodes with us. He's also going to fill in a particular gap that fans of this game might be aware of, that never got filled in the game itself. I'm sure someone will guess what I mean, but I'll let you speculate a bit for the fun.

Needless to say, this is pretty damned cool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nice piece of fish posted:

Needless to say, this is pretty damned cool.
I really cannot put into text how excited I am about this. Thanks for sharing it here, man!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
He's helped out with PoptartsNinja's Battletech thread too, and I think has an SA account. So, yeah, he's a pretty cool guy. :)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

malkav11 posted:

He's helped out with PoptartsNinja's Battletech thread too, and I think has an SA account. So, yeah, he's a pretty cool guy. :)

He does, he posted in our thread today and went straight to being hilarious.

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
Huh, has there not been a Recettear LP? I'm fairly sure I remember reading one here some time ago, but I don't see it on the LP Archive or the Master List.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there was one going on like a year ago maybe that got abandoned

people actually update the master list?

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
Well it's what I've always used to find old threads, anyway. I guess it's hardly surprising if it doesn't actually have every LP ever started here though. I imagine that would be a rather absurdly difficult chore to maintain.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
It's not anyone's job in particular to moderate that, people are perfectly able to add their threads to the master list themselves. Details are somewhere in the clusterfuck of text that is the Sandcastle OP (ctrl+f for master list or whatever). You can add other peoples' LPs on the subforum there too!

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

toddy. posted:

Details are somewhere in the clusterfuck of text that is the Sandcastle OP (ctrl+f for master list or whatever).

Luckily it's also been mentioned in two more posts on the new Sandcastle's only page!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Huh... I was watching VoidBurger's SH2 LP a few weeks ago and I could have sworn I saw a "Let's Stream P.T." (the new Silent Hill demo) in her channel, but I can't find it now. I checked my other subscriptions but also nothing; does anybody know of any forum LPers who have done a PT LP/stream, or did I hallucinate it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think it might have been her guesting on her friend's channel. They do lots of dumb or good horror games streams. I think it's here.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HGH posted:

I think it might have been her guesting on her friend's channel. They do lots of dumb or good horror games streams. I think it's here.

hahaha, gently caress. That's literally the first result when searching "let's stream pt" in youtube, but since I didn't recognize the channel name it didn't occur to me to check. It's like right there:

quote:

Co-commentary by VoidBurger (http://twitter.com/voidburger), Chip Cheezum (http://twitter.com/chipcheezum), and KC Green (https://twitter.com/kcgreenn)

In case anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyqInrPicoE

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

That's Kamoc's channel which is a good enough reason to recommend that everyone go watch his LP of Silent Hill: Homecoming. He used YouTube's annotations to create a video CYOA LP of Homecoming, it's really good and super awesome.

Imightberusty
Feb 28, 2015
My favorite KC guest spot of all time has gotta be his stream with Chip playing Simpsons Hit and Run. It's got a ton of views, so I'm sure everyone's seen it already, but maybe just watch it again 'cause it's really funny. Everything on Kamoc's page is great too.

I'm looking for LP's with a lot of vocal commentary that can be taken on its own, with or without the video. Basically, I load LP's and podcasts onto my phone before work so I have something other than music to listen to. Sometimes I can watch the video, but more often than not I'm helping a customer or doing something (i work alone, so I can listen to something while i'm busy). LP's that work for this are a lot of supergreatfriend's stuff, rongpuraes (but not really regular RPs, since a lot of the jokes reference things happening on screen), Chip and Ironicus.

Those are the big ones, while a couple I would suggest for this are Zemalf and Unfair Plus. I know Zemalf was getting some flak earlier in the thread for the XCOM LP, and I never thought about tampering when it came to those incredibly lucky shots he was making, so that's something to think about when it comes to the rest of his content. I got into LP's on youtube, and he was one of the first serious ones that I found, so I think that's why I still watch his stuff, honestly. It's informative, and whether or not that information is entertaining to you is pretty subjective. If you like a soothing eastern european voice though, it's really hard to deny that he's got that. Unfair Plus is in the archive and I like everything I've seen so far. Deus Ex is of course his specialty and he covers it quite well, but the Chronicles of Riddick and Dishonored LP's are nice too. If you're looking for a chill guy to listen to, Unfair is really cool, and he lets the game breathe which I think is important for a chillp

I know you need decent commentary for a good LP, but sometimes reactions to visual stuff are a big part of it and I don't want to miss big chunks of funny stuff at work. Anything y'all can suggest? Oh, and streams are cool too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Imightberusty posted:

My favorite KC guest spot of all time has gotta be his stream with Chip playing Simpsons Hit and Run. It's got a ton of views, so I'm sure everyone's seen it already, but maybe just watch it again 'cause it's really funny. Everything on Kamoc's page is great too.

I'm looking for LP's with a lot of vocal commentary that can be taken on its own, with or without the video. Basically, I load LP's and podcasts onto my phone before work so I have something other than music to listen to. Sometimes I can watch the video, but more often than not I'm helping a customer or doing something (i work alone, so I can listen to something while i'm busy). LP's that work for this are a lot of supergreatfriend's stuff, rongpuraes (but not really regular RPs, since a lot of the jokes reference things happening on screen), Chip and Ironicus.

Those are the big ones, while a couple I would suggest for this are Zemalf and Unfair Plus. I know Zemalf was getting some flak earlier in the thread for the XCOM LP, and I never thought about tampering when it came to those incredibly lucky shots he was making, so that's something to think about when it comes to the rest of his content. I got into LP's on youtube, and he was one of the first serious ones that I found, so I think that's why I still watch his stuff, honestly. It's informative, and whether or not that information is entertaining to you is pretty subjective. If you like a soothing eastern european voice though, it's really hard to deny that he's got that. Unfair Plus is in the archive and I like everything I've seen so far. Deus Ex is of course his specialty and he covers it quite well, but the Chronicles of Riddick and Dishonored LP's are nice too. If you're looking for a chill guy to listen to, Unfair is really cool, and he lets the game breathe which I think is important for a chillp

I know you need decent commentary for a good LP, but sometimes reactions to visual stuff are a big part of it and I don't want to miss big chunks of funny stuff at work. Anything y'all can suggest? Oh, and streams are cool too.

Run Button spend very little time talking about what's on screen. It also just sounds like you're looking for just normal podcasts.

Imightberusty
Feb 28, 2015
Well, podcasts are great, and I listen to quite a few already. LP's are kinda different though, kind of like developer commentary where you get a play-by-play overview of minutiae that might get overlooked during a podcast where you don't have a constant direct reference.

I also just personally think LP's have a different flavor, distinctive from podcasts in format and attitude. That might just be me though? Idk, for example, SGF's podcast is totally different from his LP content, but the LP commentary still works on its own as audio. Same with the new stuff from C&I. There was also the fifty shades podcast and there's the best friend super thing. Totally different from the LP content.

Thanks, I've been putting them off for a while. I'll start with their Silent Hill stuff.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
So I just finished the Disaster Day of Crisis LP and I'm mad at myself for not watching it earlier. The game is a bizarre mash-up of Wii waggle and 15 different Roland Emmerich movies haphazardly stapled together. It is beautiful.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ursus Veritas posted:

That's Kamoc's channel which is a good enough reason to recommend that everyone go watch his LP of Silent Hill: Homecoming. He used YouTube's annotations to create a video CYOA LP of Homecoming, it's really good and super awesome.

I tried watching that LP at a point in time when my ISP was throttling youtube like a motherfucker and ended up abandoning it because I couldn't make the CYOA component work without having to wait 10 minutes for each segment to load. Thanks for reminding me!

Imightberusty posted:

I know Zemalf was getting some flak earlier in the thread for the XCOM LP, and I never thought about tampering when it came to those incredibly lucky shots he was making. If you like a soothing eastern european voice though, it's really hard to deny that he's got that.

Yeah, I think I made a few comments about the XCOM LP when I first watched it, but it was mostly because at the time someone was looking for an LP to learn how to be better at the game, and Zemalf gets really careless by relying on hail Mary shots, but if you're not looking for tips on xcom it could work for a chillp.

I maintain that Zemalf sounds like LP Bot. :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Imightberusty posted:

A lot of the Pen and Paper RPG LP's work well for that since many if not all can be done audio-only. There's the old Let's Play Dungeons and Dragons (Part One and Part Two, plus copies of their [/url=http://kisamayatsu.com/letsplay/dnd2/]OP's[/url]), there's a current one. and there's a solid thread for The 13th Age. There's a lot more good ones out there I haven't had a chance to check out either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Camel Pimp posted:

So I just finished the Disaster Day of Crisis LP and I'm mad at myself for not watching it earlier. The game is a bizarre mash-up of Wii waggle and 15 different Roland Emmerich movies haphazardly stapled together. It is beautiful.

I still think that the unfinished Coulis LP of this is the funniest thing that has ever come out of this subforum.